Mika in Tallinn, Estonia - 5 july 2012

ängi

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go. I will change the date in the title.

http://news.err.ee/entertainment/a84563a0-16d0-4e49-8106-c1b8af345000

The flamboyant British pop singer Mika, who two years ago took the Tallinn Song Festival Grounds by storm with his ultra-energetic concert, is returning to Estonia, this time to perform at the Õllesummer beer festival on July 5.

According to the festival organizers, the 29-year-old singer-songwriter will perform tunes from his previous two albums as well as from his new album "Origin of Love" due to be released in the spring.

The new album consists of 12 love songs, which, according to the artists, are brutally honest and clearly differ from his previous repertoire.

Mika's career took off after his debut single "Grace Kelly" was released in 2007 and he reached number one on the UK Singles Chart by the end of the same month. Both fans and music critics have compared Mika to a number of iconic artists such as Freddie Mercury, the Scissor Sisters, Prince and Elton John.

The four-day beer-themed Õllesummer, which is one of the biggest music festivals in Estonia, will start on July 4.

Several Estonian news pages have mentioned Mika coming to Estonia this summer, I was so hoping it's true :biggrin2: Fantastic news!!!!

I won't book anything (not even France) before everything is confirmed by Mikasounds, and something can still be cancelled (always is :aah:).

Edit: I just saw the article. Could someone please give a link how to buy tickets to the festival?

I'm going to slovakia on that day with my orchestra..

Oh, no... What a bad timing :huglove:

This is a festival... I hope he will do a proper gig both in Tallinn and in Helsinki during his new tour (after the album is out).

OMG this is exciting news :excite::clap::excite::boing:

not that i could ever attend this one, but so exciting that dates are starting to be announced and not just ones in France :teehee:

+1!

And I get to see more videos of Mika live.... Wonder when he'll come to Asia :teehee:

My heart skipped a beat when I saw this because I thought a whole bunch of gig dates had been announced and I was hoping Helsinki would be one of them. :blush-anim-cl: Good news anyway, I've been talking with my mum about going to Tallinn over the summer so this would be the perfect excuse. :naughty:

Sorry for you Ängi, that sucks. :huglove: I think Tiibet is right though, it's only a festival gig. Hopefully he'll come back to Estonia once TOOL is out.

Archived