Mika in Tallinn, Estonia - 5 july 2012

ängi

Aren't we all weird in our own way? :wink2:

I haven't posted to say I'm happy for those people (yet) but I really am too. It's good to know Mika will be touring outside of France too as it saddens me a bit to see so much anger against France :sad:

personally, I'm not angry...more like jealous :mf_rosetinted::blush-anim-cl:

I wish he dedicated all that time and effort to my country, thing that is impossible :no:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't posted to say I'm happy for those people (yet) but I really am too. It's good to know Mika will be touring outside of France too as it saddens me a bit to see so much anger against France :sad:

maybe we are :teehee:

can imagine that...

ok people maybe frustrated cause there's lots of things in france. But it's not the french their fault, makes me sad too that people are being mad against the people in france for that reason. it's not right that the people are being attacked for something they're not responsible for

(hope i'm writing things write, it's not always easy to say exactly what i mean in a foreign language)

I'd say it's more about frustration than anger. I don't think anyone hates France (even less the French fans) just because Mika does a lot of things there. Or if they do I think that's pretty weird because it's not like you made the decision for Mika to focus a lot on France. :blush-anim-cl:

I'm looking forward to my week in the South of France:thumb_yello:

I'm sure this is the start of quite a few summer shows, so I'm hopeful of seeing some closer to home, as well as those I'll be at in France:biggrin2:

Does Vanessa know about this gig yet?

I'm looking forward to my week in the South of France:thumb_yello:

I'm sure this is the start of quite a few summer shows, so I'm hopeful of seeing some closer to home, as well as those I'll be at in France:biggrin2:

Does Vanessa know about this gig yet?

I think so too! :teehee: And I'm hoping maybe there'll be some small gigs as wel. *fingers crossed*

It saddens me too, and I can't understand it. He obviously enjoys his French shows, I can't understand how it can be a bad thing.

I loved Tallinn, it sure would be nice to visit again :teehee:

Really, it's obvious you're frustrated with Mika's UK absence but that's no reason to act like this. If you don't care about this gig you might as well just ignore this thread :wink2:

I really don't understand why people say things like this. I still don't. If you want me off the thread though, Droopsy, no problem. Seems like the people on here and on MFC in general aren't my type of people any more. Enjoy the sugar.

It's good to know Mika will be touring outside of France too

It doesn't seem to be a proper tour outside France, so far it's more like him performing at some summer festivals like he did last year. :dunno:

Concerning this particular one, I recommend it to everyone since last time the Tallinn concert had a really great and relaxing athmosphere and an appreciative audience. He was the headlining act that day with only one support band, so a proper gig, basically.

I really don't understand why people say things like this. I still don't. If you want me off the thread though, Droopsy, no problem. Seems like the people on here and on MFC in general aren't my type of people any more. Enjoy the sugar.

You can twist my words but that's not what I said. I know if I "couldn't care less", I wouldn't post.

It doesn't seem to be a proper tour outside France, so far it's more like him performing at some summer festivals like he did last year. :dunno:

Concerning this particular one, I recommend it to everyone since last time the Tallinn concert had a really great and relaxing athmosphere and an appreciative audience. He was the headlining act that day with only one support band, so a proper gig, basically.

Wasn't that the one with the bubbles?

That one did look great.

It doesn't seem to be a proper tour outside France, so far it's more like him performing at some summer festivals like he did last year. :dunno: Concerning this particular one, I recommend it to everyone since last time the Tallinn concert had a really great and relaxing athmosphere and an appreciative audience. He was the headlining act that day with only one support band, so a proper gig, basically.

Sounds good.

Yeah, That's the conclusion that I have come to too - that this summer will more or less be like last summer gig wise.

Maybe I used the wrong word, I was thinking about performing, not differentiating gigs and festivals

I think everyone is just trying to appear nice. Hell maybe they are nice. I know I'm damn well not!

Honesty is a virtue, too.:teehee: and to be honest, I don't care what festivals he performs this year as I'd simply like to see him to proper shows with new songs and until that happens I couldn't care less if he is in Gibraltar or Nimes. :dunno:

Maybe I used the wrong word, I was thinking about performing, not differentiating gigs and festivals

For fans who have not seen him many times it may not matter though, to me it does. :teehee:

Sounds good. Yeah, That's the conclusion that I have come to too - that this summer will more or less be like last summer gig wise.
yes, it seems so at the moment. Outside France, of course :rolls_eyes: I hope I'll be proven wrong though :teehee:
I'm going to slovakia on that day with my orchestra..
That is a pity... :sad: Where in Slovakia? Is it also some festival you are performing at? :teehee:

Wasn't that the one with the bubbles? That one did look great.

yes, it was and it was all a local initiative and they made sure everyone in front row got a bubble blower and understood instructions. :original:

Seriously considering this one, I need a bit of Mika this summer :teehee:

I'm one of the people who got really annoyed by all the French dates and moaned about it a lot. But I want to say that this is NOT against the French fans or people. I just don't get why Mika seemed to have this tendency to focus exclusively on one country while ignoring all the others that used to be on his schedule as well. I do understand that he enjoys the gigs over there and everything. I just wish that he'd tour the world and that every fan of his gets the possibility to see him :aah: (Who said world peace was a challenge? :naughty: )

As I don't know any of the people who will attend, I'm not happy for them. I wish them no harm but I couldn't care less who goes if I don't and I don't really understand those people saying they are happy for a load of strangers.

You guys can be very weird sometimes.

If you're not happy for others, alright then. I find it sad, though, that you give people the feeling as if they had to defend themselves for feeling joy for others.

And I don't know your definition of 'strangers' but isn't that what a fanclub is supposed to be about? Share your interest with people that like the same?

As I don't know any of the people who will attend, I'm not happy for them. I wish them no harm but I couldn't care less who goes if I don't and I don't really understand those people saying they are happy for a load of strangers.

sorry off topic

here I had never before felt so bad to hear such harsh words, Mika is for all peoples "thanks to God" for it, he don't mind having fans around the world "all world" and I still think that here (MFC) we are one big family without borders and no strangers :wink2:

Sorry everyone, I'm not in the habit of answering this kind of thing, but I felt bad for me as foreign or strangers and for friends and all people who aren't close, but that has my attention and affection :wub2:

Sorry my english and sorry again off topic please, this is all to say about it.

Happy for shows scheduled :biggrin2: and waiting more more :naughty:

I have a few questions.. Hope someone can answer them :biggrin2:

1. Are VIP tickets suppose to mean first rows?

2. Is it more like a festival or more like a separate Mika gig? Because when you want to buy a ticket, there's only info about Mika.

3. Why are regular tickets so cheap? (I'm not complaining about that :teehee:)

4. I read that last year Cranberries gig was canceled at the same festival. Is this true? Can you get your money back if a headliner gig is canceled?

That's all.. for now :naughty:

I'm one of the people who got really annoyed by all the French dates and moaned about it a lot. But I want to say that this is NOT against the French fans or people. I just don't get why Mika seemed to have this tendency to focus exclusively on one country while ignoring all the others that used to be on his schedule as well.
May I add my thoughts 'in Mika's defence'?:teehee:

I'm pretty sure it is not because of his 'love of France' or the French fans over others. In a way, he has no choice but to focus on markets where he is successful so that he can prove his potential to his record label (he keeps mentioning he had a No1 in France with no promotional support) and also to keep having at least those fans on board. If he loses the French, he simply won't have many left. Not enough to claim his international stardom, anyway. If it was only UK sales that counted, he would have been dropped by his label. Besides, who wouldn't work at places where their talent or even his personality is loved, praised or at least recognised? I am not sure if he considers writing music to dancing robots and giving advice on how to re-shape an amusement park as the height of his career but it is a nice break from what he usually does and must pay well, too, besides adding to his popularity in that one country. He is already cleverly using that one French song to get him performances in other French speaking parts of the world (e.g. Montreal).

My two concerns are the fact that it is EMD he is using to mark the turn of a page in his career in French markets (as it really puts him in the box of a kids' entertainer) and not quite sure if he entered a vicious circle with that move of focusing too much on one market in hope of getting the rest on board... He may not have time to have the rest on board if he keeps focusing on the one only. We'll see, I guess :dunno: All he needs is one song that breaks him in a the US, for example, or an album that establishes him as a credible artist in the UK. That will bring the rest.

Concerning festivals, they are just a convenient way for artists to promote themselves as well as to get easy money. The biggest ones won't have him twice with basically the same show within a year or two, so that will limit where he will perform in the summer. So, the choice is not exactly up to him but I think he is absolutely right in using these opportunities.

I have a few questions.. Hope someone can answer them :biggrin2: 1. Are VIP tickets suppose to mean first rows? 2. Is it more like a festival or more like a separate Mika gig? Because when you want to buy a ticket, there's only info about Mika. 3. Why are regular tickets so cheap? (I'm not complaining about that :teehee:) 4. I read that last year Cranberries gig was canceled at the same festival. Is this true? Can you get your money back if a headliner gig is canceled? That's all.. for now :naughty:

1., Last time front row was pretty much the normal price. At festivals the VIP tickets are ususally seated (far from the stage) but you may want to check that with the organisers.

2., it is more like a separate Mika gig with one support act. It is a sestival because it is different artists invited over a certain number of days.

3., That's because Estonia is not an expensive country, have a population of around 1 million and the area of the festival can accommodate aroun 10,000 people for pop gigs and even more at the choir music festivals as far as I remember.

4., not sure - better ask locals but I think it is more the rules of a concert and not that of a festival that apply

May I add my thoughts 'in Mika's defence'?:teehee:

I'm pretty sure it is not because of his 'love of France' or the French fans over others. In a way, he has no choice but to focus on markets where he is successful so that he can prove his potential to his record label (he keeps mentioning he had a No1 in France with no promotional support) and also to keep having at least those fans on board. If he loses the French, he simply won't have many left. Not enough to claim his international stardom, anyway. If it was only UK sales that counted, he would have been dropped by his label. Besides, who wouldn't work at places where their talent or even his personality is loved, praised or at least recognised? I am not sure if he considers writing music to dancing robots and giving advice on how to re-shape an amusement park as the height of his career but it is a nice break from what he usually does and must pay well, too, besides adding to his popularity in that one country. He is already cleverly using that one French song to get him performances in other French speaking parts of the world (e.g. Montreal).

My two concerns are the fact that it is EMD he is using to mark the turn of a page in his career in French markets (as it really puts him in the box of a kids' entertainer) and not quite sure if he entered a vicious circle with that move of focusing too much on one market in hope of getting the rest on board... He may not have time to have the rest on board if he keeps focusing on the one only. We'll see, I guess :dunno: All he needs is one song that breaks him in a the US, for example, or an album that establishes him as a credible artist in the UK. That will bring the rest.

Concerning festivals, they are just a convenient way for artists promote themselves as well as get easy money. The biggest ones won't have him twice with basically the same show within a year or two, so that will limit where he will perform in the summer. So, the choice is not exactly up to him but I think he is absolutely right in using these opportunities.

I quoted you because the first bolded part is something I tried to say in my own earlier comment. It must feel good to sing in places where people recognize him and love him? It's true he goes where people want him and I like to think that maybe he even wants to go places where people want him. Also, I had similar thoughts about his side projects and festivals, he is right using the opportunities.

I don't see his international career in a danger at all though, because as soon as the new album is out and good enough there will be international interest too.

Well you might want to reread what you just posted then! :lmfao:

It's the most ridiculous and most unneeded comment I've ever seen.

And apparently you care enough to share your frustration with the world.

A bit jealous are we? :naughty:

1., Last time front row was pretty much the normal price. At festivals the VIP tickets are ususally seated (far from the stage) but you may want to check that with the organisers.

2., it is more like a separate Mika gig with one support act. It is a sestival because it is different artists invited over a certain number of days.

3., That's because Estonia is not an expensive country, have a population of around 1 million and the area of the festival can accommodate aroun 10,000 people for pop gigs and even more at the choir music festivals as far as I remember.

4., not sure - better ask locals but I think it is more the rules of a concert and not that of a festival that apply

Thanks for your help, Suzie :flowers2:

Well, compared to Lithuania, Estonia is quite an expensive country (or at least Tallinn is), and the cheapest tickets to a Mika gig in Lithuania were almost twice as much :aah: that's not fair :mf_rosetinted:

Anyway, I'm planning to go because it's near my country, and it's possible my husband will come with me too.

I immediately thought of you when I first read on twitter about a possible Tallinn gig. Very happy to see that you're going (and happy for all the MFC-ers that will go too of course).

Thanks for your help, Suzie :flowers2:

Well, compared to Lithuania, Estonia is quite an expensive country (or at least Tallinn is), and the cheapest tickets to a Mika gig in Lithuania were almost twice as much :aah: that's not fair :mf_rosetinted:

How much were the tickets in Lithuania? This Tallinn festival's tickets arent expensive at all. I've never seen festival tickets at such a low price.

Archived