MIKA@Blue Balls Festival - Luzern Switzerland

robertina

if anyone else is going by car from luzern to italy: make sure you refuel it in switzerland and not in italy! fuel is up to 0,35€ per litre (!) more expensive in italy than in switzerland! :wink2:

When I was a few months ago from Italy to Switzerland,diesel were more expensive in Switzerland.........and everything else,starting from a glass of water :aah:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, thanks! :thumb_yello: I didn't know that. How come it's more expensive in Italy? I've always thought Switzerland is such an expensive country...

When I was a few months ago from Italy to Switzerland,diesel were more expensive in Switzerland.........and everything else,starting from a glass of water :aah:

yeah, switzerland IS expensive... but fuel has always been very expensive in italy, dunno why, maybe high taxes? :dunno: of course the prices can change, also the currency exchange CHF-Euro, and for diesel it's not as significant as for normal fuel (diesel is "only" 0,10€ more expensive in italy). if you want, you can check on this website: http://www.adac.de/infotestrat/tanken-kraftstoffe-und-antrieb/kraftstoffpreise/tanken-im-ausland/default.aspx - if you choose the country in the dropdown menu, they show the prices for diesel, and fuel with 95 and 98 octane, in the local currency and converted in euro. i found similar prices on other websites as well, so i guess they're realistic. :wink2:

yeah, switzerland IS expensive... but fuel has always been very expensive in italy, dunno why, maybe high taxes? :dunno: of course the prices can change, also the currency exchange CHF-Euro, and for diesel it's not as significant as for normal fuel (diesel is "only" 0,10€ more expensive in italy). if you want, you can check on this website: http://www.adac.de/infotestrat/tanken-kraftstoffe-und-antrieb/kraftstoffpreise/tanken-im-ausland/default.aspx - if you choose the country in the dropdown menu, they show the prices for diesel, and fuel with 95 and 98 octane, in the local currency and converted in euro. i found similar prices on other websites as well, so i guess they're realistic. :wink2:

Yes,I was looking only for diesel and it's not such a big difference.And you're right, it IS an expensive country,but so beautiful :wub2: Luzern is a lovely city and I hope you all have a great time there and fully enjoy the gig :thumb_yello: Can't wait for pics and vids :naughty:

This is the cover for the festival's guide from Luzern,summer 2012 :teehee:

aww, that's great! :wub2: t4p! :thumb_yello:

edit: on the blueballs facebook site i just found the info, that the second act, ren harvieu will be on *before* mika. so ren harvieu should start at 20:30 and mika at 22:00. official end of the show is 00:00 (though i don't think he'll play 2 hours :teehee:)

Edited by mellody

to those who are coming to luzern, we want to throw confetti (and maybe streamers and balloons?) for celebrate... tina is going to bring some confetti from an 1-euro-shop, i'll bring some for myself which i still have at home, and if any of you still has confetti (or streamers/balloons), feel free to bring it as well. :wink2: we'll also do it in vigevano, but there the focus will be on the glowing hearts.

of course the confetti isn't a new idea, but i thought why not do it for celebrate instead of lollipop, for a change. :teehee: maybe during the chorus? :wink2:

to those who are coming to luzern, we want to throw confetti (and maybe streamers and balloons?) for celebrate... tina is going to bring some confetti from an 1-euro-shop, i'll bring some for myself which i still have at home, and if any of you still has confetti (or streamers/balloons), feel free to bring it as well. :wink2: we'll also do it in vigevano, but there the focus will be on the glowing hearts.

of course the confetti isn't a new idea, but i thought why not do it for celebrate instead of lollipop, for a change. :teehee: maybe during the chorus? :wink2:

Good idea. :thumb_yello:

I think I still have some heartshaped balloons left somewhere (if I can find them). I will bring confetti and streamers too.

I got an email from Team Mika today. Mika will be on stage at 10pm. :boing:

good that they confirmed it. :biggrin2:

it would be interesting to know if he's also going to be at this "meet the artist" talkshow at 7pm... not that i'd give up my frontrow place for that :teehee: but if we're only the 11 people from mfc and dmfc (3 swiss fans from dmfc are coming) and all the locals only arrive at 8pm (ok i don't think they'll arrive *that* late, but one can hope... :naughty:), it would work. :bleh:

good that they confirmed it. :biggrin2:

it would be interesting to know if he's also going to be at this "meet the artist" talkshow at 7pm... not that i'd give up my frontrow place for that :teehee: but if we're only the 11 people from mfc and dmfc (3 swiss fans from dmfc are coming) and all the locals only arrive at 8pm (ok i don't think they'll arrive *that* late, but one can hope... :naughty:), it would work. :bleh:

I'm going to try to be in the front row, but I can't guarantee it. Boyfriend is not very cooperative. Wants to go for diner before the gig and doesn't like to be in the front row. :shocked: Next time I leave him at home. :mf_rosetinted:

I'm going to try to be in the front row, but I can't guarantee it. Boyfriend is not very cooperative. Wants to go for diner before the gig and doesn't like to be in the front row. :shocked: Next time I leave him at home. :mf_rosetinted:

he can have his dinner and you´ll go for the front row. Tell him eating is overrated and you don´t need some food. :wink2:

he can stand in the 2nd row right behind you. :mf_rosetinted:

If it's up to him we will be standing somewhere in the back of the audience and we will leave as soon as the gig is over. :mf_rosetinted:

*you* won the tickets, so you're the boss. :mf_rosetinted:

tomorrroooowwww!!! :woot_jump::excite:

btw, i just discovered that there's free wi-fi around the kkl and the station: http://www.luzern.com/en/information/dienste/87791 :biggrin2: hope it works, ideally also inside the venue, then i could tweet updates from the gig. :wink2: i won't use the mobile internet in switzerland, it's too expensive outside the EU. :aah: in italy it should be ok for a few tweets... but if there's (a working) free wi-fi in luzern, that's perfect! :biggrin2:

Has anyone ever thought about live streaming from the gigs? If there was a free wifi connection I'm thinking this could be a possibility? Even if it was just for one song or something. :teehee:

lol! there probably is an app for that? :naughty: i'll have some time from going inside until the gig starts, so if the free wi-fi works inside the venue, i'll try to figure it out. :naughty: though i guess the video quality of my mobile would be a bit disappointing. :teehee:

lol! there probably is an app for that? :naughty: i'll have some time from going inside until the gig starts, so if the free wi-fi works inside the venue, i'll try to figure it out. :naughty: though i guess the video quality of my mobile would be a bit disappointing. :teehee:

Yeah I don't expect great quality but it could be exciting anyway! :naughty: Do you think you could use http://www.ustream.tv/ on your phone? We could set up a channel for you on MFC's account if you think it could work.

Yeah I don't expect great quality but it could be exciting anyway! :naughty: Do you think you could use http://www.ustream.tv/ on your phone? We could set up a channel for you on MFC's account if you think it could work.

yes, there's an app for ustream, thank you! :thumb_yello: just downloaded and tried it, i had to register anyway, so if it works, you'd see it on http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mellody76. :wink2: i doubt though that the wi-fi would be fast enough, even if it's available in the venue... probably many people will use it at once at the festival! :aah: it's a cool idea though! might do it from the german tour. :naughty: