It's just that it's a pain to travel to a foreign country and try find a suitable place to get your ticket. That's why I paid £13,50 for secured mail delivery. So I'm not getting what I paid for and not happy.

When I hear things like this, it makes me so frustrated. If I could get the contract for ticket delivery over here, I would get tickets delivered so much quicker than this. I know it's mostly down to the ticket agents and the printers, when the tickets are ready for distribution, but I would be driving constantly to get the tickets to people in plenty of time.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind the amount paid for the ticket but the postage was ridiculous and then to be left waiting this long. In future I'll always choose the print at home option.

There wasn't a print at home option- I've never seen one for gigs- Coldplay and Bruce Springsteen were also proper tickets- though much prompter from ticketmaster (I got Lovebox from hmv)

Besides- it's a plastic wristband

When I hear things like this, it makes me so frustrated. If I could get the contract for ticket delivery over here, I would get tickets delivered so much quicker than this. I know it's mostly down to the ticket agents and the printers, when the tickets are ready for distribution, but I would be driving constantly to get the tickets to people in plenty of time.

It's this "printer" issue that I don't understand. When I order tickets from Ticketmaster my order is in their database. Once the order exists any Ticketmaster outlet can print it on their generic blank tickets the same day. Even that method is old fashioned and now mostly people print their tickets themselves or have the ticket sent to their smartphone and it doesn't need to be printed at all. I don't understand all the rigamorole with tickets in the UK. It was bad enough that it was going on in 2007 but in 2012 it's just beyond belief.

I guess these ticket agents are all colluding so they can continue to charge exorbitant handling fees because I can't imagine any other reason for it.

There wasn't a print at home option- I've never seen one for gigs- Coldplay and Bruce Springsteen were also proper tickets- though much prompter from ticketmaster (I got Lovebox from hmv)

They could just issue the plastic wristbands when you enter the park. There is so need for this. It's just bizarre that they still have this archaic and costly ticket distribution method and that everyone leaves it to the last minute.

Ok sorry maybe it's because it is a VIP ticket...

I've found that: "If you would prefer to speak to someone directly, please call our Customer Support Team on 08444 999 999. The lines are open Monday to Friday from 10.00am to 8.00pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10.00am to 4.00pm. Once in the queue please hold and we will answer your call as soon as possible. Please have your booking reference and credit card details ready."

So maybe if someone (that is fluent in english) can give a call for you to have futher informations about it, it could help you... By the way your english is very good, it is enough to explain your situation...

Hi!! :bye:

Apart from calling, you can contact them doing the following:

1. On the lower-left part of the ticketmaster.co.uk site, choose "International".

2. You will see a map, ignore it and on the right upper part of the site, choose "Contact us".

3. When the arrow of "choose your country" appears click on "United Kingdom"

4. Click on the "Contact Office" of ticketmaster.

5. As shorter and briefer you put your message, as sooner they will answer you. In any case, first you will receive an automatic reply and some hours (or a day) after, they will answer you.

Once you have contact them, you can change your order to collect them at the venue's box.

A friend told me that on a recent Cold Play's gig they sent all the tickets just 48 hours before the gig... so probably most of us are receiving them on Friday but if you can't collect them then... better get in contact with ticketmaster to change the option.

That's from my own experience, hope you have good luck!

See you at the gig! :wink2:

Hi!! :bye:

Apart from calling, you can contact them doing the following:

1. On the lower-left part of the ticketmaster.co.uk site, choose "International".

2. You will see a map, ignore it and on the right upper part of the site, choose "Contact us".

3. When the arrow of "choose your country" appears click on "United Kingdom"

4. Click on the "Contact Office" of ticketmaster.

5. As shorter and briefer you put your message, as sooner they will answer you. In any case, first you will receive an automatic reply and some hours (or a day) after, they will answer you.

Once you have contact them, you can change your order to collect them at the venue's box.

A friend told me that on a recent Cold Play's gig they sent all the tickets just 48 hours before the gig... so probably most of us are receiving them on Friday but if you can't collect them then... better get in contact with ticketmaster to change the option.

That's from my own experience, hope you have good luck!

See you at the gig! :wink2:

Thank you!! I sent them a message this way too. I hope I will get an answer.

Thank you!! I sent them a message this way too. I hope I will get an answer.

I hope you will have a quick answer ;) and that everyone will have their VIP tickets in time...

edit: I forgot to tell you, I contacted "lovebox" and they confirm Mika will play around 5 pm ;)

Edited by Etoile2roses

Maybe the wristbands are VIP only - Eloise and I both have just tickets I think.

It's this "printer" issue that I don't understand. When I order tickets from Ticketmaster my order is in their database. Once the order exists any Ticketmaster outlet can print it on their generic blank tickets the same day. Even that method is old fashioned and now mostly people print their tickets themselves or have the ticket sent to their smartphone and it doesn't need to be printed at all. I don't understand all the rigamorole with tickets in the UK. It was bad enough that it was going on in 2007 but in 2012 it's just beyond belief.

I guess these ticket agents are all colluding so they can continue to charge exorbitant handling fees because I can't imagine any other reason for it.

I think you are right there, it's all about the money.

edit: I forgot to tell you, I contacted "lovebox" and they confirm Mika will play around 5 pm ;)

ah yes, that's already one hour later than they first said. :naughty: who knows, if they go on like this, it'll be 9pm after all. :roftl:

Maybe the wristbands are VIP only - Eloise and I both have just tickets I think.

yeah, the non-vip tickets are just normal paper tickets. i think this whole delayed ticket sending out thing is a question of cost reduction. they first wait to see how many they'll need, and then they dispatch them all at once, it's more effective for them. in this case it's probably more about printing the wristbands... they first wanted to see how many wristbands they need to order. :aah:

good luck nina and everyone else who's worried bout their tickets that you receive them in time!

ah yes, that's already one hour later than they first said. :naughty: who knows, if they go on like this, it'll be 9pm after all. :roftl:

Oh well if so I guess I had wasted my money, because I must take my bus to go back to France the same day at 9.30 pm :doh::teehee: Let's have faith and good vibes for that Mika can play in between 4 and 7 pm maximum :naughty:

Damn annoying Ticketmaster :sneaky2: Now they're telling me that I have to pick up the ticket at the venue's boxoffice on Sunday AFTER the doors open...

I got the same email. I'm SOOOOO disappointed I can't express myself. This is NOT why I buy expensive VIP tickets. I buy them so that everything would be smooth. Now it's not. Not happy at all.

Damn annoying Ticketmaster :sneaky2: Now they're telling me that I have to pick up the ticket at the venue's boxoffice on Sunday AFTER the doors open...

Don't get me wrong, I totally feel for you guys and think that this VIP ticket thing has been a shambles, and is totally unacceptable, but I don't see why it's a problem to pick the tickets up after the doors open?

I mean, it's a huge festival and the doors open at 12. Mika will perform around 4-5 (or later), and I can't imagine any other acts performing straight after doors open either, so there's no point in being there super early.

I don't think that a few minutes will matter in the great scheme of things?

As I said, I'm not condoning the tickets fiasco in any way, shape or form, and buying ANY ticket regardless of its price should be a painless experience where you get your ticket sent as soon as you paid for it, but I can't see why the option to pick it up at the venue is a problem if you forget about the rest of the chaos that you've had up to now:wink2:

If anything it's probably less stress, because you know (unlike in the case where you're waiting for it to be sent now in the last few days) that you WILL have your ticket

Are you sure you guys can't go to the box office on Saturday to pick up your ticket? Maybe they just told you you need to go after the gates open because the box office is not open before the gates are. But that doesn't mean the box office is not open during other times of the festival.

If not, I'm sorry. It is really annoying to have to fuss around. This has happened to me so many times and it only happens in Europe. I never have to worry about this nonsense at gigs here. It's shocking.

Don't get me wrong, I totally feel for you guys and think that this VIP ticket thing has been a shambles, and is totally unacceptable, but I don't see why it's a problem to pick the tickets up after the doors open?

I mean, it's a huge festival and the doors open at 12. Mika will perform around 4-5 (or later), and I can't imagine any other acts performing straight after doors open either, so there's no point in being there super early.

I don't think that a few minutes will matter in the great scheme of things?

As I said, I'm not condoning the tickets fiasco in any way, shape or form, and buying ANY ticket regardless of its price should be a painless experience where you get your ticket sent as soon as you paid for it, but I can't see why the option to pick it up at the venue is a problem if you forget about the rest of the chaos that you've had up to now:wink2:

If anything it's probably less stress, because you know (unlike in the case where you're waiting for it to be sent now in the last few days) that you WILL have your ticket

No I agree with you, it's just that it bugs me that they just didn't send me the tickets in time like they should've. Hopefully they'll be able to give me the ticket/wristband on Saturday so I can get it overwith and relax. I tend to stress out when it comes to going to concerts/festivals overseas. :mikasweat:

Edited by LaraMay

Well, I find this ticket fiasco annoying. I always buy my tickets in advance, even when going to a movie theater, just because I experience everything around ticket buying/collecting stressful. Every theater/festival area and other place have their own style to do things and collecting/buying works in a different way in every single place. It might be easy for everyone else, but for me traveling to foreign cities, finding transportation, hotels and ticket offices is not always easy. I get lost easily and speaking English is tiring. So that's the reason why I try to make things smooth in advance (for example by ordering tickets to be delivered to my house).

And actually I do have a spare ticket and I can use that one, I didn't manage to sell it in the end (so it's not a problem to get in) but I paid a lot of money for a VIP ticket (it looked everyone I know have a VIP tickets and I thought there will be restricted areas inside the festival area) and I feel stupid wasting money like this. Also, I waited emails from Ticketmaster for days and tried to contact them, so it was wasting time as well. But oh well, nothing we can do. Let's just get over it.

I got the same email. I'm SOOOOO disappointed I can't express myself. This is NOT why I buy expensive VIP tickets. I buy them so that everything would be smooth. Now it's not. Not happy at all.

That is just so annoying. Have they offered to return the money you've paid for postage?

I'm in London all this week. If there was any way I could collect the earlier, on Friday even, for you I wouldn't mind. But that probably wouldn't work as the probably would require ID.

But if there is any way I can help.

Kath ordered mine and as far as I know hasn't received them yet either.

Actually this is not true. I will know I have my (VIP) ticket the moment I have the ticket in my hand. This is why it is so stressful in the first place. It has happened to me that my name is not there/the code I give them is not working or valid. Also, they will not give the ticket without the same credit card it was paid (and I use different credit cards depending on situation). So I would definitely prefer having my ticket in advance.

That is just so annoying. Have they offered to return the money you've paid for postage?

I'm in London all this week. If there was any way I could collect the earlier, on Friday even, for you I wouldn't mind. But that probably wouldn't work as the probably would require ID.

But if there is any way I can help.

Kath ordered mine and as far as I know hasn't received them yet either.

That's really sweet of you to offer, but I'm sure it will all work out. And yes, they did return the postage cost but I still left them horrible feedback :naughty:

No I agree with you, it's just that it bugs me that they just didn't send me the tickets in time like they should've. Hopefully they'll be able to give me the ticket/wristband on Saturday so I can get it overwith and relax. I tend to stress out when it comes to going to concerts/festivals overseas. :mikasweat:

That's really sweet of you to offer, but I'm sure it will all work out. And yes, they did return the postage cost but I still left them horrible feedback :naughty:

Yes,it is a nuisance that they haven't managed to get their act together, and very frustrating and unfair.

Good on you for getting the money back and leaving bad feedback :lmfao:

I hope you can get it on Saturday!

Actually this is not true. I will know I have my (VIP) ticket the moment I have the ticket in my hand. This is why it is so stressful in the first place. It has happened to me that my name is not there/the code I give them is not working or valid. Also, they will not give the ticket without the same credit card it was paid (and I use different credit cards depending on situation). So I would definitely prefer having my ticket in advance.

Fair enough,I guess everyone gets stressed by different things sometimes :dunno:

I was looking at it from the perspective of having to travel before the gig, and thinking that I'd potentially miss the delivery, as opposed to the 'safety' of knowing that it will be there at the venue. However, I can see where you're coming from.

This VIP ticket is certainly a big fiasco, it's been very poorly managed. I wonder if it's not the festival itself who is to blame, rather than Ticketmaster, as I have personally never had any issues with them regarding tickets, and they are always my first port of call for tix for this reason.

Gigsandtours/seetickets are usually a shambles, but I find that hmv and ticketmaster always work well and send the tickets out with plenty of time in advance, which leads me to believe that in this case the problem may be coming from another source.

I hope you can all get it sorted on time and without any added stress.

This VIP ticket is certainly a big fiasco, it's been very poorly managed. I wonder if it's not the festival itself who is to blame, rather than Ticketmaster, as I have personally never had any issues with them regarding tickets, and they are always my first port of call for tix for this reason.

Gigsandtours/seetickets are usually a shambles, but I find that hmv and ticketmaster always work well and send the tickets out with plenty of time in advance, which leads me to believe that in this case the problem may be coming from another source.

I hope you can all get it sorted on time and without any added stress.

Well I have to admit that I bought some tickets from Ticketmaster earlier (to help my friends who didn't have that type of credit card that was asked) and everything worked just well and the tickets came quickly. So it's possible the problem is not there but something to do with the festival itself.