Media reactions to 'Make You Happy'.

robertina

There's even a comment how "white" this video is. I can't believe this.

I told you I have to protest cause I really like to see men with mustache in videos. :mf_rosetinted:

And what about this person that is complaining about bullying on MFC? I don't believe that it is still happening and so persistently. Under every single article I saw these days. I really don't like that, cause I never saw anything near to bullying since I'm here. I guess we can't do anything about it, it's that persons opinion, but I find it offensive and harsh. :sneaky2:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I told you I have to protest cause I really like to see men with mustache in videos. :mf_rosetinted:

And what about this person that is complaining about bullying on MFC? I don't believe that it is still happening and so persistently. Under every single article I saw these days. I really don't like that, cause I never saw anything near to bullying since I'm here. I guess we can't do anything about it, it's that persons opinion, but I find it offensive and harsh. :sneaky2:

spread the love! :wub2:

It is persistent and under every single article like you say, but with the same username. :doh:

There is actually nothing new about it, repetitive comments and compulsive posts started out 2 years ago here: first some extremely positive with a vocabulary of 3 words at most, then suddenly all turning negative once the 'enemy' was found.

I actually don't find those comments offensive, simply annoying :hair:, especially when I read it outside the forum as it may reflect bad on Mika. :sad: There is nothing we can do though. Some people need professional help .

Edited by suzie

I actually don't find those comments offensive, simply annoying :hair:, especially when I read it outside the forum as it may reflect bad on Mika. :sad: There is nothing we can do though. Some people need professional help .

That is the irony here. I think this person genuinely loves Mika but he cannot see that all he is achieving is defaming Mika/Mika's site. He's not going to change anything because no one is assaulting members here. It's absurd and anyone who reads here knows it. :blink:

It is persistent and under every single article like you say, but with the same username. :doh:

There is actually nothing new about it, repetitive comments and compulsive posts started out 2 years ago here: first some extremely positive with a vocabulary of 3 words at most, then suddenly all turning negative once the 'enemy' was found.

Guess you're right.:dunno:

That is the irony here. I think this person genuinely loves Mika but he cannot see that all he is achieving is defaming Mika/Mika's site. He's not going to change anything because no one is assaulting members here. It's absurd and anyone who reads here knows it. :blink:

It gives a bad picture about MFC. :sneaky2:

I've been wondering about that too. I like reading comments, positive or negative about Mika's music, but I don't understand these comments about the MFC :dunno: And what's the point anyway?

:lmfao:

You should watch some Sam Sparro videos then, he's got a nice moustache lately :naughty:

Now seriously though, yes, I totally agree with what you said.

Oh, yes they do indeed....it's so weird :doh:

It gives a bad picture about MFC. :sneaky2:

I've been wondering about that too. I like reading comments, positive or negative about Mika's music, but I don't understand these comments about the MFC :dunno: And what's the point anyway?

I agree, its so weird :shocked: I found it by reading the comments these days, really did not understand the reason, why :blink:

:shun: I don't like mustache it's disgusting :mf_rosetinted:

ops sorry :fisch: I like only Freddie Mercury's mustache :teehee:

:lmfao:

You should watch some Sam Sparro videos then, he's got a nice moustache lately :naughty:

Now seriously though, yes, I totally agree with what you said.

Sam Sparro? Pffft... that's what you call mustache? :shun: I was thinking about some real one. :mf_rosetinted:

moustache.jpg

that person ( if you say that it's he) always is the first who left comments on every new Mika video... I know him ( not know, but seeing him) on yt all the time and never knew who is s/he :dunno:

Yes, a long time I see s/he, really weird :nervous::mf_rosetinted:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/11/mikas-new-video-make-you-happy_n_1587801.html

What do you think?

Vote below and leave a comment explaining your response to the video.

Quick Poll

What do you think of the presentation of sexuality and relationships in Mika's "Make You Happy" video?

- The video shows the complexity of relationships, without dwelling on sexuality.

- Mika missed an opportunity to showcase a wider range of couples.

- The video was about something else completely.

VOTE

Edited by A. Clay

I agree, its so weird :shocked: I found it by reading the comments these days, really did not understand the reason, why :blink:

Bah, for some people, being asked to follow guidelines is called "bullying"

If being asked to abide normal forum rules is bullying, then i find the "bullying campaign" is really belittling people who are actually being bullied.

so it's actually having the opposite effect.

And let's face it, our forum rules are not that hard to follow... they are mostly common sense.

Not worth my precious time :blush-anim-cl:

Bah, for some people, being asked to follow guidelines is called "bullying"

If being asked to abide normal forum rules is bullying, then i find the "bullying campaign" is really belittling people who are actually being bullied.

so it's actually having the opposite effect.

And let's face it, our forum rules are not that hard to follow... they are mostly common sense.

Not worth my precious time :blush-anim-cl:

True :wink2: ignore is the best medicine :teehee:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/11/mikas-new-video-make-you-happy_n_1587801.html

What do you think?

Vote below and leave a comment explaining your response to the video.

Quick Poll

What do you think of the presentation of sexuality and relationships in Mika's "Make You Happy" video?

- The video shows the complexity of relationships, without dwelling on sexuality.

- Mika missed an opportunity to showcase a wider range of couples.

- The video was about something else completely.

VOTE

interesting how they picked up on this aspect of the video that has become a developing theme/topic and even have a poll about it!:aah:

i really and truly am over this vid now - if i never see it again i won't mind :aah:too much energy for me to waste on smth that isn't even the official vid, though i guess it's performing its purpose by generating buzz..

i'll just be *listening* to MYH from now on thanks!:naughty:

I have not seen this posted here .. so :wink2:

positive

"What proved the Genius of the young artist and his angelic voice is therefore a prodigious example of how, despite everything, the art is not dead not even now."

:biggrin2:

http://vanityoutraged.wordpress.com/2012/06/08/make-you-happy-mika-origin-of-love-2012-new-song-freddie-mercury-synthesizers-imogen-heap-art-style-music-prog-progressive-great-gig-sky-pink-floyd-michael-jackson-pop-music/

It is offensive and harsh (and also not true and only one person's words) but I hope average readers see comments like that just weird and off topic and don't pay too much attention. I have learnt to skip this username myself (because he/she constantly leaves comments everywhere) and I didn't even notice this before it was mentioned and I went back and read. But it is sad to see comments like this under new music! It should be about the song and the film.

And about the vid. Isn't it ironic that he is too gay to someone but obviously not gay enough? I never thought there would be so much discussion about the film! I thought it would be the new electronic style that divides people :doh:

Edited by tiibet

finally it was posted on a german website (apart from dmfc :teehee:), universal music indeed managed to write a news article about it on their site: http://www.universal-music.de/news/pop/news/article:207742/mika-meldet-sich-zurueck ... they're saying that there'll be news about him and his album in autumn and that until then we can listen to MYH.

i'm hoping there'll be some comments from people who accidentially stumbled across it... would be interesting. :original:

This is the reason I'm no longer on twitter. I got sick of reading the terrible things this person was saying about people who have been nothing but good to me. I know what bullying is like, and it's not on here at all.

What tipped it for me was when that person replied to a tweet I did to Mika. "When's your TOOL coming out". Mika knows it's his album and would laugh about that. Maybe even respond with a bit of news (as I was hoping) Well this person called me "sex Starved". If that had come from anyone else I'd have taken it as a joke. But I can't see that person as a joker at all.

So I left twitter, because of the bully. Life's too short to be getting upset.

I've seen all the comments on the blogs. It's terrible, when all we want to do is be on the forum, for each other, and for Mika.