Origin of Love - Song and Lyrics Discussion

suzie

Maybe we'll get the video soon and the latin part will be more clear also.I can't wait for the recorded version,this song is really powerful and beautiful :wub2:

The problem is that it is a mix of Spanish and Latin, even within a phrase - probably so that he'll never have to explain what he is singing about. Besides, he sings it differently at times and the band's version is not reliable, either. :teehee:

The problem is that it is a mix of Spanish and Latin, even within a phrase - probably so that he'll never have to explain what he is singing about. Besides, he sings it differently at times and the band's version is not reliable, either. :teehee:

I read it somewhere that this is the pray which he used to say it in his childhood,so maybe he doesn't remember it very well either :dunno:

I read it somewhere that this is the pray which he used to say it in his childhood,so maybe he doesn't remember it very well either :dunno:

He can't have used the word 'machismo' in his prayers, so I have a feeling he is simply avoiding why he is using the word male chauvinism in relation to the church...

He can't have used the word 'machismo' in his prayers, so I have a feeling he is simply avoiding why he is using the word male chauvinism in relation to the church...

I can't blame him and it's understandable why he is using that word in this context,at least for me.

Exactly my thoughts, but he did say that...

oh wait.... I fogot rule #1: NEVER TRUST WHAT MIKA HIMSELF SAYS :mf_rosetinted:

Maybe in 5 years from now, he will tell us the truth... as he recently did with the song Billy Brown... :aah:

And now he's saying that SITM is about his granny. :dunno:

Yes, that´s even worse, cause at least, the story about Billy Brown makes sense, but the one about his granny? I mean, yeah, ok, i get the bit about "I sit and think about the day that you´re gonna die", but apart from it... I can´t find the meaning :aah:

But he also said that he used to make things up when he was asked about his lyrics, so...

It´s just Mika :naughty:

Maybe in 5 years from now, he will tell us the truth... as he recently did with the song Billy Brown... :aah:

I think the lyrics are obvious so I don't really need any further explanation on them. Billy Brown is easy to understand, too, so whether it is about his ex teacher or his neighbour is irrelevant to me as I don't know that person. :dunno:

And now he's saying that SITM is about his granny. :dunno:

I think it is about his granny and mum fighting over HIM. :teehee:

@Polysemia I hope so. I remember how much I loved the acoustic version of We Are Golden and it was only a bonus track on the Jspanese edition.

Someone posted link to TOOL on Amazon and it is described as a double CD :blink: Should that be true there is room for acoustic versions.

[YOUTUBE]Nam4fzz47CM[/YOUTUBE]

Clearest version of the acoustic performance:thumb_yello:

Wow, that's a fab, close up vid!

Watching him perform there reminds me of the early days when he used to look to Martin (and a little to the others) when he was feeling nervous when doing new songs, arrangements, etc. Like he's a) singing to the band and b) enticing them to join in so that he's not performing alone to the scary audience!

Sweet! :wub2:

@Polysemia I hope so. I remember how much I loved the acoustic version of We Are Golden and it was only a bonus track on the Jspanese edition.

Someone posted link to TOOL on Amazon and it is described as a double CD :blink: Should that be true there is room for acoustic versions.

I thought he mentioned that there was going to be English & French album versions as well... But let's hope for acoustic versions TOO hehe.

I thought he mentioned that there was going to be English & French album versions as well... But let's hope for acoustic versions TOO hehe.

yes, there will be 2 versions but he has never talked about a double CD. It may have been only a mistake on Amazon though

yes, there will be 2 versions but he has never talked about a double CD. It may have been only a mistake on Amazon though

He has been talking about a double CD for France for a while I think.. I can't remember when and where but in my mind I always thought there could be 2 CDs in France (the second one being bonuses in French)

He has been talking about a double CD for France for a while I think.. I can't remember when and where but in my mind I always thought there could be 2 CDs in France (the second one being bonuses in French)

Thank you, Camille. It seems that there will be a standard album and a double CD with some French and English songs as well then. Although the standard album version may be different in France, too.

Does anybody think we can expect a live version of the "The origin of love" as a bonus track? The long version with modulations is so great! :wub2:

As long as we're making wish lists, could I suggest a version with a full-blown symphony orchestra, a gospel choir and NO electronic stuff in it? Just dreaming...

As long as we're making wish lists, could I suggest a version with a full-blown symphony orchestra, a gospel choir and NO electronic stuff in it? Just dreaming...

I'd love to hear 2 version of it: one similar to what we heard already but with very limited distortion and only at the beginning ( otherwise the song doesn't 'come to life') and one like you explained already with a choir at the end.

Hope it has Elle Me Dit in English as well... That version is hilarious XD

I think the english version of EMD is Emily and it will be on the album,since it was played at the listening sessions :wink2:

Oh,yes,I'm with you!! Where do I have to sign?? :thumb_yello: