Origin of Love - Song and Lyrics Discussion

suzie

I make a MP3 of the YT
( uploaded by sabrina0527 ) Thanks a lot for sharing !

MP3 D/L link : The Origin Of Love @ Heaven

http://www.mediafire.com/?jikpga3recrcvss

thank u !! :flowers2:

yes, he confirmed that already. He uses a mix of Spanish (padre, madre, machismo) and Latin .

[YOUTUBE]6RPVDm4xwxM[/YOUTUBE]

@mellody Thank you for the link you posted on the other thread

Whilst we are awaiting a better version, this one is perfect in terms of hearing what he actually sings.

So, he clearly uses Spanish for father and mother and if we take that into consideration I think now weare closer to the 3rd line...

deo de madre - mother of god

di ode madre - gods hate the mother

.... everyone is to choose what they like

@basicamenteyo : any thougths?

doesn't he say 'dio de madre' ? (god from mother)

he was coming from the beach :teehee:

thank u for posting the video :flowers2:

My try:

Padre deus deus machismo

madre deus deus machismo

dio de madre deus machismo

deus es-so (?) san©to spirito

that's what i heared ... i thinnk ahah anyways, it sounds soooooo good :wub2:

@suzie: I get 'dio de madre' meant as 'god (was born) from a mother' , but its just my interpretation

well, we'll get to know soon.... hopefully :teehee:

I also prefer your interpretation and I think it is the correct one, it's just that Mika sounds to pronounce it differently.... and I don't think we will ever have it all confirmed so we can simply choose to go with this version. :teehee:

I'll correct first post.

I also prefer your interpretation and I think it is the correct one, it's just that Mika sounds to pronounce it differently.... and I don't think we will ever have it all confirmed so we can simply choose to go with this version. :teehee:

I'll correct first post.

what about official lyrics? :D

the phrase does not get recognised as Latin if I use it with dio.

@Marilyn deus is god in Latin

grammatically 'di ode' would be correct though: gods hate...

My Latin is a bit rusty, but wouldn't 'gods hate' be 'dei oderunt' (odirunt?) or something along those lines?

My Latin is a bit rusty, but wouldn't 'gods hate' be 'dei oderunt' (odirunt?) or something along those lines?

My Latin is non-existant, that's why I keep asking for the input of those who have learned it.

So, would

deo de mater/matre be correct? (I know Mika sings madre though, so it is already confusing..:teehee:)

I also hear 'di' / 'dio' like Mari62 mentioned but it could be just the way Mika pronounces it

but in the studio version it's "Padre nostru, deus machismo" in the first line :)

yes, I kept it in the first post. It is padre nostru for sure - a perfect mix of Spanish and Latin.

Edited by suzie

My Latin is non-existant, that's why I keep asking for the input of those who have learned it.

So, would

deo de mater/matre be correct? (I know Mika sings madre though, so it is already confusing..:teehee:)

I also hear 'di' / 'dio' like Mari62 mentioned but it could be just the way Mika pronounces it

I took three years of Latin, but that was 15 years ago and it wasn't Mikalatin.

It's only me hearing this?:

"Well if god is a priest and the devil a slut

Well,that's a reason for nothing."

No, it has already been decided that was the right line. I thought I had corrected it already but let me do it now. Thanks for spotting it.

I don't think there are 2 well's in it though, let me check....

yes, sounds like it but I'll only keep one 'well'

In this acoustic version he simplifies his latin part as well to padre deus and madre deus in the first 2 lines but I am not correcting that one until the recorded version is out as I think it starts with padre nostrum.

Edited by suzie

No, it has already been decided that was the right line. I thought I had corrected it already but let me do it now. Thanks for spotting it.

I don't think there are 2 well's in it though, let me check....

yes, sounds like it but I'll only keep one 'well'

In this acoustic version he simplifies his latin part as well to padre deus and madre deus in the first 2 lines but I am not correcting that one until the recorded version is out as I think it starts with padre nostrum.

Aha,thanks,I didn't read back,only the first page :thumb_yello:

Aha,thanks,I didn't read back,only the first page :thumb_yello:

I keep correcting the first post and sometimes I think I have corrected something but it turns out weeks later that I haven't ... :dunno:

It may have to do with me using my phone sometimes and I can"t post and edit properly with it.

[YOUTUBE]Nam4fzz47CM[/YOUTUBE]

Clearest version of the acoustic performance:thumb_yello:

Wow, Mika standing still and the camera standing still! Lovely!:wub2:

Thank you!:thumb_yello:

Thank you for finding it:flowers2:

I already converted it into mp3.:teehee:

Jepp, working on that too!:wink2:

I keep correcting the first post and sometimes I think I have corrected something but it turns out weeks later that I haven't ... :dunno:

It may have to do with me using my phone sometimes and I can"t post and edit properly with it.

Maybe we'll get the video soon and the latin part will be more clear also.I can't wait for the recorded version,this song is really powerful and beautiful :wub2: