mari62

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OH how I want to be that girl behind him!:sneaky2: His voice live in front of the camera leaves me stunned for some reason...it's just amazing and it doesn't sound like he's using a lot of autotune, which is good because Mika's voice is too good for that kind of stuff!

Oh Lola!!

OH how I want to be that girl behind him!:sneaky2: His voice live in front of the camera leaves me stunned for some reason...it's just amazing and it doesn't sound like he's using a lot of autotune, which is good because Mika's voice is too good for that kind of stuff!

Oh Lola!!

That girl is his engineer. :wink2: Why don't you go at introductions thread and tell us how you discover Mika and his music??

• 3 weeks later...
This video makes me feel that he isn't very excited about Celebrate . At least he doesn't love this song as much as e.g. Lola.

I agree actually! But the women behind him why are she in the video, she doesn't say or do anything?

This video makes me feel that he isn't very excited about Celebrate . At least he doesn't love this song as much as e.g. Lola.

Seems like it, and I agree with him.

I agree actually! But the women behind him why are she in the video, she doesn't say or do anything?

He introduced her in the other video. She's the engineer, and she's doing stuff with buttons when he's playing something. Not sure what Mika's doing on the computer then though. Just pretending to understand the tech stuff?

He introduced her in the other video. She's the engineer, and she's doing stuff with buttons when he's playing something. Not sure what Mika's doing on the computer then though. Just pretending to understand the tech stuff?

yes she does! :mf_rosetinted: i can do the same too!! :teehee:

I made an almost transcript of what he said on his last TBT

WARNING: There are parts missing and it may have mistakes (blame it on Mika speaking fast and lower at the last minutes of the video), any help to complete it is very welcome

The song Celebrate was a bit more of a journey. It started off as me and Pharrel Williams working in Miami on a song that was called ‘’China Boy’’. And that song has a pretty chorus ‘’When I wake up, I feel better, and I pull myself together, I remember those two letters, It will be OK’’ which is… very Pharrell (be OK). And then we have this silly moment in the breakdown of this song when, you know, this song is no matter how miserable I am, it doesn’t matter cause, I get the whole world to celebrate, and, that was the hard of almost everything… and we start to build up the song and the song is just starting to get kind of more and more build up.

The chorus is actually to me one of the most interesting parts of the whole song, because it’s not a traditional chorus, you build up, you build up, you build up, you got at first ‘’Once I get up, I feel better’’ which is pretty well and you think it will go up, but it stops and teases you and it’s more about postring, a big statement and this is made up of a synthpad and a electric guitar with a sample to go a arpegy, so, you play the guitar part and you chopp it out, and you go dididi and then babapa and you're doubless, it is babapa, babapa, babapa, babapa, babapa, and this is the result, all of this at last come together to form something that feels groovy.

It’s a funny song, it has all this..., it has a bunch of really wealthy influences, and it got mix... made in America, and the result is this. It’s not supposed to hit over your head, it got like a fast tune, which means a record like this can sit nicely next to Origin Of Love and next to Lola, even knowing it clearly has a more, you know, dancing intention, that line is really important as said Angie and Greg Wells and it just kinda like, I think it kinda slams on your face, cause nowadays everything slams to your face and then, you know, it wasn’t, it wasn’t a commercial decision, it was just something that felt… classy.

Edited by BiaIchihara

I made an almost transcript of what he said on his last TBT

WARNING: There are parts missing and it may have mistakes (blame it on Mika speaking fast and lower at the last minutes of the video), any help to complete it is very welcome

The song Celebrate was a bit more of a journey. It started off as me and Pharrel Williams working in Miami on a song that was called ‘’China Boy’’. And that song has a pretty chorus ‘’When I wake up, I feel better, and I pull myself together, I remember those two letters, It will be OK’’ which is… very Pharrell (be OK). And then we have this silly moment in the breakdown of this song when, you know, this song is no matter how miserable I am, it doesn’t matter cause, I get the whole world to celebrate, and, that was the hard of almost everything… and we start to build up the song and the song is just starting to get kind of more and more build up.

The chorus is actually to me one of the most interesting parts of the whole song, because it’s not a traditional chorus, you build up, you build up, you build up, you got at first ‘’Once I get up, I feel better’’ […]and you think it will go up, but it stops and teases you and it’s more about[… ]a big statement and this is made up of a synthpad and a electric guitar with a sample to go[…], so, you play the guitar part and you chopp it out, and you go dididi and then babapa and you doubless, it is babapa, babapa, babapa, babapa, babapa, and this is the result, all of this at last come together to form something that feels groovy.

It’s a funny song, it has all this[…], it has a bunch of really wealthy influences, and it got big[…]in America, and the result is this. It’s not supposed to hit over your head, it got like[…] which means a record like this can sit nicely next to Origin Of Love and next to Lola, even knowing it clearly has a more, you know, dancing intention, that line[… ]is really important[… ]and it just kinda like, I think it kinda slams on your face, cause nowadays everything slams to your face and then, you know, it wasn’t, it wasn’t a commercial decision, it was just something that felt… classy.

Thank you. It seems to me you got it right.

he's clicking the play button :mikacool:or space bar, at least in my recording software, pressing space bar has the same effect that clicking on the play button

So 'china boy' evolved into 'celebrate'?! And part of what he played was a new version, and part was the old ( more electronic one). I was reading an article yesterday, which basically summed the song up: happy but nothing special. It will neither appeal to his fans ( too mainstream- not very mika) and because mika sadly is not famous in the uk anymore, it will not be a hit. It is nothing different to most things around ATM- mediocre song with a rapper in the middle to take away anything good about it. IMO, it would be more accurate to put a c in front of rap!

So 'china boy' evolved into 'celebrate'?! And part of what he played was a new version, and part was the old ( more electronic one). I was reading an article yesterday, which basically summed the song up: happy but nothing special. It will neither appeal to his fans ( too mainstream- not very mika) and because mika sadly is not famous in the uk anymore, it will not be a hit. It is nothing different to most things around ATM- mediocre song with a rapper in the middle to take away anything good about it. IMO, it would be more accurate to put a c in front of rap!

Mika is no longer famous in UK anymore? :shocked: so where he is?? :aah:

I wouldn't say he's not famous anymore. I think people remember him here, but they just haven't heard him for a while.

People who write stuff like that make me sick though. They probably worship Cheryl Cole, even though she mimes and never writes her own songs. They probably love Katy Perry, even though Teenage Dream, California Girls, and Firework all basically have the very same tune, consisting of about 4 notes (I call her Katy Four-notes actually)

I will admit that I'd have prefered 'Origin' to Celebrate, but the radio version is better than the original and, hopefully, could be a hit. But it needs to be played on all radio stations. Radio 2 were good to give it a whirl, but Radio One and other stations that young people listen to, would be better.

What I don't want, and I'm sure everyone agrees, is a repeat of what happened with Rain, BIOTG and Kick Ass. They recieved hardly any publicity or radio-play, and they failed. I am dreading Celebrate sticking on the 72 plateau like the previous 3 songs did. So I hope his PR company have a great campaign in mind, and that the cool DJs will play his song, so it stands a chance.

Yes, I remember that, but I thought she would do something, at least talk. Aha, but then she doesn't have to be in the video :mf_rosetinted: Haha, maybe :aah:

I agree with parts of the text, but what I've heard from people that work with radio but not are reviewers are that they liked it and they thought it would become a summer hit. But then there's the thing that I don't understand, why isn't it released in the UK yet. It will never be played on the radio stations here in Sweden if it's not played in the UK. That's how things work sadly. The only channel here that have played it is the "talk channel", and they mostly play songs that aren't that mainstream or will not be played on the bigger radio stations.

And I wouldn't say that Mika isn't famous in the UK anymore, even though I don't live there, because otherwise they wouldn't interview him and he wouldn't have been a part of the olympics.

I know it's bad, but as much as I love Mika, Pharrell and the song I agree with the reviewer, it's a generic song with a rapper in it for no reason whatsoever and Pharrell's verse doesn't even make sense!

I know it's bad, but as much as I love Mika, Pharrell and the song I agree with the reviewer, it's a generic song with a rapper in it for no reason whatsoever and Pharrell's verse doesn't even make sense!

Still, it's better than a lot of stuff they're playing, and in a way, it's like Mika can't win whatever he writes and sings.

Celebrate is more mainstream and I don't get Pharrel's rap-in-the-middle either, but the radio version does flow better and that build up of the instrumental that we hear is phenominal and epic. It actually stands alone as a tune that is itching to be a soundtrack, in the same way that the instrumental Happy Ending has evolved into the well-known soundtrack that's used in many shows on TV, and of course, the shampoo ad. That's what I love about Mika's music, it does have a life of its own outside of the lyrics and if you listen to it, and ignore the words for a moment, I think you'll see what I mean. I just want the song to have a chance, and I think it should be out now in the UK.

• 3 weeks later...