Videos: Mika about the songs from the album The Origin Of Love track by track

mari62

EDIT: Just found out this.

Never happened to me before with any Mika's videos. :sneaky2:

MIKA - Celebrate (feat. Pharrell Williams)

MikaSoundsOfficial

This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Sorry about that.

It's working now :thumb_yello:

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really love Lola too. I get the Fleetwood Mac reference (I wanna be with you everywhere ahh-ahh), but there is also something else that is really authentically 70s about it and it reminds me of great pop songs from the 70s without sounding dated. Especially the part he showcases in the video - the melody behind "Lola baby it's just another love song."

Actually, that 'aah' bit from Everywhere was the first song I'd put my finger on for 'Underwater' - in terms of the choir sound:teehee:

Everywhere was written in the late 80s - its's not that it matters as it did not have a particular 80s sound, in any case. Besides, Mika has problems with dates, time scales and chronology of events, anyway :naughty:

For Lola, it was more 70s Bee Gees that came to mind but only after I heard the recorded version. The way the melody goes reminds me of songs like Jive Talking.

Actually, that 'aah' bit from Everywhere was the first song I'd put my finger on for 'Underwater' - in terms of the choir sound:teehee:

Everywhere was written in the late 80s - its's not that it matters as it did not have a particular 80s sound, in any case. Besides, Mika has problems with dates, time scales and chronology of events, anyway :naughty:

For Lola, it was more 70s Bee Gees that came to mind but only after I heard the recorded version. The way the melody goes reminds me of songs like Jive Talking.

Yes I think there is a sound here beyond the Fleetwood Mac AND it sounds like the 70s (not that the Fleetwood Mac IS the 70s sound). I'm not really hearing the Bee Gees. It's something very specific and I'm placing it somewhere between 1974 and 1977 but I can't remember what it is. :aah:

at first I thought it's the same vid I've already seen... but NO!!:aah: Somebody is joking with us xD thanks, you caught my attention

I know I was so confused because I thought it was Mika's Vimeo account and I couldn't figure out why the mixes sounded so off. It wasn't until the singing at the end that I realized that the video was totally fake. :doh: :doh: :doh: The piano bit is priceless :lmfao:

I thought it's his Vimeo too and was like :shocked: Oh god, it's hilarious, I mean his face and those sounds together :lmfao: Is it wrong we laugh so much? :teehee:

Nope...:mf_rosetinted:

Unless someone tweets him the link and he decides to stalk around here...:mf_rosetinted:

Oh my god, am I the only person that completely fangurled during the chipmunk bits? :aah: HE SOUNDS SO CUTE.

No :aah: And I'm afraid to say this... but the chipmunk version sounded better than the studio version yes I just said that :mf_rosetinted:

VIMEO

MIKA - The Making Of Lovesongs

https://vimeo.com/45630843

:floor:

WTF is this? :aah:

exactly what i thought!!! ahahahhah :floor:

i thought "well, i already saw this, i'll just listen to it now" and when he said "started with this" i was like WTF!!!!! this must be aa mistake! ahahahahhah then i was like LOL :floor::aah:

Oh my god, am I the only person that completely fangurled during the chipmunk bits? :aah: HE SOUNDS SO CUTE.

noo you were not!!!! :aah:

The Billie Jean part cracked me up LOL

me tooo!!!!! :floor: