Interview/Article from Danish Site

LaraMay

LOL :lmfao: i know what you mean but were they married that they say they were together for five years? :blink: Damn i'm confused xD

I'm just making a joke about my own husband. I don't think Mika was married. :teehee:

Wait? Not to take away from this announcement or anything but didn't he say in one of the XLarticles recently that he had had his heart broken after palomas accident? (I'm paraphrasing but I definitely remember something like this!) so the 5 years part might be incorrect (assuming he was telling the truth when he wrote that!:wink2:)

Well yesterday was also after Paloma's accident. I wouldn't read anything into Mika's timelines. He has also been making it sound as if he met frYars when he was an undiscovered boy and swept him away to Florida the next day. But we know he's known him for at least 3 years.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if he spend 5years with one man,then why most of his songs looks dark and sad??

I don't know which 'dark' songs of him you mean but you might have heard that the first two albums were about stories from his past - as a child / teenager. Also, Mika is a story-teller, so I hope from now on people won't start to wonder how each and every line of his lyrics refers to his past or current rlovers. Besides, you do have ups and downs in a relationship.

Personally, I very much admire him for the no label thing. I think that for someone in his position (not someone living in Spain and having a nasty father, but a someone being a pop star) it is actually a lot more difficult to stick to this message than it would be to come out. I know we don't live in a world where it doesn't matter which gender you fall for, but I really wish we did and I think that is the message he is trying to get across.

Yes, you have a good point on that. I also believe that it was a more difficult path for him to stick to the 'no label' thing than come out, especially since people tended to 'suppose' he was gay due to many different reasons and it must have been unbearable.

At the same time, it does take courage for him to say he has been in a long term relationship with a man and I am actually really happy this came up as a 'relationship' topic and not simply a 'preference'.

I'm just making a joke about my own husband. I don't think Mika was married. :teehee:

Well yesterday was also after Paloma's accident. I wouldn't read anything into Mika's timelines. He has also been making it sound as if he met frYars when he was an undiscovered boy and swept him away to Florida the next day. But we know he's known him for at least 3 years.

Haha!

Very true!! :thumb_yello:

Oh,thanks! Anyway Im not believing anything not even if he says it in front of a camera :aah: much less if its an interview in other language and from a tabloid...

I agree because some little things are inconsistent because if he was with this man for 5 years, when LICM was out in 2007 he was left by somebody just before and Paloma accident was at the end of 2010. His boyfriend broke with him near Paloma accident in all the case it is not 5 years.

Wait? Not to take away from this announcement or anything but didn't he say in one of the XLarticles recently that he had had his heart broken after palomas accident? (I'm paraphrasing but I definitely remember something like this!) so the 5 years part might be incorrect (assuming he was telling the truth when he wrote that!:wink2:)

Actually, you are right. I have just realised that Paloma's accident was at the end of 2010. It's not that I'd necessarily believe the timelines he says in intreviews but in early 2011 at the private gig he acted kind of 'dazed and confused' as if the idea of him having to perform his songs was new to him and he wasn't prepared, either. I even mentioned it to some people there that there must have been something going wrong in his life other than his sister's accident. It was still a most enjoyable day but somehow it left me feel sad for him a bit.

But are you all sure he said HE????

Couldn't it be a IT????

I got proof...

553818_3916003990527_1821584075_n.jpg

:roftl:

I just remembered that it would be interesting to see what they embroidered on the other pillow. It must be a double bed, no? :naughty:

What does confuse you? the time the relationship lasted or the genre?? Cause in both, it´s quite clear. 5 years, and a boy :aah:

I agree. It could have been five years. In some interviews he said he was with someone, sometimes he said, he's not, but long-term relationships can have gaps, like the "We're on a break" scenario, or they may have broken up, and got back together.

But it would be hard for the partner. I've thought that from the beginning. It's no way to have a relationship if you have to keep it secret.

Was it a secret that he's into men? Of course not. He wouldn't have needed to skirt around the questions, talking about labels, if he had a girlfriend. He'd have said, something like... "Well I have a girlfriend, but we like to keep things private." The fact that he mentioned no particular gender, was, to me, very telling.

Perhaps he's being more open now, because he wants this new relationship to last. That's not to say he'd ever be open with many details. I think he'll always want to seperate his love-life from his working life. But that doesn't mean his boyfriend (thank God we can say it now instead of Partner or Person) needs to be kept hidden. Once they are known as a couple, it'll be news for a week, then no one will ask again.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

that's just what I think.:thumb_yello:

yes, I don’t think that Mika being gay would get more headlines in the US than the lyrics to TOOL . He seems to have realized that his target audience is different and that there is nothing he should be afraid of. There are a lot of gay artists that are accepted and LOVED in the US. In 2012 it is not going to stop him have a career over there.

I am beginning to think that Celebrate is now going to be more about him coming out :teehee:

i always thought from the very first time i heard it, that it would be an awesome gay anthem!! it's perfecto...if it goes hand in hand with his further 'coming out' then all the better :aah::aah:

I'm still a bit confused by this interview though, but I hope it's true cause that would be great that he's comfortable enough to start opening up about his private life :thumb_yello: Not that it's any of my business, but I'm a curious person :naughty:

Yes, now I understand about Celebrate! I hadn't even thought that about the song. I was too busy thinking about The Olympics.

But this is better than the Olympics because now Mika isn't hiding part of himself. When you do that, you're not a whole person because part of you is closed off. But now, we see how happy and liberated he seems to be. Like in the Lola vlog.

I am so happy for him. It's gonna be OK Mika!:mikalove:

But are you all sure he said HE????

Couldn't it be a IT????

I got proof...

553818_3916003990527_1821584075_n.jpg

Oh my god. My worst nightmare come true. That explains all the clown makeup :lmfao:

Anyway about the 5 year business. I don't recall Mika ever saying that he was in a new relationship. Just that he'd fallen in love again. Could be the same person. :wink2:

i always thought from the very first time i heard it, that it would be an awesome gay anthem!! it's perfecto...if it goes hand in hand with his further 'coming out' then all the better :aah::aah:

That I agree with. Why is Pharrell on it though? :dunno:

Is he also coming out? Or is he in or out?:mf_rosetinted:

if it goes hand in hand with his further 'coming out' then all the better :aah::aah:

next headlines:

'Fans forced me to come out'

:teehee:

Edited by suzie

That I agree with. Why is Pharrell on it though? :dunno:

Is he also coming out? Or is he in or out?:mf_rosetinted:

Perhaps they are coming out as a couple :naughty: You know, Pharrell worked for free.. There must be a reason for that :fisch:

:doh: yes, pretty obvious. IT also stands for Immense Talent, of course :roftl:

nah, it's ida falk, and they forgot the second line and wrote T instead of F. :mf_rosetinted:

provided that the interview is transcribed and translated correctly, i love not only *that* but also *how* he addresses the topic... "i don't think that my fans would be surprised..." - it implies that we know it and stand behind him, and he knows this, and him and us are like a secret community who have known it all along and not been asking stupid questions like the press. :teehee: ok he probably didn't have this in mind when saying the sentence, but the feeling i get from it is along those lines, and so for several reasons i'm all :wub2::fangurl: over this interview. :biggrin2:

i also have my doubts about some parts though, like the timing, and then i remember he said somewhere that he broke hearts (and not that he had his heart broken)... but maybe it was both, he got his heart broken and then he broke some? :dunno: and then, some of his old interviews that don't match to this one might also have been gertrude stories. whatever, i wish we'd get it as a video interview, i'd love to hear exactly what he said! i'm curious whether he'll be that open in future interviews as well, or if he *intends* to keep still a little bit room for interpretation open for those girls who prefer living in a dreamland and hoping they'll marry him some day. :rolls_eyes:

Perhaps they are coming out as a couple :naughty: You know, Pharrell worked for free.. There must be a reason for that :fisch:

Oh my goodness :roftl: They would make a really hot couple, but I think we're taking this a bit too far hahahah

I'd say Pharrel is stuck in the middle.....:mikacool:

OMG :lmfao:

provided that the interview is transcribed and translated correctly, i love not only *that* but also *how* he addresses the topic... "i don't think that my fans would be surprised..." - it implies that we know it and stand behind him, and he knows this, and him and us are like a secret community who have known it all along and not been asking stupid questions like the press. :teehee: ok he probably didn't have this in mind when saying the sentence, but the feeling i get from it is along those lines, and so for several reasons i'm all :wub2::fangurl: over this interview. :biggrin2:

i also have my doubts about some parts though, like the timing, and then i remember he said somewhere that he broke hearts (and not that he had his heart broken)... but maybe it was both, he got his heart broken and then he broke some? :dunno: and then, some of his old interviews that don't match to this one might also have been gertrude stories. whatever, i wish we'd get it as a video interview, i'd love to hear exactly what he said! i'm curious whether he'll be that open in future interviews as well, or if he *intends* to keep still a little bit room for interpretation open for those girls who prefer living in a dreamland and hoping they'll marry him some day. :rolls_eyes:

Yes, I also loved that and how he (allegedly) said it, and what it means. And the way it's said makes me totally believe that he said it.