Love You When I'm Drunk Discussion

LaraMay

Wow, really? Doesn't that irritate people, having to hear the same song over and over again? I guess they're too drunk and happy to care? I would love to go to Octoberfest sometime, seems like so much fun!

lol, well in one beer tent they play it maybe twice in one evening, so it's not a big difference to songs that are constantly played on the radio. :teehee: actually it's fun cause the more often you hear it, the more you know the lyrics and/or the dance routine and you sing along at the top of your voice. :naughty: at first you might be irritated, but at some point you just go with the flow and start humming the song to yourself even if you don't want to. :teehee: being drunk might help of course. :teehee:

i'd say that love you when i'm drunk fits to the oktoberfest in more than one way! :lmfao:

this year's oktoberfest starts saturday next week, so if you wanna come visit me, feel free to do so. :naughty:

lol, well in one beer tent they play it maybe twice in one evening, so it's not a big difference to songs that are constantly played on the radio. :teehee: actually it's fun cause the more often you hear it, the more you know the lyrics and/or the dance routine and you sing along at the top of your voice. :naughty: at first you might be irritated, but at some point you just go with the flow and start humming the song to yourself even if you don't want to. :teehee: being drunk might help of course. :teehee:

i'd say that love you when i'm drunk fits to the oktoberfest in more than one way! :lmfao:

this year's oktoberfest starts saturday next week, so if you wanna come visit me, feel free to do so. :naughty:

I wish I could 'cause it sounds so much fun! :aah: Must go to it at least once in my life.

Starting from deb's lyrics:

I had a dream last night I slept with someone else

Does that mean that I cheated on you

It was amazing and I couldn't stop myself

Could it be that I really want to

Well if the things we feel count more than what we do

Guess what lover I'm leaving

I don't wanna be that guy

Look you in the face and lie

But someone has to say it first

Even if the words may hurt

I only love you

I only love you

I only love you only love you only love you when I'm drunk

I only love you

I only love you

Don't get me wrong last night

I didn't change my mind

It was the drink it was leading me blind

And when I kissed you it was such a big mistake

A couple drinks that's a chance that I take

And if I can't control all of the things I do

I guess I'd better be leaving

I don't wanna be that guy

Look you in the face and lie

But someone has to say it first

Even if the words may hurt

I only love you

I only love you

I only love you

I only love you

I only love you

I only love you

I only love you

I only love you

And I may be a little bit drunk

But I know what I've got to do

'Cause when I get a little more sober

I know I'll be over you

And I may be a little bit drunk

But I know what I've got to do

'Cause when I get a little more sober

I know I'll be over you

I only love you

I only love you

I only love you

I only love you

I only love you

I only love you

Edited by dcdeb

A couple drinks that's a chance I had to take -> A couple drinks that's a chance that I take (?)

Darling I'm / be (?) a little bit drunk

but I know what I've got to do

After several more dozen listenings :blush-anim-cl:

I think the first ? is: A couple drinks that's a chance that I take.

And the second ? is: And I may be a little bit drunk

After several more dozen listenings :blush-anim-cl:

I think the first ? is: A couple drinks that's a chance that I take.

And the second ? is: And I may be a little bit drunk

I think you're right! Awww... I liked the darling :tears:

So... can someone change it in the front page post?

I do like this one. It has that bit of quirky Mika originality that you don't really hear in anyone else.

Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of the songs on TOOL but not all the songs have anything that particularly sets them apart from the crowd IMO (apart from his voice)... but this one does. :thumb_yello:

And I love his shouty voice in the chorus! :mikalove:

That is exactly what I think too :mika2:

I've been loving this song from the first listening :wub2:

but tell me, who is singing the first verse ? I'm pretty sure it is not Mika but I can't find any information in the booklet ?

It's not electronic per se, it's just been distorted. Like the first notes of Relax his vocals have been manipulated. When he sings it live it is much louder and clearer but on the record it sounds soft and remote like he's in a tunnel or something.

It's not electronic per se, it's just been distorted. Like the first notes of Relax his vocals have been manipulated. When he sings it live it is much louder and clearer but on the record it sounds soft and remote like he's in a tunnel or something.

Ok, I understand what you mean, thanks :wink2:

You mean his bathroom or toilets :aah:

Joke aside, I really love that song and could not help but singing along while cleaning the kitchen :wub2:

When I listen to this song, it reminds me of an 80s TV show sitcom jingle. :naughty:

Anyone remember 'The Bosom Buddies' ? It would be suited for a show similar to that LOL.

The 80s had great tv show jingles (Growing Pains, Facts of Life, The Love Boat, etc...). They need to do such jingles again. Mika would be perfect for such things. Didn't he just mention something like wanting to write for soundtracks or show tunes in a recent interview?

Edited by Suzy

When I listen to this song, it reminds me of an 80s TV show sitcom jingle. :naughty:

Anyone remember 'The Bosom Buddies' ? It would be suited for a show similar to that LOL.

The 80s had great tv show jingles (Growing Pains, Facts of Life, The Love Boat, etc...). They need to do such jingles again. Mika would be perfect for such things. Didn't he just mention something like wanting to write for soundtracks or show tunes in a recent interview?

Oh, Suzy, of *course* I remember Bosom Buddies -- I'm :old:

Tom Hanks before he became famous!

Anyhow, I wouldn't want Mika to squander his talents on TV show themes, but I would love to hear him score a movie... or even attempt a Broadway musical. That would be amazing. :wub2:

Aside from that, this song, Only Love You When I'm Drunk, works on so many levels for me. Clever lyrics, catchy hook, immensely danceable... one review I read compared to Video Killed the Radio Star, which I can hear... so very '80s! And I am definitely a product of the '80s. Absolutely love this. And not only when I'm drunk. :teehee: