MIKA@Real Radio - Sheffield Winter Gardens (UK)

robertina

It just occurred to me... his tour starts in 5 days and he hasn't rehearsed all the songs with his band yet? :blink:

We saw him the day before the tour in 2009 and he was working on the set, not rehearsing. The band was practising the old songs for hours before they got into new material. Mika went and sang One Foot Boy with them a couple of times to work out some kinks and that was pretty much it.

There have been times when fans have started bugging him to perform a new song and he will start doing it within a few days. I always like to be at the beginning of a tour for many reasons but things evolve so much and so quickly as the tour progresses I always want to see some later shows as well.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We saw him the day before the tour in 2009 and he was working on the set, not rehearsing. The band was practising the old songs for hours before they got into new material. Mika went and sang One Foot Boy with them a couple of times to work out some kinks and that was pretty much it.

There have been times when fans have started bugging him to perform a new song and he will start doing it within a few days. I always like to be at the beginning of a tour for many reasons but things evolve so much and so quickly as the tour progresses I always want to see some later shows as well.

In that case, could the people that see him in the States please tell him he should sing LYWID and Overrated? I'd like to see those in Amsterdam :naughty:

In that case, could the people that see him in the States please tell him he should sing LYWID and Overrated? I'd like to see those in Amsterdam :naughty:

Oh don't worry I will be harassing him to do it before he's done in Chicago if I get the chance. :naughty:

He's already done LYWID twice though so I expect it will be in the set. I think it's a good replacement for Touches You and before that Ring Ring. I think Overrated is going to be a challenge though. Not sure how keen he'll be to include that in his set although maybe you'll get the acoustic version in Europe. As far as I know the shows he's doing in America are not acoustic.

You may of heard about the unreal things that happened at the sheffield show last night! I still cant believe it myself, my phone has run out of battery 5 times now over night from the amount of people calling and text me etc. :thumb_yello:

So happy for you Alex. This is the ultimate experience for a fan and I would covet it myself except that I have no musical talent whatsoever so it's just a wild fantasy for me. Must have been an amazing dream come true for you!!

I will add you later on FB if you don't mind. :wink2:

Oh don't worry I will be harassing him to do it before he's done in Chicago if I get the chance. :naughty:

He's already done LYWID twice though so I expect it will be in the set. I think it's a good replacement for Touches You and before that Ring Ring. I think Overrated is going to be a challenge though. Not sure how keen he'll be to include that in his set although maybe you'll get the acoustic version in Europe. As far as I know the shows he's doing in America are not acoustic.

I know... the darkness and violence (don't there must be a better word to describe it, but I can't come up with one now) of Overrated doesn't quite fit in a Mika show, and it's probably really difficult to sing, but still... if he performs it well it must be mind-blowing.

I know... the darkness and violence (don't there must be a better word to describe it, but I can't come up with one now) of Overrated doesn't quite fit in a Mika show, and it's probably really difficult to sing, but still... if he performs it well it must be mind-blowing.

I just get the sense that it doesn't have a place in his big shows. Like I said I think LYWID will fill the gap left by TY and Ring Ring. It's just a particular high energy moment in the show. I think musically Overrated is too much like Stardust and he's going to focus on Stardust because it's likely to be a single.

Anyway hopefully he will at least try it at some point especially if he's doing a string of acoustic shows. He tried One Foot Boy for a couple of weeks in North America but dropped it when he started touring Europe.

Hey peeps!!

You may of heard about the unreal things that happened at the sheffield show last night! I still cant believe it myself, my phone has run out of battery 5 times now over night from the amount of people calling and text me etc. :thumb_yello:

Today I have to go to work however I have many Pic's and Video's from last night which I will put online either later tonight or tomorrow morning!

If you want to see the video of it, its on my face book: Alexander James Mica Bampton , Feel free to add me and you can check links/ pics/ videos etc

Will post back soon!

Thanks

Alex Bampton

Thank you Alex for adding me:blush-anim-cl:

Well i think buying that 3 album has paid off,

a work mate who has never been into Mika, came to my office and i was playing

the cd, after a few minutes i turned to her and said, your humming to Mika, she said, she liked it, never really listened to him before, and what a lovely voice

he has.

i asked her if she wanted to borrow the cd, she said no :sad:

i'm going to buy it on my way home :)

by the way still haven't received either of deluxe ones ordered:sneaky2:

Well i think buying that 3 album has paid off,

a work mate who has never been into Mika, came to my office and i was playing

the cd, after a few minutes i turned to her and said, your humming to Mika, she said, she liked it, never really listened to him before, and what a lovely voice

he has.

i asked her if she wanted to borrow the cd, she said no :sad:

i'm going to buy it on my way home :)

by the way still haven't received either of deluxe ones ordered:sneaky2:

Still? :shocked: That's very weird. :blink:

By the way guys, Mika said he started rehearsals today! So I'm guessing that's why he rushed off after we had pics with him and such like. :naughty:

And that's partly why he got Alex to come and play the piano for Love You When I'm Drunk, because Mika hadn't actually rehearsed it yet... :aah:

By the way guys, Mika said he started rehearsals today! So I'm guessing that's why he rushed off after we had pics with him and such like. :naughty:

And that's partly why he got Alex to come and play the piano for Love You When I'm Drunk, because Mika hadn't actually rehearsed it yet... :aah:

Didn't you promise us videos yesterday? :fisch:

Congrats for your pic! :thumb_yello: It's lovely :wink2:

Didn't you promise us videos yesterday? :fisch:

Indeed I did! :naughty: I'll try and get them uploading whilst I have tea!

Congrats for your pic! :thumb_yello: It's lovely :wink2:

Thankyou very much!

And thankyou everyone else that liked the picture! :wub2: It makes me laugh though... :lmfao: