MIKA@Real Radio - Sheffield Winter Gardens (UK)

robertina

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home and will do brief report on my phone...

Wow. Bliss. Just wow. The stage was tiny, and Mika had a stool/chair ready for him but he just stood on it most of the time and scared the crap outta Curtis... :aah:

The setlist was nicely balanced! Blue eyes, Lola, celebrate, and then yes! Alex came on and played the piano for love you when I'm drunk! It was a lovely moment, and I have it all on film :wub2:

Mika seemed very tired but he seemed pretty happy and on the last song he was coughing alot and I was like noooooooo Mika don't die! :tears:

Afterwards we rushed round the back to the hotel behind the indoors gardens and waited for a bit. I screamed, 'MIKA!' at one point to try and get him out of the hotel, and gave Rose a heart attack :aah: then he came out and there was just alot of caffufle on the stairs but

I FINALLY GOT A PICTURE WITH MIKA. FUUUUUCK YES. Thanks to Rose by the way who kindly took the picture because my mother couldn't work the camera... But sayinf that, rose had trouble too and whilst me and meeks were waiting for the flash Mika said, ' COME ON ROSE! PUSH HARDER!' to which she reploed I'M TRYING I'M TRYING.

This made me laugh rather a lot with my dirty mind, hence the horse face in my photo when I look like i just spat. Probably because I did :aah:

Overall, it was just like a dream. Pinch me someone please. :wub2:

Wow. Bliss. Just wow. The stage was tiny, and Mika had a stool/chair ready for him but he just stood on it most of the time and scared the crap outta Curtis... :aah:

The setlist was nicely balanced! Blue eyes, Lola, celebrate, and then yes! Alex came on and played the piano for love you when I'm drunk! It was a lovely moment, and I have it all on film :wub2:

Mika seemed very tired but he seemed pretty happy and on the last song he was coughing alot and I was like noooooooo Mika don't die! :tears:

Afterwards we rushed round the back to the hotel behind the indoors gardens and waited for a bit. I screamed, 'MIKA!' at one point to try and get him out of the hotel, and gave Rose a heart attack :aah: then he came out and there was just alot of caffufle on the stairs but

I FINALLY GOT A PICTURE WITH MIKA. FUUUUUCK YES. Thanks to Rose by the way who kindly took the picture because my mother couldn't work the camera... But sayinf that, rose had trouble too and whilst me and meeks were waiting for the flash Mika said, ' COME ON ROSE! PUSH HARDER!' to which she reploed I'M TRYING I'M TRYING.

This made me laugh rather a lot with my dirty mind, hence the horse face in my photo when I look like i just spat. Probably because I did :aah:

Just go on enjoying the dream, Weezey :hug:

Weezey, thank you so much for your report :thumb_yello: and now I can´t wait to see your vids :teehee:

:huglove::huglove:

But sayinf that, rose had trouble too and whilst me and meeks were waiting for the flash Mika said, ' COME ON ROSE! PUSH HARDER!'

That calls for a "that's what she said". No wonder you cracked up :lmfao:

What a great day for you! You wake up not even knowing if you're going to a gig and end up with a pic of yourself and Mika. Can't wait to see the vid.

Was just about to post this link too. I love this bit:

"The budding young singer-songwriter, who is classically trained, shouted back that he could play the track, I Love It You When You’re Drunk."

:lmfao:

I'm happy for everyone who had the chance to see Mika :teehee:. I tried to get in without the ticket but the people were very strict so it didn't work out. At least I tried so I don't have any regrets and am not thinking what if I had done something differently. ;) I was too lazy to wait for him outside so I just went back home :naughty:.

Aw how sweet is that? This is why all these last minute surprises are so amazing. You just never know what's going to happen. You just have to be up for it because Mika always is.

This cracked me up. :lmfao:

Alex, full of confidence, who replaced the band’s keboard player for the one song, replied: “I sing as well.”

And at that, showman Mika*had the audience laughing out loud as he unplugged the teenager’s microphone.

I'm happy for everyone who had the chance to see Mika :teehee:. I tried to get in without the ticket but the people were very strict so it didn't work out. At least I tried so I don't have any regrets and am not thinking what if I had done something differently. ;) I was too lazy to wait for him outside so I just went back home :naughty:.

Aw shame, when I heard people got in I was hoping you did as well.

Oh dear, that just sounds so wrong when I see it written down!:naughty:

Sorry I'm late, Homeland was on and I missed it on Sunday.

Thank god for no shows on the night. Sharon and I had to wait a while til they were shutting the doors, but they let us in, we got a drink and walked around to the stage.

It was very small and quite intimate. Eloise and her mum got us in with them in front of the stage, and it was just amazing. My first time at something this intimate and I was blown away!

Mika didn't have a lot of space to move, and said they had given him a chair to stop him from dancing around too much in the space there. He then recounted the story of last Thursday when he split his lip on the microphone. So when later he stood on the chair, which was quite tall, he was getting VERY nervous looks from Curtis who was at the side of him. Sharon and myself looked at each other quite concerned he'd fall off. But remarkably he didn't!

Alex's inpromptu jam with him was the highlight of the evening, I think Curtis should be worried :naughty:

He was making a fair bit of eye contact with the audience, which was nice to see again.

It was awkward when he asked how many people had bought the album today and only 5 people put their hands up. He squirmed a little at that. I felt a little sad for him.

But on the whole an excellent set, and afterwards, we recruited 2 new members gor here. A lovely lady and her hubby, who asked how to join when I chatted to them about the 5th birthday party in January. It was their first time seeing him, and they had a great time.

I took the picture for Eloise, and as you saw got verbal abuse from Mika:naughty:

Definitely worth the long journey. :wub2:

Edited by RAK1

It was awkward when he asked how many people had bought the album today and only 5 people put their hands up. He squirmed a little at that. I felt a little sad for him.

Awww :huh: But I guess that's the idea of these things is to get people to go out and buy it.

Sounds like it was a great evening Rose.

What a nice story! Alex must still be smiling from ear to ear :swoon:

i sure hope he stops by and gives us a report :pray:

And how cool is that?! :thumb_yello: Alex must be so happy!! I hope he will come here and tell us more.

@eloise Such a funny story about taking the pic :naughty: Glad you had so much fun :wub2:

I don't know where to start!!!! I popped on this morning whilst laying in bed (as usual) and was blown away to see all of this! I had to come back on peoperly now to read it all again!

This is brilliant!!!! I am SO delighted for Alex. What a fantastic experience for him - and so well deserved. I so hope that it leads on to other things for him.

Yes, it cracked me up too that Mika unplugged Alex's microphone! I can just imagine that!

Did anyone video this?

So sorry that you didn't get in :tears:

Weezey - I am delighted for you :yay: - and you don't look like a horse at all!

Rose - well done, I am glad that you managed to push hard enough in the end :wink2: You should be well practiced by now.:blush-anim-cl:

Buttons - so glad that you got in :huglove:

the same article is also on thestar.co.uk: http://www.thestar.co.uk/lifestyle/music/mika-pop-fan-hits-right-note-to-wow-concert-goers-in-sheffield-1-5007880 ... wonder if it's in the daily newspaper as well?

i like this quote about alex: "A long-time Mika Fan Club member, he told The Star: ..." yay, go alex! :hi5::biggrin2:

i hope someone filmed this, would love to see it! :wub2:

thanks for your reports! :wub2:

edit: just saw there's a video on alex's facebook page, but i think you can only see it if you're friends with him... i'm sure there'll be more soon though, also on yt. :wink2:

anyway, mika seemed to be in a really fantastic joking mood at the gig, the bit i saw reminded me of his gig at radio ffn in hamburg in december 2009, which was probably my fave so far! :fangurl: and alex was fab!! curtis will have a hard job living up to that! :naughty: what an energetic performance of LYWID, by alex and by mika... i already love the song as it is, but i have a feeling that at the gigs it'll be my #1 fave of the new songs! :wub2:

Edited by mellody

Hey peeps!!

You may of heard about the unreal things that happened at the sheffield show last night! I still cant believe it myself, my phone has run out of battery 5 times now over night from the amount of people calling and text me etc. :thumb_yello:

Today I have to go to work however I have many Pic's and Video's from last night which I will put online either later tonight or tomorrow morning!

If you want to see the video of it, its on my face book: Alexander James Mica Bampton , Feel free to add me and you can check links/ pics/ videos etc

Will post back soon!

Thanks

Alex Bampton

Hey peeps!!

You may of heard about the unreal things that happened at the sheffield show last night! I still cant believe it myself, my phone has run out of battery 5 times now over night from the amount of people calling and text me etc. :thumb_yello:

Today I have to go to work however I have many Pic's and Video's from last night which I will put online either later tonight or tomorrow morning!

If you want to see the video of it, its on my face book: Alexander James Mica Bampton , Feel free to add me and you can check links/ pics/ videos etc

Will post back soon!

Thanks

Alex Bampton

you should know MFCers arrive first and before even the main character! :naughty:

we only miss details and a better video :mf_rosetinted:

congrats!!! :thumb_yello:

Hey peeps!!

Will post back soon!

Thanks

Alex Bampton

aww thanks alex! :wub2: can't wait to see/hear/read more! :biggrin2:

Had an amazing time at the Sheffield Winter Gardens,

What a lovely intimate gig:mikalove:

Had to buy another album my 2 still havent arrived :sad:

But Mika signed it :)made it worth it

Thankyou to Rose :huglove: for all she did,otherwise i dont think i would've have got in, would've had to listen from outside

Thankyou to Wheezy and her mum for saving us a place:huglove:

And Alex was amazing What an experience for him and for us to see:wub2: