2012 - Webster Hall, New York USA, October 15 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

Well... I've finally processed my first Mika gig. Holy crap, y'all. I've done a lot of things in my past, including various illegal substances (which I can't really recommend, but hey, experimentation...) and I have never felt as potent a high as Gig High. I thought you long-timers were kidding, or overstating and I. Was. So. Wrong.

I have this little mental disconnect when it comes to famous people. It's almost like they're cartoon characters, or fictional in some way, so when Mika came on stage there was this odd moment of "wow, he's actually real, in the flesh, right here in front of me!" and then all of that was blown out of my head by the first notes of Relax. The rest of the evening is a blur of screaming, dancing, jumping, and above all, smiling joyfully. (or grinning like an idiot, depending on who you ask :D )

It took two days for my poor old legs to recover from the jumping, and it was worth every minute.

I keep finding videos of the show on youtube, and I can see my little pudgy arms :D I don't REMEMBER dancing that much, but there it is on video so I must have!

I met the most wonderful people in the queue. It was so wonderful to put faces with all the names! Made wonderful new friends, met people I've been talking to for ages and got to poke them a little and say, "hey, you're real! you're not just an avatar!"

I can't wait for the new year - more potential gigs in the US, more travel, more wonderful people to see and meet... :wub2:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... I've finally processed my first Mika gig. Holy crap, y'all. I've done a lot of things in my past, including various illegal substances (which I can't really recommend, but hey, experimentation...) and I have never felt as potent a high as Gig High. I thought you long-timers were kidding, or overstating and I. Was. So. Wrong.

I have this little mental disconnect when it comes to famous people. It's almost like they're cartoon characters, or fictional in some way, so when Mika came on stage there was this odd moment of "wow, he's actually real, in the flesh, right here in front of me!" and then all of that was blown out of my head by the first notes of Relax. The rest of the evening is a blur of screaming, dancing, jumping, and above all, smiling joyfully. (or grinning like an idiot, depending on who you ask :D )

It took two days for my poor old legs to recover from the jumping, and it was worth every minute.

I keep finding videos of the show on youtube, and I can see my little pudgy arms :D I don't REMEMBER dancing that much, but there it is on video so I must have!

I met the most wonderful people in the queue. It was so wonderful to put faces with all the names! Made wonderful new friends, met people I've been talking to for ages and got to poke them a little and say, "hey, you're real! you're not just an avatar!"

I can't wait for the new year - more potential gigs in the US, more travel, more wonderful people to see and meet... :wub2:

I had the exact same feeling the first time too:teehee:

Glad you had such a great time:thumb_yello:

I have never felt as potent a high as Gig High. I thought you long-timers were kidding, or overstating and I. Was. So. Wrong.

I think newbies often believe the veterans moan too much about not seeing Mika often enough when they haven't had the chance to see him at all. But I always tell them they don't know even understand what they're missing yet. :teehee:

Anyway it was great to meet you finally! I wish you and Kat had come to the second gig.

I think I'm going to write a trip report rather than a gig report just so I can remember everything and I may as well post it even though it will be a lot of boring detail. :naughty:

I think newbies often believe the veterans moan too much about not seeing Mika often enough when they haven't had the chance to see him at all. But I always tell them they don't know even understand what they're missing yet. :teehee:

Anyway it was great to meet you finally! I wish you and Kat had come to the second gig.

I think I'm going to write a trip report rather than a gig report just so I can remember everything and I may as well post it even though it will be a lot of boring detail. :naughty:

I'm ready for the boring detail. I want to remember the whole experience, too, but I just haven't had a chance to write it all down. I'll relive it vicariously through your report! :wink2:

And yes, Linda and Kat -- the bolded part above! You should have been there on Tuesday. It was even more amazing. :swoon:

There is nothing like a Mika concert. I'm torn between wanting to keep him a secret/small here in the US and wanting him to win worldwide domination!

I know the feeling. But OTOH I'm not going to be able to do these overseas trips forever. It would be nice to go to see Mika and then sleep in my own bed that night for once. That hasn't happened since June 2007! :naughty:

Deb - I dunno, I know I missed the meet and greet thing, but you know? I got a hug from Joy and a Happy birthday from her and Tim - I think I'm good with the tradeoff!

I think Deb may have been talking about the gig itself not the M&G. For me the the gig is always way more exciting. Although I have to say that Mika's mood and the behaviour of the other fans really affects my feelings about the whole thing so it WAS a great M&G in this case.

Besides it still would have been nice to see you and Kat again even if everything was crap. :wink2:

I think Deb may have been talking about the gig itself not the M&G. For me the the gig is always way more exciting. Although I have to say that Mika's mood and the behaviour of the other fans really affects my feelings about the whole thing so it WAS a great M&G in this case.

Besides it still would have been nice to see you and Kat again even if everything was crap. :wink2:

this made me giggle uncontrollably for some reason :naughty:

I'm sure we'll meet another day :pinkbow: Though that afternoon was possibly the highlight of my trip :wub2::huglove:

What did you get up to? :fisch:

Fed a pigeon by hand, fed some other birds, saw a vulture, ate some pizza, saw the statue of liberty from a distance (missed last ferry), walked around, went to Bloomingdale's, went to FAO (again), bought a large toy giraffe....

:arf2:

(i meant the Mika afternoon was the highlight :naughty::teehee:)

Ah okay. I went to FAO and saw 5 lb Gummi Bears. :shocked:

YES! Saw them too! Also all the Nerds merchandise :teehee:

I have a thing for soft toy animals though :blush-anim-cl: Went home on the plane with a giraffe head sticking out of my handbag... :teehee:

I have a thing for soft toy animals though :blush-anim-cl: Went home on the plane with a giraffe head sticking out of my handbag... :teehee:

I saw some really cute ones but I'm a bit too old for that now. :aah:

I used to have tons of soft toys when I was kid and hated dolls. I still prefer animals to babies so not much has changed. :naughty:

Deb - I dunno, I know I missed the meet and greet thing, but you know? I got a hug from Joy and a Happy birthday from her and Tim - I think I'm good with the tradeoff!

I think Deb may have been talking about the gig itself not the M&G.

Yes, I was. The gig itself was AH-MAY-ZING! Monday was beautiful and perfect and I didn't think anything would ever surpass it. Until Tuesday. Tuesday. Tuesday was :stretcher:

Yes, exactly! :thumb_yello:

I loved your report :wub2: and the bold part... I weirdly felt the same the first time I saw him :aah: It's ridiculous but true... Everything that is behind a screen is untrue until it gets real true! :naughty:

• 5 months later...

This is a compilation video put together by the girl who won tickets to this show via Facebook, I think. Captures a lot of the highlights and brought back some happy memories -- hard to believe it's been 6 months ago already!

[YOUTUBE]2KNGtGI9I9E[/YOUTUBE]

This is a compilation video put together by the girl who won tickets to this show via Facebook, I think. Captures a lot of the highlights and brought back some happy memories -- hard to believe it's been 6 months ago already!

Awwwww lovely vid!!! :wub2::wub2::wub2:

Made me feel so nostalgic..:tears:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MY TRIP SUMMARY ::

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3820971&postcount=130

SEEMS LIKE YESTERDAY & we were THERE !

M_cel1.gifM_cel.gif

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g388/AgatheK/M_cel1.gifhttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g388/AgatheK/M_cel.gif

This has GOT to be my FAV MIKA PIC from this event --

DSC_5102-942x1024.jpg

Edited by A. Clay

• silver changed the title to 2012 - Webster Hall, New York USA, October 15 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS