MIKA on Tonight Show w/Jay Leno -- 25 October 2012

dcdeb

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, like I said, it's not the greatest, but it's something to tide you over until there's a better version on NBC's site:

https://youtube.com/5P3PG-BQ7cE

Thank you Deb for uploading your vid. I´m also wondering why Leno didn´t interview him or did he?

BOTH LENO & LETTERMAN Shows use a format where they end every show with a musical performance which doesn't include an interview.

BOTH LENO & LETTERMAN Shows use a format where they end every show with a musical performance which doesn't include an interview.

Yes they only interview singers and comedians who are celebrities like Madonna or Jerry Seinfeld. Although Johnny Carson used to anoint new comedians by calling them over to the couch briefly if he found them especially good.

At least it's better than Craig Ferguson I think it was. I heard a comedian interviewing him on a podcast remarking how he just went home before the comedian performed his routine in front of the audience only. At least Leno and Letterman go over to thank them for their performances and help them plug their album.

Yes they only interview singers and comedians who are celebrities like Madonna or Jerry Seinfeld. Although Johnny Carson used to anoint new comedians by calling them over to the couch briefly if he found them especially good.

At least it's better than Craig Ferguson I think it was. I heard a comedian interviewing him on a podcast remarking how he just went home before the comedian performed his routine in front of the audience only. At least Leno and Letterman go over to thank them for their performances and help them plug their album.

Just like Ellen DeGeneres... Just thought about that... He really needs to go there... I hope he will!

whaaaa? i won't have u maligning craig christine! :aah: craig's format isn't like the other shows - he normally has a warm-up comedian everynight (the guy does his thing before craig comes out then the guy leaves) and it's the same guy most nights...craig doesn't usually have a comedian do a routine as a guest on the show and if he does (i think i've only seen it once in all the years) he always greets them after...he also doesn't have musical guests perform..if there's a musical guest on it's because he's interviewing them - they don't perform usually perform...(i think i've seen a performance maybe once too? :blink:)

craig has a very small studio with none of the fancy shmancy stuff and band etc of the other shows, yet his show is consistently the funniest on TV, so i have to leap to his defense :aah::wub2: he also 99% of the time have the best chemistry with his guests, so a craig -mika interview would be amazing! :wub2:

OK, like I said, it's not the greatest, but it's something to tide you over until there's a better version on NBC's site:

[YOUTUBE]5P3PG-BQ7cE[/YOUTUBE]

thanks for posting it so fast! :thumb_yello:

Russell seems he didn't want to let go Mika's hand :naughty: