Mika confirms new single 'Origin of Love'

DerMoment1608

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing! :thumb_yello: There's "more" in it. Takes some time to get used to it. I have listened the album version a lot.

It was very weird when I first listened to it... They have ' squeezed' the song so that it fits for the radio. It's 1'20" shorter...and they added a new beat, they tried to keep as much as they could of the song.

The result is pretty cool, I think, but I like the CD version better. :thumb_yello:

so it's the third version we have since July:

- The origin of love (Jo whiley show Version - Slighty different than the album version)

- Origin Of Love (Album Version)

- The origin of love (Radio Edit)

it was the same thing with celebration. The single was different from the version that BBC broadcasted.

I really like this version! Even if I love the album version by now, too, a lot of problems I had with the album version at the beginning (and partly even now) are missing here:

The beginning drags on for to long in the album version to my mind, it's a too long waiting for the moment where the song "really starts". In the radio edit it's shortened and so I don't have the feeling at all.

Furthermore his voice is much much much more in the foreground and not overlayered by the electronic choir. And he transfers so much through his pure voice for me!

And this edit sounds "fuller", the album version seemed very "thin" in the beginning, especially the radio-recording from Joe Whiley.

I like the strings in the background, too.

On the other hand (two of the) strongest parts of the song weren't changed or cutted (sometimes exactly that parts are cutted when a song is shortened :sneaky2:): the Latin part and the Adam+Eve part.

I'm not sure about the "love, love, love" in the chorus, though. Actually that is one of my favorite parts, too, and I wished for a version like in Estonia. But now I'm not so sure. Maybe a bit to annoying? But probably it's only a question of a couple of listenings.

So, overall, a lot of positive changes and no possible serious bad changes. And I didn't have the feeling it sounded "wrong" while listening for the first time - I have that feeling very often when I've listened to a song a lot of times before, the old version sounds "right" and the new one "wrong" and I need some accustom-time.

But there is one thing that I like more of the album version: that one has more of the "flying-feeling".

I hope we can hear / buy this version. Probably it will sound even better as it's thinner and you can't here the layers that good in radio-recordings.

so it's the third version we have since July:

- The origin of love (Jo whiley show Version - Slighty different than the album version)

Is it really different? Or is it only an effect of the bad sound-quality?

But we have another version, too: the version of the shortfilm.

it was the same thing with celebration. The single was different from the version that BBC broadcasted.

Talking about that, do we have an original version of the Celebrate Radio Version somewhere or only the radio recording? I would love to hear it in good quality!

Is it really different? Or is it only an effect of the bad sound-quality?

really different, between the acoustic version from the bonus CD and the album version. the drum is different during the "madre deus" bridge, and some other slighty things

Talking about that, do we have an original version of the Celebrate Radio Version somewhere or only the radio recording? I would love to hear it in good quality!

I've tried to find it, but in my opinion it's a special version for BBC, I've never heard it anywhere else. we just have the radio recording for the moment, but I don't despair of finding a promo version.

I really love this song and the radio edit version is very good. I was pleased to hear Celebrate or Underwater on the radio, but if I head TOOL, I would become hysterical :wub2:

It is so different from the pop songs we can hear at the moment and could do very well, especially in UK, if it was played on the radio.

Thanks to DerMoment for your analysis: I agree with it. The rythm seems a little bit faster and gives a lighter tone to the song: PERFECT FOR THE RADIO!

Thanks for sharing ! :huglove:

To be honest, even if I adore that song, I wondered how it could suits the radio, but they made very good work with the edit ! :thumb_yello:

It suits perfectly for radio, and it's very nice to listen. Maybe this version is more easily catchy for a no Mika fan than the album one.

I really like it :wub2: Especially the fact we hear more his voice.

Hope this version will release as the 3rd single in France in a few months, I'm sure it would work !

not sure what i think of the new version... well, personally i like it to hear different versions of mika's songs (as long as it's not some techno remixes :teehee:), i'm just not sure whether it's a better choice for the radio than the album version. :dunno: but i just listened to it once, maybe i'm just too used to the album version. whatever, i think it'd be great to be able to buy this version of the song - same with the radio version of celebrate, but unfortunately that never was available to buy, they put some awful techno remixes on the (digital) single instead! :aah: it's a shame, by offering those radio versions as a download track on itunes or amazon, they could get fans to buy it... those fans who aren't crazy enough (like me :teehee:) to buy exactly the same song twice to support mika, just because it's called "single" now, but who are fan enough to buy a different version of the same song, if they like it. which would be a lot more people, i think. :wink2: i definitely liked the radio version of celebrate more than the album version, would've loved to buy it. :dunno:

Hope this version will release as the 3rd single in France in a few months, I'm sure it would work !

I don't think so, just because of the cover are the same for two different songs, I !! I wonder if universal france choose one of the french song (I hope) as the 3rd, it make sense isn't it?

I don't think so, just because of the cover are the same for two different songs, I !! I wonder if universal france choose one of the french song (I hope) as the 3rd, it make sense isn't it?

They can choose another cover, can't they ?

I love it :wub2:

It's perfect :thumb_yello:

I hope this will be the third single from the album in France !

It'd be nice for it to be actually released as the second single here first!:mf_rosetinted:

It's a shame the cover in the UK is wrong.. it says "The Origin of Love" when it should just be "Origin of Love" as it is on the album :P

It's not actually available though. I think that was a promo copy.