Happy Mikaful 2013 to you sweetie :woot_jump:

And a fantastic 2013 to you too!! :wink2:

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If someone was good with photoshop, they could really make something interesting out of those two... :naughty:

:mf_rosetinted:

I'd do it but besides mypaint isntworking so well i dont wanna spend the night in the cold dungeonsof the NC...:naughty:

• 2 months later...
I have no idea if this has been posted yet, but I hadn't seen it before. So sorry if it's a double post, but it's cute.

4YPfrGW4Oq0

I can't believe Mika and his band don't know the lyrics to these Christmas songs. What kind of childhood do they have in Britain? :naughty:

I can't believe Mika and his band don't know the lyrics to these Christmas songs. What kind of childhood do they have in Britain? :naughty:

A childhood in which the American Christmas tradition with Santa and slutty pop songs is a bit less prominent, I suppose. It sure was in my childhood, wich was around the same time, and less than 400 km away.

Given his upbringing, he probably knows the lyrics of some more oldfashioned/religious Christmas songs, but he might have felt that Adeste Fideles was not the way to go :mf_rosetinted:

A childhood in which the American Christmas tradition with Santa and slutty pop songs is a bit less prominent, I suppose. It sure was in my childhood, wich was around the same time, and less than 400 km away.

Given his upbringing, he probably knows the lyrics of some more oldfashioned/religious Christmas songs, but he might have felt that Adeste Fideles was not the way to go :mf_rosetinted:

There was no such thing as slutty pop songs in my childhood but I still knew the words to Santa Claus is Coming to Town. :naughty: Since his parents are American I would have expected that would be part of his upbringing but maybe there was way more focus on Christmas music in schools in the 1970s in any country than there was in the 80s and 90s. I doubt anyone is singing Christmas songs in Canadian public schools in 2013, that's for sure.

There was no such thing as slutty pop songs in my childhood but I still knew the words to Santa Claus is Coming to Town. :naughty: Since his parents are American I would have expected that would be part of his upbringing but maybe there was way more focus on Christmas music in schools in the 1970s in any country than there was in the 80s and 90s. I doubt anyone is singing Christmas songs in Canadian public schools in 2013, that's for sure.

You'd be surprised:thumb_yello:

You'd be surprised:thumb_yello:

Well not in Toronto. My friend teachers in public school here and they are not even allowed to mention "Christmas". Most of the population in her school are non Christian. Catholic schools are different obviously.

Well not in Toronto. My friend teachers in public school here and they are not even allowed to mention "Christmas". Most of the population in her school are non Christian. Catholic schools are different obviously.

Even though our public school are not catholic anymore, they still celebrate christmas

Seriously, how old are you? Although the words 'I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus last night' might not exactly be slutty, they don't quite capture the original meaning of Christmas either. And that song is from 1952. Although I am aware that Mika has fans over 70, I didn't know you were one of them :mf_rosetinted:

I recall us being ratger disappointed that he couldn't remember the lyrics for Let it snow :naughty:

He should have, but then again he never could :naughty:

Even though our public school are not catholic anymore, they still celebrate christmas

Last Christmas, my son was shocked to see (for the first time) a decorated Christmas tree on the ground of his University (in Montreal's old port area), considering that his school is prominently non christians.

Some of his friends who are non christians said they enjoyed the decorations just the same :dunno:

Seriously, how old are you? Although the words 'I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus last night' might not exactly be slutty, they don't quite capture the original meaning of Christmas either. And that song is from 1952. Although I am aware that Mika has fans over 70, I didn't know you were one of them :mf_rosetinted:

Err...I said there were not slutty pop songs in my childhood, not that all Christmas songs were about Jesus and a manger. :naughty: i think there's a huge difference between a boy singing about his mother kissing under the mistletoe (which is a Christmas tradition here, incidentally) and Britney Spears begging for a spanking or Nelly Furtado being proud of her promiscuity. :shocked:

This is my idea of a slutty pop song. :naughty:

[YOUTUBE]kIDWgqDBNXA[/YOUTUBE]

Err...I said there were not slutty pop songs in my childhood, not that all Christmas songs were about Jesus and a manger. :naughty: i think there's a huge difference between a boy singing about his mother kissing under the mistletoe (which is a Christmas tradition here, incidentally) and Britney Spears begging for a spanking or Nelly Furtado being proud of her promiscuity. :shocked:

I know, it's one of these traditions that are completely alien to me.

And oh, Christina Aguilera, brings me right back to the days that I was still following everything that happened in pop music (also called teenage years :naughty:)

This is my idea of a slutty pop song. :naughty:

[YOUTUBE]kIDWgqDBNXA[/YOUTUBE]

The bolded part made me chuckle:wink2:

Off to the NC I go :naughty:

• 3 years later...

I live in England and am 16 yrs old, and I can tell you that at Christmas at my first primary school, they played last Christmas on repeat for several hours so now I despite that song and all things Wham! lol. I don't really know the lyrics to any other Christmas songs. I used to play the Rudolph reindeer one on my saxophone but apart from that nothing. My second primary school was very religious and we sang more Christian type songs in the chapel we had on the school grounds. (Private school not all schools have chapels lol) In secondary school Christmas is less of a prominent aspect as it is significantly more mature than primary schools as it is from age 11-18 so the most Christmas celebration we have is watching a movie. There is also a lot of diversity in schools and some of the Jewish or Muslim etc would not be happy if our school was commandeered by a Christian holiday.

I am not saying that this is what school is like for all British people, because I have not spent Christmas at every school in the country, but this is what it was like at my schools.