MFC Brides!

nico_collard

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great! I think long drives are perfect, lots of talking and bonding.

The planning is going, but I need some advice actually,

Listen up ladies: I have picked that my bridesmaids wear a peachy coral colour, what colour shoe (except gold) could they wear that would either contrast nicely or compliment well?

:aah:

I'm with Mellody, I'd go for cream or ivory. But are they having flowers to carry? You could get shoes that picked up the flower colours rather than the dress.

And plenty of singing along to music too...

The complementary colour is teal (turquoise works too).

Some people suggested yellow anr orange.

Here are some suggestions:

http://www.groomsoldseparately.com/wedding-ideas-and-trends/wedding-boards/gss-wedding-inspiration-board-coral-and-navy-blue/

http://www.weddingsbylilly.com/coral-wedding-theme-ideas/

lovely to read how all of your plans are going. :wub2:

it's hard to say without seeing a picture of the dress... my dress for the civil wedding was a bright peach colour and i wore cream coloured shoes (that i also wore to the ivory wedding dress a few months later). but i guess if you say peachy coral, it's darker. so depending on whether it's more red or more orange, the contrasting colours would be shades of green or blue... but depending on the style of the dress and the shoes of course you have to be careful that the bridesmaids don't look like clowns, if you choose a contrast. my first idea when reading your post would have been gold or silver glitter shoes, something like this: http://www.begabay.de/ebay/6000erShopfotos/6274.jpg - but like i said, it's hard without seeing the colour and style of the dresses. :dunno:

I'm with Mellody, I'd go for cream or ivory. But are they having flowers to carry? You could get shoes that picked up the flower colours rather than the dress.

So man y beautiful combinations to choose from, once the dress is made I will upload a photo of my sister in it so you guys can see it properly!

awww this thread its so sweet!

I love romance... What's more romantic than a wedding :wub2:

Too bad that I'm only 17.5 :sneaky2:

:huglove: you're not thaaaaaaaat far away

Funnily enough I saw a coral coloured dress in the window of the local bridal shop and I immediately thought of you!

And mum has managed to organise a singer/organist. My sister isn't overly impressed but I figure it's only for the church and it's keeping mum happy, so :dunno:

Funnily enough I saw a coral coloured dress in the window of the local bridal shop and I immediately thought of you!

And mum has managed to organise a singer/organist. My sister isn't overly impressed but I figure it's only for the church and it's keeping mum happy, so :dunno:

I'm considering the coral and turquoise thing now, saw someone wearing a tshirt with both colours in it. But I'll see!

Happy mum = happy wedding :naughty:

I'm considering the coral and turquoise thing now, saw someone wearing a tshirt with both colours in it. But I'll see!

Happy mum = happy wedding :naughty:

I think the coral and turquoise will look great.

:naughty: Very true!

Well, yesterday was one month till my wedding (Saturday just gone was 5 weeks), and people keep asking me if I'm nervous yet... I wasn't until I just thought of it then :blink:

I think the coral and turquoise will look great.

:naughty: Very true!

Well, yesterday was one month till my wedding (Saturday just gone was 5 weeks), and people keep asking me if I'm nervous yet... I wasn't until I just thought of it then :blink:

Oh my gosh! Mine is 2 months and 12 days away and I'm already stressing internally:doh:

• 2 weeks later...
Oh my gosh! Mine is 2 months and 12 days away and I'm already stressing internally:doh:

Wow, not long to go at all!

I've got 16 days to go now. Have managed to get most of my stuff done, except for double checking stuff and asking people to do things for the wedding.

I seriously can't wait to have some time off from work though. I am sooooooo tired! :bed:

Wow, not long to go at all!

I've got 16 days to go now. Have managed to get most of my stuff done, except for double checking stuff and asking people to do things for the wedding.

I seriously can't wait to have some time off from work though. I am sooooooo tired! :bed:

I can imagine, I am a student and am busy with my final thesis. Wedding planning is killing me! I just want it to happen already.

I graduate 5 days before getting married. So there is a lot to look forward to:aah:

I can imagine, I am a student and am busy with my final thesis. Wedding planning is killing me! I just want it to happen already.

I graduate 5 days before getting married. So there is a lot to look forward to:aah:

I know what you mean about wanting the wedding to be here already.

:shocked:

Wow, you're going to be seriously stressed then. As long as you take some time between graduating and getting married to sit and relax, then you'll be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

And in exactly 5 weeks, I'll be eating breakfast with my new son-in-law, and the wedding will be over!

I've been quite busy this week with sewing for the wedding. I've added a net layer to the skirt of my dress because it was hanging limply and not showing itself off well. I'm not sure if I like the effect on me - I look as though I have size 20 hips!

I've designed and made the cuffs for the sleeves of Nell's wedding outfit, both sleeves are basted in place (but need a final fitting) most of the buttons I need have been covered and my husband has rigged up a way of banging the clips onto the back without spoiling the front. I think he's pleased to be involved as he hasn't shown any interest in planning his speech!

Her skirt needs the hem fixing, but again, I need her, in her wedding shoes, to get it right. I have no idea of the easiest way to do a floor length hem, but I expect YouTube to come to my aid once more.

My main problem is designing a collar. I've given up with all three attempts, put my machine away for a week and will do some deep thinking about it . . . I feel I need to have something workable by the end of November.

• 1 month later...
I've been quite busy this week with sewing for the wedding. I've added a net layer to the skirt of my dress because it was hanging limply and not showing itself off well. I'm not sure if I like the effect on me - I look as though I have size 20 hips!

I've designed and made the cuffs for the sleeves of Nell's wedding outfit, both sleeves are basted in place (but need a final fitting) most of the buttons I need have been covered and my husband has rigged up a way of banging the clips onto the back without spoiling the front. I think he's pleased to be involved as he hasn't shown any interest in planning his speech!

Her skirt needs the hem fixing, but again, I need her, in her wedding shoes, to get it right. I have no idea of the easiest way to do a floor length hem, but I expect YouTube to come to my aid once more.

My main problem is designing a collar. I've given up with all three attempts, put my machine away for a week and will do some deep thinking about it . . . I feel I need to have something workable by the end of November.

Isn't the wedding coming up soon now?

Mine is in exactly 12 days!:shocked:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I'm back!

I've been a little bit slack in visiting, cause I've been back at school for 3 weeks :blush-anim-cl:

So, the wedding went pretty well and had a great time at the reception catching up with people. My sister got very stressed while doing my hair earlier in the day and threw a big tantrum and stormed out of the salon so that wasn't fun, but she was totally okay afterwards. Also mum... ahem... misplaced my wedding band in the car and only found it just before I got to the church. One of my brothers in law got very drunk and started complaining to the bar staff because they said to go outside and have some water for 20 minutes or so, and ended up in a fight outside the reception and called his father (my father in law) a very nasty name. He ended up getting taken home by the police and we haven't seen or spoken to him since. Other than that it was all great!

Anyways, here's some pics from the wedding (I got these from FB, but have stacks more on a disc at home):

1441360_603606479674943_486019239_n.jpg

945471_603606559674935_504812658_n.jpg

1391942_603606493008275_419106367_n.jpg

537339_603606489674942_662550463_n.jpg

1454844_603606526341605_354882696_n.jpg

996033_603606579674933_364377514_n.jpg

996938_603606546341603_1431138444_n.jpg

1455195_603606593008265_1875614342_n.jpg

935577_603606609674930_403584658_n.jpg

1453342_603606663008258_567598743_n.jpg

1459885_603606729674918_821419191_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so surprised this thread has gone quiet, but I'm partly to blame. I haven't visited MFC for weeks!

Firstly, let me say I love your wedding photos. Look at you with all that blue sky and the sun shining on your special day. :huglove: It sounds quite eventful too. :fisch:

But the important thing is that you are now married and you have wonderful pictures to remind you as well as great memories. And it wouldn't be a true family wedding if there weren't a few family events!

My daughter's day was fabulous too. The outfit was finished in time, which isn't to say that I don't wish I'd spent longer on setting the sleeves and that I'd taken the iron to the collar on the morning, but it wasn't that sort of a perfectionist's event. The near-disaster was that her other half forget to pack his trousers so she made a 4 hour round trip the evening before to get them! And the weather forecast was truly dreadful on the day. Wild wind and heavy storms sweeping in by lunchtime. But for some reason we did photos in slightly sunny daylight and were all safely in the reception venue by the time the storm came - and it really was awful.

I'll write more later and try to remember how to post photos - I presume it's still a lengthy procedure?

Congratulations x

• 2 weeks later...
I'm so surprised this thread has gone quiet, but I'm partly to blame. I haven't visited MFC for weeks!

Firstly, let me say I love your wedding photos. Look at you with all that blue sky and the sun shining on your special day. :huglove: It sounds quite eventful too. :fisch:

But the important thing is that you are now married and you have wonderful pictures to remind you as well as great memories. And it wouldn't be a true family wedding if there weren't a few family events!

Thank you!

We were lucky, it rained a fair bit the night before, but it seemed to come good eventually. A few family members even said how they thought it was a really enjoyable wedding so I guess that's good for me!

My daughter's day was fabulous too. The outfit was finished in time, which isn't to say that I don't wish I'd spent longer on setting the sleeves and that I'd taken the iron to the collar on the morning, but it wasn't that sort of a perfectionist's event. The near-disaster was that her other half forget to pack his trousers so she made a 4 hour round trip the evening before to get them! And the weather forecast was truly dreadful on the day. Wild wind and heavy storms sweeping in by lunchtime. But for some reason we did photos in slightly sunny daylight and were all safely in the reception venue by the time the storm came - and it really was awful.

I'll write more later and try to remember how to post photos - I presume it's still a lengthy procedure?

Congratulations x

Glad to hear your daughter's wedding went off well! And lucky the photos were done before the storm!

I only found it lengthy cause I had to copy the address for each photo.