MFC Brides!

nico_collard

thanks silver. :wub2:

we finally found our party-location, a restaurant/guest house about 50km outside of munich, more or less in the middle between my hometown and hubby's hometown. so our friends & relatives will have the same distance to drive. only bad thing is that it can only be reached by car and has only 7 guest rooms, so we might have to organize something for those who don't have a car or want to drink something. the house is located on a hill in the countryside, basically in the middle of nowhere, but with meadows and fields and trees and a stunning view, just like i wanted it. :wub2: and it has a lovely little rose garden - unfortunately on the other side of the building, so you have either rose garden OR view from the hill, not both at the same time... but i guess for the photos it's perfect to have both options. :original: inside it's is beautiful too, a big room with a high ceiling, bright wood, parquet floor, and a small stage for the band. i would've been alright with a DJ but hubby wants a band... and there's our next problem. :rolls_eyes: we have a pre-booking at the location for june 8, but the band we wanted doesn't have time that day. so now we either have to find a different band or a different day. that's what we're working on atm. :wink2:

what about the rest of you, do you already have a band or DJ for your wedding party? or will it just be a dinner, without music/dancing? is it also common outside of germany that the bridal couple does the first dance, traditionally a waltz? here it's like that, and the next waltz is for the bride and her father and the groom and his mother, and then the rest of the guests join in. :wink2: that's why the bridal couple usually takes dancing lessons before the wedding, there are even special wedding dancing courses... luckily hubby and me don't need that, as we've both had dancing lessons for years already. :teehee:

That place sounds lovely!

I don't know if this would be possible, but my cousin got married about an hour away from where we live and she ended up hiring a couple of buses for people to go in so they could have a few drinks and not worry about their cars. Maybe you could see who would be interested in getting a bus and maybe get a quote from a local bus company :dunno:

We're definitely doing music but we're a bit undecided at the moment as to whether we go with an iPod/DJ or a band. I think Derek wants a band. Then again, I'm not 100% sure there's going to be room for a band as well as a dance floor. We'll be able to see how much room there is this week, as we're going to a Scottish function there on Friday (we've both been in the room before, but I can't remember how big it is! :doh:).

In Oz, the bride and groom get up and dance for one song, then the rest of the bridal party and the parents get up, then the rest of the guests join in. Some people do dance lessons for the bridal waltz, but some don't. It's all a matter of preference.

This is a lovely idea for a thread Tegan.

Can I join in because my daughter is getting married in December 2013?

I've just had my 35th anniversary, but my daughter is picking a few of my decisions and using them for her own wedding.

(Also, the first Mika gig I went to was with Nell, so there is an MFC link; we met up with some MFCers on the night)

And it was an MFCer (MikaMad) who helped me through a decision Nell made about University and now, her wedding will be in MM's home town!

Of course, the more the merrier!

Has your daughter made any decisions for the wedding yet?

At the moment I'm trying to get flowers organised. I'm going with a local girl that does artificial flowers and I'm just waiting for a quote from her.

I've also decided on wedding favours, the cake (though the woman that I want to do the cake isn't taking orders until April :aah:), I've made a deposit for the honeymoon and we're going to properly look at dresses in the next week or two!

For the honeymoon, we're going to a place called Bargara, which is near a city called Bundaberg. Bundaberg has a rum factory there and Derek wants to go there, so we're having our honeymoon there. We managed to rent a house there for $700 a week, which is pretty good considering some of the houses we looked at were over $1000. It's near the beachso we'll probably be spending a fair bit of time there. I've also been looking into some stuff we can do together and I'm thinking snorkelling, as Bargara is near the southern part of the Great Barrier Reef. There's a company that does day trips from a town called 1770 (yes, that's actually it's name) to a nearby island and you can get a glass bottom boat to the island and wander around or you can go snorkelling or scuba diving. Just need to convince the boy that it's a good idea!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, the more the merrier!

Has your daughter made any decisions for the wedding yet?

I had a phone call from a relative to say they'd had a 'keep the date free' card from her. So we have a date and a time, a venue for the wedding and the reception and the skirt part of her outfit. Oh, and a general theme - winter feast/warm & cosy/ candlelit.

I'm actually on the MFC atm to research French weddings for my French homework. Apparently, the photographer tows a contraption behind his car which opens out to make 4 or 5 levels and onto which the wedding party clamber. I'd love a photo of one but my search skills on google.fr aren't finding anything. So I'll go and ask in the French speaking thread. . . .

That place sounds lovely!

I don't know if this would be possible, but my cousin got married about an hour away from where we live and she ended up hiring a couple of buses for people to go in so they could have a few drinks and not worry about their cars. Maybe you could see who would be interested in getting a bus and maybe get a quote from a local bus company :dunno:

thanks! :thumb_yello: yes, we'll just see first whether we can organize it in a different way, but if not enough guests can or want to come by car, we'll probably have to look for buses. it's just that our relatives are coming from 3 different cities/towns and hubby's friends are spread all over the countryside, so it'd be a bit too complicated to pick everyone up and drop them off again. but i found out meanwhile that there's a train station not too far away from the location - too far to walk, but we should manage to have guests picked up from there. problem is again that they'd have to stay overnight because of course in the middle of nowhere trains aren't running anymore after midnight. :rolls_eyes: but if we can get some sort of shuttle service into that small town where the station is, there are more guest houses and hotels where everyone could stay, and then take the train or the car back the next day. :original:

i find it interesting that you want artificial flowers for your wedding, why's that? i guess if i lived in australia, i'd want frangipani and hibiscus flowers all over the place. :wub2: though hibiscus might not stay fresh long enough... but actually i'm somewhat sad that i can't get frangipani here in germany, i love those, and they smell so awesome! :wub2: as a table decoration, i'd have glasses with coloured water and frangipani swimming in them, and i'd love to have those flowers in my bouquet as well. ok, dream on... :teehee: but i guess it's not unusual to want something exotic, which is special because you don't see it every day in your usual environment. still, i never would go for artificial ones instead, not only are they quite expensive, but the smell is half of what makes a flower special to me. :wink2:

I had a phone call from a relative to say they'd had a 'keep the date free' card from her. So we have a date and a time, a venue for the wedding and the reception and the skirt part of her outfit. Oh, and a general theme - winter feast/warm & cosy/ candlelit.

I'm actually on the MFC atm to research French weddings for my French homework. Apparently, the photographer tows a contraption behind his car which opens out to make 4 or 5 levels and onto which the wedding party clamber. I'd love a photo of one but my search skills on google.fr aren't finding anything. So I'll go and ask in the French speaking thread. . . .

Nice!

And researching French Weddings... sounds very hard :teehee: And that contraption sounds kinds sorta awesome!

We might be having our photos here:

new-south-wales.jpg

Autumn%20By%20The%20Lake-%20Lake%20Canobolas,%20Orange%20NSW.jpg

Then again, we're going to have a look at the garden of a man that used to be in state parliament, so I think we'll have to decide which one we like better.

thanks! :thumb_yello: yes, we'll just see first whether we can organize it in a different way, but if not enough guests can or want to come by car, we'll probably have to look for buses. it's just that our relatives are coming from 3 different cities/towns and hubby's friends are spread all over the countryside, so it'd be a bit too complicated to pick everyone up and drop them off again. but i found out meanwhile that there's a train station not too far away from the location - too far to walk, but we should manage to have guests picked up from there. problem is again that they'd have to stay overnight because of course in the middle of nowhere trains aren't running anymore after midnight. :rolls_eyes: but if we can get some sort of shuttle service into that small town where the station is, there are more guest houses and hotels where everyone could stay, and then take the train or the car back the next day. :original:

That sounds pretty good actually. Lucky there's more accommodation in the small town! I you should try to encourage people to stay in the town. Maybe you can speak with the guest houses and/or hotels and see if you can get some sort of deal for a bulk booking :dunno:

i find it interesting that you want artificial flowers for your wedding, why's that? i guess if i lived in australia, i'd want frangipani and hibiscus flowers all over the place. :wub2: though hibiscus might not stay fresh long enough... but actually i'm somewhat sad that i can't get frangipani here in germany, i love those, and they smell so awesome! :wub2: as a table decoration, i'd have glasses with coloured water and frangipani swimming in them, and i'd love to have those flowers in my bouquet as well. ok, dream on... :teehee: but i guess it's not unusual to want something exotic, which is special because you don't see it every day in your usual environment. still, i never would go for artificial ones instead, not only are they quite expensive, but the smell is half of what makes a flower special to me. :wink2:

The way I see it is, they'll last longer (though if my Grandmother waters them they might not! :lmfao:) and they look pretty lifelike. That and I want to be able to keep them forever and not have to dry or press them :biggrin2:

Hibiscus flowers would be nice, but I imagine to get them shipped in to where I live would cost a bit of money... and I try to avoid frangipani flowers. Years ago I remember seeing all these girls putting frangipani stickers all over their cars and I was sick of seeing them everywhere!

I'm still waiting for a quote on the flowers so if they cost a lot more than real ones than I'll just go with real ones. I'm looking at purple, pink and cream roses for my bouquet and purple and pink roses for the bridesmaids so if needs be I should be able to get real ones...

Haha Karin sent me here... so hello!

Got married this saturday :) was nice!

Hey there! Congrats!

Feel free to share ideas with us... certain people (ie, me!) are still a bit clueless about what they want :naughty:

Haha Karin sent me here... so hello!

Got married this saturday :) was nice!

Congratulations :)

Nell's wedding party is creeping above 80, but the venue for the meal is free and the food is 'affordable' (and also, she and her bf are paying most of that bill.)

She isn't having flowers - I didn't have a bouquet but the men had buttonholes the same (red) colour as my dress. I plan to drape long tendrils of ivy through her hair, but she's not so keen :shocked:

The only problem so far is that she doesn't want to have any guests that she doesn't know; she doesn't want to be introduced on the day, yet she has 3 cousins all of whom have long term partners that she hasn't met. Initially she was being very strict and said she wouldn't invite the partners, but she's relented, so that's 3 more. (And, hopefully, she'll meet them before the big day!)

Also the venue isn't nearby - not where we live, not where her friends live and not even near where they live; in her words 'it's equally inconvenient for everyone!' So she's booked a 3pm wedding so that people can travel there on the day.

The other thing is that she'd like snow or frost please. And that's going to be tricky. . .

Thanks!

I personaly wanted a small wedding... we had only about 30 people.

I just decided on a color scheme and made all the decorations myself :)

Ooooh cool!

Where did you end up getting married? What sort of decorations did you make?

I want to know all the gory details!

Congratulations :)

Nell's wedding party is creeping above 80, but the venue for the meal is free and the food is 'affordable' (and also, she and her bf are paying most of that bill.)

She isn't having flowers - I didn't have a bouquet but the men had buttonholes the same (red) colour as my dress. I plan to drape long tendrils of ivy through her hair, but she's not so keen :shocked:

80 :naughty:

Mine's sitting around 118 at the moment. I did have 136 and that was including MFC people, but I've had to cut back. It was going to cost over $5200 for the reception! :shocked: Having said that, I did work out that it would cost over $7000 for the reception at one vineyard, and $1800 just for room hire at another.

I'ver never heard of a bride not having flowers. Any reason why?

The only problem so far is that she doesn't want to have any guests that she doesn't know; she doesn't want to be introduced on the day, yet she has 3 cousins all of whom have long term partners that she hasn't met. Initially she was being very strict and said she wouldn't invite the partners, but she's relented, so that's 3 more. (And, hopefully, she'll meet them before the big day!)

Also the venue isn't nearby - not where we live, not where her friends live and not even near where they live; in her words 'it's equally inconvenient for everyone!' So she's booked a 3pm wedding so that people can travel there on the day.

The other thing is that she'd like snow or frost please. And that's going to be tricky. . .

I would hope she does get to meet them! I've met all of my cousins' partners so that isn't an issue with me. Does your daughter have friends/family with kids?

:naughty: at least it's inconvenient for everyone! How far away is it?

The guest list wasn't supposed to be this big. Nell's fiancé has a tiny family but Nell grew up with close contact with all her cousins and so wants them (but not 2nd cousins) There won't be any children because there are only 2 (my son should have his second by the wedding!) but they aren't bringing them. And she has friends from growing up here, friends from Uni and friends from the army where she works now.

Ooooh cool!

Mine's sitting around 118 at the moment. I did have 136 and that was including MFC people, but I've had to cut back. It was going to cost over $5200 for the reception! :shocked: Having said that, I did work out that it would cost over $7000 for the reception at one vineyard, and $1800 just for room hire at another.

I'ver never heard of a bride not having flowers. Any reason why?

I would hope she does get to meet them! I've met all of my cousins' partners so that isn't an issue with me. Does your daughter have friends/family with kids?

:naughty: at least it's inconvenient for everyone! How far away is it?

Well, I didn't have flowers because I'd read a book called Divine Rights Trip where the girl interlocked fingers with her boy. I thought that was so romantic and it would seem that Nell has been more affected by my choices than I'd realised.

When we stood together to be married we held hands like that and as we turned to face each other my right and his left hand kept hold. It was actually rather nice.

I haven't regretted many of the decisions I made. If I had my time again . . . I wouldn't let my dad invite his cousins (although I gave in because he was footing the bill,) I wouldn't have believed the venue when they said there would be plenty of food from the main buffet for the evening guests and I would have had a fringe, but I didn't know it would suit me till several years later! :wink2:

I've not looked at the actual distance but it's a two hour journey on the motorway for us, nearly as long for Nell, herself, 3+ for my sisters in Lincolnshire and Sussex, a bit less for his family and a heck of a long way for my son in Germany!

Edit: Distance is 157 miles (253 km)

Edited by Ruth

I was looking at your photos this morning on FB. I love the tables and the colour scheme. Absolutely beautiful :)

The way I see it is, they'll last longer (though if my Grandmother waters them they might not! :lmfao:) and they look pretty lifelike. That and I want to be able to keep them forever and not have to dry or press them :biggrin2:

Hibiscus flowers would be nice, but I imagine to get them shipped in to where I live would cost a bit of money... and I try to avoid frangipani flowers. Years ago I remember seeing all these girls putting frangipani stickers all over their cars and I was sick of seeing them everywhere!

I'm still waiting for a quote on the flowers so if they cost a lot more than real ones than I'll just go with real ones. I'm looking at purple, pink and cream roses for my bouquet and purple and pink roses for the bridesmaids so if needs be I should be able to get real ones...

a few years ago i've been looking for artificial palm trees for a friend who wanted a plant in a dark corner of his flat, and i can assure you that they are MUCH more expensive than real ones! :aah: especially if they're supposed to look natural and not like cheap plastic. iirc it was starting at about 100 or 150 euro, whereas you can get a similar real plant for 10 or 20 euro. but maybe that's just a problem with bigger plants and is different for flower bouquets. :dunno: anyway, i hope you'll find what you're looking for! :thumb_yello:

Thanks!

i saw the pix on your facebook, loved the music sheet roses in your bouquet! :wub2: so you made those yourself?? wow!

lol, we already thought 100 was much! :aah::teehee: but then, we both come from big families with lots of uncles, aunts and cousins - and of course we want to invite all our friends too... anyway, we thought 100 was a nice round figure, and after writing down everyone's names, we noticed that this was the most realistic number as well. :wink2: i guess though if you invite 100, it doesn't mean that 100 will be there, guess it'll probably end up being something between 80-90. :dunno:

The guest list wasn't supposed to be this big. Nell's fiancé has a tiny family but Nell grew up with close contact with all her cousins and so wants them (but not 2nd cousins) There won't be any children because there are only 2 (my son should have his second by the wedding!) but they aren't bringing them. And she has friends from growing up here, friends from Uni and friends from the army where she works now.

Well, I didn't have flowers because I'd read a book called Divine Rights Trip where the girl interlocked fingers with her boy. I thought that was so romantic and it would seem that Nell has been more affected by my choices than I'd realised.

When we stood together to be married we held hands like that and as we turned to face each other my right and his left hand kept hold. It was actually rather nice.

I haven't regretted many of the decisions I made. If I had my time again . . . I wouldn't let my dad invite his cousins (although I gave in because he was footing the bill,) I wouldn't have believed the venue when they said there would be plenty of food from the main buffet for the evening guests and I would have had a fringe, but I didn't know it would suit me till several years later! :wink2:

I've not looked at the actual distance but it's a two hour journey on the motorway for us, nearly as long for Nell, herself, 3+ for my sisters in Lincolnshire and Sussex, a bit less for his family and a heck of a long way for my son in Germany!

Edit: Distance is 157 miles (253 km)

I'm only inviting 1st cousins as well. No 2nd cousins (my cousin's kids or my parent's cousins) as there's too many of them. Same with the great aunts and uncles (though my great aunt was hinting at an invite on Friday night). I'm not inviting that many friends. There's 4 from school and 3 from uni (plus 2 friends have husbands).

That's really sweet about the holding hands bit.

Right... so the distance to get to the wedding is the same as from Orange to Sydney... That's a fair drive!

a few years ago i've been looking for artificial palm trees for a friend who wanted a plant in a dark corner of his flat, and i can assure you that they are MUCH more expensive than real ones! :aah: especially if they're supposed to look natural and not like cheap plastic. iirc it was starting at about 100 or 150 euro, whereas you can get a similar real plant for 10 or 20 euro. but maybe that's just a problem with bigger plants and is different for flower bouquets. :dunno: anyway, i hope you'll find what you're looking for! :thumb_yello:

lol, we already thought 100 was much! :aah::teehee: but then, we both come from big families with lots of uncles, aunts and cousins - and of course we want to invite all our friends too... anyway, we thought 100 was a nice round figure, and after writing down everyone's names, we noticed that this was the most realistic number as well. :wink2: i guess though if you invite 100, it doesn't mean that 100 will be there, guess it'll probably end up being something between 80-90. :dunno:

I got the quote late last week and it ended up being $430 (about 332 euro). That was for my bouquet, one to throw, 2 of hte bridesmaids flowers, the groom's and groomsmen's buttonholes, plus buttonholes/corsages for our parents (I still need to add one more bouquet and buttonhole so that takes it up to about $525/405.43 euro). It helps that the woman that does them lives in town so I don't have to pay for freight. I want to get an estimate on real flowers and compare them to see what's cheaper.

Oh, you definitely have to keep in mind that not everyone will come, but at the same time be prepared to pay for everyone. I'm almost certain that half of Derek's father's family won't be there as they live in Queensland (they won't come down here for stuff but Derek's parents will go up there for a 50th over the weekend... anyways).

Ooooh, and I found out over the weekend that the lady that does cake decorating (who happens to be married to someone I work with) is now taking orders for the rest of the year! :kachinga: Hopefully she's not booked yet. And I really need to speak with my friend about the invites.

• 1 month later...

Hello girls ! :huglove:

Haven't posted here since a while :teehee:

Congrats to Sivan for your wedding :huglove:

Happy to read that your preparations are going on :thumb_yello:

For me it's the same : we'll get married at the City Hall of St-Malo (where we live), then we'll go the my small hometown church, at about 15km and the cocktail and diner will be very close, at about 10 minutes. It's here : http://location-salle-st-malo.com/page-titre-Receptions_privees-cid-1.html

It's a very typical house from Brittany, where we live.

And I just bought my weeding dress yesterday ! And oh my god, I love it :wub2: I wanted it to be fluffy but with no train, and a style like a ballerina. And I found her :wub2:

If you want to see some pics, here I am with her :wub2: I am sooo happy !

dsc07310.jpg

dsc07311.jpg

dsc07312.jpg

dsc07313.jpg

dsc07314.jpg

dsc07315.jpg

dsc07316.jpg

And I just bought my weeding dress yesterday ! And oh my god, I love it :wub2: I wanted it to be fluffy but with no train, and a style like a ballerina. And I found her :wub2:

dsc07310.jpg

dsc07311.jpg

dsc07312.jpg

dsc07313.jpg

dsc07314.jpg

dsc07315.jpg

dsc07316.jpg

Glad you found your dream dress, Deb! It's stunning :wub2:

For me it's the same : we'll get married at the City Hall of St-Malo (where we live), then we'll go the my small hometown church, at about 15km and the cocktail and diner will be very close, at about 10 minutes. It's here : http://location-salle-st-malo.com/page-titre-Receptions_privees-cid-1.html

And I just bought my wedding dress yesterday ! And oh my god, I love it :wub2: I wanted it to be fluffy but with no train, and a style like a ballerina. And I found her :wub2:

Your dress is fabulous and you look gorgeous in it.

Is the cocktail le vin d'honneur?

The venue for the dinner looks beautiful too. Will le futur marié wear la jaquette et un chapeau haut de forme?

And, will you have l'enterrement de vie de jeune fille?

Haven't posted here since a while :teehee:

Congrats to Sivan for your wedding :huglove:

dsc07310.jpg

dsc07311.jpg

dsc07312.jpg

dsc07313.jpg

dsc07314.jpg

dsc07315.jpg

dsc07316.jpg

Awwww, that dress is so pretty!

I don't have time to post a pic or two of what sort of dress I ended up getting, but when I'm not so busy with computers I'll be sure to share!

aww deb i love your dress! :wub2: i tried on a very similar one (regarding the cut) which i almost bought, but it was pale pink, that's what kept me from buying it in the end. i definitely prefer a white/ivory dress. since my main requirement was "fluffy" and i didn't really care whether it had a train or not, i had no problems finding another dress. :original:

while we still don't have a band (the one we had pre-booked cancelled last week! :aah:), we had a look at the church near our party-location this week. we love it! :wub2: it's on a hill as well (like the location), so you have a stunning view. and the church inside is also really beautiful, lots of white and gold, which also will be 2 of our main colours for the decoration. so of course we booked our wedding date there immidiately. :biggrin2: this is the church: http://www.pfarrverband-dorfen.de/pfarrkirchedorfen/

aww deb i love your dress! :wub2: i tried on a very similar one (regarding the cut) which i almost bought, but it was pale pink, that's what kept me from buying it in the end. i definitely prefer a white/ivory dress. since my main requirement was "fluffy" and i didn't really care whether it had a train or not, i had no problems finding another dress. :original:

while we still don't have a band (the one we had pre-booked cancelled last week! :aah:), we had a look at the church near our party-location this week. we love it! :wub2: it's on a hill as well (like the location), so you have a stunning view. and the church inside is also really beautiful, lots of white and gold, which also will be 2 of our main colours for the decoration. so of course we booked our wedding date there immidiately. :biggrin2: this is the church: http://www.pfarrverband-dorfen.de/pfarrkirchedorfen/

Awwww, that church is so pretty!

Since I last posted (in February I mean) I've done the following:

# decided on the style of my dress and 2 of my bridesmaids

# ordered and paid for the cake

# ordered and paid for the flowers

# ordered, paid for and received the wedding favours

# ordered, paid for and received some numbers for the tables

# completely decided on the table decorations (and ordered some pieces of mirror for it)

# Worked out when H2B and I will do this pre wedding course

# got some wooden branches with battery operated fairy lights. We're using them for the seating chart. We're planning to look a bit like:

seating+card+wishing+tree.jpg

My dress is kinda sorta like:

1612-embroidered-lace-on-net-dress-by-bridal-by-mori-leealt5.jpg

1612-embroidered-lace-on-net-dress-by-bridal-by-mori-leealt6.jpg

I'm getting some capped sleeves made using the same kind of appliques as what's on the dress.

So yeah, I'm a little organised. :teehee:

Only thing worrying me at the moment is that my priest is sick at the moment :shocked: He was found unconscious by his niece a few weeks ago and he's been in hospital since. I'm thinking he won't be well enough by November, which means I'll either have to ask one of the priests here to do it or go with mum's suggestion which was to get the priest that married her and dad.

Edited by nico_collard

Karin, the church is magnificent.

Awwww, that church is so pretty!

Since I last posted (in February I mean) I've done the following:

# decided on the style of my dress and 2 of my bridesmaids

# ordered and paid for the cake

# ordered and paid for the flowers

# ordered, paid for and received the wedding favours

# ordered, paid for and received some numbers for the tables

# completely decided on the table decorations (and ordered some pieces of mirror for it)

# Worked out when H2B and I will do this pre wedding course

# got some wooden branches with battery operated fairy lights. We're using them for the seating chart. We're planning to look a bit like:

My dress is kinda sorta like:

1612-embroidered-lace-on-net-dress-by-bridal-by-mori-leealt5.jpg

I'm getting some capped sleeves made using the same kind of appliques as what's on the dress.

So yeah, I'm a little organised. :teehee:

Only thing worrying me at the moment is that my priest is sick at the moment :shocked: He was found unconscious by his niece a few weeks ago and he's been in hospital since. I'm thinking he won't be well enough by November, which means I'll either have to ask one of the priests here to do it or go with mum's suggestion which was to get the priest that married her and dad.

I hope your priest recovers.

I like the shape of your dress, very stylish :)

My daughter has nearly finished her hand-made invitations, but has gone to Afghanistan so she plans to finish them when she's on leave and get them posted in August. She sent 'save the date' cards out so everyone knows.

I've completely stopped with her dress because I need to do a fitting, sew some more and do another fitting. So we'll have to take the dress to where she lives while she's there. It still seems a long time off but she won't be home, properly, till October!

And I made a lovely cake for some friends so I'm going to make that for her day too.

Oh thank you girls for your messages :huglove: That's sweet of you :wub2:

Your dress is fabulous and you look gorgeous in it.

Is the cocktail le vin d'honneur?

The venue for the dinner looks beautiful too. Will le futur marié wear la jaquette et un chapeau haut de forme?

And, will you have l'enterrement de vie de jeune fille?

Oh I see you now all the French words for the wedding ! :teehee::thumb_yello:

To answer to you : I confirm the cocktail is the Vin d'honneur !

I don't know what will wear the "futur marié" ! I'm not allowed to know :teehee: He is in my sister-in-law's hands !

And of course, I'll party during my "enterrement de vie de jeune fille" my maids will organize ! Can't wait !! :thumb_yello:

Karin, I love your church, it is so cute and the view very nice !

Tegan, I love the idea of you seating chart : very classy and original in the same time ! :thumb_yello:

And your dress seems so pretty, can't wait to see you in it :wink2:

aww that's a cool idea, love it! :wub2: and the dress looks fab!

i'm done with trying out different designs for the invitation cards - now we only have to buy the stuff, make the cards and then we can send them out hopefully next week. :biggrin2: here's the designs i made, we've decided for the one in the front center:

einladungen_zps8e2a8845.jpg

i've used plain white paper for most of the trial designs, but our cards will be a pearly ivory, like the 2 in the front, left and center. as you can see in the designs, our main colours for all the wedding decoration, besides white/ivory, will be orange and gold, with touches of dark red, bright green and pearly dark pink. but we might use a different shade of orange, if we find one that matches better. there isn't a big choice of different shades of orange papers though. :aah:

Edited by mellody