MFC Brides!

nico_collard

aww that's a cool idea, love it! :wub2: and the dress looks fab!

i'm done with trying out different designs for the invitation cards - now we only have to buy the stuff, make the cards and then we can send them out hopefully next week. :biggrin2: here's the designs i made, we've decided for the one in the front center:

einladungen_zps8e2a8845.jpg

i've used plain white paper for most of the trial designs, but our cards will be a pearly ivory, like the 2 in the front, left and center. as you can see in the designs, our main colours for all the wedding decoration, besides white/ivory, will be orange and gold, with touches of dark red, bright green and pearly dark pink. but we might use a different shade of orange, if we find one that matches better. there isn't a big choice of different shades of orange papers though. :aah:

Interesting choice of colours...

I like the middle right one personally, but it's not my wedding :teehee:

I'm getting my friend to do the invites for me. She's a graphic designer and does wedding invites and stuff. I don't have any to show but once I do I'll post a pic.

I was quite annoyed with what my mum said about them though. There's going to be a tree on the front but my mum said "But Shannon had a tree on her invites"... As if I care what she thinks. To explain, Shannon's one of my cousins (and is the same age as me) and she got married at the end of last year. Basically since I got engaged she's been really weird around me and refuses to talk to me even though I've done nothing to her (she gave Derek a really dirty look for no reason, and he's certainly done nothing to her). I think she thinks I'm copying her, cause her father said to me "Why are you getting engaged now" when I told them about it.Then again, she's hardly talked to our other cousin as well and she's been in England for 2 years. :dunno:

Sorry for the rambling :blush-anim-cl:

You people are all so creative. :shocked:

*looks around for creative people*

Hope you're not suggesting I'm creative... :blink:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i like this thread, even if i've been married forever :teehee:

i have been designing a few wedding invitations and today, i put the finishing touch on a wine label for a couple getting married in June.

Their invitation was quite unique. They actually were high school sweetheart, went to the prom together, but then they split up.

They both married and divorced someone else. They ran into each other a few years back & are getting married.

The front of their wedding invitation is a picture of them at the prom in 1982 and inside, it says "At last" and they have a picture of what they look like now. Their wedding is very simple. They are inviting friends and family at their waterfront cottage for a day of fun in the sun

kinda cute! :blush-anim-cl:

Interesting choice of colours...

I like the middle right one personally, but it's not my wedding :teehee:

I'm getting my friend to do the invites for me. She's a graphic designer and does wedding invites and stuff. I don't have any to show but once I do I'll post a pic.

I was quite annoyed with what my mum said about them though. There's going to be a tree on the front but my mum said "But Shannon had a tree on her invites"... As if I care what she thinks. To explain, Shannon's one of my cousins (and is the same age as me) and she got married at the end of last year. Basically since I got engaged she's been really weird around me and refuses to talk to me even though I've done nothing to her (she gave Derek a really dirty look for no reason, and he's certainly done nothing to her). I think she thinks I'm copying her, cause her father said to me "Why are you getting engaged now" when I told them about it.Then again, she's hardly talked to our other cousin as well and she's been in England for 2 years. :dunno:

Sorry for the rambling :blush-anim-cl:

yeah well the colours... it was clear we'd use orange, since that's hubby's favourite colour. like everyone will see if they enter our living room. :lmfao: i wanted to have something glittery on the cards, and gold fits better to orange than silver. besides, i also prefer gold to silver. light green and dark red also go well with orange (although it's pretty hard to find any colours that go well with orange :aah:). the pink, well, guess we'll just use that for the one butterfly on the cards, since the paper is so pretty and we needed another colour for the 2nd butterfly. :teehee: i think it looks nice on the card. :original:

the card in the middle row on the right was the one i made right before the one we chose... but we didn't want to use that orange-pink paper for several reasons. it does look nice but there's too much pink in it for our taste (on the din a4 sheet there's one corner with some more orange, which i used for this card, but it's mostly light pink...) - and besides, this paper is quite expensive. :rolls_eyes:

don't worry too much about what the others say - it's YOUR wedding, so just tell them to shut up. :bleh::huglove:

i have been designing a few wedding invitations and today, i put the finishing touch on a wine label for a couple getting married in June.

Their invitation was quite unique. They actually were high school sweetheart, went to the prom together, but then they split up.

They both married and divorced someone else. They ran into each other a few years back & are getting married.

The front of their wedding invitation is a picture of them at the prom in 1982 and inside, it says "At last" and they have a picture of what they look like now. Their wedding is very simple. They are inviting friends and family at their waterfront cottage for a day of fun in the sun

i hope they didn't get divorced from their other partners *because* they met each other again! :teehee: but otherwise it's a really cute story. :wub2:

i hope they didn't get divorced from their other partners *because* they met each other again! :teehee: but otherwise it's a really cute story. :wub2:

:naughty: no, he'd been divorce for 10 years & she for 4 years ... no kids in both cases

Awwwww, that's sweet!

yeah well the colours... it was clear we'd use orange, since that's hubby's favourite colour. like everyone will see if they enter our living room. :lmfao: i wanted to have something glittery on the cards, and gold fits better to orange than silver. besides, i also prefer gold to silver. light green and dark red also go well with orange (although it's pretty hard to find any colours that go well with orange :aah:). the pink, well, guess we'll just use that for the one butterfly on the cards, since the paper is so pretty and we needed another colour for the 2nd butterfly. :teehee: i think it looks nice on the card. :original:

the card in the middle row on the right was the one i made right before the one we chose... but we didn't want to use that orange-pink paper for several reasons. it does look nice but there's too much pink in it for our taste (on the din a4 sheet there's one corner with some more orange, which i used for this card, but it's mostly light pink...) - and besides, this paper is quite expensive. :rolls_eyes:

don't worry too much about what the others say - it's YOUR wedding, so just tell them to shut up. :bleh::huglove:

Makes sense to me... I can understand not wanting too much pink (I'm using pink but I'm not even a big fan of the colour!)... And paper can be pretty expensive!

I've slightly changed my invites now... the tree has changed but I'm using a design that my friend had made randomly and I like. I had to point out to her that she can now use the tree for someone else that wants it. It was a pretty tree though. Again, when I have something to show, I'll post it :blush-anim-cl:

At the moment I don't have a lot to do for the wedding, cause most of it is organised. I'm going to see if I can get some of my great aunts and uncles invited but it all depends on who is coming out of Derek's family or not. I'll have to ask my sister if she asked a family member if she could do my makeup (she actually does it professionally) and see if my sister's boss person has us booked in for hair.

Hmmmm.... I should go eat something before I have to hand out the laptops to the kids at school :kachinga::woot_jump:

• 3 weeks later...

just over a month to go til our wedding, and we still have neither a band nor a photographer. :doh: guess i just need the thrill of all this last-minute stuff! :lmfao: we have offers from 3 bands tho, gonna decide for one of them in the next few days. :thumb_yello:

also probably this week we're gonna decide on the table decoration and flowers. luckily the shops in the countryside aren't in such a hurry like the ones in the city. when we asked them over a month ago, they said it's no problem if we just come 2-3 weeks in advance to tell them what we want. same with the wedding cake, they even said one week in advance. we won't wait *that* long, but it's very comforting to know that we don't have to hurry up with these things. :naughty:

at least we already bought one part of the guest presents this week, which will also be part of the decoration - we're lucky that they were on offer in our local supermarket just in time! :naughty: they're little paper-bags (made of special fire-resistant paper) in which you put a candle (tealight):

lpe_11_biglove_korridor.jpg

we'll have them in white, orange and yellow, and the hearts are a bit different than on this picture, but i'm sure it'll look lovely when the room is dark and all the paper bags glow. :wub2: we'll attach tags to them with the names of the guests, so they'll also serve as place cards. :biggrin2:

btw, about the frangipani flowers i wanted, we'll probably have them on the cake now (made from sugar or marzipan), instead of in the bouquet. much easier (and cheaper!). :teehee: we've basically decided what we want for the cake - i'm thinking now of making a little model from modelling clay, so we can make it clear to the confectioner too. :naughty: the couple on top of the cake is easy though, we found this one in an online-shop, and that's exactly the one we want. :fangurl:

tortenfigur-the-look-of-love.jpg

well, let's see when we'll do that. first up is the band, photographer, and decoration/flowers. we'll try to get appointments with the 2 possible flower shops on saturday, to tell them what we want so they can make us offers. and in 2 weeks we have an appointment with the priest, to set all the last details for the ceremony.

ah yes, and i still need to ask all my friends/relatives whether any of them has a convertible with which they could drive us the 10 minutes from the church to the party location... if not, we can still use my cousin's audi a4... but i'd just *love* a convertible, especially if the weather is nice! :naughty: we won't rent one tho, that's too expensive and it's not so important to us for those 10 minutes. :wink2:

just over a month to go til our wedding, and we still have neither a band nor a photographer. :doh: guess i just need the thrill of all this last-minute stuff! :lmfao: we have offers from 3 bands tho, gonna decide for one of them in the next few days. :thumb_yello:

also probably this week we're gonna decide on the table decoration and flowers. luckily the shops in the countryside aren't in such a hurry like the ones in the city. when we asked them over a month ago, they said it's no problem if we just come 2-3 weeks in advance to tell them what we want. same with the wedding cake, they even said one week in advance. we won't wait *that* long, but it's very comforting to know that we don't have to hurry up with these things. :naughty:

at least we already bought one part of the guest presents this week, which will also be part of the decoration - we're lucky that they were on offer in our local supermarket just in time! :naughty: they're little paper-bags (made of special fire-resistant paper) in which you put a candle (tealight):

lpe_11_biglove_korridor.jpg

we'll have them in white, orange and yellow, and the hearts are a bit different than on this picture, but i'm sure it'll look lovely when the room is dark and all the paper bags glow. :wub2: we'll attach tags to them with the names of the guests, so they'll also serve as place cards. :biggrin2:

btw, about the frangipani flowers i wanted, we'll probably have them on the cake now (made from sugar or marzipan), instead of in the bouquet. much easier (and cheaper!). :teehee: we've basically decided what we want for the cake - i'm thinking now of making a little model from modelling clay, so we can make it clear to the confectioner too. :naughty: the couple on top of the cake is easy though, we found this one in an online-shop, and that's exactly the one we want. :fangurl:

tortenfigur-the-look-of-love.jpg

well, let's see when we'll do that. first up is the band, photographer, and decoration/flowers. we'll try to get appointments with the 2 possible flower shops on saturday, to tell them what we want so they can make us offers. and in 2 weeks we have an appointment with the priest, to set all the last details for the ceremony.

ah yes, and i still need to ask all my friends/relatives whether any of them has a convertible with which they could drive us the 10 minutes from the church to the party location... if not, we can still use my cousin's audi a4... but i'd just *love* a convertible, especially if the weather is nice! :naughty: we won't rent one tho, that's too expensive and it's not so important to us for those 10 minutes. :wink2:

Wow, it's funny that you can leave it till so close to the wedding for some of that stuff. If I did that I wouldn't have a photographer, cake decorator or a florist...

Hopefully you can get your hands on a convertible. If your friends/family don't have one, maybe they know someone that does or there is someone around the church or reception that would be willing to lend it to you for a short amount of time. I know we did that with my brother's wedding. He wanted Ford XR6 turbos for his wedding cars (similar to the picture below).

cp4907702658946848348.jpg?height=290&aspect=centered&width=440

Cause none of our family had one Dad spoke with a lady at his work if we could use it, then we left a note on a car in town. We ended up giving the person a carton of beer for using their car and my brother washed it and vacuumed it to make it look good. It might be worth a try.

I haven't really done much lately, except that our priest is apparently recovering at home and talking pretty well. We'll still see if he thinks he'll be able to marry us and if not we'll ask someone else.

Wow, it's funny that you can leave it till so close to the wedding for some of that stuff. If I did that I wouldn't have a photographer, cake decorator or a florist...

yeah i'm also surprised... and i'm starting to get the impression that all this "you need to book a year in advance" stuff is just to generate a lot of demand and hurry when actually there isn't. :teehee: maybe we're just lucky to have chosen a date that not many others have (tho i don't know why june 8 wouldn't be a popular wedding date?) or to live in an area where there are so many photographers, cake decorators, florists etc. that there's more offer than demand. i don't know, but i've written to about 10 photographers over the weekend to ask whether they are still available on our wedding day, and already got 6 positive answers, only one rejection so far. :naughty: i guess if you want a certain photographer/florist etc., the booking way in advance makes sense to make sure you get that one... but in fact there are so many good ones to choose from that i don't mind at all if the choice is a little bit limited by not everyone being available. guess that's the hardest thing about the wedding planning, at least for me - all the decisions you have to make. because you will always just get something "fantastic", in different ways, but never something "perfect" - nothing is perfect (especially for a perfectionist like me :lmfao:), everything has its good and bad sides, and so it's really hard to choose. :rolls_eyes: in fact, i think i need the time pressure to actually make all those decisions.

thanks for the tip re. the car... we already thought we could look if there's an oldtimer meeting in the area, and just ask some people there... maybe we should do that. :teehee:

yeah i'm also surprised... and i'm starting to get the impression that all this "you need to book a year in advance" stuff is just to generate a lot of demand and hurry when actually there isn't. :teehee: maybe we're just lucky to have chosen a date that not many others have (tho i don't know why june 8 wouldn't be a popular wedding date?) or to live in an area where there are so many photographers, cake decorators, florists etc. that there's more offer than demand. i don't know, but i've written to about 10 photographers over the weekend to ask whether they are still available on our wedding day, and already got 6 positive answers, only one rejection so far. :naughty: i guess if you want a certain photographer/florist etc., the booking way in advance makes sense to make sure you get that one... but in fact there are so many good ones to choose from that i don't mind at all if the choice is a little bit limited by not everyone being available. guess that's the hardest thing about the wedding planning, at least for me - all the decisions you have to make. because you will always just get something "fantastic", in different ways, but never something "perfect" - nothing is perfect (especially for a perfectionist like me :lmfao:), everything has its good and bad sides, and so it's really hard to choose. :rolls_eyes: in fact, i think i need the time pressure to actually make all those decisions.

thanks for the tip re. the car... we already thought we could look if there's an oldtimer meeting in the area, and just ask some people there... maybe we should do that. :teehee:

Is it very hot around where you live in early June?

I'm sure it is at most times of the year. Unfortunately we're getting married in one of the busiest months of the year here so we have to book fairly early (March and November are the busiest).

I hate the deciding on stuff. I could never do this as a paid job (unless Mika decides he wants me as a wedding planner :teehee:). My problem is that I didn't know what I wanted at first. Having said that, having such a long time between getting engaged and getting married has helped with giving me plenty of time to decide on stuff.

I reckon that's worth a try. People are usually pretty good about that sort of stuff. Even if you slip them a bit of money for it on the day it's gotta be cheaper than hiring a car.

Is it very hot around where you live in early June?

not really. it can be 30°C and sunny, or it can be 15°C and raining, that's summer in germany. :wink2: the main wedding season here is from may til september, as those are the months where it's most likely that you'll have over 15°C and sunshine. ifit's only 2 months where you live,then of course there's more demand for that limited time.

not really. it can be 30°C and sunny, or it can be 15°C and raining, that's summer in germany. :wink2: the main wedding season here is from may til september, as those are the months where it's most likely that you'll have over 15°C and sunshine. ifit's only 2 months where you live,then of course there's more demand for that limited time.

Sounds a bit like Orange then. Except it gets humid...

You tend to get a lot of weddings in Spring and Autumn here cause the weather's nicest, not so much in Summer or Winter cause in Winter it's too cold (especially August) and in Summer it's often quite humid.

Luckily for us, it should be reasonably warm. It gets a bit warmer in September, then gets really cold at the end of September and into October. By the time it's November it's getting warm again.

I had no idea this thread existed! I love it!

My cousin and I are both getting married rather soon. I am aiming for December and she is getting married in March.

The reason why I say 'aiming' is because we're trying to work out the costs for a wedding and so far we think we'll have enough funds by December. Weddings are expensive:shocked:

I'm so excited though! I have been looking at all sorts of things from venues to cake toppers and I'm still undecided about most!

I had no idea this thread existed! I love it!

My cousin and I are both getting married rather soon. I am aiming for December and she is getting married in March.

The reason why I say 'aiming' is because we're trying to work out the costs for a wedding and so far we think we'll have enough funds by December. Weddings are expensive:shocked:

I'm so excited though! I have been looking at all sorts of things from venues to cake toppers and I'm still undecided about most!

Oooh, so pretty soon then. Melody's getting married in June (well actually she's alreayd married, but doing the church and party bit), I'm getting married in November and for some sad reason I can't remember when anyone else is getting married...

And yeah, it's very expensive! :shocked: My parents are planning on helping out with the reception, so that's good. Of course, they won't be able to save any money until they get back from Bali, as they've just gone over there for a holiday...

I was undecided about a lot of stuff but found looking and all sorts of wedding related stuff helped a bit... Well, that's my excuse for looking at wedding stuff! :teehee:

Getting cheap wedding dresses is a good idea. Such dresses are cheap at rates only but not in quality. You don't have to compromise with quality and standards when it comes to buying cheap bridesmaid dresses and other wedding dresses. Shop online for wedding dresses for variety and latest designs.

I have never bought clothing online because I'm afraid it won't fit:doh:

Oooh, so pretty soon then. Melody's getting married in June (well actually she's alreayd married, but doing the church and party bit), I'm getting married in November and for some sad reason I can't remember when anyone else is getting married...

And yeah, it's very expensive! :shocked: My parents are planning on helping out with the reception, so that's good. Of course, they won't be able to save any money until they get back from Bali, as they've just gone over there for a holiday...

I was undecided about a lot of stuff but found looking and all sorts of wedding related stuff helped a bit... Well, that's my excuse for looking at wedding stuff! :teehee:

Ah! that's all so exciting! Have you got any dress styles that you like? :wub2:

my wedding is in exactly one month from today! :aah: and i'm like :squirrel: atm because i really want all the important stuff fixed now! we finally booked a band last week, and in the next few days we'll be meeting with several photographers who have made us good offers via e-mail, so hopefully we can decide that soon too. we decided on a florist and will talk about the details with them on friday - same with the location, we need to fix all the details about the menu etc., so all they'll need after that is the definite number of guests (which we'll know next week). and if we still have time, we'll also order the cake on friday. then i need to find a stylist, which is more of a problem, most of those seem to be booked up already. :sneaky2: there are a few but if i don't want to drive into munich for the styling, there isn't a lot of choice. and i'm not sure if i really want the local hairdresser to do it, guess a stylist who's professionally trained in make-up and hairdressing would be better. how do you all do that, will you do your hair & make-up yourself or do you have a stylist - one you've known for years, or a professional who comes to your home (or hotel where you get married) on your wedding day?

i'll be really happy and relieved once we have booked all our services! tho after that we still have a lot to do - creating the menu cards (they'll be the same design as the invitation cards, tho luckily only about 20-30 this time :teehee:) and the church booklets (those will just be printed), choosing what music we want to hear from the band (and from a playlist in their pauses) and which games will be played at the party, deciding on and buying guest presents, creating a seating plan, attaching name tags and table numbers to the lightbags, and probably a million other things that i can't remember right now. :doh: yeah ok i *do* see the problem with doing everything last minute. :naughty:

oh, and we've decided to do a champagne reception after the mass in front of the church. my mum bought lots of champagne because she thought we could use it at the restaurant, but the restaurant of course wants to sell their own stuff, we're not allowed to bring any, except for the cake (and for that we have to pay a certain amount per person for the dishes, but that's ok...). so what we'll do is buy plastic champagne glasses for everyone, you can get 100 of them for 20 euro so that's not a problem, so we're not stuck here with 12 bottles of champagne. it'd take us years to drink all that, and i don't think it'll taste good anymore after a few years. :rolls_eyes:

Edited by mellody

Your wedding is so soon!!:wub2:

It sounds like it's going to be lots of fun! Post some pictures of dresses and hairstyles you like. I am hoping to get a professional hairdresser to come to my house on the day of my wedding. Saves me a trip in an already busy busy day.

Ah! that's all so exciting! Have you got any dress styles that you like? :wub2:

I like old fashioned dresses...

I've put my dress on order already, it's got an a-line skirt and is covered in lace and it's got a massive long bit of satin ribbon that gets tied around my waist. I'm also getting some little capped sleeves made for it as it's currently a strappless dress and I don't really want to spend the whole day pulling it back up!

What about you, have you got any styles you like? have you tried any dresses on yet?

how do you all do that, will you do your hair & make-up yourself or do you have a stylist - one you've known for years, or a professional who comes to your home (or hotel where you get married) on your wedding day?

My sister is a hairdresser so she has a really good idea of what to do with my hair, but I'm also getting my sister's boss (who I've known for years) to do it. My sister will likely do my hair and my grandmother's hair, and then Jody and her apprentice will work on my sister and everyone else.

The lady that I want to do my makeup is trained in doing professional makeup. She's also married to my mum's cousin (her daughter is getting married a week before me as well).

Of course I can't really complain about not being able to get a hairdresser, cause there's at least another 3 hairdressers in my mum's family...

I suggest you try and get someone to come to you on the day... oh, and see if you can get a trial done of your hair and makeup, just so you can see if you like what's being done...

Oh, and maybe with your booklet you could work it so it's just on the one piece of paper or card. That way you're saving a bit of time and money :thumb_yello:

I love the idea of drinking the champagne out the front of the church.

Oh, and guess who's an idiot... *points to self*

I totally forgot about this stupid pre marriage course we were supposed to do on Saturday :doh:, so we had to rebook for July. Geez I'm a moron.

I like old fashioned dresses...

I've put my dress on order already, it's got an a-line skirt and is covered in lace and it's got a massive long bit of satin ribbon that gets tied around my waist. I'm also getting some little capped sleeves made for it as it's currently a strappless dress and I don't really want to spend the whole day pulling it back up!

What about you, have you got any styles you like? have you tried any dresses on yet?

Oh, and guess who's an idiot... *points to self*

I totally forgot about this stupid pre marriage course we were supposed to do on Saturday :doh:, so we had to rebook for July. Geez I'm a moron.

Oh that sounds gorgeous, I have tried on princess style poofy dresses, not sure what the fashion term is. I'm pretty short, and those dresses don't highlight the length of my body very much thankfully.

Haha:naughty: well there's still some time to go for the course. I'm also suppose to book my course soon. So many things to do!

Oh that sounds gorgeous, I have tried on princess style poofy dresses, not sure what the fashion term is. I'm pretty short, and those dresses don't highlight the length of my body very much thankfully.

Haha:naughty: well there's still some time to go for the course. I'm also suppose to book my course soon. So many things to do!

That term is as good as any!

Oh, so it's not just here that make you do those courses... I hope I get fed at it. :licks_lips:

Congratulations to you all, hope you guys gonna have a lovely day! :wub2:

Thanks! :huglove:

That term is as good as any!

Oh, so it's not just here that make you do those courses... I hope I get fed at it. :licks_lips:

Thanks! :huglove:

Nope... Had to do them, even if we got married after about 15 years of living together and 3 kids... Think we had more life experience than the couple that were giving the course:thumb_yello::naughty:

Nope... Had to do them, even if we got married after about 15 years of living together and 3 kids... Think we had more life experience than the couple that were giving the course:thumb_yello::naughty:

Really?

You'd think you would have all that stuff down pat... One of my friends married a cousin of mine a few years ago and were living in the middle of nowhere but were getting married in the exact same church I'm getting married in, but they didn't have to do it at all. That was sort of added to the reasons why I don't really like what you have to do when you get married in the church. Besides them wanting brand new baptismal certificates (mine has a few fold marks but otherwise in great condition). No, instead they thought it would be totally okay to search though boxes to find the original. :sneaky2::aah::doh:

Okay, I got off topic but still, the hoops they make you jump through in order to get married in the church is ridiculous! No wonder another one of my cousins got annoyed with it all and got married in an old movie theatre instead...

:ot: Apparently in the UK they are seeking to allow all sorts of humanist ceremonies now eg Druids and Pagans - even Jedi :lmfao:

Imagine going down the aisle with a light sabre instead of a bouquet :naughty:

Okay ladies, here is the place we can all talk about our weddings (whether they're coming up or just happened)!

Here we can share what we're planning to wear, any cool ideas we've seen around the internet, or just chat about just how hard it is to plan a wedding.

Righto, I'll start.

I'm getting married in November 2013, which is in Spring in Oz. At the moment I'm trying to work out what kind of invitations I like the look of, as I've asked a friend of mine to design them.

Congrats, nico. November will be here soon. I've been married nearly 19 years. He's my best friend, and marriage is a trip! Best of luck. I hope you'll post pictures afterwards. :)

:ot: Apparently in the UK they are seeking to allow all sorts of humanist ceremonies now eg Druids and Pagans - even Jedi :lmfao:

Imagine going down the aisle with a light sabre instead of a bouquet :naughty:

:lmfao:

My sister wants a geeky wedding, which may or may not involve people dressed as stormtroopers and her walking down the aisle to the Imperial March from Star Wars :fisch:...

Congrats, nico. November will be here soon. I've been married nearly 19 years. He's my best friend, and marriage is a trip! Best of luck. I hope you'll post pictures afterwards. :)

Cheers! The time's been going pretty quick, I've been engaged since February last year! :shocked:

I plan on sharing pics on here afterwards, though it may not be until I get back to work cause I don't have internet at home...