MFC Brides!

nico_collard

Okay ladies, here is the place we can all talk about our weddings (whether they're coming up or just happened)!

Here we can share what we're planning to wear, any cool ideas we've seen around the internet, or just chat about just how hard it is to plan a wedding.

Righto, I'll start.

I'm getting married in November 2013, which is in Spring in Oz. At the moment I'm trying to work out what kind of invitations I like the look of, as I've asked a friend of mine to design them.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a sweet idea, Tegan! :wub2:

And congratulations to all our lovely MFC brides! :flowers2:

I don't think I have anything to contribute since my own wedding was, um,

would you believe *31* years ago (anniversary was last Wednesday, actually)?

But I'll be peeking in and reading what's up with you all for sure!

:original:

Oh Tegan, so happy you did open it !!! :teehee::hi5: Don't worry, I won't leave you on your own in there !

I think this thread is a really good idea ! Because we are all exctiting about our wedding so we love talking about it :naughty: but also because I'm very curious about the traditions of the other countries !

Can't wait to read all your posts, girls :huglove:

Well, mine will be in august 2014 (the day of my fiance's birthday) :teehee: I know I'm early, but my fiance proposed to me last june, for my birthday, and I was afraid that one year wasn't enough to check everything, or I should have spend all my free time to organize it...

So 2 years, in France, it's not too much to organize your dream wedding :wub2:

Can't wait to read Mellody's posts too ! :teehee:

@ Deb : wow, 31 years :wub2: Congrats ! :thumb_yello:

Feel free to make suggestions... My parents got married almost 33 years ago and mum's been really helpful with suggesting stuff, especially since I have no idea what I want.

Oh Tegan, so happy you did open it !!! :teehee::hi5: Don't worry, I won't leave you on your own in there !

I think this thread is a really good idea ! Because we are all exctiting about our wedding so we love talking about it :naughty: but also because I'm very curious about the traditions of the other countries !

Can't wait to read all your posts, girls :huglove:

Well, mine will be in august 2014 (the day of my fiance's birthday) :teehee: I know I'm early, but my fiance proposed to me last june, for my birthday, and I was afraid that one year wasn't enough to check everything, or I should have spend all my free time to organize it...

So 2 years, in France, it's not too much to organize your dream wedding :wub2:

Can't wait to read Mellody's posts too ! :teehee:

@ Deb : wow, 31 years :wub2: Congrats ! :thumb_yello:

I got engaged in February so I've been organising it on and off since then. I have most of the big stuff planned, like the church, reception venue and the photographer booked. I like the idea of having plenty of time to organise a wedding. Especically since I've just bought a house and most of my time has been spent on organising that! Luckily we've just moved in, so I don't have to worry about moving furniture or anything. All we need to do is unpack all the boxes that are still in the garage!

So, have you got any ideas on what sort of dress you want to wear?

I was just looking through Google and I saw this dress, I seriously want it:

romantic-wedding-dress.jpg

If not, I wouldn't mind this (but my mum would kill me):

Real-Photo-Free-Shipping-Best-Selling-A-line-Strapless-Lace-Tea-Length-Plus-Size-Wedding-Dress.jpg

thanks for opening the thread! :thumb_yello:

lol, i feel even more stressed when i read your posts, like always i'm planning last minute! :lmfao: we're planning to get married in summer 2013 but we don't even have a location or a date yet. :teehee: as we're not looking for a specific date though, just some weekend on a (hopefully) warm summer day, we're rather flexible and will just see what dates are still available. as for the location, i want some meadows and trees (a park maybe), maybe a lake, and definitely a view (over meadows and trees), from a hill for example.

and we hope we can find a place like that not too far away from where our relatives live. especially my fiancé's relatives, as they won't travel far (mine are a bit more flexible, luckily... :teehee:) - and "far" means to them anything over half an hour. :aah: they live in the countryside, in the deepest corner of rural bavaria, where my fiancé grew up. and in that area it's hard to find decent places for a wedding party, if you don't want it to be too rural. an alternative if we don't find a location would be to rent a big party tent and celebrate on the farm of my fiancé's parents. there's a lot of space, meadows, trees and a view. :teehee: and everything else (tent, food, tables,...) would have to be organized by a party service. the problem with a party tent in summer is just that if you have a huge thunderstorm just that day, it might blow away. and of course that would ruin everything, so we'd prefer a solid house. :teehee:

i don't know what it's like in other countries, but in germany many couples have two weddings - the civil marriage, for the law, and the church wedding (or if you're not in the church, some other sort of ceremony), with the white dress and the big party etc. some only have the civil marriage and have the party afterwards, and they have the white dress for that day. but we want to do it the "classic" way, first the civil marriage for the law, then the "real" one with the white dress and church and big party. our civil marriage will already be this year, on 20.12.2012 - fantastic date, we liked it more than 12.12.12! :wink2: now the decision to do it already this year was for 3 reasons. first, we want to go on honeymoon in winter, as we want to go to the maldives, and it doesn't make sense to fly to a warm place if it's warm here as well. :bleh: btw, we haven't booked that either yet, but we want to go some time between january and march - one or two weeks in sri lanka, including a tour, and then a week on the maldives. :wub2: anyway, so we wanted our civil wedding before that. and as 2012 has such cool dates like 20.12.2012, and we'll get a big tax return for the whole year of 2012 if we still get married this year, we decided to do it already now. all very small though, just our parents, siblings and closest friends.

so yeah, we have to book a honeymoon, find and book a location for the wedding next summer, and only when we have the location, we'll have the exact date. and i'm looking for wedding dresses already, as they have long delivery times of 6 months (made in china... :teehee:), so i have to hurry with that as well. :aah: my dream wedding dress of my teenage years was the one of that eddie murphy movie from the 80s, where he plays an african prince who's coming to new york to find a wife. just not in pink but in white.

Coming-to-America_Shari-Headley_wedding-dress-front-full.jpg

ok my taste is not *that* barbie-like anymore :teehee:, but i definitely want a huge fluffy skirt, with a bit of glitter, like this for example:

292886119_613.jpg

i saw one dress last week that comes close to that, the skirt was perfect, just the top didn't fit at all (size-wise) and though they say they can change it so it fits, it's hard for me to imagine what it will look like after they did. :aah: so on the one hand i want to keep looking whether i find another one that's perfect in every way, on the other hand time is running away for the delivery and with all the things coming up in the next 2 weeks, i also don't really have time for more appointments at bridal fashion shops. so no wonder really that i'm a bit stressed atm. :teehee:

Wow! What a great thread, Tegan!

Congrats to all the brides to be and hope you may be very haapy with the man of your dreams...

I can't help much as i got married in 1996,so i'm not much up to date with modern brides and stuff...

All i know is that they do "thriller" mobs now in weddings...

I've been in awedding this summer and was amazed to see the bride and the bridesmaids all dancing creepily michael jackson style in their fluffy and glittery choral dresses...:lmfao:

Lovely thread. :thumb_yello:

I look forward to following all your plans over the next few years.

Good luck with all those plans and best wishes to you all for marriages filled with joy, love and most important, laughter. :flowers2:

p.s. Sorry but I'm no help either as my wedding is also a dim and distant memory. :teehee:

My boyfriend already proposed to me as a joke, because he and I both know we're not getting married yet. We've been a couple since April 2009 but we're not even living together yet, so there's still a lot of work to do. I keep dreaming, though. He told me "If I had the money and the certainty I could give you the life you've always dreamed of, we'd have been married a long time ago."

Sadly, he is in a wheelchair now, and in even more pain than he already was. We're still dreaming though. Sometimes, we play wedding. But he doesn't want to marry me in a wheelchair. Uh, well. His feet will get better, we will find a neat house we can afford, and life will get better.

I really, really like this type of dress: http://images.aanbod.be/gallery/612x463-0/e3a0c1/trouwjurk-zakira-mt-36-t-m-44-29995.jpg. My dream is to design my own as I can't find the right one for me :-( I already found a veil though :-)

And Tom told me he wants a big wedding with hundreds of guests, a neat party till morning light, a coach drawn by 12 white horses,... Big plans :wub2:

Dedeb - I'm beating you!! :blush-anim-cl: My wedding is 37 years old, and I still have the same husband :wub2: - he has to hear, and experience, a lot about my "new music-darling", MIKA :fisch:

After 30 years with TINA ( Turner of course ) whom I even met backstage at Radio City Music Hall in NYC, back in July - 1997, it's our golden boy who has had my full attention, since I "found" him - 9.3.07, at the Norwegian TV-show Skavlan :thumb_yello:

Good luck to all the MIKA fans - planning their weddings!!! :blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

MB

Okay ladies, here is the place we can all talk about our weddings (whether they're coming up or just happened)!

Here we can share what we're planning to wear, any cool ideas we've seen around the internet, or just chat about just how hard it is to plan a wedding.

Righto, I'll start.

I'm getting married in November 2013, which is in Spring in Oz. At the moment I'm trying to work out what kind of invitations I like the look of, as I've asked a friend of mine to design them.

Congratulations dear Tegan :wub2:

What a sweet idea :thumb_yello:

I can't contribute to this thread but it sure is a happy one :wink2:

I got engaged in February so I've been organising it on and off since then. I have most of the big stuff planned, like the church, reception venue and the photographer booked. I like the idea of having plenty of time to organise a wedding. Especically since I've just bought a house and most of my time has been spent on organising that! Luckily we've just moved in, so I don't have to worry about moving furniture or anything. All we need to do is unpack all the boxes that are still in the garage!

Oh, it seems your already planned a lot :teehee: That's nice !

In what kind of venue will you get married ?? :teehee:

I also like the idea to have plenty of time, like that you really know what you do want and what you don't want. And there is no rush and less stress, which is good too ! :aah:

So, have you got any ideas on what sort of dress you want to wear?

I was just looking through Google and I saw this dress, I seriously want it:

Wow, these dress are really beautiful :wub2:

I do know exactly the kind of dresses I would like :blush-anim-cl:

I absolutly love this one : http://www.lilly.eu/Default.aspx?ID=267&ProductID=PROD1487&GroupID=GROUP142&VariantID=VO58

But also this kind of dresses :

11841_robe-mariee-faldar-b.jpg

Atelier_Diagonal_Orion.jpg

lol, i feel even more stressed when i read your posts, like always i'm planning last minute! :lmfao: we're planning to get married in summer 2013 but we don't even have a location or a date yet. as we're not looking for a specific date though, just some weekend on a (hopefully) warm summer day, we're rather flexible and will just see what dates are still available. as for the location, i want some meadows and trees (a park maybe), maybe a lake, and definitely a view (over meadows and trees), from a hill for example.

and we hope we can find a place like that not too far away from where our relatives live. especially my fiancé's relatives, as they won't travel far (mine are a bit more flexible, luckily... ) - and "far" means to them anything over half an hour. :aah: they live in the countryside, in the deepest corner of rural bavaria, where my fiancé grew up. and in that area it's hard to find decent places for a wedding party, if you don't want it to be too rural. an alternative if we don't find a location would be to rent a big party tent and celebrate on the farm of my fiancé's parents. there's a lot of space, meadows, trees and a view. and everything else (tent, food, tables,...) would have to be organized by a party service. the problem with a party tent in summer is just that if you have a huge thunderstorm just that day, it might blow away. and of course that would ruin everything, so we'd prefer a solid house.

Oh don't worry, if you don't look for a specific date or place, you can find something more easily ! And it depends of where you're getting married.

My fiancé and me are from a very touristic place, in Brittany, and many people who have relatives here, but who live elsewhere come back here to get married because it's a very beautiful area, near the sea :blush-anim-cl:

Moreover, we wanted to get married during a 3 days week-end, with a holiday, to enable the family who come for the other side of France to be there. And in 2014, there were only 3 three-days week-end, so we didn't have plenty of choices :aah: And the 16.08 is the day of my fiancé's birthday, so we thought it was cool to get married this day.

I like you idea of trees, and lake with view. That seems bucolic :wub2:

i don't know what it's like in other countries, but in germany many couples have two weddings - the civil marriage, for the law, and the church wedding (or if you're not in the church, some other sort of ceremony), with the white dress and the big party etc. some only have the civil marriage and have the party afterwards, and they have the white dress for that day. but we want to do it the "classic" way, first the civil marriage for the law, then the "real" one with the white dress and church and big party. our civil marriage will already be this year, on 20.12.2012 - fantastic date, we liked it more than 12.12.12! :wink2: now the decision to do it already this year was for 3 reasons. first, we want to go on honeymoon in winter, as we want to go to the maldives, and it doesn't make sense to fly to a warm place if it's warm here as well. :bleh: btw, we haven't booked that either yet, but we want to go some time between january and march - one or two weeks in sri lanka, including a tour, and then a week on the maldives. :wub2: anyway, so we wanted our civil wedding before that. and as 2012 has such cool dates like 20.12.2012, and we'll get a big tax return for the whole year of 2012 if we still get married this year, we decided to do it already now. all very small though, just our parents, siblings and closest friends.

Love this date of 20.12.2012 ! Just the day before the end of the world :naughty:

In France, people often get married during the same day at the City Hall and then at the church. It's not very common to organize two distinct weddings, in a few months. But it happens !

We'll do the civil wedding during the morning, and I'll wear a civil dress, and during the afternoon, we'll have the religious wedding with the big dress... I wanted my future husband to discover me in my dress, while I was entering in the church :wub2:

That's nice you'll get your civil wedding in a few days, you must be so exciting :teehee:

And a honeymoon in the Maldives, that's gonna be so great !

so yeah, we have to book a honeymoon, find and book a location for the wedding next summer, and only when we have the location, we'll have the exact date. and i'm looking for wedding dresses already, as they have long delivery times of 6 months (made in china... :teehee:), so i have to hurry with that as well. :aah: my dream wedding dress of my teenage years was the one of that eddie murphy movie from the 80s, where he plays an african prince who's coming to new york to find a wife. just not in pink but in white.

i saw one dress last week that comes close to that, the skirt was perfect, just the top didn't fit at all (size-wise) and though they say they can change it so it fits, it's hard for me to imagine what it will look like after they did. :aah: so on the one hand i want to keep looking whether i find another one that's perfect in every way, on the other hand time is running away for the delivery and with all the things coming up in the next 2 weeks, i also don't really have time for more appointments at bridal fashion shops. so no wonder really that i'm a bit stressed atm.

Very beautiful, the last dress, I love it ! :wub2::thumb_yello:

I think you should find a dress which fit you perfectly and in which you're feeling good.

I went to a wedding shop the other day with my mum, and we were talking with the lady who said : "people have to say to themselves that the bride looked wonderful in her dress and not that the dress looked wonderful", it's not the same !

Can't wait you show to us which dress you choose !!!

Well, let's talk about your fiancés !!! :teehee: Who are they, how did you get to know each other and how did they proposed ?!! :teehee::wub2:

And the other MFCers are welcome to share that with us :huglove:

thanks for opening the thread! :thumb_yello:

lol, i feel even more stressed when i read your posts, like always i'm planning last minute! :lmfao: we're planning to get married in summer 2013 but we don't even have a location or a date yet. :teehee: as we're not looking for a specific date though, just some weekend on a (hopefully) warm summer day, we're rather flexible and will just see what dates are still available. as for the location, i want some meadows and trees (a park maybe), maybe a lake, and definitely a view (over meadows and trees), from a hill for example.

and we hope we can find a place like that not too far away from where our relatives live. especially my fiancé's relatives, as they won't travel far (mine are a bit more flexible, luckily... :teehee:) - and "far" means to them anything over half an hour. :aah: they live in the countryside, in the deepest corner of rural bavaria, where my fiancé grew up. and in that area it's hard to find decent places for a wedding party, if you don't want it to be too rural. an alternative if we don't find a location would be to rent a big party tent and celebrate on the farm of my fiancé's parents. there's a lot of space, meadows, trees and a view. :teehee: and everything else (tent, food, tables,...) would have to be organized by a party service. the problem with a party tent in summer is just that if you have a huge thunderstorm just that day, it might blow away. and of course that would ruin everything, so we'd prefer a solid house. :teehee:

We weren't that fussed on dates, though I probably would've chosen Autumn/Fall rather than Spring next year if my fiance would've agreed to it. It actually worked out in the end, cause we just bought a house together so now we have a little less than 12 months to save more money up for the wedding :teehee:

LOL, my father in law's family sounds a bit like that... though they live in Queensland and we're in NSW (and it takes about 12 hours straight driving to get there :teehee:). A big tent would be nice though, if there was somewhere nice and green around here then I'd probably go for that but I think we're going into drought again.

i don't know what it's like in other countries, but in germany many couples have two weddings - the civil marriage, for the law, and the church wedding (or if you're not in the church, some other sort of ceremony), with the white dress and the big party etc. some only have the civil marriage and have the party afterwards, and they have the white dress for that day. but we want to do it the "classic" way, first the civil marriage for the law, then the "real" one with the white dress and church and big party. our civil marriage will already be this year, on 20.12.2012 - fantastic date, we liked it more than 12.12.12! :wink2:

That's interesting... Aussies usually just have the official stuff as part of the ceremony. Not everyone has a church sort of wedding, some people get someone to officiate and have it whereever they like. My cousin even got married in an old picture theatre last year, which was pretty damn cool (I'll show some pics when I get a chance).

ok my taste is not *that* barbie-like anymore :teehee:, but i definitely want a huge fluffy skirt, with a bit of glitter, like this for example:

292886119_613.jpg

i saw one dress last week that comes close to that, the skirt was perfect, just the top didn't fit at all (size-wise) and though they say they can change it so it fits, it's hard for me to imagine what it will look like after they did. :aah: so on the one hand i want to keep looking whether i find another one that's perfect in every way, on the other hand time is running away for the delivery and with all the things coming up in the next 2 weeks, i also don't really have time for more appointments at bridal fashion shops. so no wonder really that i'm a bit stressed atm. :teehee:

That 2nd dress looks so much better. The really fluffy dresses look weird (I've been watching My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding a fair bit and they look a bit like toilet dollies :lmfao:)

All i know is that they do "thriller" mobs now in weddings...

I've been in awedding this summer and was amazed to see the bride and the bridesmaids all dancing creepily michael jackson style in their fluffy and glittery choral dresses...:lmfao:

Huh... that would be kinda cool to do.

My boyfriend already proposed to me as a joke, because he and I both know we're not getting married yet. We've been a couple since April 2009 but we're not even living together yet, so there's still a lot of work to do. I keep dreaming, though. He told me "If I had the money and the certainty I could give you the life you've always dreamed of, we'd have been married a long time ago."

Sadly, he is in a wheelchair now, and in even more pain than he already was. We're still dreaming though. Sometimes, we play wedding. But he doesn't want to marry me in a wheelchair. Uh, well. His feet will get better, we will find a neat house we can afford, and life will get better.

I really, really like this type of dress: http://images.aanbod.be/gallery/612x463-0/e3a0c1/trouwjurk-zakira-mt-36-t-m-44-29995.jpg. My dream is to design my own as I can't find the right one for me :-( I already found a veil though :-)

And Tom told me he wants a big wedding with hundreds of guests, a neat party till morning light, a coach drawn by 12 white horses,... Big plans :wub2:

Awwwwww, that's so sweet! I hope you and Tom get to have your own special day :huglove:

Oh, it seems your already planned a lot :teehee: That's nice !

In what kind of venue will you get married ?? :teehee:

We're getting married in a church... actually, this is it:

Orange_1.jpg

And the 16.08 is the day of my fiancé's birthday, so we thought it was cool to get married this day.

No way! My fiance's birthday is the 16/8 as well! :shocked:

Well, let's talk about your fiancés !!! :teehee: Who are they, how did you get to know each other and how did they proposed ?!! :teehee::wub2:

And the other MFCers are welcome to share that with us :huglove:

My fiance's name is Derek and I've known him since I was 21. We were set up on a blind date by friends of mine and at first we didn't really hit it off (I liked him, but he was so shy that I wasn't sure if he was interested).

Anyways, at the start of last year I was in New Zealand for a holiday and we started talking over Facebook. We decided ot catch up for dinner when I got back, and we've been together ever since.

Derek and I went away for the weekend to a town called Forster, which is on the central cost of NSW. On the Saturday, we went for lunch then for a walk on the beach. We found somewhere quiet to sit and he said to me, "You know I love you, right?" and then he proposed :huglove:

Of course, I was so excited about getting engaged that I put my ring on but it got stuck (it was too small), so we ended up having to travel to the nearest hospital to get it cut off. :aah:

Well, I'm not getting married yet.

But, I will following this thread. You know, as preparation :aah:

In my country, we dont wear gown as wedding dress.

Here, we used to traditional wedding (the dress, make up, even the party).

Here the example

traditonal%2Bwedding%2Bdress-kebaya.jpg

But I do really want my wedding dress will be more simple. Just like tihis one

Modern-Anne-Avantie-Kebaya-Fashion-Week-2012-Collection.jpg

I like this thread :naughty:

And I nearly would have been a bride also, though I am married since 22 years (on dec. 15th). :teehee:

Some weeks ago my husband said to me:

H: Let's get divorced.

Me: Uh? :eek: :shocked::sad: Wot? Why? What happend?

H: I think the 13.03.13 is a great day to get married again...

Me: :blink::lmfao:

@ Efriani : interesting to see the wedding dress in Indonesia ! The last one is so beautiful :wub2:

We're getting married in a church... actually, this is it:

Orange_1.jpg

Oh it's a nice church !

No way! My fiance's birthday is the 16/8 as well! :shocked:

So funny !! :naughty: Of which year ?! Mine is from 1986 !

My fiance's name is Derek and I've known him since I was 21. We were set up on a blind date by friends of mine and at first we didn't really hit it off (I liked him, but he was so shy that I wasn't sure if he was interested).

Anyways, at the start of last year I was in New Zealand for a holiday and we started talking over Facebook. We decided ot catch up for dinner when I got back, and we've been together ever since.

That's a nice story ! :huglove:

Derek and I went away for the weekend to a town called Forster, which is on the central cost of NSW. On the Saturday, we went for lunch then for a walk on the beach. We found somewhere quiet to sit and he said to me, "You know I love you, right?" and then he proposed :huglove:

Of course, I was so excited about getting engaged that I put my ring on but it got stuck (it was too small), so we ended up having to travel to the nearest hospital to get it cut off. :aah:

What a nice proposal :wub2: But the end is so funny ! :naughty: Poor you ! :huglove:

Well, me and my fiancé, Paul, know each other since high school. We started to date during our last high school year and we never imagined we found each other's soulmate. We are together since 9 years now, he is my first real love and he is amazing :teehee: I'm so lucky to have him.

Well, he wanted to finish med school (which last at least 9 years in France) to get married, but he knew I wanted to be engaged since looooong time ! :naughty: So he proposed to me 6 months ago and we will get married in 1,5 years, when he will be about to end med school !

He proposed me by the sea cost, in one of our favorite place from where we live :

http://burnel.perso.sfr.fr/photos2/Pano_Varde3.jpg

He left a note at home when it was written I had to join him here, so I came and he was all alone, suit up, he said some lovely words then put a knee down and he proposed :huglove: He did it in a very traditional way :naughty:

[quote name=French Deb;3851241So funny !! :naughty: Of which year ?! Mine is from 1986 !

What a nice proposal :wub2: But the end is so funny ! :naughty: Poor you ! :huglove:

Well' date=' me and my fiancé, Paul, know each other since high school. We started to date during our last high school year and we never imagined we found each other's soulmate. We are together since 9 years now, he is my first real love and he is amazing :teehee: I'm so lucky to have him.

Well, he wanted to finish med school (which last at least 9 years in France) to get married, but he knew I wanted to be engaged since looooong time ! :naughty: So he proposed to me 6 months ago and we will get married in 1,5 years, when he will be about to end med school !

He proposed me by the sea cost, in one of our favorite place from where we live :

http://burnel.perso.sfr.fr/photos2/Pano_Varde3.jpg

He left a note at home when it was written I had to join him here, so I came and he was all alone, suit up, he said some lovely words then put a knee down and he proposed :huglove: He did it in a very traditional way :naughty:[/quote]

He was born in 1982, so he's a year older than me...

Hmmmmm.... I just had a look on FB for a photo of my hand from when the ring got stuck, but I don't... I don't have any pictures on there of Forster either. :blink: I'll find some somewhere and post them.

Awwwwww! That's so sweet (both the proposal and that you guys have been together since school)! And the coast looks lovely. I love the beach, though I don't go there very often (it's about 4-5 hours away from where I live)...

• 2 weeks later...

i bought the dress today that i had seen a few weeks ago - it definitely is the one that comes closest to what i want. :wub2: and another plus, it has the right size, so i was able to buy the one they had there, they don't have to order it. only a few changes are necessary. :wink2: it's this one:

3656_006.jpg

what you don't see in the pic is that the tulle of the skirt is shiny and has some glittery stones/pearls/sequins on it, so it really looks like a princess dress. :wub2: and i will wear a wide crinoline underneath, so the skirt will be wider than in this pic. i've taken a photo of me in the dress today, will post it eventually but not now, hubby is sitting in the same room so i'm careful. :bleh:

and well, last week we had our civil wedding, and it was lovely. :wub2: here's a photo of me from that day: http://twitpic.com/bnxdbf ... i won't post one of hubby and me, as he doesn't want his pic posted publicly on the internet - but if you're interested in seeing one, i can send it via dm. :wink2:

fiancé is hubby now for me, haha! :teehee: can't tell too much, he likes his privacy on the internet (he's a pc freak but he refuses to join any social networks like facebook)... but we've known each other since about 2 years now, moved in together a year ago, and he proposed to me in september this year. :wink2: we had talked about getting married, and on the day of our 1,5 years anniversary we went to a lovely italian restaurant and he proposed to me. he hadn't bought a ring yet, since i had never worn rings so neither did he know my ring size, nor did i have any idea what kind of ring i'd like to have. :naughty: we chose the ring together and he bought it for me on our romantic weekend trip to vienna in november (which of course i combined with a mika gig - he went back home on sunday and i stayed a day longer for the gig :teehee:). :wub2:

ah, and how we got to know each other, we first met at an event where a group of people meets to play board games together. dunno if there's a name for that in english, maybe you could say it's like a poker night just with board games instead of poker, and without betting money of course. :naughty:

anyway, we're rather fast in everything we do, but we're both just very happy to have found each other, we get along perfectly, are not only lovers but also best friends... and we both think, why wait if it feels just right?! we're both in our mid to end thirties, and have been looking for the "right one" for ages, both had disappointments and made experiences, and now we're both sure that we finally found the "right one", we just go for it and don't see any sense in waiting. :biggrin2:

• 1 month later...
Mellody, glad you could get the dress you wanted.

I love the outfit you wore for the civil ceremony, and the flowers go so well with the colour. :wub2:

thanks silver. :wub2:

we finally found our party-location, a restaurant/guest house about 50km outside of munich, more or less in the middle between my hometown and hubby's hometown. so our friends & relatives will have the same distance to drive. only bad thing is that it can only be reached by car and has only 7 guest rooms, so we might have to organize something for those who don't have a car or want to drink something. the house is located on a hill in the countryside, basically in the middle of nowhere, but with meadows and fields and trees and a stunning view, just like i wanted it. :wub2: and it has a lovely little rose garden - unfortunately on the other side of the building, so you have either rose garden OR view from the hill, not both at the same time... but i guess for the photos it's perfect to have both options. :original: inside it's is beautiful too, a big room with a high ceiling, bright wood, parquet floor, and a small stage for the band. i would've been alright with a DJ but hubby wants a band... and there's our next problem. :rolls_eyes: we have a pre-booking at the location for june 8, but the band we wanted doesn't have time that day. so now we either have to find a different band or a different day. that's what we're working on atm. :wink2:

what about the rest of you, do you already have a band or DJ for your wedding party? or will it just be a dinner, without music/dancing? is it also common outside of germany that the bridal couple does the first dance, traditionally a waltz? here it's like that, and the next waltz is for the bride and her father and the groom and his mother, and then the rest of the guests join in. :wink2: that's why the bridal couple usually takes dancing lessons before the wedding, there are even special wedding dancing courses... luckily hubby and me don't need that, as we've both had dancing lessons for years already. :teehee:

This is a lovely idea for a thread Tegan.

Can I join in because my daughter is getting married in December 2013?

I've just had my 35th anniversary, but my daughter is picking a few of my decisions and using them for her own wedding.

(Also, the first Mika gig I went to was with Nell, so there is an MFC link; we met up with some MFCers on the night)

And it was an MFCer (MikaMad) who helped me through a decision Nell made about University and now, her wedding will be in MM's home town!

i bought the dress today that i had seen a few weeks ago - it definitely is the one that comes closest to what i want. :wub2: and another plus, it has the right size, so i was able to buy the one they had there, they don't have to order it. only a few changes are necessary. :wink2: it's this one:

3656_006.jpg

and well, last week we had our civil wedding, and it was lovely. :wub2: here's a photo of me from that day: http://twitpic.com/bnxdbf ... i won't post one of hubby and me, as he doesn't want his pic posted publicly on the internet - but if you're interested in seeing one, i can send it via dm. :wink2:

I love this dress!

Lovely thread! :thumb_yello: and lovely dresses :wub2: For my wedding,I designed the dress,and the tailor did it for me,because at that time (23 years ago),there wasn't too many options on the market.

i would've been alright with a DJ but hubby wants a band... and there's our next problem. :rolls_eyes: we have a pre-booking at the location for june 8, but the band we wanted doesn't have time that day. so now we either have to find a different band or a different day. that's what we're working on atm. :wink2:

I think your hubby is right :wink2: good luck on getting sorted out :thumb_yello: