MFC Brides!

nico_collard

Of course I can't really complain about not being able to get a hairdresser, cause there's at least another 3 hairdressers in my mum's family...

I suggest you try and get someone to come to you on the day... oh, and see if you can get a trial done of your hair and makeup, just so you can see if you like what's being done...

Oh, and maybe with your booklet you could work it so it's just on the one piece of paper or card. That way you're saving a bit of time and money :thumb_yello:

ah well, that's easy then if you have so many hairdressers in your family. :naughty: i found a stylist now, who will come to my hotel on the day of the wedding, and of course there'll also be a trial. haven't met her yet, i wanted to before deciding but it was difficult to find a date where we both have time, and i didn't want to wait too long anymore. she seems nice tho, and is a professional make-up artist and a trained hairdresser, so i should be fine. :original:

about the booklet, you're right it would save time and money to have just a card instead, but i'm just too much of a perfectionist for that. :naughty: personally i think those booklets (actually it's just 2 din a4 pages folded to an 8-page a5-booklet and fixed with a ribbon) are a nice memory to take home for the guests - and we want to print the songs/notes in there, because not all songs are in the church songbook.

talking about which, we still need music for the church. well we do have someone playing the organ, but hubby wants a singer or a choir for a few songs. my opinion is that it would be nice but not absolutely necessary, so that's something i'm leaving to hubby to organize. :naughty:

It sounds like it's going to be lots of fun! Post some pictures of dresses and hairstyles you like.

i posted a picture of my dress a few pages back... it's princess style, with a poofy skirt and some glitter. :wink2: dunno about hairstyles yet, will look for that a few days before my trial appointment. :teehee: i'd love to wear most of my hair open, but then again, if it's really hot that day i'd probably prefer it updone. in any case i want it to look romantic and rather fluffy and natural than strict. :biggrin2:

Really?

You'd think you would have all that stuff down pat... One of my friends married a cousin of mine a few years ago and were living in the middle of nowhere but were getting married in the exact same church I'm getting married in, but they didn't have to do it at all. That was sort of added to the reasons why I don't really like what you have to do when you get married in the church. Besides them wanting brand new baptismal certificates (mine has a few fold marks but otherwise in great condition). No, instead they thought it would be totally okay to search though boxes to find the original. :sneaky2::aah::doh:

ah yes, that seminar. our priest wants us to do it, but it's no problem if we do it after the wedding - we just need to show a proof that we have an appointment. but good point, we still need to do that as well. :doh: *writes it on the to-do-list* :teehee:

yes they also want new baptismal certificates here - simply because in there it would also say if you are married already, that's why it has to be new. what i found weird was that even though i'm not a member of the church anymore (only hubby is), i still needed a baptismal certificate. i didn't even know where i was baptized, so it was quite an act to get that! :naughty:

:lmfao:

My sister wants a geeky wedding, which may or may not involve people dressed as stormtroopers and her walking down the aisle to the Imperial March from Star Wars :fisch:...

lol! i thought of using the indiana jones theme or "he's a pirate" out of "pirates of the caribbean" for walking down the aisle, since i found cool versions on youtube that were played on a church organ. :naughty: and i thought it would be nice to have something a bit extraordinary. but the priest wasn't quite happy with that suggestion, so we'll probably end up with some classical bridal march. :teehee:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Karin's (Mellody) big day today. I know she had a lot of problems at the last minute due to the flooding that has hit so much of central Europe; so I hope it has all gone well. :crossed:

Karin's (Mellody) big day today. I know she had a lot of problems at the last minute due to the flooding that has hit so much of central Europe; so I hope it has all gone well. :crossed:

It was a good weather day over there yesterday (my son lives in the same town) so it should have been great.

Congratulations Karin :)

lol! i thought of using the indiana jones theme or "he's a pirate" out of "pirates of the caribbean" for walking down the aisle, since i found cool versions on youtube that were played on a church organ. :naughty: and i thought it would be nice to have something a bit extraordinary. but the priest wasn't quite happy with that suggestion, so we'll probably end up with some classical bridal march. :teehee:

Awwww, that would've been great fun! No doubt the priest we're getting probably wouldn't be keen on that...

Actually, I need to call him and make sure he's well enough to do the ceremony (he had a stroke earlier in the year :shocked:).

Whoops, missed it! :doh:

Congrats Karin! Hope all went well and feel free to share some pics from the day!

thanks girls! :thumb_yello: less than a week before the wedding, our cellar was flooded up to the ceiling... so instead of last minute wedding preparations and relaxing, the last week before the wedding we were busy with emptying a whole room full of wet and dirty stuff, trying to save what we could but throwing away most of it. i really had different plans for that last week. :aah:

but despite all this, and despite lack of sleep and being in a horrible mood up until saturday morning, it was a wonderful day! :wub2: the sun was shining, most things went smoothly, the setting was stunning, and us and our guests had a fantastic time! i won't post pix of my husband, since he doesn't want photos of him publicly on the web - but here are 2 of me: :wink2:

braut1_zps22301390.jpg

braut2_zps3dedaac1.jpg

edit: one photo of the happy couple, in front of the beautiful setting - he gave his ok for me to post it, since it's from far away. :naughty:

setting_zpsf91829a9.jpg

Edited by mellody

thanks girls! :thumb_yello: less than a week before the wedding, our cellar was flooded up to the ceiling... so instead of last minute wedding preparations and relaxing, the last week before the wedding we were busy with emptying a whole room full of wet and dirty stuff, trying to save what we could but throwing away most of it. i really had different plans for that last week. :aah:

but despite all this, and despite lack of sleep and being in a horrible mood up until saturday morning, it was a wonderful day! :wub2: the sun was shining, most things went smoothly, the setting was stunning, and us and our guests had a fantastic time! i won't post pix of my husband, since he doesn't want photos of him publicly on the web - but here are 2 of me: :wink2:

braut1_zps22301390.jpg

braut2_zps3dedaac1.jpg

edit: one photo of the happy couple, in front of the beautiful setting - he gave his ok for me to post it, since it's from far away. :naughty:

setting_zpsf91829a9.jpg

Oh no! Definitely not what you want to be doing so close to the wedding.

And gorgeous photos, I especially like the first one! You had lovely weather for it!

braut1_zps22301390.jpg

braut2_zps3dedaac1.jpg

setting_zpsf91829a9.jpg

These photos are STUNNING! You are a beautiful bride! I love the dress. I also like the princess style, am meeting my dressmaker tomorrow night to talk dresses:naughty:

Guys, my wedding date has been set. :teehee:

22 December 2013

Ah!:wub2:

thank you. :huglove:

here's another pic, of me with my german mfc friends who were there (tina78, statue_of_liberty, kanni, mariposa, hasibobberle and graciosa):

mfc1_zps667bdcfd.jpg

Lovely pic of everyone, and great to put faces to names (besides you of course!).

Love the play equipment you're sitting on :thumb_yello:...

These photos are STUNNING! You are a beautiful bride! I love the dress. I also like the princess style, am meeting my dressmaker tomorrow night to talk dresses:naughty:

Guys, my wedding date has been set. :teehee:

22 December 2013

Ah!:wub2:

Yay! So good you've got a date! It's going to be stressful, but I'm sure you'll get everything all organised!

• 4 weeks later...

Naww this is a lovely thread! I've fangurled watching your pics. I love wedding stuff, specially giant dresses :teehee:

Have a great party all the ones who are still waiting for it and enjoy your magical day as much as you can :huglove:

I wanted to show you something I've made for my bro's wedding, it involved some crying from me cause my brother is even more perfectionist than me (and that's a lot already), but finally we were all happy with the result and I was glad he asked me to do it.

Maybe it will inspire you and you can personalize your cake. I didn't get to make the couple look like them cause they didn't have their clothes by when I made it. I've also included a little poem with it when I gave it to them. It's inspired in their story (which changed cause they didn't marry in the twilight in the end :aah:), but I'd like to share it with you.

Cake ornament

388805_2602960202922_1939967013_n.jpg

Little poem

She was all dressed in white. She was walking towards me. I couldn’t see her face cause of the sun light. But I knew that she was smiling.

As she got closer, I saw a tear running down her cheek.

Every step she took, hurt a little bit more. I could see that in her eyes.

Every single step taken was a prospect slipping through her fingers; it was a piece of the life that she was never going to have.

Her entire world was tearing apart. But there was a whole new horizon at the end of the path, where I was waiting for her. It was so different from everything she’d ever dreamt about, and it frightened her so much…

But she was willing to take the risk. For the first time in her life, she was shinning.

Naww this is a lovely thread! I've fangurled watching your pics. I love wedding stuff, specially giant dresses :teehee:

Have a great party all the ones who are still waiting for it and enjoy your magical day as much as you can :huglove:

I wanted to show you something I've made for my bro's wedding, it involved some crying from me cause my brother is even more perfectionist than me (and that's a lot already), but finally we were all happy with the result and I was glad he asked me to do it.

Maybe it will inspire you and you can personalize your cake. I didn't get to make the couple look like them cause they didn't have their clothes by when I made it. I've also included a little poem with it when I gave it to them. It's inspired in their story (which changed cause they didn't marry in the twilight in the end :aah:), but I'd like to share it with you.

Cake ornament

388805_2602960202922_1939967013_n.jpg

Little poem

She was all dressed in white. She was walking towards me. I couldn’t see her face cause of the sun light. But I knew that she was smiling.

As she got closer, I saw a tear running down her cheek.

Every step she took, hurt a little bit more. I could see that in her eyes.

Every single step taken was a prospect slipping through her fingers; it was a piece of the life that she was never going to have.

Her entire world was tearing apart. But there was a whole new horizon at the end of the path, where I was waiting for her. It was so different from everything she’d ever dreamt about, and it frightened her so much…

But she was willing to take the risk. For the first time in her life, she was shinning.

Awww, how cute! The poem is very lovely as well.

• 1 month later...
Six months of stress, you mean :naughty:

Yay! So good you've got a date! It's going to be stressful, but I'm sure you'll get everything all organised!

I am so stressed, yet at the same time, I wish I could bring the date forward! I have a hall, caterers, a dressmaker, photographer and a decorator:aah:

Any honeymoon plans?

• 2 weeks later...

braut1_zps22301390.jpg

This is a lovely photo!

I hope you've settled down well into married life :-)

I've finally managed to do two fittings for my daughter's outfit. They went well so I could buy and sew up the lining although I'm not going to attach them together until next month. She's in Afghanistan atm and has lost weight. . .

Now I need to crack on with designing and making cuffs for the sleeves and a stand up collar which aren't part of the pattern. It has frills which she doesn't want. She's away for one more month so I've time to get it all sorted out. She sent her invitations out at the end of her leave in early August so we've booked our hotel room and I've bought my 'mother of the bride' dress.

I am so stressed, yet at the same time, I wish I could bring the date forward! I have a hall, caterers, a dressmaker, photographer and a decorator:aah:

Any honeymoon plans?

How's the planning going now?

Yes, we do...

We're driving to Bundaberg in Queensland. We'll be there for about a weeks, then driving south to Brisbane to see Derek's Aunt and her partner as they're not coming down for the wedding, then going to a little town called Kilcoy for a few days to see his grandmother, who is in a nursing home and can't come.

It's going to be a long drive... A is where we are, and B is where we're going:

map_zps0877d761.png

I've bought my 'mother of the bride' dress.

My mother hasn't done that yet, and she's harassing me about getting stuff done that can wait a week or two or has been organised :doh:

Congratulations :-D

My daughter's is 14th December

That's my parents' wedding anniversary! They'll be married 34 years this year...

Well, I've got most of my stuff done. I still have to:

- Get the boys measured up for suits

- Get the rest of the stuff for me (fittings + veil and garter)

- Work out people to do readings and be the MC

- Finish up place cards and order of service

- Get some memory charms made up with pics of my grandparents and uncle

- Decide on music for the ceremony and reception

- Finalise the guest list numbers

- Meet with the cake lady

- Get pre wedding photos done

- Fill in the forms so it's all official :teehee:

- Paint a canvas so people can sign it instead of a guestbook

- Then there's confirming stuff and paying it off.

Actually, I'm not doing too bad! :thumb_yello:

Derek and I managed to get a free tasting of the menu a few weeks ago and luckily for us it all tastes goo. I've also sorted out the bridesmaids presents and my shoes.

This is what they look like:

A250.SIL_1.jpg

Of course, I can't get them in a 9.5, I had to get a size 10 cause the size 9 is way too small.

How's the planning going now?

Yes, we do...

We're driving to Bundaberg in Queensland. We'll be there for about a weeks, then driving south to Brisbane to see Derek's Aunt and her partner as they're not coming down for the wedding, then going to a little town called Kilcoy for a few days to see his grandmother, who is in a nursing home and can't come.

map_zps0877d761.png

That's great! I think long drives are perfect, lots of talking and bonding.

The planning is going, but I need some advice actually,

Listen up ladies: I have picked that my bridesmaids wear a peachy coral colour, what colour shoe (except gold) could they wear that would either contrast nicely or compliment well?

:aah:

map_zps0877d761.png

My mother hasn't done that yet, and she's harassing me about getting stuff done that can wait a week or two or has been organised :doh:

Well, I've got most of my stuff done. I still have to:

- Get the boys measured up for suits

- Get the rest of the stuff for me (fittings + veil and garter)

- Work out people to do readings and be the MC

- Finish up place cards and order of service

- Get some memory charms made up with pics of my grandparents and uncle

- Decide on music for the ceremony and reception

- Finalise the guest list numbers

- Meet with the cake lady

- Get pre wedding photos done

- Fill in the forms so it's all official :teehee:

- Paint a canvas so people can sign it instead of a guestbook

- Then there's confirming stuff and paying it off.

Actually, I'm not doing too bad!

Thanks for sharing the route; isn't technology great?

You've done lots to prepare and remember the main thing is to share your day and enjoy it!

If you're not enjoying any of the jobs on your list, don't do them and if you are; good! Enjoy! :-)

I've sent a photo of my dress to Afghanistan and my daughter approves :-)

Edited by Ruth

That's great! I think long drives are perfect, lots of talking and bonding.

The planning is going, but I need some advice actually,

Listen up ladies: I have picked that my bridesmaids wear a peachy coral colour, what colour shoe (except gold) could they wear that would either contrast nicely or compliment well?

And plenty of singing along to music too...

The complementary colour is teal (turquoise works too).

Some people suggested yellow anr orange.

Here are some suggestions:

http://www.groomsoldseparately.com/wedding-ideas-and-trends/wedding-boards/gss-wedding-inspiration-board-coral-and-navy-blue/

http://www.weddingsbylilly.com/coral-wedding-theme-ideas/

Thanks for sharing the route; isn't technology great?

You've done lots to prepare and remember the main thing is to share your day and enjoy it!

If you're not enjoying any of the jobs on your list, don't do them and if you are; good! Enjoy! :-)

I've sent a photo of my dress to Afghanistan and my daughter approves :-)

I've already handed over a job to mum. She wanted a live singer in the church so I said she could look after that.

Oooooh, yay! Good that she likes it.

lovely to read how all of your plans are going. :wub2:

it's hard to say without seeing a picture of the dress... my dress for the civil wedding was a bright peach colour and i wore cream coloured shoes (that i also wore to the ivory wedding dress a few months later). but i guess if you say peachy coral, it's darker. so depending on whether it's more red or more orange, the contrasting colours would be shades of green or blue... but depending on the style of the dress and the shoes of course you have to be careful that the bridesmaids don't look like clowns, if you choose a contrast. my first idea when reading your post would have been gold or silver glitter shoes, something like this: http://www.begabay.de/ebay/6000erShopfotos/6274.jpg - but like i said, it's hard without seeing the colour and style of the dresses. :dunno: