Los Angeles, CA - El Rey - 27 March 2013 - REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS

mellody

L.A., it's your turn! This is the place to share all your gig experiences. :biggrin2:

DSC02029_edited-1.JPG

(photo by tiibet)

==================

REPORTS

==================

tiibet: http://anothermikablog.blogspot.de/2013/03/quick-updates-mika-el-rey-theater-los.html

Sivan: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3892716&postcount=58

==================

PHOTOS

==================

tiibet: http://anothermikablog.blogspot.de/2013/03/quick-updates-mika-el-rey-theater-los.html

Press:

neontommy.com: http://www.neontommy.com/news/2013/03/mika-returns-los-angeles-his-origin-love-tour#.UVlSk9jg1Bt.twitter

restlesscities.com: http://www.restlesscities.com/2013/04/02/mika-at-the-el-rey-march-27-2013/

==================

VIDEOS

==================

Kevin D Campbell

(with Greg Wells)

CM

from Youtube:

YT user ednla:

YT user mmmmpopmuzik:

(with Greg Wells)

Edited by mellody
updating content - post 160

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tweets about the gig:

MIKA official @mikasounds

Sitting in the LA sun having a few hours off before soundcheck. So excited for tonight's show.

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 7h

Oh dear, I look a little like a watermelon. Kapuzi head.

music tonight ‏@music_tonightLA 13h

#livemusicLosAngeles TONIGHT: MIKA (@mikasounds) AT El Rey Theatre (@elreytheatre) 8pm SOLD OUT! http://music-tonight.com

Retweeted by MIKA official

Greg Wells @greg_wells 3m

@mikasounds

'that was a blast, and I meant what I said that no one knows how hard you work at everything, making it look easy.

I'm so angry!! Someone posted a video of Century Man even if Mika told to not film it!!! :sneaky2: Can we not do anything to delete it?

Do you think he's not aware that all those songs will end up on YT?

I'm so angry!! Someone posted a video of Century Man even if Mika told to not film it!!! :sneaky2: Can we not do anything to delete it?

you mean you were able to resist watching it? :mf_rosetinted: i wasn't, and i love it! :biggrin2: do we even know if filming still wasn't allowed in LA? and even if, we still don't know why they don't want people filming. if that song is from a movie, maybe it's the movie people who don't want it, and mika was happy with it for the first few shows, because he hadn't practised it that much before, so he commented on that himself. that's just one of many possible explanations. anyway if they don't want videos on youtube, i'm sure they have possibilities to get them deleted. if a new music video by mika is up on youtube on his official channel, it gets banned in germany within hours or even minutes - so they can do it if they want. it's up to them, not us. personally, i'm very happy about those good quality and complete videos by this yt user! finally! :wub2:

Yeah but it's not correct for him... :sad: The world is very strange sometimes...

You mean Mika is very strange sometimes...? :naughty:

We have no idea why he asked people not to film other dates. There have been old songs floating around on YT for days haven't there?

Anyway until he actually gives a valid reason I don't see what the problem is. We've been watching his concert videos since day one and trying to change the rules in an era where literally every single person in the room has a camera on their phone is ridiculous.

you mean you were able to resist watching it? :mf_rosetinted: i wasn't, and i love it! :biggrin2: do we even know if filming still wasn't allowed in LA? and even if, we still don't know why they don't want people filming. if that song is from a movie, maybe it's the movie people who don't want it, and mika was happy with it for the first few shows, because he hadn't practised it that much before, so he commented on that himself. that's just one of many possible explanations. anyway if they don't want videos on youtube, i'm sure they have possibilities to get them deleted. if a new music video by mika is up on youtube on his official channel, it gets banned in germany within hours or even minutes - so they can do it if they want. it's up to them, not us. personally, i'm very happy about those good quality and complete videos by this yt user! finally! :wub2:

Sincerely I didn't watch it... I'll wait a little bit more... I heard that filming was not allowed but of course there's always someone who breaks the rules...

But I'm happy that everyone likes the new songs! It means that they are really good!! :wink2:

You mean Mika is very strange sometimes...? :naughty:

We have no idea why he asked people not to film other dates. There have been old songs floating around on YT for days haven't there?

Anyway until he actually gives a valid reason I don't see what the problem is. We've been watching his concert videos since day one and trying to change the rules in an era where literally every single person in the room has a camera on their phone is ridiculous.

No no I mean that if someone tells you to not film why then you do it? :blink: At least, you can record what you want but you can have the foresight not to post on youtube just those songs that are not out yet... At least, it's just my way of thinking.

Edited by Lucrezia

Sincerely I didn't watch it... I'll wait a little bit more... I heard that filming was not allowed but of course there's always someone who breaks the rules...

But I'm happy that everyone likes the new songs! It means that they are really good!! :wink2:

No no I mean that if someone tells you to not film why then you do it? :blink: At least, you can record what you want but you can have the foresight not to post on youtube just those songs that are not out yet... At least, it's just my way of thinking.

Do you remember watching the making of Heroes video, Mika said he was told not to put it on the record, which just made him all the more determined to put it on, which he did,:teehee: so there's no difference really, and i've watched the videos, and i don't feel guilty about it, he knew they would be put on u tube:naughty:, otherwise he wouldn't have put them on the set list:thumb_yello:

I totally agree with you. It would have been better to respect his wishes and she should have kept the video to herself (or not film at all) instead of posting them online. On the other hand I am the worst hypocrite, because I did search for the video, watched it and saved it.

I know I should be embarrassed baghead

I totally agree with you. It would have been better to respect his wishes and she should have kept the video to herself (or not film at all) instead of posting them online. On the other hand I am the worst hypocrite, because I did search for the video, watched it and saved it.

I know I should be embarrassed baghead

Do you think you're the only one who did it? :teehee: