mellody

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A souvenir to share, enjoy!

Hi !

I'm so grateful to you for filming Mika during that LA gig ; almost like if we could be there !

It’s so powerful and yet so touching to see all his face’s expressions while singing.

Just hope you could still enjoy the show cause you have to concentrate on the filming process instead on the music and the guy :wink2:

Greetings :thumb_yello:

OMG - what a performance !!- Pure pleasure to watch this version of MYH :thumb_yello: And I so see his skill as an actor - once again!! :wub2:

I would like to think that one of the reasons this performance is so powerful is because he wasn't acting but it was coming from the heart. As beautiful as his performances often are I don't really find them very emotional (not that kind of emotion anyway) but this is rare exception.

I would like to think that one of the reasons this performance is so powerful is because he wasn't acting but it was coming from the heart. As beautiful as his performances often are I don't really find them very emotional (not that kind of emotion anyway) but this is rare exception.

Yes, I agree, it totally came from the heart, like meaning every word. Really emotional.

Hi everybody, thank you for the very nice welcome to MFC!

Before the LA show there was an announcement that Mika would be singing new songs, and that "we'd like to share them with You, but not with YouTube". However, I didn't hear about this until we were on our way out of the show, and by then I'd already shot every song. :chair:

So, what this boils down to is that I've got Century Man and whatever else was new. Someday when they've been officially released and if everyone agrees the time is right, I'll be happy to share! But until then I'm just gonna say my camera screwed up and I didn't get any new songs at all. :doh:

There's an electricity hearing a brand new song with the whole audience experiencing it together for the first time all at once. I agree with those who feel that by hunting down the new stuff on youtube, you rob yourself of this delight. :mikalove:

Thanks again for the warm welcome, see ya around MFC!

Before the LA show there was an announcement that Mika would be singing new songs, and that "we'd like to share them with You, but not with YouTube". However, I didn't hear about this until we were on our way out of the show, and by then I'd already shot every song. :chair:

So, what this boils down to is that I've got Century Man and whatever else was new. Someday when they've been officially released and if everyone agrees the time is right, I'll be happy to share! But until then I'm just gonna say my camera screwed up and I didn't get any new songs at all. :doh:

There's an electricity hearing a brand new song with the whole audience experiencing it together for the first time all at once. I agree with those who feel that by hunting down the new stuff on youtube, you rob yourself of this delight. :mikalove:

I totally understand what you say about the new songs but if you have a few more of the old songs we´d be also very happy because your quality is so so good, please. I´m really happy you joined MFC.

I really understand you. But maybe you could upload them unlisted and share the links in the members only area of MFC? You wouldn't share them with whole youtube / public this way, but with MFCers... Your recordings are fantastic, it was so great to watch your 3 already uploaded videos, it would be a dream to see more of them.

Edited by DerMoment1608

There's an electricity hearing a brand new song with the whole audience experiencing it together for the first time all at once. I agree with those who feel that by hunting down the new stuff on youtube, you rob yourself of this delight.

You do realize that for some of us, this delight is completely out of reach, and youtube is all we'll ever have?

Having said that, they're your videos and you have absolutely no obligation to share them! Just don't go thinking you're doing us a favor. :aah:

Your videos are beautiful, btw. :wub2:

There's an electricity hearing a brand new song with the whole audience experiencing it together for the first time all at once.

I totally agree with that as I was there when he debuted new songs from The Boy Who Knew Too Much and it was magical. Also no intrusive audience singing to mess up your videos. :wink2:

I agree with those who feel that by hunting down the new stuff on youtube, you rob yourself of this delight. :mikalove:

The thing is most of Mika's fans are in Europe and do not know when or even if they will hear these songs for the first time. They are not going to these shows. If he does perform them when he gets back to Europe it will be at festivals where he has no control over the filming and there will only be one "first time" before they are all over the net. It's not something that can be repeated.

Your vids are amazingly beautiful, thank you so much for sharing them! :flowers2: I saw the LA show and a couple of other shows in California and it was absolutely magical and I was dying to film something too (just for myself even not for uploading) but I knew it was not allowed and didn't want to do it without his permission. Even I had some vids I wouldn't upload them without asking him first so I totally understand if you want to wait with the new songs and I think it's the right thing to do. At the same time, I love the vids you already shared and can't wait to see your recording for Century Man, it's my favorite song from the new set list and whenever you decide to share it I will definitely be watching it again and again (and your vids are so much better quality than videos in general and really nice publicity for him, imo). Hope you stay around on mfc :thumb_yello:

:welcomeani: to MFC Kevin! I understand what you're saying about the new songs. But you can still upload any videos you might have of the old songs since your recordings are such great quality and everyone loves them so much.

Thanks once again for the videos you've already posted!

You're doing the right thing. while it's great to hear the songs on YT, if Mika does not want them shared for the moment, then it's right to honour that request.

I heard Century Man once, because it was there, but I was determined not to keep going back to it and it's gone anyway now, so I won't be tempted. I think it's a wonderful song and deffinately a Mika-song. It reminded me a bit of GK with the beat and the melody, but it is a great song in it's own right.

In a few hours this *might* be done uploading to youtube and this link should work. I think it's an old song 'cause Mika says he wrote it years ago, but it was new to us... The Only Lonely Man, enjoy! http://youtu.be/smajfogcRmc

[Currently youtube says "184 minutes remaining" while this uploads, but that is not always accurate -- sometimes it's longer.]

In a few hours this *might* be done uploading to youtube and this link should work. I think it's an old song 'cause Mika says he wrote it years ago, but it was new to us... The Only Lonely Man, enjoy! http://youtu.be/smajfogcRmc

[Currently youtube says "184 minutes remaining" while this uploads, but that is not always accurate -- sometimes it's longer.]

Like everyone else on here, I just wanna thank you for your amazing videos :wub2: If you keep uploading them, you will need your own fan club soon enough :naughty:

it is indeed an old song, it was released as a "b-side" on mika's love today cd-single in 2007. tho it was called "the only lonely ONE" instead of "...man" on that single, but it's the same song. :wink2:

thank you for uploading it, looking forward to see it! your videos are fab! :wub2: you probably used a camcorder? i wish my camera could film videos like this! :rolls_eyes: - tho i wouldn't be able to stand still long enough at a mika gig to film him that close-up without shaking. :naughty:

btw, do you have any of mika's talking on video as well? his little chats make the gigs so special, and i heard he chatted a lot at the el rey gig... :teehee:

Edited by mellody

It will be amazing, thank you!!!! I can watch those 3 of your vids endlessly, like meditating! So one more video - it's priceless!

I don't doubt that this is a totally honest performance, otherwise it wouldn't be that beautiful and emotional. But to be able to share, and present, your stuff in this way, I also think you need the skill as good actors have. This is what I tried to express - sorry if I made myself misunderstood ... :doh:

Love,love

me

There was a glitch uploading earlier, so that other link isn't going to work anymore -- in a little while try this link instead for Only Lonely Man...

Thank you so much, the vid is really beautiful. :thumb_yello: I really love to watch your vids.

I don't know which thread it should be posted...

GettyImages video ( same as

)

Dita Von Teese and Mika on Twerking Dance Moves at Chateau Marmont in West Hollywood at Celebrity Sightings in Los Angeles

http://www.gettyimages.co.jp/detail/%E5%8B%95%E7%94%BB/dita-von-teese-and-mika-on-twerking-dance-moves-at-chateau-%E3%83%8B%E3%83%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9%E5%8B%95%E7%94%BB/165201392

There was a glitch uploading earlier, so that other link isn't going to work anymore -- in a little while try this link instead for Only Lonely Man...

Amazing performance!!!

Such a great quality video, thanks Kevin! How many of the old songs have you filmed?

Thank you! Never thought I'd see this again after the points gig. This is going to be great in Brooklyn. Everyone will go nuts for the NYC references. :naughty:

I don't know which thread it should be posted...

GettyImages video ( same as

)

Dita Von Teese and Mika on Twerking Dance Moves at Chateau Marmont in West Hollywood at Celebrity Sightings in Los Angeles

http://www.gettyimages.co.jp/detail/%E5%8B%95%E7%94%BB/dita-von-teese-and-mika-on-twerking-dance-moves-at-chateau-%E3%83%8B%E3%83%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9%E5%8B%95%E7%94%BB/165201392

:fisch:

[YOUTUBE]TawtoCQovYM[/YOUTUBE]

I think is the same video,but I can't see the pics from gettyimages :dunno: