2013 - Sixth & I Historic Synagogue, Washington DC, USA - 10 April - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

Yes! She was so patient and sweet! Before the gig I was just shocked she was only going to hang around outside but after the gig I felt so bad she was so close but still missed something so amazing I really wanted her to get some quality time with him... Seems she did :wub2:

I HATE roaches! Esp flying ones - they might what the demons in hell are - so when he said 'and when they start flying , that's when it's really trouble' or to that effect I felt we bonded in mutual flying roach issues :lmao:

I love ur description of the mikeless-ness :wub2:

OMG afterwards I felt like bowing or kissing his ring or some huge extravagant gesture in gratitude!!

i'd forgotten about the flying cockroach bit he said, at the time it made me wonder if he was remembering the Cattolica gig xD

thanks xD

and yeah, that too! like i should bow and kiss his Loubis

Mika was really spectacular this show! :thumb_yello: Here is my video of Stardust. I was in the front row next to Nas.

Christina

whoa gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah edrgmlermjkgloergnjialrkgnmrpgojkalrkgnmalrgjaoegjalgnmkarlgmjapthignjlfjbnakrlthgjnmlrgmnSERLGJIOAELRTGNHMLSDFKNALERGHMSL;DFKJLGksnfgkldgrgljkgjerpojmrlgj ALL OVER AGAIN!

thanks for posting this :D

One more thing i forgot to mention in my report was the crowd. I was expecting half the crowd to rush up to the front if Mika made even the slightest gesture urging us to stand up and come a little closer. And the other half of the crowd i was kind of expecting to just be there cuz they read about him in the paper and wanted something to do and they'd all be too cool to clap.

So yeah i was so surprised everyone stayed in their seats until we all got up to danse danse danse. While Mika was singing acapella there was like not another sound in that whole place except when he wanted us to sing too. However, as soon as the songs ended, esp toward the end, the whole place seemed to just erupt with applause; even more than any other gig i've been to (tho that might have to do w/ those awesome synagogue acoustics). I was so proud of the crowd :thumb_yello: and since the after-gig went so well i'm so glad so many stayed to show their support.

Edited by kreacher

I'm still in shock over how EPIC the entire thing was. Before anything else, I want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH to Alice for the unexpected gift! That was so generous of you, even Mika made it a point to say so when I got him to sign it (I actually felt like a child being lectured on how to properly accept a valuable gift :teehee: ).

This was my first gig since 2007, and I can honestly say it was one of the best shows I've attended. Ever. I was first in line, and it was SO worth the wait. Mika's voice sounded amazing, and the acoustics in this venue were just perfect for it. When he first tried turning off the mic for Lola, I thought This probably won't last long, but it worked, and it sounded wonderful. When he did Stardust later on, I was like :tears:

"Magical" is the only way I can think to describe it. I know that may sound incredibly cheesy, but it's true. It's like we were all under some sort of spell (one that kept us all quiet anyway). Thanks again kreacher, for offering up your prime spot near the end!

Like everyone else, I was shocked that he actually took the time to see all of us afterward. I can't remember what I said to him when he signed my book, but I was probably spouting random nonsense (Always happens, I tend to have the worst luck when meeting famous people). Instead of just signing his name, he drew some weird illuminati-like sort of scribble inside the book. I thought that was cool. :naughty:

I had SO much fun at this gig, and I enjoyed meeting all of you!

Thanks again to Alice for the book! That practically made my day before the show even started.

Thank you Ladyeridan for the ticket (sorry that you couldn't make it. Hopefully I'll meet you sometime at a future gig!).

Thank you to kreacher and nas for being such good company in the queue (you guys made those first few hours go by much faster). As well as everyone else from MFC that I got to meet. I hope I see you all again real soon! :original:

You're very welcome 'PsychoKitten' : Hope you enjoy MIKA's 'Songs For Sorrow'

-- I really love 'Lady Jane'

-- It was fun to bring a surprise to a fan and

I thought someone who started the line SO early deserved something special.

Also nice to learn you are almost a neighbor.

Fangurling so much :swoon:

Thank you everyone who shared the vids , pics and reports :swoon:

Mika off mic is a dream :tears:

This must have been the perfect gig :wub2:

You guys all rock for sharing so much :huglove::flowers2::group_hug:

I love the vids and the pics :swoon:

The pics remind me of the Jam Session back in 2009 :fangurl:

His curls are back , his smile is so sweet and his voice is to die for :swoon:

Thanks again to all those who made me feel so happy tonight :huglove:

OK, i'm back to home after my short escape in DC. I've decided to go to this gig because the venue looks very special and i could visit a great friend of mine. We were at university together. :huglove:

You already made good reports. Thanks!

What to add?

Last saturday, i was at the Corona in Montreal and as you already knows, it was a amazing concert full of energy. With a crowd in fire!!!!:shocked:

This time, i expected something much different.....

And, how different it was.....Like a dream, like a priest.

Really hard to explain but printed on my heart. :wub2:

I was also happy to see again some MFCers. It's always for me a pleasure, for real.

At the end of the gig, he took time for everybody there. I spoke to him in french and talked about the DC gig and the Montreal one. I told him that i love the new song "Ma jeunesse" and he said that he was happy about this and that he plans to record it!

Finally, he put his hand on my arm, made me a little caress (yes, yes!!!!) and said: "Rebonjour!" with a gorgeous smile! :wub2:

It's was such a fabulous night!

To paraphrase Inigo Montoya...

Let me tell you about tonight's show. No, it is too much.

Let me sum up.

:swoon:

:stretcher:

F***ing Amazing.

When Alice says she's demolished... believe me, she's not exaggerating.

I'll be back in a little while when I have some photos, and can form cohesive thoughts.

WoW, this sounds like the best gig ever!!! I hope someone recorded Stardust!!

OK, i'm back to home after my short escape in DC. I've decided to go to this gig because the venue looks very special and i could visit a great friend of mine. We were at university together. :huglove:

You already made good reports. Thanks!

What to add?

Last saturday, i was at the Corona in Montreal and as you already knows, it was a amazing concert full of energy. With a crowd in fire!!!!:shocked:

This time, i expected something much different.....

And, how different it was.....Like a dream, like a priest.

Really hard to explain but printed on my heart. :wub2:

I was also happy to see again some MFCers. It's always for me a pleasure, for real.

At the end of the gig, he took time for everybody there. I spoke to him in french and talked about the DC gig and the Montreal one. I told him that i love the new song "Ma jeunesse" and he said that he was happy about this and that he plans to record it!

Finally, he put his hand on my arm, made me a little caress (yes, yes!!!!) and said: "Rebonjour!" with a gorgeous smile! :wub2:

It's was such a fabulous night!

Recording Ma jeunesse :fangurl: OMG that would be awesome.

Great review, it looks a very different gig than the Montreal one ! :blush-anim-cl:

After the gig I was expecting chaos as there were many people there and even when they told everyone to line up a lot of people were grouped around the path from the entrance to Mika's waiting car. I thought he'd be mobbed and eventually jump into the car rather than come down the line.

A girl who was unable to get tickets to the gig had come to meet Mika before the show. He walked in through the entry doors so we all saw him but he did not stop and his crew said people would have to wait for him after the show to speak to him.

The girl came back afterwards and I wanted to make sure she got in there to see him as she seemed to be getting pushed outside of the group and it would have been such a shame for her to spend all this time just trying to see him and be robbed at the last minute. Anyway I checked with her after he came out and she got his autogrpah and later I saw him hugging her and telling her if she comes to Brooklyn he could get her into the gig. I don't think that was an option for her but she still seemed over the moon to be able to have a conversation with him. I was really pleased to see it. He is such a good pop star!! :wub2:

He also did something incredibly sweet for an absent MFCer and as Nas says we can't really talk about it because I think it's still a surprise.

He had been in such a great mood right from the start of the gig and it carried to the interaction with fans outside. We waited at the end thinking he would never come and initially I didn't really want to try to speak to him anyway. It was very difficult for me to speak clearly with my voice and I knew if it was chaotic he wouldn't know wtf I was saying and I didn't want to get physically close to him because I am probably horribly contagious. :aah:

When one of the crew members came out we had a quick moment of banter and he put a folded piece of paper in my hand and said, here this is for you. Which was all very intriguing for a moment until I saw the date in the corner and realized it was just a setlist. :teehee: Anyway I thought I may as well get Mika to sign it since I had it and it seemed like he was going to come to us after all.

Fortunately because we were at the end and everyone else had started drifting away it was quiet enough for me to speak to him. For the first time ever I got a truly unqualified moment of recognition from him and he said "Hi, it's so nice to see you! How are you doing?" I reflexively handed him the setlist and said "fine" in a croaky voice. So then I corrected myself and said "Actually I have a bad cold."

Then he said "Get the f*ck away from me!" which made me howl. I wish I had it on video and could put it on an endless loop. As always, coming from Mika, a sign of affection or at least familiarity when he says something so rude. :roftl:

I thanked him for singing off mic and said how wonderful it was.

So aside from my hideous cold it was a perfect day from start to finish. I'm so glad I chose this gig. I had very high expectations and they were still surpassed by a mile. I want to thank our amazing Mama Mod for inviting me to her home and hometown gig and taking such good care of me like she does for all of Mika's fans whenever she has the opportunity. :flowers2::huglove:

OMG this sounds so great. It reminds me of the old mika concerts I've been to when I was still capable of forming words around mika. Now I just start stuttering and twitching awkwardly. Like on Tuesday at lepoissonrouge, I was so surprised when he shook my hand that I did an awkward head-nod thing. EMBARRASSING. I need to work on this. But thanks so much for sharing your night! It just makes me so happy to know that he's still so friendly and down-to-earth! I just get so intimidated and fangirl-ish that I turn into a goof. haha :mikalove:

I think I promised a summary today and I'm just barely making it.

I've discovered this human needs a certain amount of sleep to function.

'So catch up, cause you got an awful long way to go' . . .

sixth-i-sanctuary2.jpg

Going to church with MIKA is

a spiritual experience, for sure.

This show was my 5th MIKA show. My son-in-law 'Big Daddy Dale' has now been to 4 of the five with me.

We parked on a surface lot just steps away from the venue, so that was good.

Checked in to say 'hi' to a few peeps at the front of the line, then took a little walk to Zaytinya for pre-show din-din.

When we returned the line had lengthened considerably.

It seemed like the doors were opened right about 7 as scheduled. Headed for the balcony as I usually do and found a spot I liked ::

644373_10151542520817138_751806119_n.jpg

There is definitely something SO satisfying 'bout a 'home gig' & I experienced it for the first time. [instead me traveling to see MIKA, MIKA traveling to see me!]

Before the show started, and while the opening act music was still playing, the crew checked all the instruments and audio stuff to ensure it was as it should be. Like, for instance the height of MIKA's mic.

No question MIKA has an abundance of disarming charm and has become quite chatty during his recent shows -- which I think adds a lot to the enjoyment of the performances.

At this show he seemed to be basking in the joy of playing at one of the cleanest places he'd ever played. He ventured to say that typically the more famous a place is, the dirtier it is.

At every show I've been to, I'm always impressed by how mindful of and attentive to the audience, MIKA is -- noticing and directing attention to different sectors. At this show he spoke directly to a group who were going to have a comparatively poor view, saying 'If you're lucky you may see my foot under the piano.' [it sounds mean, but it was funny because MIKA said it in such a good natured way.]

Here he is looking up at me high in the balcony ::

561955_10151542520432138_1387754460_n.jpg

The acoustics all evening were so clear and pure and the best of the MIKA shows I've been lucky enough to get myself to. -- mic on or mic off.

As you have likely now seen the 'unplugged' songs have gained a lot of attention and were definitely very special indeed.

Everything about this concert seemed so right. Loved the concept, setting and style of the show.

The start of nearly every song was a tease, either MIKA starting to play, but then stopping with some thought to share with the audience or arrangements that were so fresh, & with unrecognizable lead ins, that you were really challenged to ID the song.

8641250891_b98d71cfa8_o.jpg

And boy was MIKA's piano playing fierce -- so much FUN to experience.

Max and Curtis were in great form adding to the overall effect, of course.

MIKA was wonderful with the audience: Funny, charming and with just a slight nod in their direction or a very subtle gesture of his hand they responded to the cue with the appropriate refrains with a lovely effect. GREAT STAGE PRESENCE.

There was LOTS of thunderous applause throughout the evening, most noticeably starting when MIKA sang 'Elle Me Dit' in French as the audience nearly demanded. (It seemed MIKA was happy for that.)

At one point MIKA said none of the shows on this tour are the same. In fact, a good part this show he seems to be making decisions on the spot.

I loved it when mid show he waved the set list in the air & ceremoniously plunked it down on the piano saying 'Well THAT's history' & towards the end of the show I thought I could read total surprise on the face of Curtis at one of MIKA's on-the-spot song decisions. Me thinks MIKA's keeping them [Max & Curtis] on their tippy toes.

9487121ca25711e2b78a22000a9f193c_7.jpg

To sum up, the show was a huge success, I think.

And even MIKA greeting fans afterwards was a happy time as well.

I believe everyone who waited to see MIKA was able to.

I had a brief visit with him --

which, no doubt, was an additional highlight of the evening for me

& MIKA graciously signed my 'Songs For Sorrow' Art Book ::

4_std.jpg

photofunia-7b48e6_o.jpg

Had been putting a bunch of boring day in/ day out 'to do's' on the back burner

to allow myself to be enveloped in delicious anticipation of this show.

Now back to reality and my very mundane 'to do' lists.

549955_10151501702677435_1986938652_n.png

Pop and Circumstance

Mika has taken inspiration from the Catholic Church,

Cole Porter and being gay in developing his unique style of pop music

Interview by Doug Rule

Published on March 28, 2013

http://www.metroweekly.com/feature/?ak=8235&pagenumber=all

Edited by A. Clay

Thanks all for the reports! :flowers2:

there are a few gigs i wished i could have gone to, my first was the Little Noise Session, but now, i think i can add this one to the list :swoon:

And Alice, i know what you mean about the "to do" list...

i found mine waiting for me on Monday :tears:

since no one's posted it yet here's the stunning mikeless end of Happy Ending....

[YOUTUBE]5eI2rZHgdrU[/YOUTUBE]

sorry i missed the first line of the mikeless part because i kept trying to keep my camera put away and actually watch him NOT through a camera viewer :aah:

EDIT: Posted to YT & fixed the orientation!

Edited by kreacher

i wasnt gonna post this until i figure out how to rotate it but since no one's posted it yet here's the stunning mikeless end of Happy Ending....

http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kreacher_mika/media/103_3642.mp4.html

sorry i missed the first line of the mikeless part because i kept trying to keep my camera put away and actually watch him NOT through a camera viewer :aah:

:bow:

i wasnt gonna post this until i figure out how to rotate it but since no one's posted it yet here's the stunning mikeless end of Happy Ending....

http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kreacher_mika/media/103_3642.mp4.html

It's ok. Thank you!:huglove:

Wow! It was so great!!!!!!!:blush-anim-cl:

so many gorgeous photos and reports that there's not much more to add ;) As a relative novice to Mika shows (DC was just my 4th show) - was utterly thrilled with the performance. What an amazing venue - so gorgeous; and I really preferred the stripped down show where I could really hear the sound of Mika's voice rather than a band (or screaming, sing-along fans lol). I saw the show in Philly and DC, but much preferred the DC show - the atmosphere and intimacy - just amazing.

I'll share a video - Emily - while not the greatest of quality (lighting was low and gorgeous - but my camera didn't like it as well as I did!). I liked the excitement and love from the audience during and after... made me want to see more dates :wink2:

I will say a highlight of the 2 shows was meeting a couple people on here - DCDeb - thank you! You're a dear - and nice to meet Christine as well - hope to have more chances in the future!

some of my DC pics, now even more craptastic than usual! i got less DC pics because, as others have said, the lighting wasn't very good for pic taking. also, from Lola and onward i gave up taking pics at all cuz i needed to focus on him instead of the camera viewer.

e7d4b903-22f7-4161-917b-44952af35dc3.jpg

5880b98b-4a7f-4813-8fcc-7e82c9d778b9.jpg

6ad40719-3a69-4693-8fc5-bb36a23feeda.jpg

44192493-8ed7-4e89-b660-a1a3b9bbfaec.jpg

a27db37b-8135-4c1a-aea9-eebca7af0042.jpg

4a132453-43f1-4bae-b974-66a94c30b5ce.jpg

one stolen pic as we were walking away after the gig...

4c54ae6d-f544-414a-8493-da924b357339.jpg

i've got a few more if you'd like to see them (including 5 of his uh.... middle area, all accidents i swear). vids to come later.