2013 - Sixth & I Historic Synagogue, Washington DC, USA - 10 April - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

Thanks everyone for your report, pics and especially for the videos!!

Such amazingly beautiful performances:wub2:

At the end of the gig, he took time for everybody there. I spoke to him in french and talked about the DC gig and the Montreal one. I told him that i love the new song "Ma jeunesse" and he said that he was happy about this and that he plans to record it!

Thats excellent news!! I was hoping to hear something along those lines, love this song so much:wub2:

Thanks for your lovely report!!

Thank you so much for your brilliant reports from what MUST have been one of the amazing nights ever! I am so pleased for you all, it looks and sounds out of this world. I am blown away with the unplugged vids and can only begin to imagine what it must have been like to have been there. But being able to share by watching the vids is the next best thing.

Thank you so much.

I guess this is the girl that Christine was talking about:

Yes she seems like such a lovely girl. I wish she'd stuck around before the doors opened and we could have gotten her into the show but Mika is a good popstar and made up for it later.

one more thing, when Deb & Christine found out i was just gonna go hang out in the train station for 4 hours until my train left they were willing to stay around and we went out for a drink (and ofc fangurled) :huglove: thanks so much, that really meant a lot!

It was so great hanging with you and Nas again. We all come from so far away but it feels like we're a little NA gang now. :teehee:

Mika was really spectacular this show! :thumb_yello: Here is my video of Stardust. I was in the front row next to Nas.

Christina

I have watched this at least a couple of dozen times already. Thank you thank you thank you Christina. :bow: :bow:

Even if I'd had a decent camera with me I would not have wanted to look away for even a second but I'm glad someone in the front row did. This is the single greatest performance of Mika's as far as I'm concerned and I don't ever want to forget it.

It was so great to see you again and I hope to be back in DC!

I just... OMG. Those pictures. That's Hebrew. My language. I can't believe it.. I can read it, and MIKA is in the same picture.... I'm speechless. It's like a dream, omg. I'm like :shocked: all the time..

:tears::tears::tears:

I thought of you as soon as we got into the synagogue. Dozens of people were coming up to take pictures it was so beautiful. What is that area called where the stage is set? Someone in the balcony was telling Mika but he couldn't quite understand them and mispronounced it about 3 times before he finally gave up. Is it sort of an equivalent of a Christian altar?

As well as everyone else from MFC that I got to meet. I hope I see you all again real soon! :original:

Me too!

OK, i'm back to home after my short escape in DC. I've decided to go to this gig because the venue looks very special and i could visit a great friend of mine. We were at university together. :huglove:

I'm so glad we could meet up in warm DC this time instead of freezing Canada!! Your friend is really lovely. I bet she's a real Mika fan after that show.

8642350330_70a707893d_o.jpg

Wow! Finally able to see these pics on my big screen. Stunning. :mf_lustslow:

I will say a highlight of the 2 shows was meeting a couple people on here - DCDeb - thank you! You're a dear - and nice to meet Christine as well - hope to have more chances in the future!

Yes, please let me know if you are coming anywhere nearby to see Rufus too!! Was great to meet you. :huglove:

I thought of you as soon as we got into the synagogue. Dozens of people were coming up to take pictures it was so beautiful. What is that area called where the stage is set? Someone in the balcony was telling Mika but he couldn't quite understand them and mispronounced it about 3 times before he finally gave up. Is it sort of an equivalent of a Christian altar?

Really he tried to say that?! That warms my heart a little :blush-anim-cl:

Yeah it's really similar, I think you mean the "Heichal" (היכל), (but not like "ch" in the word 'chair', it's more like 'Heihal' if you know what I mean) or some say it as "Aron Hakodesh" (ארון הקודש = Holy Ark).

In the middle, inside the doors, there is the Scroll of the Law (ספר תורה = "sefer torah") which is the most holy thing there, all the bible is written inside. In a Bar-Mitzvah party, the boy takes it out and holds it... super heavy!

It's not THAT hard :mf_rosetinted::shun:

And I thought about you too, I couldn't sleep that night! :aah: tell me more tell me more! :boing:

Edited by lollipop161

The girl came back afterwards and I wanted to make sure she got in there to see him as she seemed to be getting pushed outside of the group and it would have been such a shame for her to spend all this time just trying to see him and be robbed at the last minute. Anyway I checked with her after he came out and she got his autogrpah and later I saw him hugging her and telling her if she comes to Brooklyn he could get her into the gig. I don't think that was an option for her but she still seemed over the moon to be able to have a conversation with him. I was really pleased to see it. He is such a good pop star!!

It's so true. :mikalove: You were so good to check on her, too. I was worried about her not seeing him, and also that she would wait so long she would miss the last Metro home, but it all worked out so well in the end. :original:

So aside from my hideous cold it was a perfect day from start to finish. I'm so glad I chose this gig. I had very high expectations and they were still surpassed by a mile. I want to thank our amazing Mama Mod for inviting me to her home and hometown gig and taking such good care of me like she does for all of Mika's fans whenever she has the opportunity. :flowers2::huglove:

:blush-anim-cl: You were the perfect house guest, so you're welcome to come back any time. :wink2:

Especially if Mika ever plays that synagogue again. It really was the most special venue, and the whole day was memorable -- I don't know if it will ever be equalled, truthfully. I will relive the memories of that day for a long, long time.

one more thing, when Deb & Christine found out i was just gonna go hang out in the train station for 4 hours until my train left they were willing to stay around and we went out for a drink (and ofc fangurled) :huglove: thanks so much, that really meant a lot!

Glad we could help you pass a little time before your train. I'm also glad that we got you to the station. After my GPS died I wasn't so sure that I'd be able to manage it. :naughty: Christine had first-hand experience in NYC with how absolutely hopeless I am when it comes to directions, so she can tell you what a miracle it was that I got you to Union Station, and then got us back home. :teehee:

Mika was really spectacular this show! Here is my video of Stardust. I was in the front row next to Nas.

You are such a star, Cristina. This video belongs in some sort of Mika archive for all time. :swoon: It was great to see you again, and I'll be forever grateful to you for sharing this video!

WoW, this sounds like the best gig ever!!! I hope someone recorded Stardust!!

Hope you've seen it by now! So where have you been? Were you able to see any of the shows this tour? Thought we might see you in NYC again!

so many gorgeous photos and reports that there's not much more to add ;) As a relative novice to Mika shows (DC was just my 4th show) - was utterly thrilled with the performance. What an amazing venue - so gorgeous; and I really preferred the stripped down show where I could really hear the sound of Mika's voice rather than a band (or screaming, sing-along fans lol). I saw the show in Philly and DC, but much preferred the DC show - the atmosphere and intimacy - just amazing.

I'll share a video - Emily - while not the greatest of quality (lighting was low and gorgeous - but my camera didn't like it as well as I did!). I liked the excitement and love from the audience during and after... made me want to see more dates :wink2:

I will say a highlight of the 2 shows was meeting a couple people on here - DCDeb - thank you! You're a dear - and nice to meet Christine as well - hope to have more chances in the future!

Thank YOU, Paul -- I really enjoyed getting to spend time with you both in Philly and DC! And it was so sweet of you to send along the photos of my little meeting with Mika -- thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thanks, too, for sharing the video of Emily/Elle Me Dit! :thumb_yello: And as Christine said, whenever you're going to see Rufus in this area, let me know!

i've got a few more if you'd like to see them (including 5 of his uh.... middle area, all accidents i swear). vids to come later.

Yes, sure! The more photos the better! :)

It was so great hanging with you and Nas again. We all come from so far away but it feels like we're a little NA gang now. :teehee:

Yes! What she said! :thumb_yello:

Yeah it's really similar, I think you mean the "Heichal" (היכל), (but not like "ch" in the word 'chair', it's more like 'Heihal' if you know what I mean) or some say it as "Aron Hakodesh" (ארון הקודש = Holy Ark).

It's not THAT hard :mf_rosetinted::shun:

I don't think it was that Mika couldn't pronounce it, it was that he couldn't really hear what was being shouted at him. :dunno: But he did try!

I don't think it was that Mika couldn't pronounce it, it was that he couldn't really hear what was being shouted at him. :dunno: But he did try!

Ohh I see.... But that's the word? Or you didn't get it either? :aah: Because I'm curious now :teehee:

Yes, she was very sweet, we were so happy for her! :thumb_yello:

She was the sweetest girl ever! She didn't have a ticket, but she waited for hours before to get him to sign a picture for her...and when he went in, she was crushed. She decided to wait until he came out AFTER the show. She waited outside until he came out...such patience! She deserved it :thumb_yello:

Good job, MIKA! :mikacool:

I have watched this at least a couple of dozen times already. Thank you thank you thank you Christina. :bow: :bow:

It was so great to see you again and I hope to be back in DC!

Especially if Mika ever plays that synagogue again. It really was the most special venue, and the whole day was memorable -- I don't know if it will ever be equalled, truthfully. I will relive the memories of that day for a long, long time.

You are such a star, Cristina. This video belongs in some sort of Mika archive for all time. :swoon: It was great to see you again, and I'll be forever grateful to you for sharing this video!

awww i miss u guys!:wub2: i love the bit about the NA gang - i'm the southern representative then :naughty:

the vids were amazing!! i agree they should be archived!:thumb_yello:

something has been bugging me - remember when he started rambling on about singing high in the choir, and david's 'little bits'? :aah: what was that lead up to? i can't remember the song or the ending of the story!:aah:

awww i miss u guys!:wub2: i love the bit about the NA gang - i'm the southern representative then :naughty:

the vids were amazing!! i agree they should be archived!:thumb_yello:

something has been bugging me - remember when he started rambling on about singing high in the choir, and david's 'little bits'? :aah: what was that lead up to? i can't remember the song or the ending of the story!:aah:

He was talking about how he always got the women's parts when he was younger, and how a long time ago the higher parts, and falsetto, were considered stronger male parts. He said something about how David's "bits" (in the famous statue of David) were smaller, which was also a sign of strength. This was news to me, and I didn't quite follow it, but I guess it all had to do with him being assigned the women's parts back when he was singing opera. I don't remember which song it was leading up to now... :dunno:

Oh I forgot all about that David thing. Didn't he also say that he was playing women who were playing men or something? :aah:

These shows are already getting mixed up in my mind. That's why I wrote gig reports as soon as I could this time. I knew I'd start forgetting stuff very quickly. :huh:

He said something about how David's "bits" (in the famous statue of David) were smaller, which was also a sign of strength.

Now I wonder why he was compared with David himself (@1.34) :mf_rosetinted:

[YOUTUBE]lL2BbytQ2Vs[/YOUTUBE]

These are so great, Cristina. Thank you so much for sharing them, especially the Underwater video. I was hoping someone had captured that.

:huglove: