Jounieh International Festival in Beirut, Lebanon - 2 July 2013

mari62

Mika will perform at Jounieh International Festival in Beirut, Lebanon on 2nd July

Fouad Chehab stadium

Jounieh, Lebanon

490x368

The event was previously advertised as 3rd July, but due to technical difficulties the concert has now moved to Tuesday 2nd July.

For all existing ticket queries, please contact the ticket vendor.

The show is all ages and tickets are available from the link below....

http://www.ticketingboxoffice.com/mika-tickets/event/6556

http://www.jouniehinternationalfestival.com/

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:shocked::badmood:I was shocked when I saw this on facebook today.

http://stateofmind13.com/2013/05/02/homosexuals-not-allowed-to-enter-lebanon/

The Lebanese gay community has been protesting in Beirut since the mayor of a suburb city raided a local gay nightclub called " ghost " and forced its closure , arresting a few transsexuals , and emprisoned and humiliated them without any legal authority to do such a thing.

And actually LGBT center in Beirut has started legal action against that homophobe of a mayor. To protect himself he organized his own support from a local church , so it's been pretty tense these days , since he got the support of the ministry of interior in interim. That ignorant making horrible statements :sneaky2:

So who's going to this one ? :)

My husband has to go to Tel Aviv on business around this time and I may go with him, so I'll be in the "neighborhood." :wink2: But I don't think I'll be brave enough to go to Beirut -- just a little too unsettled there right now. :sad:

My husband has to go to Tel Aviv on business around this time and I may go with him, so I'll be in the "neighborhood." :wink2: But I don't think I'll be brave enough to go to Beirut -- just a little too unsettled there right now. :sad:

OMG to Tel Aviv?? And you too?? Come visit meee!!! :naughty:

Well actually there's nothing going on in the Beirut area , I've been there two weeks ago and everything was ok. the problem is how are you supposed to go from Tel Aviv to Beirut ? It's very difficult , both countries are still technically " at war ".

Well actually there's nothing going on in the Beirut area , I've been there two weeks ago and everything was ok. the problem is how are you supposed to go from Tel Aviv to Beirut ? It's very difficult , both countries are still technically " at war ".

Do you think Mika travelling to Lebanon, Syria, etc. presents problems for him entering Israel? I had heard something like this a few years ago as one of the reasons why he hadn't performed in Israel but no idea if it's true.

Do you think Mika travelling to Lebanon, Syria, etc. presents problems for him entering Israel? I had heard something like this a few years ago as one of the reasons why he hadn't performed in Israel but no idea if it's true.

No , shakira did a concert in Beirut and later she went to Israel. I think it's Mika who simply doesn't want to go there. And I can understand such a thing. I mean there are good people and bad people everywhere , but Israel has done very bad things to middle eastern people in general and to Lebanese in particular. Every day Israeli airplanes fly in our sky...etc...

No , shakira did a concert in Beirut and later she went to Israel. I think it's Mika who simply doesn't want to go there. And I can understand such a thing. I mean there are good people and bad people everywhere , but Israel has done very bad things to middle eastern people in general and to Lebanese in particular. Every day Israeli airplanes fly in our sky...etc...

Being of Lebanese origin won't help if he wants to get into Israel either, but indeed I doubt that's the problem. As far as I know, he's never given an opinion on the matter though, even when asked directly. So I wouldn't go as far as to draw the conclusion it's a political thing.

Listen I really REALLY don't wanna open this discussion, but I'm kinda furious right now to read that, so I have to- What do you expect Israel to do when it surrounded by enemies from all sides? Sit and wait for the next Holocaust?

Anyway, Sivan (you know her right?) asked Mika if he has any problem to come here and he said "of course not, I deal with music, no politics. They need to invite me"

Being of Lebanese origin won't help if he wants to get into Israel either, but indeed I doubt that's the problem. As far as I know, he's never given an opinion on the matter though, even when asked directly. So I wouldn't go as far as to draw the conclusion it's a political thing.

Well obviously , he's an international artist. He won't feel at ease talking about middle eastern politics. But wait , he's never been to Greece either ! Perhaps he just never had the opportunity to go there... :dunno:

Hey (:

I'm a 15 year old fan from Israel, and this may shock you, but I don't control the IDF airplanes! I'm a fan, just like you, just like everyone. The thing in Israel is this: There are no "bad" or "good" - there are just "smart" and "old fashioned". Luckily, My family raised me well and I believe in peace and I don't think arabs should die. People like me exist...

Anyway, Mika said more than one time when he was asked about Palestine and Israel etc., that he doesn't deal with politics, he deals with MUSIC.

Therefore I don't see a reason for you to bring the whole "Israel is just a big bully" issue.

And I don't understand why do you have to bring this up when you're the one who's going to a Mika concert? Just say thanks and that's it :thumb_yello:

Mika will be less than an hour flight away from me, you're gonna be there and you just rub that in my face? And then insult my country? That's not very nice...

Enjoy the concert, maybe you'll get to talk to Mika and you can gossip together about our prime minister (;

Listen I really REALLY don't wanna open this discussion, but I'm kinda furious right now to read that, so I have to- What do you expect Israel to do when it surrounded by enemies from all sides? Sit and wait for the next Holocaust?

Anyway, Sivan (you know her right?) asked Mika if he has any problem to come here and he said "of course not, I deal with music, no politics. They need to invite me"

You don't want to yet you did. I was merely trying to give an explanation to a fellow forumer as to why Mika has never been in Israel , perhaps I'm wrong. On a personnal level I might perhaps not agree with Israeli politics and actions since its creation , but I have never been anti-Jewish. I respect all people of all backgrounds. Yes I respect you even If I find the tone of your message to be rude.

Hey (:

I'm a 15 year old fan from Israel' date=' and this may shock you, but I don't control the IDF airplanes! I'm a fan, just like you, just like everyone. The thing in Israel is this: There are no "bad" or "good" - there are just "smart" and "old fashioned". Luckily, My family raised me well and I believe in peace and I don't think arabs should die. People like me exist...

Anyway, Mika said more than one time when he was asked about Palestine and Israel etc., that he doesn't deal with politics, he deals with MUSIC.

Therefore I don't see a reason for you to bring the whole "Israel is just a big bully" issue.

And I don't understand why do you have to bring this up when you're the one who's going to a Mika concert? Just say thanks and that's it :thumb_yello:

Mika will be less than an hour flight away from me, you're gonna be there and you just rub that in my face? And then insult my country? That's not very nice...

Enjoy the concert, maybe you'll get to talk to Mika and you can gossip together about our prime minister (;[/quote']

I believe in peace as well , and I agree with you , let's keep music out of politics. Again as I said before , I was asked a question and answered to it. That's all. I do have the right to express my opinion after all and I didn't insult your country , I said I don't agree with what it's doing , there's a difference.

I feel your pain that Mika will be so close to you , yet you cannot see him , hopefully one day there will be peace everywhere in the middle east :thumb_yello:

Sorry I did not want to start a discussion about why Mika hasn't been to Israel. I was just wondering if there was a problem presented at the border or perhaps with work visas when one has recently been visiting Lebanon, Syria, etc. (as happened in 2008 I think it was...?)

I only mentioned it because Deb was talking about (hypothetically) visiting Lebanon at the same time as Israel and I was wondering if this was indeed a problem or not. I have never been to the Middle East (and I'm not an American citizen) so I have no idea what is involved in entering these countries and was curious if there was any truth to the rumour I'd heard years ago.

I don't think there's any reason to speculate that Mika has any negative feelings about visiting Israel. As far as I'm aware he's never spoken about it before so we have no idea.

Sorry I did not want to start a discussion about why Mika hasn't been to Israel. I was just wondering if there was a problem presented at the border or perhaps with work visas when one has recently been visiting Lebanon, Syria, etc. (as happened in 2008 I think it was...?)

I only mentioned it because Deb was talking about (hypothetically) visiting Lebanon at the same time as Israel and I was wondering if this was indeed a problem or not. I have never been to the Middle East (and I'm not an American citizen) so I have no idea what is involved in entering these countries and was curious if there was any truth to the rumour I'd heard years ago.

I don't think there's any reason to speculate that Mika has any negative feelings about visiting Israel. As far as I'm aware he's never spoken about it before so we have no idea.

Christine , for the regular visitors , you cannot go to Lebanon if there's a proof on you passport that you've been in Israel. The immigration agent will refuse you enter the country . And I find this to be extremely stupid - there are many more ways for spies to enter the country ( because that's the reason being given by Lebanese authorities). Unfortunately The only way for a tourist to visit both countries is to ask the Israeli authorities - if they accept - not to stamp the passport , and then to leave Israel via Jordan. Or the tourist might visit Lebanon at first and then enter Israel through Jordan and beg the israeli authorities to permit entering the Israeli lands , they might keep the visitor waiting for hours at the airports to investigate.

On the other hand , VIPs can easily go from Israel to Lebanon ( via Jordan ) without any problem. Armin Van Buuren was doing a concert in Tel Aviv before coming to his Beirut's concert. And I think it works the other way back.

Christine , for the regular visitors , you cannot go to Lebanon if there's a proof on you passport that you've been in Israel. The immigration agent will refuse you enter the country . And I find this to be extremely stupid - there are many more ways for spies to enter the country ( because that's the reason being given by Lebanese authorities). Unfortunately The only way for a tourist to visit both countries is to ask the Israeli authorities - if they accept - not to stamp the passport , and then to leave Israel via Jordan. Or the tourist might visit Lebanon at first and then enter Israel through Jordan and beg the israeli authorities to permit entering the Israeli lands , they might keep the visitor waiting for hours at the airports to investigate.

On the other hand , VIPs can easily go from Israel to Lebanon ( via Jordan ) without any problem. Armin Van Buuren was doing a concert in Tel Aviv before coming to his Beirut's concert. And I think it works the other way back.

Okay so a bit of a problem for Deb, not much of a problem for Mika. :naughty:

Thanks for the explanation.

You don't want to yet you did. I was merely trying to give an explanation to a fellow forumer as to why Mika has never been in Israel , perhaps I'm wrong. On a personnal level I might perhaps not agree with Israeli politics and actions since its creation , but I have never been anti-Jewish. I respect all people of all backgrounds. Yes I respect you even If I find the tone of your message to be rude.

Israeli fans has a great quality to ADORE someone so badly only from their computers and hanging on with the hope to see him some day, even though he's Lebanese. because so what?

So maybe we should stop asking him to come by giving up to the politics? like, there is no point?

So yes, it was rude because it's not fair, we don't deserve to read here things like that about our country, You touched a nerve.

Edited by lollipop161

Oh Teta, that's my Teta :naughty:

You don't have cousins or friends who can go with you to the gig ? Come on Raya , he'll be so close to you ! Don't miss the opportunity !

Edited by cubitus

You don't have cousins or friends who can go with you to the gig ? Come on Raya , he'll be so close to you ! Don't miss the opportunity !

I won't be even in town at the time he comes, I just came to troll around I guess :naughty:

Edit: If you go, REPORT SO MANY THINGS, I'm relying on you for the news!

Edit Edit: And the rest of the conversation with my grandmother about it was hilarious :aah: She's funny haha, and to answer you properly, I would have went with my cousins anyway if I really came to Lebanon. :) I thought I would come earlier and at this time of the year but my parents reserved in September.

Edited by RayaBadran

Lebanon, it's your turn for a competition! This time, we have 2 pairs of seated tickets to give away to see Mika perform at Jounieh International Festival 2013 in Beirut on 2nd July! For your chance to win, just email us at mikacompetition@gmail.com with your name & age, the name & age of your guest and a contact number (put BEIRUT in the title so we know). 1 entry per person and either you or your guest must be 18+ to enter this competition. The contest opens now and closes on Thursday at 2pm London time - GO!

Lebanon, it's your turn for a competition! This time, we have 2 pairs of seated tickets to give away to see Mika perform at Jounieh International Festival 2013 in Beirut on 2nd July! For your chance to win, just email us at mikacompetition@gmail.com with your name & age, the name & age of your guest and a contact number (put BEIRUT in the title so we know). 1 entry per person and either you or your guest must be 18+ to enter this competition. The contest opens now and closes on Thursday at 2pm London time - GO!

Wow great ! I just sent the message to my bf , he wants to go...I couldn't free myself on these dates *sigh*

• 4 weeks later...