Fàcyl Festival, Salamanca SPAIN - 8 June 2013 -- REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

mari62

CyL / fàcyl

Mika cautiva en Salamanca

ical / salamanca

Día 09/06/2013 - 18.48h

El cantante de origen libanés no defraudó en su primer concierto en España

http://www.abc.es/local-castilla-leon/20130609/abci-mika-cautiva-salamanca-201306091848.html

El cantante y compositor de origen libanés Mika presentó hoy en Salamanca los temas de su último disco «The origin of love», en un concierto organizado en el seno de la 9ª edición del Festival Internacional de las Artes de Castilla y León (Fàcyl) que ha sido uno de los platos fuertes de la programación en esta edición.

Los ritmos de sus canciones hicieron bailar al público que se dio cita en el Multiusos Sánchez Paraíso de la capital del Tormes, para asistir al primer concierto del año de Mika en España.

Publicado el pasado mes de septiembre, en «The origin of love» el cantante ofrece sus composiciones más personales. Con más de ocho millones de discos vendidos con sus anteriores trabajos, el joven artista nacido en Beirut realizó en 2007 su primer álbum de estudio «Life in cartoon motion», con el que consiguió un premio de los Brit Awards y una nominación al premio Grammy.

LARGE size pic (2600 x 1806) http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7370/9000786583_630a8e9a2d_o.jpg

mika-concierto-salamanca--478x270.jpg

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mika cautiva en Salamanca como plato fuerte del Fàcyl

El cantante libanés ofreció su primer concierto del año en España para presentar ´The origin of love´

09.06.2013 | 13:31

http://www.lagacetadesalamanca.es/salamanca/2013/06/09/mika-cautiva-salamanca-plato-fuerte-facyl/95589.html

A.B. La actuación más esperada del Festival Internacional de las Artes de Castilla y León FÀCYL2013 se consumó ayer en el Multiusos Sánchez Paraíso con la actuación del joven compositor libanés Mika. En una actuación que atrajo a cerca de 2.000 personas, según confirmó la coordinadora del festival, Cristina Mateo, el joven compositor libanés estrenó su gira internacional en Salamanca presentando su tercer trabajo musical "The Origin love".

Su inacabable influencia cultural que va desde su nacimiento en Beirut pasando por París y Londrés no pasó inadvertida para los cientos de salmantinos que no dudaron en aprovechar la ausencia de asientos para inundar la pista desde la primera fila hasta la última. "Es algo que también pudimos comprobar en Supersubmarina como el público salta, se divierte e incluso interactua y está muy activa en las redes sociales", detalló Mateo. Entre los éxitos del compositor libanés no faltaron el ´Live your Life´ que estos días resuena en los televisores publicitando una conocida marca de cerveza o su inconfundible "Lollipop".

9001969232_0f5c11ff18_o.jpg

an article by Diario de Salamanca.es

http://diariodesalamanca.es/cultura/mika-felicidad-en-estado-puro/

El cantante libanés, Mika, llegó un poco tarde al Multiusos Sánchez Paraíso pero compensó su retraso con mucha energía y positivismo.

Empezó el concierto con uno de sus primeros éxitos ‘Relax‘,

Erm... no. He started with EMD.

Green jeans and a friend on stage is all that Mika needs in order to perform a great show. I wasn´t sure how this gig would turn out, since festivals are always a bit chaotic and many many times, a nightmare. But this one, despite de cold and the rain, was one of the more relaxed gigs I´ve been to.

He started singing "Emily" which suddenly became "Elle Me Dit" :aah:. I think I will never get used to a beginning of the gig with any other song that is not Relax. *sigh*

The great songs were there. Also Billy Brown :mf_rosetinted:.

I was waiting with enthusiasm to hear Live Your Life live. The chorus is really powerful and was fantastic, but the rest of the song needs a bit of glitter IMO.

WAG was really great. Also Celebrate.

About his interactions with the crowd were as funny as ever. He admitted he had cheated on us with Italy :mf_rosetinted:. The speech was like:

- I have studied Spanish for 10 years, and now... I´m studying Italian... and it´s like... it´s... as if Italian came in my brain and said "you Spanish language, get out the ****ing way, I need room" :mf_rosetinted: And then he added: "estoy embarazado".

Oh well. This means "I´m pregnant" in Spanish. Embarrassed and embarazado are similar. This is what we call "False Friends". Instantly people from the crowd started to congratulate him :aah: and so to go on with the joke he said the mom of his baby was Lola, and if it were a boy, he would call him Alice, and if it were a girl, he would call her George. :naughty:

I lost track of how many times he said "F*ck" at the gig. Really :teehee: he swears way too much. LOL

Anyway. About his voice: This has been the gig where the sound was the clearest. Never in my others gigs I had heard his voice soooooooooo clearly. I have no idea why, because it wasn´t a special venue, so I can´t say why... And even if in my vids it cannot be appreciated, it was really amazing live. At a point of the gig, it seemed as if he was losing his voice. I had Liliana by my side and we agreed. He reached the highest notes with no problem, but also he asked his mic volume to be turned up twice during the gig.

Lots of eye contact during the first part of the gig, but at some point he decided to close his eyes. Maybe to not realise that it wasn´t that crowded...

I have Stardust, Live your Life and his two speeches video taped. Not sure whether to upload them or not since it´s all over the net by now, so... But if I do, I´ll post the links, of course.

Another great opportunity to meet my friends again, and another great gig. I´ve been at gigs where he seems to be in any other world, but this time he seemed to be enjoying it.

Well... that´s all folks!

Erm... no. He started with EMD.

Green jeans and a friend on stage is all that Mika needs in order to perform a great show. I wasn´t sure how this gig would turn out, since festivals are always a bit chaotic and many many times, a nightmare. But this one, despite de cold and the rain, was one of the more relaxed gigs I´ve been to.

He started singing "Emily" which suddenly became "Elle Me Dit" :aah:. I think I will never get used to a beginning of the gig with any other song that is not Relax. *sigh*

The great songs were there. Also Billy Brown :mf_rosetinted:.

I was waiting with enthusiasm to hear Live Your Life live. The chorus is really powerful and was fantastic, but the rest of the song needs a bit of glitter IMO.

WAG was really great. Also Celebrate.

About his interactions with the crowd were as funny as ever. He admitted he had cheated on us with Italy :mf_rosetinted:. The speech was like:

- I have studied Spanish for 10 years, and now... I´m studying Italian... and it´s like... it´s... as if Italian came in my brain and said "you Spanish language, get out the ****ing way, I need room" :mf_rosetinted: And then he added: "estoy embarazado".

Oh well. This means "I´m pregnant" in Spanish. Embarrassed and embarazado are similar. This is what we call "False Friends". Instantly people from the crowd started to congratulate him :aah: and so to go on with the joke he said the mom of his baby was Lola, and if it were a boy, he would call him Alice, and if it were a girl, he would call her George. :naughty:

I lost track of how many times he said "F*ck" at the gig. Really :teehee: he swears way too much. LOL

Anyway. About his voice: This has been the gig where the sound was the clearest. Never in my others gigs I had heard his voice soooooooooo clearly. I have no idea why, because it wasn´t a special venue, so I can´t say why... And even if in my vids it cannot be appreciated, it was really amazing live. At a point of the gig, it seemed as if he was losing his voice. I had Liliana by my side and we agreed. He reached the highest notes with no problem, but also he asked his mic volume to be turned up twice during the gig.

Lots of eye contact during the first part of the gig, but at some point he decided to close his eyes. Maybe to not realise that it wasn´t that crowded...

I have Stardust, Live your Life and his two speeches video taped. Not sure whether to upload them or not since it´s all over the net by now, so... But if I do, I´ll post the links, of course.

Another great opportunity to meet my friends again, and another great gig. I´ve been at gigs where he seems to be in any other world, but this time he seemed to be enjoying it.

Thanks a lot for great report!! :thumb_yello: So happy that you had a good time with friends - and not the least with MIKA in top shape!! :wub2: When it comes to his swearing I sooo agree with you - I really can't understand why he goes on like this, it might only be a bad habit, but mostly people with a poor language is swearing a lot, so MIKA really should not do that - it doesn't fit the rest of this lovely person :shocked:

I hope you'll upload "Stardust" - one of my fav. from TOOL :fisch:

Love,love

me

I promise to write more as soon as possible :)

Now I''m uploading some vids (sorry, no full vids, but some Mika's funny talks).

The queuing was the best in my life (though, only the 4-th :) )

Thanks girls, I met new friends!

And finally I met Alba Mikasisiter in the RL! Thank you dear for making the waiting so pleasurable! And my greetings to our giftmaker DoReMi!

My first thought was when I saw Mika: :naughty: OMG his trousers are of salad colour! And blue shirt... and new incredible Loubi shoes ... But all in all this crazy mix looked cool!

He was very talkative and dancy, spoke a lot in the mixture of Spanish and Italian, Joked that when he was proposed to write a song for San Miguel he said that LYWID is the best choice (I only love you when I;m drunk - drink San Miguel!)

And of course he sang Live your Life.

After the show he appeared rather quickly (we didn't have to wait in such a summer cold of 11C), signed some stuff. My husband has a signed Mini Cooper USB with a British Flag!

I'm completely happy!

Thanks a lot for this report - how great that your husband could share your joy!! :thumb_yello:

Happy birthday - full of brand new MIKA memories!! :wub2::fisch:

Love,love

me

Oh please upload Stardust and Live Your Life! :pray:

And thanks for the reports and videos so far. He's as adorable as ever. :wub2:

My husband said, that after a years of knowing of GK (and being a bit fed up) this time he was really touched by Mika's performance.

This is my first tome of standing under confetti during WAG - and it feels fantastic!!! Incredible joy and desire to fly!

And we brought to our kids the big green balloon - the security guy gave it to us after the gig. Kids are happy :)

A couple of pics from the M&G. About the only decent photos I have. :aah::aah:

IMG_0516T-Copy_zps0b17345f.jpg

IMG_0514T_zpsefeadc75.jpg

Oh, I do not believe you, your pics are always amazing :wub2:

btw, it was nice to meet you and Sharon, even we didn't speak a lot because my english is not good it was a pleasure to know both of you :wink2: