Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

L.A. bound at last :blush-anim-cl:

@mikasounds 11m

About to take off from London to Los Angeles for two months of writing. Why does it feel like I'm going back to college?

:thumb_yello: Thank you for posting this - just what we've been waiting for!! :thumb_yello: I think I might know why he feels like that - MIKA really feels the pressure with this 4th alb. - and is afraid he won't pass his exams, poor boy...:wub2

Love,love

me

He says "writing" . Good Heavens.

When he tweets "recording" - I`ll be sure I`ll see the next album before I die.

#badfan #theminuteofmoaning

I wish him luck and fruitful work in LA, hope to see more reassuring news soon. #goodfan

Well I am finally assured that he is serious about working on a music project this year because up to now it was pretty clear to me he hadn't started writing in earnest muchless been recording. At least the process has begun and he'll be focusing on making music instead of a million other things.

He is the man who brought us Blur, Arcade Fire and Scissor Sisters

I don't quite get Arcade Fire, but anyone who's involved with Blur has to be good in my book! Exciting news, indeed. And I like the drawing. The guitarist actually reminds me of Graham Coxon.

He is the man who brought us Blur, Arcade Fire and Scissor Sisters

I don't quite get Arcade Fire, but anyone who's involved with Blur has to be good in my book! Exciting news, indeed. And I like the drawing. The guitarist actually reminds me of Graham Coxon.

Hey! Something more we have in common: I can't stand Arcade Fire...

Hey! Something more we have in common: I can't stand Arcade Fire...

They were on Saturday Night Live a while back, and my only thought was, "What the hell?" They strike me as being weird for weird's sake, and not organically quirky like Mika.

I'm a bit confused here. If Mika says he will be in LA for the next two months, does that mean all the recording for The Voice is finished? :blink:

Or will he have to fly back for the final stages?

I'm a bit confused here. If Mika says he will be in LA for the next two months, does that mean all the recording for The Voice is finished? :blink:

I think the live stages are at the end of March aren't they?

Exactly! Some people even speak of beginning of April...

So he has 2 months to work :mf_rosetinted:

Go go Mika! :groupwave:

Thanks ladies :thumb_yello:

Wow, so much Arcade Fire hate . . . I think they're amazing, and don't find them weird at all. :shocked:

Still, I wouldn't worry about it. Mika isn't going to suddenly sound like them, any more than Blur or the Scissor Sisters do. :thumb_yello:

I saw them when they were opening for U2 many years ago... I can't explain why, but they just don't make me feel anything...

I'm not worry about Mika, unless I hear something about a collaboration with them!

I know that Amir (one of the candidates) came back to Israel today. And Mika is on his way to LA... I hope that means he is still in :crossed:

Can't wait to hear some news about the album!! Come on mikaaa hurry :naughty: It should be out this year you know :mikacool:

I don't get the Arcade Fire thing either. And even more I don't understand why the Canadian acts that are most successful internationally are always the lamest :aah: I love Arctic Monkeys though. Are we sure this is the right Mike? If Mika is working with a different A&R guy that is very interesting...

Exactly! Some people even speak of beginning of April...

So he has 2 months to work :mf_rosetinted:

Why is the start date of these shows such a mystery? :dunno:

I really hope we move on past the electric blue suit phase soon in any case. :mf_rosetinted:

Have a question... Is it true that Mika smokes when he's writing songs? :huh:

I don't think so. Not tobacco anyway. :naughty:

A girl replied Mika's tweet saying: "maybe it's because of the excessive weed smoking you will be doing?"

So the first thing I thought was that Mika smokes :sad:

I think that was a reference to what students generally do at college. I've never heard of Mika smoking anything :thumb_yello:

I don't get the Arcade Fire thing either. And even more I don't understand why the Canadian acts that are most successful internationally are always the lamest :aah: I love Arctic Monkeys though. Are we sure this is the right Mike? If Mika is working with a different A&R guy that is very interesting...

Why is the start date of these shows such a mystery? :dunno:

I really hope we move on past the electric blue suit phase soon in any case. :mf_rosetinted:

I don't think so. Not tobacco anyway. :naughty:

Yes, I think it's the right guy, he's known to sketch people he's in studio with...

As for the blue suit, think we have one more show to bare!

About the live shows, I know they added a new phase in the taped show which could explain why people who watch the show previously can't really tell when they will be live. But should be April which makes sense with Mika's tweet.

Edited by cathouzouf

I think that was a reference to what students generally do at college. I've never heard of Mika smoking anything :thumb_yello:

He did mention in an interview last year about occasionally smoking cigarillos when he is writing.