Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

I thought I read something about him calling in favours to do it on the cheap?

Yup, he said so.

He has had more important songs that were saddled with a silly video. :naughty:

Still waiting for a Relax remake :aah:

I thought I read something about him calling in favours to do it on the cheap? The costumes look pretty lush but they may have just rented them.

I don't see any reason to not spend money on a video "solely for the French market" but I am surprised that this sort of epic period piece is being wasted on a silly song. He has had more important songs that were saddled with a silly video. :naughty:

Don't worry, I'm sure this will be a silly video too :naughty:

Am I the only one wondering why the video will be out at least two week after the song?

I may be old fashioned but I've always thought that song and video should be available at the same time in order to have a proper promotion.

Anyway I'm eager to see this video, I know it will be silly but I cannot wait :naughty: (yes, I must admit I have an exaggerated penchant for ridiculous situations :freak:)

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally thrilled about this vid and can't wait to see it.

But I'm wondering why they are recording something which is quite expensive just for a song that is meant for the sole french market.

Maybe he just wants to do it, no matter the budget. :dunno:

My own theory (only based on my thoughts) is that Mika hopes that this video will sell the song.

I'm actually thrilled he's doing this epic video for the song.

It wouldn't surprise me if the money for it is, mainly, out of his own pocket. This is what the stuff he has done (like the talent shows) have been for, to raise money for his own promotion.

I could be wrong, but Mika did say he was (basically) taking control of his own promotion, because the record company couldn't be bothered.

I could be wrong, but I just feel he's trying to make sure the song gets out there.

My own theory (only based on my thoughts) is that Mika hopes that this video will sell the song.

It wouldn't surprise me if the money for it is, mainly, out of his own pocket. This is what the stuff he has done (like the talent shows) have been for, to raise money for his own promotion.

I could be wrong, but Mika did say he was (basically) taking control of his own promotion, because the record company couldn't be bothered.

I could be wrong, but I just feel he's trying to make sure the song gets out there.

:thumb_yello: Again - I think in the same way as you Marilyn :blush-anim-cl:

After filming on the original set of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, and riding through a deserted western town MIKA wrote: " a childhood dream come true"

For this he's surely willing to pay what it takes ! :wink2: But I must say I'm very curious how the BBB song and this video "get together" :naughty: MIKA was responsible for the great vid. of Popular Song - so I trust he's giving us a really nice and great surprise now as well ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

Totally agree

And yes, I also think that the video will be the best promotion for this song... (even if I would have used this Napoleonic stuff for a song more like Origin Of Love...)

I really cannot come to termes when it comes to match the song to what I've seen. I'm really curious.

Two of the scenarios pictured have featured guns, so maybe they're going for a double meaning for "boom boom boom" and he keeps getting shot everywhere? :teehee:

There are new photos in black and white of Mika with the kids of the Association "Imagine for Margo" here:

Mika has also done a photo with every kid.Very sweet!

It would have been extremely mean not to, imo. :wink2:

The pics are really nice, thanks for posting :thumb_yello:

Totally agree

And yes, I also think that the video will be the best promotion for this song... (even if I would have used this Napoleonic stuff for a song more like Origin Of Love...)

How can you relate Napoleon and OOL? :aah:

Two of the scenarios pictured have featured guns, so maybe they're going for a double meaning for "boom boom boom" and he keeps getting shot everywhere? :teehee:

:thumb_yello: And maybe in the end he'll be sick of all this "boum boum boum" with women that keep killing him :aah:

Edited by Log lady

MIKA official @mikasounds · 23m

He has been a major influence for so many songwriters & his work with Carole King will continue to be a benchmark for truly great pop songs

MIKA official @mikasounds · 28m

Rest In Peace Gerry Goffin. A master songwriter and inspiring lyricist. I had the privilege of meeting him once thanks to Louise Goffin...

ON TWITTER

"Rest In Peace Gerry Goffin. A master songwriter and inspiring lyricist. I had the privilege of meeting him once thanks to Louise Goffin..."

"He has been a major influence for so many songwriters & his work with Carole King will continue to be a benchmark for truly great pop songs"

:thumb_yello: Again - I think in the same way as you Marilyn :blush-anim-cl:

After filming on the original set of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, and riding through a deserted western town MIKA wrote: " a childhood dream come true"

For this he's surely willing to pay what it takes ! :wink2: But I must say I'm very curious how the BBB song and this video "get together" :naughty: MIKA was responsible for the great vid. of Popular Song - so I trust he's giving us a really nice and great surprise now as well ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

I also think that the videos he made, prior to PS were probably more to do with what the record company wanted, or what they were willing to pay for.

This is more what Mika wants. I think it's going to be great

Not sure whether I should post this or not.

And not sure where this belong, but...

Patrizia Segre @patriziasegre · 57 min

@mikamusic_it all'opera per il suo primo libro ufficiale in uscita in autunno per @RizzoliLibri, WOW! @biancalaross pic.twitter.com/Rl0CQbRdQL

Mika is working on his first official book, which will be released in autumn by Rizzoli.

Rumours say it's a story.

Edited by Elwendin

@mikamusic_it all'opera per il suo primo libro ufficiale in uscita in autunno per @RizzoliLibri, WOW! @biancalaross pic.twitter.com/Rl0CQbRdQL

Mika is working on his first official book, which will be released in autumn by Rizzoli.

Rumours say it's a biography.

BqlkZJ0IcAAmyub.jpg:large053f6f2df942eb6f4231b4a0fdb857a1o.jpg

Oh! Great news! The whole world has written a book, and only a few people have something to say. Now it's time to do the other way round :wink2:

Thanks! So, it has nothing to do with opera :naughty: