Mika: "Louboutin started designing man shoes for me"

Mikasister

The problem is that it's not a discussion. People are just reiterating the same opinions and it's getting boring.

Couldn't it be that discussions are boring since his current activities are also boring and there is not much to talk about?

I really enjoyed reading all the concerts' reviews and seeing the videos. Sometimes it was almost like being there.

Couldn't it be that discussions are boring since his current activities are also boring and there is not much to talk about?

I really enjoyed reading all the concerts' reviews and seeing the videos. Sometimes it was almost like being there.

I agree with you. I think discussions deteriorate when there isn't much to say about what Mika is currently doing. But at least MFC is not dead and I'm sure we'll soon all have something concrete to talk about; and as you say I find it important that members continue posting reports, vids etc.

• 1 month later...
I will rejoice when Greg Wells or Jodi Marr say the songs sound like vintage Mika. Or that they exist at all. :naughty:

He may be planning to record the rest of his demos pre-2007 :mf_rosetinted:

I'm sad to say he's right about Britain. He never seemed to be accepted as one of us, not even at first. There was always this underlying attitude in the media, that he didn't belong....

You may be right but I don't think it had anything to do with his perceived ethnicity. I always felt like it was all about him not being 'cool' or willing to mingle with self-important people in the business as well as simply acting different than the rest in general.

In this interview it gets revealed clearer than ever that he feels 'hurt' by how he has been treated in the UK over the years. However, burying his head in the sand does not help. Maybe these talent shows, in which he can act like a respected artist whose opinion counts, help him regain his confidence..:dunno: That is his problem, though. I am disappointed by how he seems to be neglecting music making. He should book some sessions with Jodi Marr & co.

He may be planning to record the rest of his demos pre-2007 :mf_rosetinted:

You may be right but I don't think it had anything to do with his perceived ethnicity. I always felt like it was all about him not being 'cool' or willing to mingle with self-important people in the business as well as simply acting different than the rest in general.

In this interview it gets revealed clearer than ever that he feels 'hurt' by how he has been treated in the UK over the years. However, burying his head in the sand does not help. Maybe these talent shows, in which he can act like a respected artist whose opinion counts, help him regain his confidence..:dunno: That is his problem, though. I am disappointed by how he seems to be neglecting music making. He should book some sessions with Jodi Marr & co.

I agree that he was too exclusive, at first. I always understood his need for a private life, but I felt that he went too far the other way. The fact that he has realized that he needs to be more visible, in terms of his professional life, is good in my opinion.

I have hope for this year. He's doing his album now too.

We came back to the same discussion again... :doh:

Well for me it is like this:

1. Go to the talent shows in Italy and France to make MONEY!

2. Go to the studio to record new album (using MONEY)

3. Make the promotion for the new record (using MONEY)

4. Go on tour.

Of course he can sell his houses, risk all he has and then make an album and promotion. But Mika in 2014 is not Mika from 2006. He's famous enough to earn money for his records using less hard ways like doing couple of talent shows :mf_rosetinted: I really don't understand why fans don't understand (sorry :aah:) he needs money to make music :fisch:

And why he can't say he feels uncomfortable in the UK if it's true. I always have an impression he feels more cosy in France, so I let him feel what he feels.

But I agree with one thing: he surely NEED to make all the efforts to come back to the UK and US with his 4th album, because these are the main music markets :thumb_yello: And I don't mean XF or something like this :teehee: I mean MUSIC! He can choose the easy way and go to the places he's welcomed already like France and Italy. But it's not the best idea. He wanted to conquer the world and I hope he still wants it :blush-anim-cl:

I really don't think he does anymore

I don't think him being marketed as 'foreign' was the problem, personally I think the rot started with the videos for TBWKTM. That album didn't do him any favours. If TOOL had come first I wonder if things would be different...

And the reason why they sell more records is because they do proper promo when the new album comes out.

What has frustrated me most with Mika doing promo in the UK is that he tends to go onto online radio stations that most of us here never listen to.

So how that is supposed to get him any airplay on bigger stations completely baffles me!

These other artists, over the last few years made LESS money than Mika, the rich list for stars under 30 was testsment to that, as Mika was in the top 10 and the other artists weren't. So it had nothing to do with the money aspect.

Agree:thumb_yello:

I really don't think he does anymore

I don't think him being marketed as 'foreign' was the problem, personally I think the rot started with the videos for TBWKTM. That album didn't do him any favours. If TOOL had come first I wonder if things would be different...

I agree with you, that everything started going wrong in UK, with TOOL. But I blame the record company. We Are Golden is good, but it wasn't bringing anything new to the Mika universe. I See You is a powerful ballad which really brings out his voice, and Touches You is beautiful too. Either of these should have been first. Rain and BIOTG were just wrong as singles. But the choice of singles was made by a record company who didn't care about Mika's career, and just moved on to promote the next big thing

I remember Mika on that New Year show on Radio 2, when he played Good Gone Girl, because he felt it could have been a single. I agree with him. It could have been.

Mistakes were made, but all is not lost now Mika is taking more control. I hope for better times ahead.