Mika: "Louboutin started designing man shoes for me"

Mikasister

Switching careers???

It's not like he went on and go on Occupation double or celebrity chef...

I'm more a wait and see person, so we'll see what 2014 will bring. We're only January 5 after all:teehee:

Sure but from what I read these side projects are fully occupying him till at least January 17th.

And as Christine already very clearly said, we are not asking to completely remove those projects, but it is hard not to agree that they are his main activity right now.

Yeah yeah money to make music. I will believe that when we get a proper album in English this year.

And Mika feels abandoned by the UK, but has it occurred to anyone UK fans feel abandoned by Mika? Of course he feels at home in France. He is adored there without having to put much effort into it. But that is not the standard so he should not blame the UK or the record company. Both parties should put in the effort.

Perhaps I'm naive so let's see how it will be with the 4th album. I'm absolutely sure it will be a proper album (it just can't be other way) but the year not that matter because it's Mika :naughty: And we know it usually takes at least two years to make an album for him... I don't have illusions here :aah:

Let's say Russian fans abandoned by Mika, Australian fans abandoned by Mika, South American fans abandoned by Mika and so on... And he doesn't even say he loves Russia :shun: I feel sad about it, yes, but not abandoned.

And isn't it nice to be adored without any efforts :naughty: So I just can get Mika's love to France :wink2::teehee:

---

I love your sig, between!

He can't afford taking two years to release an album. No matter what he has done in the past.

And the difference between the UK and the rest of the countries abandoned is that the UK is his home country and the biggest music market in Europe. That's where his priority should be.

He can't afford taking two years to release an album. No matter what he has done in the past.

He couldn't afford taking two years with TOOL as well, but unfortunately it's creative process.

And the difference between the UK and the rest of the countries abandoned is that the UK is his home country and the biggest music market in Europe. That's where his priority should be.

I wrote the same in my firts post here. Absolutely agree, he must come back to the UK! But the fact is he's much more loved (I don't mean fans) in France and it's natural he feels better their.

this discussion sounds slightly familiar. :naughty:

i'll try not to repeat myself from the last discussion, but what i've read here makes me wonder one thing: how on earth do some stars manage to have a huge comeback after years of making no music at all? of course any mika fans outside of france and italy might feel abandoned, no doubt... but i wonder whether that really will have any consequences for mika. and that is a serious question. personally, i'm a very loyal fan - although i might not follow every step of an artist who's currently not making music, at least i'd stay on their official mailing list to get information, buy their next album once it's out and go to their gigs if they come to my hometown or nearby. only if their music changed to something i don't like, i'd stop this. why would i act differently, just because i felt "abandoned" by a star i once loved? revenge? that's a bit childish. maybe i'd leave the official mailing list if they sent out lots of cr*p all the time, but that's not the case for mika.

imo the majority of people just buy what's currently in fashion, stuff that gets played on the radio. and those people don't care whether the artist in question took one year or three to make his new album.

to get back to my initial question: if i'm wrong with what i just said, then how do musicians manage a comeback after years of staying completely out of the public eye? i don't know if anyone can say "if you do xy, you'll be successful" - music industry bosses would probably kill for such a formula. :teehee: so although you surely do have a point with your arguments - keep your existing fans happy, concentrate on the uk market - just because *we* think it would help mika to have more (worldwide) success if he did this, doesn't mean it really would be the case. unfortunately the music industry isn't that predictable. :dunno:

Ingie ... off topic ... cause we always have to at some point ... The Blacklist ... you're watching it right - I see your siggy vid ... good isn't it :thumb_yello:

Oh god I love it. Watched the last 2 episodes last night and I went to so many emotions, it was unreal. I already loved James Spader but now I adore him. He is SO good.

Back on topic: previous albums he said he had written half of it then it turned out months later he had done f*ck all. It doesn't have to take 2 years.

And Karin, forgive me but I haven't bothered to read your whole post. About the comeback thing, I hope for him that it will happen but once again that will need hard work and a lot of promo. Miracles rarely happen and he is no Justin Timberlake who can just f*ck off for 6 years and then score a number 1 album out of nowhere.

And no, it is not about revenge. It is about losing interest. If he is honest about it all it is different but I can't stand being disappointed time and time again.

You can't expect people to buy stuff of an artist who says A and does B and is not being a musician but a celebrity. You can't blame music fans for walking away.

Edited by IngievV

but i wonder whether that really will have any consequences for mika. and that is a serious question. personally, i'm a very loyal fan - although i might not follow every step of an artist who's currently not making music, at least i'd stay on their official mailing list to get information, buy their next album once it's out and go to their gigs if they come to my hometown or nearby. only if their music changed to something i don't like, i'd stop this. why would i act differently, just because i felt "abandoned" by a star i once loved? revenge? that's a bit childish.

It's already had serious consequences for Mika. This is not some hypothetical. We don't need to "wait and see". It's been happening for years. If people behaved in the way you described - joined a mailing list and then bought albums and gig tickets whenever they became available - then not only would TOOL have sold 2.5 million copies but it would have required zero support from the record company and zero effort on Mika's part aside from making a few posts on Facebook. They have over 2.5 million people effectively on a mailing list because of Facebook. It's not enough to get people to support an artist in any tangible way.

People don't move away from an artist out of revenge, but for the exact opposite reason they connected with them in the first place. If you loved Mika because you felt wrapped up in his world and one day he gets up and leaves it...well I don't know about everyone else but that's what I feel as abandonment.

Can Mika come to Canada every 3 months? Of course not. I never had any expectations of that. But I did have an expectation that I would not have to go to a foreign country in order to buy his album because I want the English version and not some medicore tracks made to cater to France. I did expect that if his career never took off in North America that I could at least go to gigs in London because it's his hometown and my former home too and it's one of the things that drew me to him and his fans in the first place. I did expect that if Mika took a year or two off it would be to either work on an album or the personal time he needs to build up to one. And not to adopt a new career and a million commercial side projects that are virtually impossible for me to follow given geographical and language barriers. I did expect that I would not need a translator in order to even read his tweets anymore.

So no I don't feel like I need to exact revenge. I just feel like I am barely connected to Mika and his work anymore so it is becoming less and less likely that I am going to bother reading those Facebook/mailing list posts and act on them in the future. I am friends with many fans who have come through here and even the former diehards, even people who still sort of call themselves fans...if I don't go to them DIRECTLY and tell them exactly what Mika is doing, they don't know/don't care. I even went to someone directly with free gig tickets in her hometown and she still couldn't be bothered. This is what happens when you stop feeling invested in someone's world because they've walked away from yours.

We came back to the same discussion again... :doh:

Well for me it is like this:

1. Go to the talent shows in Italy and France to make MONEY!

2. Go to the studio to record new album (using MONEY)

3. Make the promotion for the new record (using MONEY)

4. Go on tour.

Of course he can sell his houses, risk all he has and then make an album and promotion. But Mika in 2014 is not Mika from 2006. He's famous enough to earn money for his records using less hard ways like doing couple of talent shows :mf_rosetinted: I really don't understand why fans don't understand (sorry :aah:) he needs money to make music :fisch:

And why he can't say he feels uncomfortable in the UK if it's true. I always have an impression he feels more cosy in France, so I let him feel what he feels.

But I agree with one thing: he surely NEED to make all the efforts to come back to the UK and US with his 4th album, because these are the main music markets :thumb_yello: And I don't mean XF or something like this :teehee: I mean MUSIC! He can choose the easy way and go to the places he's welcomed already like France and Italy. But it's not the best idea. He wanted to conquer the world and I hope he still wants it :blush-anim-cl:

How many other artists out there that emerged around the same time Mika did are kind of in the same boat as he is at the moment?

There's James Morrison, Paulo Nutini for starters.

James still tours on a smaller scale, but in between time goes off writes songs for himself and others, takes his time making his albums, but when he comes back, he usually gets a great welcome and his albums get into the Top 20, if not Top 10.

Paulo went away after his first album, doing similar things to James, came back with a second album and went away again and is still making his 3rd album.

They didn't go off onto talent shows to be judges, they, and MANY other artists (Pixie Lott and Little Boots among them) went off to make more music, because that's what musicians do.

And Mika keeps telling us every now and again that that's what he is, a musician. So why can't he do what these other musicians do?

If he had gone off and written or appeared in a musical, I could understand that, because writing and performing is what he is exceptional at.

And he would have got just as good money doing that, working with the right people(Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, Tim Rice, Cameron Black).

So there is no need to go on these talent shows, when there are other, more creative endevours he could make the money he needs to go on with his touring.

I don't understand how people aren't seeing this!

How many other artists out there that emerged around the same time Mika did are kind of in the same boat as he is at the moment?

There's James Morrison, Paulo Nutini for starters.

James still tours on a smaller scale, but in between time goes off writes songs for himself and others, takes his time making his albums, but when he comes back, he usually gets a great welcome and his albums get into the Top 20, if not Top 10.

Paulo went away after his first album, doing similar things to James, came back with a second album and went away again and is still making his 3rd album.

They didn't go off onto talent shows to be judges, they, and MANY other artists (Pixie Lott and Little Boots among them) went off to make more music, because that's what musicians do.

And Mika keeps telling us every now and again that that's what he is, a musician. So why can't he do what these other musicians do?

If he had gone off and written or appeared in a musical, I could understand that, because writing and performing is what he is exceptional at.

And he would have got just as good money doing that, working with the right people(Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, Tim Rice, Cameron Black).

So there is no need to go on these talent shows, when there are other, more creative endevours he could make the money he needs to go on with his touring.

I don't understand how people aren't seeing this!

First: those two musicians makes Top 20 or Top 10 - it means they sell more albums and have more money.

Second: every person has his/her own way.

Third: I have no idea who James Morrison and Paulo Nutini are... But I know Mika.

I'm from Russia and I'm a head of Russian fan club. We get the huge amount of new members after Swatch ad with Underwater. MUCH more then after collab with Ariana. Collaboration with Ariana was about music and Swatch thing was about ad on TV. TV still have the power in this world. That is statistic which I saw. Pure numbers (I'm an accountant and love numbers :teehee:). And we got some new members because people was interested in who this judge of XF and The Vioce is (many Russian people live in Europe). Mika has many ways to let people know about him and his music. And we can't imagine which way will work.

I believe every appearence on TV counts due to my experience. Yes, France and Italy are not the whole world. But LYL was very big this summer in Spain because of the ad. So for me ad is the very good way to spread Mika's music :) And yes, it's better then talent shows because it can be international. But ad is not only about music and I see nothing bad about it.

First: those two musicians makes Top 20 or Top 10 - it means they sell more albums and have more money.

Second: every person has his/her own way.

Third: I have no idea who James Morrison and Paulo Nutini are... But I know Mika.

I'm from Russia and I'm a head of Russian fan club. We get the huge amount of new members after Swatch ad with Underwater. MUCH more then after collab with Ariana. Collaboration with Ariana was about music and Swatch thing was about ad on TV. TV still have the power in this world. That is statistic which I saw. Pure numbers (I'm an accountant and love numbers :teehee:). And we got some new members because people was interested in who this judge of XF and The Vioce is (many Russian people live in Europe). Mika has many ways to let people know about him and his music. And we can't imagine which way will work.

I believe every appearence on TV counts due to my experience. Yes, France and Italy are not the whole world. But LYL was very big this summer in Spain because of the ad. So for me ad is the very good way to spread Mika's music :) And yes, it's better then talent shows because it can be international. But ad is not only about music and I see nothing bad about it.

And the reason why they sell more records is because they do proper promo when the new album comes out.

What has frustrated me most with Mika doing promo in the UK is that he tends to go onto online radio stations that most of us here never listen to.

So how that is supposed to get him any airplay on bigger stations completely baffles me!

These other artists, over the last few years made LESS money than Mika, the rich list for stars under 30 was testsment to that, as Mika was in the top 10 and the other artists weren't. So it had nothing to do with the money aspect.

We get the huge amount of new members after Swatch ad with Underwater. MUCH more then after collab with Ariana. Collaboration with Ariana was about music and Swatch thing was about ad on TV. TV still have the power in this world.

Underwater is not about a television ad. That's not why he made the song. He didn't take a year off from songwriting and performing in order to participate in a TV ad. He just partnered with Swatch to market an already existing song. There is a huge difference between lending your art to commercial projects to promote it and foresaking your art altogether to make money doing something that doesn't involve your art. The people who joined your site did so because they loved Underwater, not because they saw Mika looking cute on TV.

And you know Mika can make money any way he chooses. But there are consequences to those choices. Some of them good and some of them bad, depending on what his real goals are.

Really,we must have this conversation over and over again? I think we all got it: Mika is the biggest liar,the worst musician,the most stupid person on earth unable to manage his career in a brilliant way (like some of his fans would do it obviously),the laziest artist on earth who can't write songs every day after a strict schedule,and so on.......

I don't understand why so much bitterness here lately? Yes,maybe he has changed,maybe this is what he wants to do.He said he is happy.Maybe he likes to be a celebrity in France in Italy :dunno: It's normal for an artist to lose some fans and to gain some others,he's not the first,nor the last in this situation.It is his choice to follow a path or another in life,and it is our choice to stay or move on,we can't control his options.I understand some fans are feeling disappointed,it's normal,people are so different,but we could try to be more kind and endearing to each other.I don't see the point of blaming on XFactor in every thread again and again.And who is entitled to tell which show is crappy and which is not? I think we have the right to judge by ourselves,no one has a diploma in classify shows.I could say Glee,for example,is a crappy series,but I don't,because I didn't watch it :dunno:

Anyway,what I wanted to say is maybe it's only me,but I wish the atmosphere here to be a little more relaxed and warm,we have a whole new year ahead :thumb_yello:

And the reason why they sell more records is because they do proper promo when the new album comes out.

What has frustrated me most with Mika doing promo in the UK is that he tends to go onto online radio stations that most of us here never listen to.

So how that is supposed to get him any airplay on bigger stations completely baffles me!

These other artists, over the last few years made LESS money than Mika, the rich list for stars under 30 was testsment to that, as Mika was in the top 10 and the other artists weren't. So it had nothing to do with the money aspect.

I agree Mika needs a proper promo and I hope he will have it with the 4th album :thumb_yello: But now he have to do it by himself. I hope he'll find a really good promoter!

So how that is supposed to get him any airplay on bigger stations completely baffles me!.[/QUOTe]

Simply: because the were the only ones interested. He for sure didn't put down the big stations and shows to go to the small ones.

Really,we must have this conversation over and over again? I think we all got it: Mika is the biggest liar,the worst musician,the most stupid person on earth unable to manage his career in a brilliant way (like some of his fans would do it obviously),the laziest artist on earth who can't write songs every day after a strict schedule,and so on.......

I don't understand why so much bitterness here lately? Yes,maybe he has changed,maybe this is what he wants to do.He said he is happy.Maybe he likes to be a celebrity in France in Italy :dunno: It's normal for an artist to lose some fans and to gain some others,he's not the first,nor the last in this situation.It is his choice to follow a path or another in life,and it is our choice to stay or move on,we can't control his options.I understand some fans are feeling disappointed,it's normal,people are so different,but we could try to be more kind and endearing to each other.I don't see the point of blaming on XFactor in every thread again and again.And who is entitled to tell which show is crappy and which is not? I think we have the right to judge by ourselves,no one has a diploma in classify shows.I could say Glee,for example,is a crappy series,but I don't,because I didn't watch it :dunno:

Anyway,what I wanted to say is maybe it's only me,but I wish the atmosphere here to be a little more relaxed and warm,we have a whole new year ahead :thumb_yello:

:teehee: and :thumb_yello: It all depends on taste only and we will never persuade each other :naughty: Let's just wait and see what will happen! I'm excited about the future :thumb_yello:

Simply: because the were the only ones interested. He for sure didn't put down the big stations and shows to go to the small ones.

It's very simple, exactly... What he supposes to do? Go by the doors of BBC and beg to take him in any show? Now he's taking his promotion in his own hands, let's hope it will work :thumb_yello:

Underwater is not about a television ad. That's not why he made the song. He didn't take a year off from songwriting and performing in order to participate in a TV ad. He just partnered with Swatch to market an already existing song. There is a huge difference between lending your art to commercial projects to promote it and foresaking your art altogether to make money doing something that doesn't involve your art. The people who joined your site did so because they loved Underwater, not because they saw Mika looking cute on TV.

And you know Mika can make money any way he chooses. But there are consequences to those choices. Some of them good and some of them bad, depending on what his real goals are.

I don't talk about XF only. I talk about television in common. His goals? To make music he can be proud of.

Mika said TOOL didn't have promotion it deserved. He realises it! He said about it in his lecture about marketing in Milan. He relied on his record company and they were not interested in spending money to promote him. Well, he knows it now. Let's hope he'll find the way to fix it :wink2:

I totally agree with you.

Because of these depressing discussions I'm not losing interest in Mika but I'm starting to lose interest in MFC ... and that's not what I want because it used to be a really great place where you could have a lot of fun. I'm still hoping the fun will return one day. :crossed:

And I think 2014 will bring a wonderful new Mika album and a lot of gigs all over the world and many opportunities to see old friends again and to meet new fans and make new friends. :thumb_yello:

Because of these depressing discussions I'm not losing interest in Mika but I'm starting to lose interest in MFC ... and that's not what I want because it used to be a really great place where you could have a lot of fun. I'm still hoping the fun will return one day. :crossed:

And I think 2014 will bring a wonderful new Mika album and a lot of gigs all over the world and many opportunities to see old friends again and to meet new fans and make new friends. :thumb_yello:

I feel the same... Last night, I almost made my new year resolution to stay out of MFC for a while...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.i find if I don't like whats being said in a thread, then I don't go into it( xfactor/voice)are the ones I avoid. Simples:thumb_yello:

I used to do that ... but these days the same discussion seems to show up in so many threads.

But maybe it's just my perception. :dunno:

Cause there's no "like-button":

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I feel the same... Last night, I almost made my new year resolution to stay out of MFC for a while...

No...:sad::tears::no: