Your Favorite Song by Mika?

ManonR

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite one is actually a French one. It's L'amour Dans Le Mauvais Temps (Love In Bad Weather) :wub2:

I don't understand French, but the melody of this song is just so... relaxing and peaceful. One may feel like him/herself again when closing his/her eyes to listen to this :wink2:

I think that the definition of perfection is this:

[YOUTUBE]mOqEF-YfkoA[/YOUTUBE]

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Now you know why this is my favorite song from TOOL. Also love Stardust (Mika singing alone) and LYWID as well :wub2:

I think that the definition of perfection is this:

[YOUTUBE]mOqEF-YfkoA[/YOUTUBE]

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Are you talking about perfection? :wub2: this is the Stardust I really love, also the CD version but this one is PERFECTION :mikalove:

[YOUTUBE]KwecZayH0Bo[/YOUTUBE]

It's hard to choose a particular song. Different songs suit different moods.

Rain is awesome- the perfect combination of a catchy pop melody with strings and electronic sounds (ELO-type idea) The pizzicato of the violins sounds like raindrops pattering and the electronic and stronger string effects almost sound like thunder (is it possible to have an onomatopoeic song?!) , although I'm too superstitious to listen if I don't want it to rain! Other songs like Karen, We Are Golden and Love Today are some of my other favourites because they explode with Mika's bouncy energy.

Some of the old, raw demos (and songs for sorrow) like You Made Me are great too, because they are very simple instrumentally and highlight mika's vocal and melodic skills. :blush-anim-cl:. Overrated (before the horrific TOOL version) is the most epic example of these, and might be one of Mika's finest creations.

It is definitely easier to find my least favourite songs- there are only two mikasongs I dislike- Overrated (untidy and thoughtlessly electronic version of the original song) and Make You Happy (very cold and unpleasant sounding). Having said that, the live version of MYH with Greg Wells on the piano that cathouzouf posted about is sublime.:wub2:

My favorite one is actually a French one. It's L'amour Dans Le Mauvais Temps (Love In Bad Weather) :wub2:

I don't understand French, but the melody of this song is just so... relaxing and peaceful. One may feel like him/herself again when closing his/her eyes to listen to this :wink2:

I love this one too for the same reason. It would probably be too cheesy if sung in English, but in French it is just perfection!:wub2:

Are you talking about perfection? :wub2: this is the Stardust I really love, also the CD version but this one is PERFECTION :mikalove:

[YOUTUBE]KwecZayH0Bo[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah :mikalove:, in fact Stardust is other of my favourite Mika's songs :wub2: :wub2: and I agree with you, I prefer this song in acoustic version and he singing alone :mf_rosetinted: I adore it :wub2:

• 2 weeks later...

I like all of MIKA's song , huuu it's literally a little bit difficult to tell which one I like the most. I guess "I see you" awww I really love it's lyrics :mikalove:

• 3 weeks later...

I could never choose ONE song that I love more than the others but, let's say : any other world, tah dah, origin of love, by the time, step with me, LYWID, l'amour dans le mauvais temps and i see you are the ones i listen the most to.

I could never choose ONE song that I love more than the others but, let's say : any other world, tah dah, origin of love, by the time, step with me, LYWID, l'amour dans le mauvais temps and i see you are the ones i listen the most to.

i might have said this before but i can't pick a favourite cause i love them all, but on certain days i like certain songs more and today my song of the day is rain.

• 3 weeks later...

i love so many for so many reasons so i can't really choose a favorite. but Happy Ending is the one i can always listen to, the one i think of first. :wub2:

......or Overrated, i love the lyrics & all versions of it.

Edited by kreacher

• 4 months later...

Wow this is hard because his songs are amazing

But I would say either: happy endings, we are young (from kick ass), we are golden, grace Kelly or underwater or rain haha mainly because of the energy he puts into these songs and the message of the lyrics i always find his lyrics powerful, inspirational and relatable! We are young and we are golden inspire me and I love them whereas happy endings and underwater relate to love and I like them too :)

I can't pick a favorite, as is true with any performer I like. My mood fluctuates and I can have several favorites in the course of a single day. I have a song that keeps me moving in the morning, though, and that'd be WAG...

It's a difficult question! If I feel sad or misunderstood I love listening "Stuck in the middle" "Over my shoulders", when it rains, I obviusly listen to "Rain".

My favourite now are "Origin of love","Boum boum boum":fisch: and "Sturdast" italian version with Chiara...but I also love "My Interpretation", "Relax", "Grace Kelly", "Love you when I'm drunk", "Heroes"...I'm waiting for the new album to fall in love with other songs!