Mika to be a guest @Italian TV program LE INVASIONI BARBARICHE 17 January 2014

mari62

It a kind of reminds me what happend in Bergamo, where children randomly passing by were allowed to jump the queue we did for 7 hours, with their whole family, parents, aunts, friends. Ok, it's not the same thing, but you get my point. Fans VS random people.

It's exactly the same thing IMO. I don't think it's a case of fans vs random people. I'm sure everyone are fans of Mika. But I don't believe in random "fairness" versus being rewarded for effort. I think it's the opposite of fairness.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sorry for people already in the waiting list. Now, poor fans, they are in the waiting list of nothing... :no: or in the waiting list for cancelation!

Are the few people yet in the Yes List sure? I hope 2 or 3 Mfcers at least are able to partecipate...

Ah ah ah Allegra, yes, I'm in the waiting list for cancellation, that's right! Well I just go on telling me that it was not my destiny and if i've never met him by now, it's just because fate has planned a first time better than all the ones i've lost! I'm sure :)

But all of you declared to be part of MFC in the mail to partecipate as audience?

Well whoever's fault it is I don't like it. I have always thought things like this should go to people who have earned it and not just randomly distributed among thousands and thousands of people just because they happened to spot a competition on FB. If people are following Mika so closely they know about all of his appearances in advance and take the initiative to procure tickets for themselves then why shouldn't they have them? Why should they be handed to someone else on a silver platter just for liking an artist on FB?

Exactly!we earned those seats and now we're going to be replaced by someone who just clicked "I like" on that page. It's not fair. We knew about his appearance in advance not because we're lucky but because we follow HIM, not a fb page, I mean we follow what he's going to do, where he's going to go etc every day and so we made efforts to be the firsts in things like this. Randomly competitions shouldn't be the only way to take part to things like this when there are fans who make efforts to know about appearances in advance.

I toooootally agree. Exactly my point.

We act as a network, as soon as I knew about the show I told some of us in order to spread the news and I bet others did it. This way we managed to write soon enough to apply for seats.

It a kind of reminds me what happend in Bergamo, where children randomly passing by were allowed to jump the queue we did for 7 hours, with their whole family, parents, aunts, friends. Ok, it's not the same thing, but you get my point. Fans VS random people.

I'm just glad perhaps that way some fans can join the competition and win, since some of us couldn't make it the other way.

Yes, Bergamo is pretty the same thing. I was in the queue since 9 am, among the first 20, and in the afternoon about 50 children (but also teenagers!!!) with their whole family jumped the queue. But the worst thing happened at Swatch where, after some hours waiting, policemen opened the barriers and so people who were just walking around went into the shop instead of us.

I know, everyone wants to meet him but things like Bergamo, Swatch or Le Invasioni are not fair.

But all of you declared to be part of MFC in the mail to partecipate as audience?

I didn't. I just applied and when they asked me whether I was a fan, I just answered I was .

I don't think it's a case of fans vs random people.
I wasn't talking about people on FB, cause I know they are, and some of them are mfcers I like very much.

I was referring to Bergamo thing, some families were just passing by with their shopping bags .... the rumors that the children were allowed to jump the queue spread. A eleven years old who was queueing near to me instead wasn't allowed because she was too tall for her age, so they didn't believe her. When she showed her identity card, they still refused to make her join the other children, I suppose they didn't want to admit they were wrong. Sorry for the off topic :aah: ... just talking about unfairness

Edited by Elwendin

I didn't. I just apply and when they asked me whether I was a fan, I just answered I was .

I wasn't talking about people on FB, cause I know they are, and some of them are mfcers I like very much.

I was referring to Bergamo thing, some families were just passing by with their shopping bags .... the rumors that the children were allowed to jump the queue spread. A eleven years old who was queueing near to me instead wasn't allowed because she was too tall for her age, so they didn't believe her. When she showed her identity card, they still refused to make her join the other children, I suppose they didn't want to admit they were wrong. Sorry for the off topic :aah: ... just talking about unfairness

In London, the security guys put up barriers, and anyone walking along and stopping outside who tried to go up to the door after the official closing time, were directed to the back of the queue, no random people got to push to the front.

One of the security guys was at one of the Brixton shows back in 2008, so he knew some of us.

In London (...) no random people got to push to the front.

One of the security guys was at one of the Brixton shows back in 2008, so he knew some of us.

Sometimes in Italy queing is a chaos! :wink2:

The security guy you mentioned was the policeman with the bicycle who posed in a picture with you?:naughty:

Sometimes in Italy queing is a chaos! :wink2:

The security guy you mentioned was the policeman with the bicycle who posed in a picture with you?:naughty:

Not sure, he was the big burly bald chap who was talking with us after while we were queuing after the gig around the side of the building.

Just received the email that I won the FB competition: I'm so so so happy!!! :boing:

:thumb_yello: And I'm sooo happy for you, you sooo deserve it!! :blush-anim-cl:

Congrats to both you and Nezza - enjoy it as much as you possibly can!! :fisch:

Love,love

me