Hi fellow fans :)

British_Girl

Hi, I think that you're supposed to post a thread when you're new (if not, sorry). My name's Molly and, as my username implies, I'm from Britain (yet I STILL haven't seen Mika in real life...). I have been a fan of Mika for almost a year, which I guess makes me quite a new fan, and it's the first time I've had a complete obsession with someone. I first heard Mika when I was younger, and would repeatedly listen to the song 'Lollipop' on my brothers ipod. A few years later when I heard the song again (I realised what it meant) but I also thought that the singing was AMAZING!! So I then bought the album 'Life in Cartoon Motion'. Not long after that I became a huge fan and can't stop listening to his songs. My favourite songs are 'Popular Song', 'Heroes' and 'Blame It On The Girls'. My favourite pic of Mika is the one in the signature below :) I was also wondering if it was the correct size, etc? Also this place is amazing and I'm so happy to find somewhere with other Mika fans! (my friends all think I'm crazy...)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy? No one here is crazy... no way...

(She says, as she works to adjust the straitjacket for better comfort.)

Welcome to one of the safest places to lose what's left of your mind!

Hi, I think that you're supposed to post a thread when you're new (if not, sorry). My name's Molly and, as my username implies, I'm from Britain (yet I STILL haven't seen Mika in real life...). I have been a fan of Mika for almost a year, which I guess makes me quite a new fan, and it's the first time I've had a complete obsession with someone. I first heard Mika when I was younger, and would repeatedly listen to the song 'Lollipop' on my brothers ipod. A few years later when I heard the song again (I realised what it meant) but I also thought that the singing was AMAZING!! So I then bought the album 'Life in Cartoon Motion'. Not long after that I became a huge fan and can't stop listening to his songs. My favourite songs are 'Popular Song', 'Heroes' and 'Blame It On The Girls'. My favourite pic of Mika is the one in the signature below :) I was also wondering if it was the correct size, etc? Also this place is amazing and I'm so happy to find somewhere with other Mika fans! (my friends all think I'm crazy...)

Welcome Molly! Oh I can't believe it, this has made my day!

It's been so long since Mika was even mentioned in the UK. I thought everyone in the UK, except for the few UK fans on here, like me, who joined in the good, Mika-filled days of the past, had forgotten he existed, let alone, knew any of the songs from the last two albums!

Now you're here, you'll be finding out all the things he's been doing in Italy and France, that have not been mentioned in the UK. As for Popular Song, It's done so phenomenally well on YouTube, I can't understand why it's not being played on UK Radio. It's an incredible song.

I'm going to pm you, as I'm one of the reps here, for England. This means, if you want to know anything about the forum, or want someone to chat to, I'm here for you. The other English rep is a lady called Ruth.

Look out for my pm. I hope you are the first of many new UK fans of Mika, on here.

Welcome!

Good to see a new British fan. Don't worry, people think I'm crazy too. But you have come to the right place.

That picture is also one of my favorites.

Hi :welcomeani:! I also like that picture (and I wish I was at the event associated with it [YOUTUBE]9EVYJb3WOko[/YOUTUBE] :wink2: ) hope you'll like it here!

Thanks for the video! :thumb_yello: (I really wanted to use a smiley, so thanks for the opportunity too). I never actually knew where the photo was from, and I certainly wouldn't have thought Mika would have been handing out ice cream. Really wish I'd been there... I'm gonna check EVERY ice cream van now!

Hi Molly :bye:

Yep, it sure is great to see a new fan from the UK :thumb_yello:

Goodness knows when we will next get to see Mika in the UK - and it would be my guess that whenever it is it will probably be a small gig - maybe a club. But I hope that you can make it. :thumb_yello: