2015 - MIKA & L’Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal - 11 Feb - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

guylainem123

ok:naughty::naughty: so my upload from meet up is over, ( took hours) who would like to watch:

Frauke, thanks so much for this! It's from a different point of view than the other videos so far, which I love. :thumb_yello:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not one to leave comments online usually I felt compelled to join this site and let you all know how blown away I was attending the feb 11 concert The story starts when friends of ours could not go and gave us their seats.

Having never been to the venue I did not realize how amazing the seats were about to be!

Sitting 7th row dead center I was engrossed and consumed by a show and performance that I will remember for years to come....

Knowing 2 songs super well happy endings and any other world from sytycd Canada and of course his big hits I realized I was going to be in for a treat with the mso involved.

My expectations were exceeded and then some as his voice transmitted through the concert hall with those wonderful other singers and the orchestra.

Other highlights for me were an ordinary man overrated take it easy and love today the finale.can't get them out of my head.

Now comes the surprise.....r u ready!

First I could not believe the fact that at that time it was believed that no one was professionally recording video footage for a future release. What could his record company have possibly been thinking?with cd sales tanking this would definitely be a huge seller!

This is a travesty I said to myself!

How does one waste such a beautiful oppurtunity to capture this rare event and preserve it forever.

It so happened that I had by new Sony camera in my bag from sightseeing earlier.

The rest is such a blur......

I must have been holding my camera on my lap and somehow....my finger must've touched the movie button because lo and behold when I got home I realized that I had beautifully captured some of his finest songs from that night on video!

Even more remarkable was the fact that they were the exact tracks that I loved so much.....

What was so funny is that a child was sitting in front of me that was so small there was no obstructed view ahead!

Could the stars have been aligned any better!

Wondering if anyone else from Montreal had the same thing happen to them....

Having watched this footage at least 10 times since that night I must figure out a way to share my footage with some of his biggest fans but being very tech naive and not wanting to feel as though his fans would disapprove of such an action I just don't know what to do.

It wouldn't be right to just keep it to myself.

As Oprah once said at her speech here in Montreal... What good is it to have a wonderful item if you cannot share it with the world!

I would love someone's opinion especially if you are from montreal on what to do.......

Btw what a nice surprise to have met his family briefly as they were all exiting a plush old Montreal hotel as I was passing by the next day....Just had to say hello- super nice and classy family......

Waiting for some suggestions and feedback..... Thx so much

Dear NorthlandFAN, you can open up a Youtube account and upload the videos as UNLISTED. This way only you and those with which you share the link to the videos will be able to watch them.

I just did it in the 12 Feb gig reports thread and would be very happy to help you out if you need. Here's for hoping you could catch Heroes and Ordinary Man, some I loved but couldnt record.

Thanks so much for your response.

Just watched some of your videos and was wondering if you recorded them in HD as they seem to be slightly blurry whenwatching them on my iPhone Occasionally going in and out of focus.did you record in 1080 HD and are they super clear when you watch them on playback.

You had a great vantage point and I was wondering if you were from Montreal as I am.

What is interesting is that you got videos that I missed and I most likely have some that you are missing. Tell me which videos you're missing and perhaps we can compile a Collection containing the entire concert. Wouldn't that be wonderful.

You were so close to the stage I'm sure you were nervous hoping that nobody caught a glimpse of your camera. I am wondering how many other people may have gotten videos from the concert as well.please PM me if you would like to possibly exchange videos in the near future.

Please tell me which songs were your favorites as for me they were ordinary man any other world happy ending the last party good guys heroes and love today. The sound on my videos are simply spectacular and you can even see the beads of sweat running down his face during some of the songs.

If anyone can find good quality pictures from the second night, I would love to see it ! I'm doing a poster from every gig I went, I found a good quality picture from the first night but nothing for the second one. :sneaky2: By good quality I mean something around 2000x1000 px.

I was sitting too far away to get a good photo of Mika the second night. :sneaky2: Maybe Guylaine -- she was in the second row the second night.

Thanks a lot ! He's incredible !

But, one question. How was organized the Meet and greet ? By competition ? :blink:

Emelyne, Mika Fan Club has a special relationship with Mika's team. We are often able to arrange special meet & greets with Mika through them, especially on occasions like this one, in which there were fans from all over the world.

We always tell people to RSVP to the gig thread, so that we know who is in attendance for any particular show, just in case the opportunity to meet Mika arises. That RSVP list is the list of names we give to Mika's team when they ask, and that's how we estimate how many fans we are requesting a meet for.

This meet was unusual, in that we had nearly 50 fans -- normally, we can't accommodate so many, but this was a special situation. Going forward, though, we'll probably have to be a bit stricter and limit the number who can attend.

Emelyne, Mika Fan Club has a special relationship with Mika's team. We are often able to arrange special meet & greets with Mika through them, especially on occasions like this one, in which there were fans from all over the world.

We always tell people to RSVP to the gig thread, so that we know who is in attendance for any particular show, just in case the opportunity to meet Mika arises. That RSVP list is the list of names we give to Mika's team when they ask, and that's how we estimate how many fans we are requesting a meet for.

This meet was unusual, in that we had nearly 50 fans -- normally, we can't accommodate so many, but this was a special situation. Going forward, though, we'll probably have to be a bit stricter and limit the number who can attend.

Oh, all right. Thanks :)

Sorry if I asked this question, I should have inquired on the forum. :doh:

Oh, all right. Thanks :)

Sorry if I asked this question, I should have inquired on the forum. :doh:

No, that's fine. It was perfectly OK for you to ask the question here! :thumb_yello:

I hope I answered it well enough for you :original:

Sadly, I could not RSVP, as I had limited computer and no phone access - which was why I asked that I be kept updated if one was going to be possible when I spoke to you directly, Deb. I left heartbroken that night, as I really had gone to quite a lot of effort to even attend the shows. I feel like a kid being so upset, but after the year I just had - which included homelessness and the death of a parent - I just wanted to be able to say "thank you" to the guy who got me through so much.

Sadly, I could not RSVP, as I had limited computer and no phone access - which was why I asked that I be kept updated if one was going to be possible when I spoke to you directly, Deb. I left heartbroken that night, as I really had gone to quite a lot of effort to even attend the shows. I feel like a kid being so upset, but after the year I just had - which included homelessness and the death of a parent - I just wanted to be able to say "thank you" to the guy who got me through so much.

Kez, even if you had RSVP'd, it wouldn't have mattered in this case. The sad truth is that you were not at the concert, you were OUTSIDE the venue and the meet & greet was INSIDE the venue. I feel that you're implying that you were excluded intentionally and that's certainly not the case -- you may have asked to be notified if "something" was going to happen, but the meet & greet was for MFCers who had been at the concert. If you had been at the concert, I'm sure you would have been at the meet as well.

That said, I am really sorry that you didn't get to be part of the meet & greet. And I'm sorry for the other MFCers who were at the concerts the first two nights who weren't able to get into the meet because it happened on the third night. And I'm sorry for any MFCer who was at the concert the third night who didn't get into the meet for whatever reason. And I'm sorry for any MFCer who was actually at the meet who didn't have the chance to talk to Mika directly (and that group would include ME!).

The truth is, no matter how hard we try, no matter what we do, there is always someone who is going to be left out somehow. These things are always organized at the very last minute, and we are not perfect. Life is not perfect.

I have been asking for a private MFC meet & greet with Mika at these concerts every day since, oh, about October. I had no idea if or when such a meet was going to happen because it's all at Mika's discretion -- based on how he's feeling and his other commitments. Do you know when I found out? At about 6:30 p.m. while I was in the middle of dinner that night. I had to rush directly to the venue, where I was told that the room was going to be quite small, that there would be a reception going on next door and that we absolutely could not have any more than the 45-50 MFCers that were on our RSVP list because we would need to be quiet and Mika wouldn't have much time. Guylaine and I had to scramble to contact everyone on the RSVP list to let them know that something might happen. I had spotty cell service inside the venue, so actually walked around before the show looking for MFCers.

Because of time and size constraints, we had to keep the group at the number of MFCers we had told Mika's team and the venue's team that we had with us. We went out of our way to include as many fans as we could, we pushed the limit I would say -- normally they tell me to limit the group to 20-25 at MOST. I'm grateful they didn't do that this time, and twice that many fans got to see Mika, for a minute.

Again, I'm sorry that you didn't get a minute to speak to Mika. I know how much it would have meant to you, because I know how much it means to all of us to have a moment with him. It's unfortunate that things worked out this way, but at least you got to experience the concerts, which you didn't think would happen. And, as Mika himself has said, even if you don't think there ever will be, "there's always a next time."

Kez, even if you had RSVP'd, it wouldn't have mattered in this case. The sad truth is that you were not at the concert, you were OUTSIDE the venue and the meet & greet was INSIDE the venue. I feel that you're implying that you were excluded intentionally and that's certainly not the case -- you may have asked to be notified if "something" was going to happen, but the meet & greet was for MFCers who had been at the concert. If you had been at the concert, I'm sure you would have been at the meet as well.

That said, I am really sorry that you didn't get to be part of the meet & greet. And I'm sorry for the other MFCers who were at the concerts the first two nights who weren't able to get into the meet because it happened on the third night. And I'm sorry for any MFCer who was at the concert the third night who didn't get into the meet for whatever reason. And I'm sorry for any MFCer who was actually at the meet who didn't have the chance to talk to Mika directly (and that group would include ME!).

The truth is, no matter how hard we try, no matter what we do, there is always someone who is going to be left out somehow. These things are always organized at the very last minute, and we are not perfect. Life is not perfect.

I have been asking for a private MFC meet & greet with Mika at these concerts every day since, oh, about October. I had no idea if or when such a meet was going to happen because it's all at Mika's discretion -- based on how he's feeling and his other commitments. Do you know when I found out? At about 6:30 p.m. while I was in the middle of dinner that night. I had to rush directly to the venue, where I was told that the room was going to be quite small, that there would be a reception going on next door and that we absolutely could not have any more than the 45-50 MFCers that were on our RSVP list because we would need to be quiet and Mika wouldn't have much time. Guylaine and I had to scramble to contact everyone on the RSVP list to let them know that something might happen. I had spotty cell service inside the venue, so actually walked around before the show looking for MFCers.

Because of time and size constraints, we had to keep the group at the number of MFCers we had told Mika's team and the venue's team that we had with us. We went out of our way to include as many fans as we could, we pushed the limit I would say -- normally they tell me to limit the group to 20-25 at MOST. I'm grateful they didn't do that this time, and twice that many fans got to see Mika, for a minute.

Again, I'm sorry that you didn't get a minute to speak to Mika. I know how much it would have meant to you, because I know how much it means to all of us to have a moment with him. It's unfortunate that things worked out this way, but at least you got to experience the concerts, which you didn't think would happen. And, as Mika himself has said, even if you don't think there ever will be, "there's always a next time."

Just want to let you know I truly appreciated all you do for us:huglove:

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

ok:naughty::naughty: so my upload from meet up is over, ( took hours) who would like to watch:

Thank you so much for uploading this vid.:thumb_yello:

I have a short video of M&G.

^^

Although I had not any intention, I'm sorry for taking a lot of time to talk with mika. And, I'm really appreciate a kindheartedness and helpful of the mfc's members.

Edited by MyEtoileMk

Just want to let you know I truly appreciated all you do for us:huglove:

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

:thumb_yello: For anyone who doesn't know this already I would like to point out that no one would ever experience a M&G if it was not for Deb's hard work and personal sacrifice. Sacrifice of her own time and sacrifice of getting access to Mika herself.

While disappointment at being left out is understandable it is not reasonable to expect Deb to do anything more than what she does already. I guarantee you there is no one in Mikaland who is more capable and more willing to help MFCers than she is. And she does it for no compensation beyond the satisfaction of knowing that MFCers are getting the best possible experience that Mika and his team will agree to.

I must admit Deb is much more diplomatic then i could have been when faced with such message :naughty:

I was with Deb when she was trying to get this whole thing off the ground, when she got the phone call & had to interrupt her meal and run to get detailed information.

And for this, she did NOT get to speak to Mika, did NOT get close to Mika, unless you count when she went to the front to get people to move along, so others could get some "Mika time" ... that should count no??? :sneaky2:

For the record i also did NOT get any time with Mika and i know of a few other fans who didn't. And for the record, it took me 5 years to get my first "special" Mika experience... But that doesn't mean i didn't enjoy my concert experience. Meeting Mika is a bonus, not an expectation

So, again... "no good deed goes unpunished" applies in this case.

Edited by guylainem123

For the record i also did NOT get any time with Mika and i know of a few other fans who didn't. And for the record, it took me 5 years to get my first "special" Mika experience... But that doesn't mean i didn't enjoy my concert experience. Meeting Mika is a bonus, not an expectation

Again worth reiterating for fans that are new to MFC and attending Mika concerts in general. Many people on MFC have met Mika but many of them have also been at it for years so it is not as easy as it may appear to be.

I went to the UK in 2007 and not only did I not get to have a word with Mika he did not show up for two of the scheduled performances! I went back to the UK several months later and even though there was a 90 minute party with Mika I could still not get anywhere near him. It took me 7 gigs, 2 trips across an ocean, 1 trip across a continent and 2 and a half years to get to speak to Mika face to face.

I appreciate the effort that many went to to attend the gigs in Montreal but this is just how it goes and unless Mika himself promises you a meeting no one is under any obligation to provide you with one.

I must say, I am a bit shocked at the sense of entitlement I see here. I think people seem to forget that they still only buy a ticket to a concert which does not include a meet&greet. And I think that ESPECIALLY when you were not even at the concert, you cannot expect Deb to get you in any way and I would even go as far as saying that it is incredibly rude to accuse Deb of leaving you out as YOU are the one who told her to keep you updated and as I read it here, she did not promise you anything. We all go through tough times, but that does not mean that we all have a right to get what others get. Does it suck? Certainly, but Deb is not to blame. I do think that many here underestimate the amount of work it is to organise a meet&greet. Having ventured into it myself once, I can assure you it causes a lot of stress and worry and when people have the audacity to complain afterwards for whatever reason is incredibly hurtful. Deb tried her best to organise this without getting rewarded herself for her hard work. THAT is what I call unfair. The fact that you missed out might suck but I do not see it as unfair as you did not even attend the concert in question.

Having said that, I watched the M&G video with mixed feelings. I loved his speech, but I find it rude that nobody ever even considered letting Deb go to the front to speak with Mika. She hadn't seen him in two years. And a lot of people who were at the front and kept him busy were the ones who have seen him multiple times in the past few months already or even the day before. Why is it so hard to then say "You know what, I've had my share of Mika already, I will give others the opportunity to have a word with him." This is a rhetorical question, I know, but I find it incredibly rude that the thanks Deb gets for organising this all, is having to stand in the back. I just do not comprehend it.

Edited by IngievV

I've been a Mikafan for many years now and I have to say that I'm always kind of shocked to see comments like yours Kezza...

I was eating with Deb and Guylaine when Deb received the phone call telling her a M&G would take place. Therefore I saw how she stopped everything she was doing to get to the venue and learn more about it... i also saw how she tried to make sure everyone was aware of it before the show, even though she only had very little time to do so, and how worried she was to make sure everyone on the RSVP list would be allowed to get in... I saw how anxious she was the previous nights, hoping that a M&G would take place for everyone but not knowing if yes or no until the very last minute, nor how many people would actually be involved... and most of all I saw how Deb stayed at the back and did not even try to get close to mika or speak with him during the M&G...

I admit it looks kind of unfair to me to blame the one person giving her personnal time and energy, already months before the shows, to make sure MFCers would get a chance to see Mika...

Of course I can perfectly understand how disappointing it is not to be able to take part to a M&G as I've experienced it a few times myself. And I can also get how having a little "private" time with Mika in order to say thank you etc.. would be a dream coming true as I, like so many others, share this dream too. What I don't get is how one can blame someone else about that... I mean, we all know it's not smthg happening very frequently. That's just the way it is and it's not up to Deb or anyone here to change that...

I read your previous posts and I just wanted to say that yeah I feel sorry for those who couldn't participate in the M&G... I know it's a chance to see Mika and talk to him but sincerely I'm more and more sorry for those who, despite being in there, was not able to meet him despite having organized this meeting for everyone! Deb and Guy worked so hard and then they haven't even had the pleasure of exchanging a few words with him...that's what I don't understand and sincerely I'm a bit puzzled about it.

I was going to MQ but decided not to... But I just want to wholeheartedly agree with those expressing support for Deb.

It is indeed outrageous that Deb didn't get to speak to Mika after all the effort and stress involved. I think that most of us who have been around Mikaland 'forever' are aware of the amount of work/stress and, as Christine said, personal sacrifice, Deb puts in.... For no personal gain.

It is true indeed that when it comes to M & G experiences, generally, you win some and you lose some. And for some people, it takes an awful long time before they get their special Mika moment. I would say that on the whole, that is true for an awful lot of us. And it's also true to say that there are people who dominate and seem to get more than their share of Mika's time. But unfortunately it's a sad fact of life that there will always be people like that.

Like Guy and Deb, I didn't get to speak to Mika either. But I am very grateful for the fact that the meet took place and that I was there.

Edited by kath

I agree with everyone has posted lately, I appreciated very much your messages as they are really effective in pointing out what the deal is. This is why I can't really add something new but that:

I think that most of us who have been around Mikaland 'forever' are aware of of amount of work/stress and, as Christine said, personal sacrifice, Deb puts in.... For no personal gain.

You old fans have seen plenty therefore you are 100% aware of what it takes to get and organize stuff for us fans. But I think that even newbies could have a bit of common sense and get to imagine some behind the scenes. I've been around for more than a year by now, not that much, but I do sense that it is not easy to obtain a proper M&G and I do imagine how energy and time consuming is to run a fanclub, not to mention stressful.

I think Deb is great at it, she does a lot and has the right balance of tolerance, perseverance, temperament, impartiality and some other plus that allow her doing the job, and doing it well. (I've meant to tell her that for quite a long time but didn't want to look like fawning, now I don't care). This is why I got outraged as well, learning that she didn't even get to say hi to Mika. If anything is unfair, THIS is it.

When it comes to meeting Mika in general, it's just like life: sometimes you earn it, sometimes it just happens, sometimes you deserve it but won't happen, despite what you've been through. I know what disappointment and frustration taste like, everyone of us does, but this is not a good reason to blame someone who already did so much for making something special happen. I missed the Swatch gig, cause I decided not to go after the Facebook announcement that told people not to go, so when I found out that many people I know got in, I felt bad and blamed Mika, his team, myself, fate. But I never blamed MFC. I am grateful to MFC, which means grateful to Deb and the mods and the people who actively contribute with providing pics, videos, interesting opinions, whatever.

First thing I've been said when I signed on MFC was "Do not expect anything. You go for a gig, expect a gig, you go for a tv show, expect a tv show. Good things may happen, but if you are doing something on the sole purpose to get to Mika, you will be disappointed." I stick to this advice and it has never been wrong.

I hope that we won't have such an argue again as meeting Mika will always be a quite random thing and we should all be aware of it.