Mika@Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam - 22 September 2015

robertina

I'm glad it's not on Monday, when I have classes! :teehee:

I am even more excited after seeing Mika on tv in Paul de Leeuw's show :cheer:  (I couldn't go to the recording so I'm glad I have this gig to look forward to!)

I am a bit sad it is not on Monday because I have to teach a bit late on Tuesday. Whatevaaaaah.

Hi:punk:

You'd better travel to Amsterdam Bijlmer ArenA - station. The Heineken Music Hall in at a 2 minuten walk from there.

Thank you, I found a train to go there, too, but it's been a little bit too difficult with the connection, because I'd only have 10 minutes to go to another train.

But I'll arrive on monday, visit the city and will stay in the female hostel, that's been mentioned here before.

Thank you, I found a train to go there, too, but it's been a little bit too difficult with the connection, because I'd only have 10 minutes to go to another train.

But I'll arrive on monday, visit the city and will stay in the female hostel, that's been mentioned here before.

If you're at Central Station, the metro number 54 is a very good option to take you to Bijlmer ArenA. The train takes you in 15 minutes, the metro in 17 minutes, but as far as I'm concerned, the metro is much cheaper.

At what time is everyone planning on going there, to queue?

I'm staying in the Hostelle too! I love to meet you, and other MFC'ers!

If you stay in the female hostel after the gig too, you can walk back to the hostel with us if you like.  :thumb_yello:

If you're at Central Station, the metro number 54 is a very good option to take you to Bijlmer ArenA. The train takes you in 15 minutes, the metro in 17 minutes, but as far as I'm concerned, the metro is much cheaper.

At what time is everyone planning on going there, to queue?

I think I'm going to be there around 2 pm.

Hellooo again~!

After going to Paul de Leeuw last sunday I am soo excited!  :excite:  Been looking at pictures from past gigs and I really feel like watching the PDP concert again on dvd :D

But, then it came to my mind; does anyone know if queueing with the numbers will be possible again? Or is it no longer possible since Meeks has a new manager?  :shocked:

• Like 1

I called the Hostelle the other day to aks if Nicky and I could stay on the same 4-person room. Then it isn't such a problem if we arrive there in the middle of the night and the other people are allready asleep. Perhaps the other MFC'ers who stay at the hostelle can also give them a call (the receptionist only speaks english btw) and ask for an arrangement to place Mika-concert goers in the same room(s).

I've never been to a Mika gig before, what is that queuing with numbers?

Back in 2010 (Mika's last time at HMH), when John was Mika's manager, we used to get numbers if we were a member of the MFC :)

Those who came in early got early numbers, those who came later, got around number 60. 

Those who had a number could get in about 10 minutes earlier than the 'normal' audience  ;)

We had to stand in line in the order of our numbers about two hours before opening. Before that we were free to go where we wanted, as long as we stayed within the area (otherwise it's not fair).

It was basically waiting all day without feeling the pressure of getting in first. Everyone was polite about it and the MFCers were on front row! :yes: No stress, just waiting and knowing you'll have a decent spot in the venue!

But I guess we'll see what happens :)

I don't know what time we'll go there.. Probably about 1pm or something..

Edited by Maaikie...

Back in 2010 (Mika's last time at HMH), when John was Mika's manager, we used to get numbers if we were a member of the MFC :)

Those who came in early got early numbers, those who came later, got around number 60. 

Those who had a number could get in about 10 minutes earlier than the 'normal' audience  ;)

We had to stand in line in the order of our numbers about two hours before opening. Before that we were free to go where we wanted, as long as we stayed within the area (otherwise it's not fair).

It was basically waiting all day without feeling the pressure of getting in first. Everyone was polite about it and the MFCers were on front row! :yes: No stress, just waiting and knowing you'll have a decent spot in the venue!

But I guess we'll see what happens :)

I don't know what time we'll go there.. Probably about 1pm or something..

Thanks for explaining! How would he know who's on MFC though, by the buttons? I don't have a button..

Anyway, I don't know what my day will look like, I don't think it's fair to my sister to tell her "I'll meet you there" when she's coming with me and I'm the big fan. But she has school until 16:30 :(  (in Amsterdam though, so we don't have to travel far, but still...)

Does anyone knows if cameras are allowed ?

I've got a bridge cam, it's better than a "normal" one but you can't change the lens.

In the value's FAQs/rules there's written: "16. Visitors may only take photographs or make video or audio recordings with the permission of the event organiser. Visitors are prohibited from taking photographs or making video or audio recordings in the areas of the Heineken Music Hall that are not accessible to the general public." also "professional photography, video and audio recording equipment;"

Normally, there's no problem with digital cameras, but I'm not sure now because they also mentioned "normal" digital cameras

Does anyone knows if cameras are allowed ?

I've got a bridge cam, it's better than a "normal" one but you can't change the lens.

In the value's FAQs/rules there's written: "16. Visitors may only take photographs or make video or audio recordings with the permission of the event organiser. Visitors are prohibited from taking photographs or making video or audio recordings in the areas of the Heineken Music Hall that are not accessible to the general public." also "professional photography, video and audio recording equipment;"

Normally, there's no problem with digital cameras, but I'm not sure now because they also mentioned "normal" digital cameras

As far as I know, cameras are allowed (as long as they're not professional, i.e. cameras on which you can change the lenses - which you can't).

Maybe Mika has a different policy, but I don't think so. I'm also used to getting an email that explains the specific house rules for the event I'm attending, so we might still get one?

Edit: In the FAQ they say:

(Dutch) "Mogen (digitale) camera's naar binnen?

Hoewel het fotograferen met mobiele telefoons nauwelijks is tegen te gaan, is fotograferen bij een concert officieel niet toegestaan. Het meenemen van digitale fotocamera's, selfie-sticks, professionele camera’s, film-, geluids-, go pro toestellen en andere beeldopnameapparatuur is niet toegestaan. Afhankelijk van het type show / artiest kunnen camera's geweigerd worden."

(English) "Can I take photographs during the event?

Although we cannot prohibit the use of mobile phones, it is officially not allowed to take photographs during an event. It is prohibited to bring (digital) cameras into the building and they will therefore be confiscated upon entrance. Cameras can be picked up from security after the event. We refer to your ticket for more information about the do's and don't regarding photography."

Edited by Manon14

While the HMH officially doesn't allow digital cameras, I've never had any problems with getting mine in. As long as it's not a professional camera, they tend to just let you take it inside. (That said, it's been a while since I've been there, so who knows. But I've never actually seen them confiscate any cameras.)

Hellloooo!

If anyone still needs tickets to the Amsterdam show, we are giving a pair away now!

Details on the front page HERE.

Ticket fairy ... you are too sweet. Silly question though ... wouldn't most fans on here have tickets? Coz this isn't one of the smaller venues ;)

Good luck to those in need! See you at the HMH

Edited by couldbepurple