Mika@Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam - 22 September 2015

robertina

About the numbers queueing: it never was just for mfcers, but everyone who arrived early got a number. It was always organized by mfcers tho, john was just helping us by making sure the numbers were checked at the entrance. I don't think we'll get this help now, it took years until john knew us well enough so it could work. From what i've seen at recent gigs tho, mfcers still do the numbers. But how well it works is a question of the organization - some of the fans have to take care that the queue stays in line and no one tries to jump the queue. Which can be helped a lot if the security sets up barriers to form a proper queue. So i suppose there will be numbers, and it will help, but you can't be sure that it'll work as perfectly as it did with john. I can tell from the milan gig that it worked really well, because security helped (the italian girls had talked with them and they agreed) and the fans who organized the numbers kept sending everyone to the back who tried to queue in the front. That was a lot of work for them. Whereas in lokeren (was a festival tho), it didn't work, and security didn't care. Maybe i can tell you more tomorrow after the paris experience. ;)

I came on today to ask about the camera thing....and it's already been discussed! I was shocked that it said no cameras.....these days it seems odd. Also, Team Mika actively ask fans to send in their photos from gigs so maybe the venue just 'police' it according to the 'shyness' of the artiste!

Also, I wanted to ask if any locals wanted to go to Sherlocked with us? It's the escape the room experience. We really want to go but you have to have 3-6 players so we can't.

PM me if you're interested.

I've just seen stuff from last nights show and squealed!!! I'm sooooooooooo excited now!!

Edited by vixenbbw

I don't know yet what time I'll go there, don't want to wake up too early.

I'm in the 8-person-bedroom, it's been the cheapest :D

But I think it's no problem arriving there in the middle of the night, is it ?

Haven't read anything like this in the describtion

They have a 24 hour reception. It's even possible to check in after midnight, according to their website, so arriving in the middle of the night shouldn't be a problem.  :wink2:

I'm in the 8 person bedroom too (for the same reason :naughty:). 

Edited by DutchAnnie

Fyi, in rennes and paris thete were no numbers, it didn't make sense due to multiple entrances. Anyway even if there are, like i said you have to rely on fans and security staff to make it work. Hope that answers your question. ;)

Fyi, in rennes and paris thete were no numbers, it didn't make sense due to multiple entrances. Anyway even if there are, like i said you have to rely on fans and security staff to make it work. Hope that answers your question. ;)

Thank you :)

I'm going to ask my sister if she's okay with meeting up there, in that case I could join the early afternoon queue. As long as I'm not alone of course, I'd like to know if someone's gonna be there and at what time so that I have someone to talk to :naughty:

I'm assuming they wouldn't ban my sister from joining me once she gets there, though?

I do hope people will not be so lame as to queue overnight. Get some proper sleep people. It is not a safe area in the middle of the night.

Queuing on the streets of Amsterdam at night? That indeed is a very, very bad idea.

Waiting over night is the craziest of the craziest. I do hope it'll never come that far in this fanclub.

And to add to that, HMH Is not sold out, so getting there that early is ridiculous.

Well it already happened. Apparently people have been queueing overnight in France and I would not be surprised if it happens here. But do not do that. It is very silly.

Well it already happened. Apparently people have been queueing overnight in France and I would not be surprised if it happens here. But do not do that. It is very silly.

ah yeah, in France, I can understand.. 

Please remind me when I think of going to a gig in france to stop me from going there  :naughty:  :shocked:

From my experience, in italy apparently it's common now to queue overnight. But the 2 mfcers i know of who "queued" overnight in rennes just did so because they couldn't find a hotel for this first night. They certainly would've preferred to have a proper place to sleep. ;) i don't know what time ppl started queueing in paris, but i know those who arrived in the morning were in the front at one of the gates, so it surely wasn't necessary to queue overnight. ;) don't panic, i'm sure outside of italy it's neither common nor necessary for a good spot to queue overnight!

I've already queued overnight, but it's been for Robbie Williams in Paris last time (Zenith, too)

Not a good place to do some camping :D

The organisation of Zenith hasn't been good, but maybe it's been better now, with Mika Fans :D

Think I'm going to take a look after breakfast, but I'm not an early bird ;)

If there's more than one entrance it's not very good to make one queue, it would be better, to make multiple queues, 1 |  2  | 3

4 | 5 | 6

one day I've been queueing overnight in Düsseldorf, for Robbie again, and we did one queue. The other afternoon, the did the barriers very late, so everyone ran to the doors, as if they're crazy. Without any help it would be complicated, but maybe we're lucky

@DutchAnnie  maybe it's the same :D

For those who arrive on monday: maybe we could explore the city together, I don't know anything & I don't speak dutch  :teehee: 

From my experience, in italy apparently it's common now to queue overnight. But the 2 mfcers i know of who "queued" overnight in rennes just did so because they couldn't find a hotel for this first night. They certainly would've preferred to have a proper place to sleep. ;) i don't know what time ppl started queueing in paris, but i know those who arrived in the morning were in the front at one of the gates, so it surely wasn't necessary to queue overnight. ;) don't panic, i'm sure outside of italy it's neither common nor necessary for a good spot to queue overnight!

I don't panic as I will arrive later anyway, so I don't care about being front row. I am just making people who are planning on sleeping over or on coming super early, that it is not the best place to be. And it is never necessary to queue overnight.

Hey,

anyone who comes from Germay ?

Will arrive the 21st at Amsterdam Centraal. Can someone tell me, how to go to the location ?

See you soon

Hi you! :D I'm from Germany as well. It looks like we're in the same hostel. If you arrive at daytime tomorrow (meaning Monday) we could catch up. We'd try to answer all questions you might have and could gush a little about Mika's new show. I'll send you a dm with contact details. If you're interested you can text me and we'll see how we get together  :)

I don't panic as I will arrive later anyway, so I don't care about being front row. I am just making people who are planning on sleeping over or on coming super early, that it is not the best place to be. And it is never necessary to queue overnight.

I didn't mean you, but those who might panic because overnight queueing was even mentioned. ;)

And you're right, i should've said "necessary to get a good spot in front row". Which it is in italy, at least for the smaller gigs (dunno bout the big venues of this tour). But certainly not anywhere else, not even in france.

Hi everybody, does anyone where's the best place to wait to meet Mika after the gig? Thanks

Last time it was the side of the hall, there were barriers set up so it was obvious. That was 5 years ago tho, so no idea if it's the same this time.

Hi everybody, does anyone where's the best place to wait to meet Mika after the gig? Thanks

Hello Mihamidge ... welcome at MFC. :bye:

I've never been to the HMH before so I don't know. But there will be more people waiting so just check for groups of people after the gig and ask them.  :wink2:

Edited by DutchAnnie

For everyone travelling to Amsterdam today and tomorrow ... have a good journey. :thumb_yello:

Only one more day to go. :excite:

One more day!! To the people that are going to be there in the afternoon (2pm-ish?) See you in the queue :) (if some tall blond girl stands behind you in the queue and starts talking to you because she's alone - that's me.)

One more day!! To the people that are going to be there in the afternoon (2pm-ish?) See you in the queue :) (if some tall blond girl stands behind you in the queue and starts talking to you because she's alone - that's me.)

I'll also be there at about 14 or 15H. And alone too. But I think you're never alone when surrounded by other MFC'ers!