British Summer Time Festival, London 21 June 2015

mari62

Rose, unfortunately all RSVP lists got lost with the migration, so we have to do it again  :wink2:

Ahh, that would explain it then  :thumb_yello: 

• 5 weeks later...

I have an update to my travel plans, I don't have to miss Kylie! Will be getting the National Express coach back to Guildford from Victoria at 11:30pm. If anyone else is doing this/will be heading for Victoria afterwards could they PM/quote me please as Dad isn't too keen on me walking back alone. So although I imagine there'll be a fair few getting coaches home it would be good to be able to say to him I'll be going with someone.

I have a countdown going for this on my whiteboard. Just got to cross off all my exams then MIKA fills the rest of the board :D 

Anyone else get a premium entry ticket? Not sure what the difference between that and the priority entry ticket is, apart from £20  :naughty:

Premium tickets seem to have a separate viewing area and get admission 1 hour earlier than general admission... priority tickets get admission 1 hour earlier than general & the viewing area is the same as general also.

Premium tickets seem to have a separate viewing area and get admission 1 hour earlier than general admission... priority tickets get admission 1 hour earlier than general & the viewing area is the same as general also.

Ahh right, just have to see who else has a premium ticket,  :)

I'm a huge Kylie fan and actually bought a ticket before Mika was announced! To have him added to the bill just makes it twice as nice! Got a priority entry ticket so I can try to get as close to the stage as possible (planning on lining up in advance, too).

Guess it's pretty unlikely that I'll get to meet Mika after this performance as it's a huge outdoor event and I'm planning to stay planted in my spot for the whole show. Any past BST attendees gotten to meet an artist there? Or anyone have any ideas for meeting Mika? Or Kylie? Regardless, I think this show is going to be a blast! My 3rd time seeing Kylie and 7th time seeing Mika!  :cheer:

Not quite as nice as the signature tickers, but just as effective. I'm starting to get excited now. My weekend has turned a bit mad now, won tickets to a thing with John Green on friday night, moving my stuff home from uni on saturday morning (was supposed to be friday afternoon) then sunday morning back up to London for this! Then back to uni for the night cos it's a lot quicker and doesn't require Dad to pick me up from somewhere after 1am.

Just checked my weather app, it says sun/cloud and about 24C so looking good...

post-17570-0-31068300-1434151641_thumb.jpg

A week from today :boing:

When is everyone else arriving in London?

Just checked and only 10 have rsvp'd. I'm surprised there are not more going to this.

I hope he announces UK dates soon.

Edited by Treasa

Just checked and only 10 have rsvp'd. I'm surprised there are not more going to this.

I've just responded to the RSVD !  :thumb_yello: I have priority tickets for me and hubby! :fisch:  We had our honeymoon tour to London, and now, 40 years later, we return to this city, which surely has changed a lot,  after all these years! :naughty: Btw, I was there with my daughter in Dec. 1996 - singing Christmas songs by the Norwegian tree, at Trafalgar Square... :)  

Do you, or anybody else,  know now, when MIKA will perform ?  :wub:  Acc. to the tic,  we can enter at 12 - but I doubt hubby is willing to stay there till late evening! ;)  I hope the weather will be good - and that it will be a huge music party, with many good artists!  :fisch:Of course I'd love to see again both you, Sharon and Kath - whom I was lucky enough to meet in Montreal  :wub:  And also to meet, for me,  "new" MFCers - that would be great!  :yes:   Time will show what happens next Sunday!  :wink2:

And YES, now MIKA really should announce UK dates asap!!  :)

Love,love

me

I will be travelling to London after work on Saturday night, should be there about 8.30ish.

Can´t wait! Only about a week ahead :) Can´t wait to be back in London, to see MIKA and all of you! We got Premium tickets btw. See you soon! HIBBELING :)

Excellent!

I got premium tickets and was worried I would be on my own  :)

I've just responded to the RSVD ! :thumb_yello: I have priority tickets for me and hubby! :fisch: We had our honeymoon tour to London, and now, 40 years later, we return to this city, which surely has changed a lot, after all these years! :naughty: Btw, I was there with my daughter in Dec. 1996 - singing Christmas songs by the Norwegian tree, at Trafalgar Square... :)

Do you, or anybody else, know now, when MIKA will perform ? :wub: Acc. to the tic, we can enter at 12 - but I doubt hubby is willing to stay there till late evening! ;) I hope the weather will be good - and that it will be a huge music party, with many good artists! :fisch:Of course I'd love to see again both you, Sharon and Kath - whom I was lucky enough to meet in Montreal :wub: And also to meet, for me, "new" MFCers - that would be great! :yes: Time will show what happens next Sunday! :wink2:

And YES, now MIKA really should announce UK dates asap!! :)

Love,love

me

Oh great! It will be lovely to see you again.

I have no idea what time Mika will play but presume it will be early enough as Kylie will probably be last, being the headline act.

Edited by Treasa

Oh great! It will be lovely to see you again.

I have no idea what time Mika will play but presume it will be early enough as Kylie will probably be last, being the headline act.

:) OK - thanks for your answer! :wub:  Yes, that's how it normally is - the headliners last on stage, which means both Kylie, Grace and probably others too.  We don't mind being till late evening at the arena, we're used to that - the "problem" might be to enter too early in the afternoon, at least for hubby, I'm more patient, when I'm waiting for someone I really want to experience!   :teehee:  Maybe we'll never know when each of the artists will enter the stage, so we just have to be around in Hyde Park, in due time.  :wink2: Anyway, I look forward to this midsummer music happening - very much ... :fisch:  

Love,love

me

I think most UK fans thought it was a lot of money if you only wanted to see Mika.  Only 93 people have signed up to it on FB (including you)

If it was an actual Mika gig, probably.  But for a festival, no :no:

I look on it as not just Mika, not just a festival but also the meet up with friends, a weekend in London and a chance to see No.1.

So for me the whole package is worth it. :wink2:

• Like 2

I think most UK fans thought it was a lot of money if you only wanted to see Mika.  Only 93 people have signed up to it on FB (including you)

I'm hoping that means a better chance of getting near the stage whilst most people are wandering about before the headliners come on!

Although I wouldn't actively get tickets to see any of the other acts I think Kylie will put on a great show and Nile is amazing too. I like the Years & Years single so they may well be pretty good.

Like Treasa said, it's a great excuse to spend time with friends and visit London too.

If I could guarantee the weather and Mika singing Good Wife....I'd be very happy.  :thumb_yello:

Edited by vixenbbw

I don't know, Chic, Grace and Kylie, are well worth the money 

I didn't explain that very well.

If you like the other acts, then the price is OK.  But it's a lot of money if you're only interested in seeing Mika.