British Summer Time Festival, London 21 June 2015

mari62

Marilyn, have you noticed, that there's an area for disabled people? You could consider going :wink2:

I won't be going to the festival, as I'm disabled, so standing at a festival is no good for me. But that doesn't mean I'm not totally ecstatic by the news this morning.

I actually think that, for Mika, at this point, a festival is better than a theatre gig, because many people will be there who wouldn't normally go and see Mika in a theatre. People will go just for the day out, or because Kylie is there. This will be so good for him here in Britain.

I just hope he takes the opportunity to sing the new music that the UK haven't heard. He should let Big Girl Lollipop and Billy Brown have a rest from the action, and show the new, mature Mika.

I'd really like to come on the thread sometimes, to share the excitement of the UK festival gig.

God bless all who are going to this great event. :mikalove:

I think it's pretty clear that the Pride in London events on the Carnival Stage are a separate thing altogether. Here's Pride in London's press release about it:

Ā 

http://prideinlondon.org/news/2015/04/pride-in-london-to-host-carnival-stage-at/

Ā 

Note that they say their event is "alongside" Kylie, Mika, et al.

Great to see Mika's name mentioned in the article, and I'm happy that it's in quite big letters on the poster.

I was dreading them listing him as "And many others," But they haven't. It's all good and I definitely think he's on the main stage with his good friend Kylie.

Great to see Mika's name mentioned in the article, and I'm happy that it's in quite big letters on the poster.

I was dreading them listing him as "And many others," But they haven't. It's all good and I definitely think he's on the main stage with his good friend Kylie.

Ā 

He is on the main stage. The Pride stage lineup hasn't been announced yet:thumb_yello:

It appears that Pride,who do the parade every year in London, have their own stage, and that they will have their own line up on it, which hasn't been announced yet. So there will be two stages there, but we want to be at the main stage. :thumb_yello:

Ā 

Thank you :biggrin2:

Ā 

So does that mean you are going for fancy tickets?

Marilyn, have you noticed, that there's an area for disabled people? You could consider going :wink2:

Ā 

I understand the disabled area was sold out before Mika's appearance was announced :sad:

Bought my ticket for this yesterday :) Went for general admission after seeing the venue plan (and the service charges that increased with every kind of ticket). My summer exams should be over by the 19th so a gig in London on the 21st is brilliant. Will be nice to meet MFCers properly and hang out. Not gonna attempt to bring a non-Mika friend this gig. Just gotta hope for sunshine now! It's gonna sound weird but I'm glad he's not headlining. If I want to get back to Guildford safely (ie before buses stop running and I have to walk home) I'm gonna have to leave early, assuming Kylie will be on last I'll get to see all of Mika's set no problem and just miss Kylie's last few songs.

Ā 

How much of the new album do you reckon he'll do? It's only 5 days after it comes out, I saw James Blunt last year a few weeks after he released the extended version of his album and he only did 1 of the new songs. Mika better do more than that.

I understand the disabled area was sold out before Mika's appearance was announced :sad:

Yes it is, because it's only a small area and a lot of disabled people still love to go to festivals, so the special areas sell out really quickly.

But I'm not disheartened. I'm thrilled about the gig and I know I'll see some fantastic videos.

The most important thing, for me, is that Mika is there getting exposure. I seriously adore whoever it is who is running his publicity machine now, as whoever it is is actually doing it right!!!

I'm sure there will be a theatre gig I can go to, but my spirit will be in Hyde Park with all of you on the day.

I pray for the sun to shine on our lovely Mika and his fans.

Think I might go for fancy tickets myself. :wink2:

We will wave at you ! Fancy pants. :wink2:

First UK gig in I don't know how long, AND in my home city, and he picks the day I'll be on a plane! :aah:

Ā 

Awww! That's a shame.

Ā 

Bought my ticket for this yesterday :) Went for general admission after seeing the venue plan (and the service charges that increased with every kind of ticket). My summer exams should be over by the 19th so a gig in London on the 21st is brilliant. Will be nice to meet MFCers properly and hang out. Not gonna attempt to bring a non-Mika friend this gig. Just gotta hope for sunshine now! It's gonna sound weird but I'm glad he's not headlining. If I want to get back to Guildford safely (ie before buses stop running and I have to walk home) I'm gonna have to leave early, assuming Kylie will be on last I'll get to see all of Mika's set no problem and just miss Kylie's last few songs.

Ā 

How much of the new album do you reckon he'll do? It's only 5 days after it comes out, I saw James Blunt last year a few weeks after he released the extended version of his album and he only did 1 of the new songs. Mika better do more than that.

I can't imagine that he will do many new ones unfortunately. As he isn't headlining it won't be a massively long set and I can't see him doing much new stuff. Personally I would think we would be lucky to get two but that's just a guess.

Mika was on the entertainment news on R2 this morning, taking about doing this show.

He is back in France, so he was on the phone. They asked how he coped with nerves in front of big audiences like this one will be.

Mika was on the entertainment news on R2 this morning, taking about doing this show.

He is back in France, so he was on the phone. They asked how he coped with nerves in front of big audiences like this one will be.

Ā 

:blush-anim-cl: And what did MIKA answer?! If he could handle the huge audience at Parc de Prince, that early in his carrere, I suppose he'll just enjoy Hyde Park - his own "big garden" - in his neighbourhood...:wink2::wub2:

Ā 

Love,love

me

:blush-anim-cl: And what did MIKA answer?! If he could handle the huge audience at Parc de Prince, that early in his carrere, I suppose he'll just enjoy Hyde Park - his own "big garden" - in his neighbourhood...:wink2::wub2:

Ā 

Love,love

me

Ā 

he said itĀ“s much easier for him to perform in front of 40000 people than in front of four

he said itĀ“s much easier for him to perform in front of 40000 people than in front of four

Ā 

:thumb_yello: Thanks - think he has said something similar earlier too ...:wub2:

Ā 

Love,love

me

Finally pressed the button and bought tickets for me and Joeee! We've not seen him together for years as we had tickets for the cancelled Glasgow gig.

Will be like old times.....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I could have sworn I RSVP'd this before the migration, oh well done it nowĀ  :)Ā 

Rose, unfortunately all RSVP lists got lost with the migration, so we have to do it againĀ  :wink2:

Edited by mari62
  • Like 1