vixenbbw

Melyssa

=========

MEDIA

=========

• Like 1

Mikainstagram

https://instagram.com/p/78APrFTiGQ/

• mikainstagramTonight #HeavenTour at the Heineken Hall Amsterdam! ❤️❤️this venue! Even if the set is almost too big for the stage

11856777_1215806618445251_2062130921_n.j

https://instagram.com/p/78DJFBTiLM/

11821250_693676340768283_1043222221_n.jp

post-18723-0-30899500-1442958299_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-18803700-1442958335_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Wow!!! This was a super fantastic wonderful gig. My first real concert. Everything was great. Mika seemed to be in a joyful mood and was again on fire, in spite of his tired face in the Periscope video. He had so much energy and stage presence. It aroused the whole band and all of the HMH.

He sang beautifully with powerful voice. I was very impressed, it was so much better than at the two festivals I saw this summer.

There were some very nice fresh changes in the arrangements. The set was colourful and full of fantasy. The crowd was very enthousiastic and a lot of them knew most of the songs, even the new ones. Mika brought two people on stage; one girl to translate English words into dutch during the intro of Boum boum boum, And a funny guy at the end of the gig to dance and to play the tambourine at Lollipop. And.... surprise surprise (even to the man himself) he sort of forced (in a nice way, he praised him as a very good friend) Paul de Leeuw to come at the stage to duet in Stardust. He called it a revenge for all the things Paul made him do in his shows. Mika sang some sentences in dutch again and the crowd loved the performance, even if Paul didn't know the song very well and got stuck sometimes.

I'm not completely sure about the setlist but I think it's like this (not necessarily in the right order).

No Place in Heaven

Big Girl

Good Wife

Grace Kelly

Good Guys

Boum Boum Boum

Talk About You

Origin of Love

Relax

We are Golden

Promiseland

L'Amour fait ce qu'il veut

Rain

Underwater

Staring at the Sun

Stardust (with Paul de Leeuw)

Happy Ending

Love Today

Last Party

Lollipop

No Billy Brown!! And two French songs. I'd expected Boum boum boum but I was very surprised he sang L'Amour. It didn't really work. The concentration of the people that were standing around me decreased considerably during that song. It was the only moment that this happened. For the rest of the concert, people were jumping, clapping and singing and everyone I saw had a great time.

I was with my brother, his girlfriend and a friend and they all loved the concert. I'm pretty sure there's at least one new Mikafan (the girlfriend) since this evening. We arrived late so we were not very close to the stage. But since the whole HMH was participating and the sound was good, it didn't really matter.

Conclusion: I had a great great evening. Only minus: I'm definitely too small for standing concerts, especially in Holland.

ps: i forgot to mention that Promiseland was fantastic live. Almost as good as Relax and Grace Kelly. Maybe even better.

Edited by Pascale
  • Like 10

Pascale .. well.. that was my daughter on stage.. he made the eve of her 18th birthday just perfect!. Loved every single moment of concert. Billy Brown would have been good too... but I was more than happy with not a flawless show... but certainly one full of boisterous joyfulness.

There are a lot of monsters in this business... Mika most definitely is one of the good guys!!!!

• Like 6

Pascale .. well.. that was my daughter on stage.. he made the eve of her 18th birthday just perfect!. Loved every single moment of concert. Billy Brown would have been good too... but I was more than happy with not a flawless show... but certainly one full of boisterous joyfulness.

There are a lot of monsters in this business... Mika most definitely is one of the good guys!!!!

hi Couldbepurple (not your real name, I guess),

O was that your daughter. Such a pretty girl. That must have been wonderful for her. I couldn't see her very well because of quite a few very big dutch men and woman in front of me. But i think she did very well, didn't she?

I just found some video's on you tube. Here's Paul de Leeuw Boum boum boum isn't there yet bur I'm sure it will be there soon. Did you film it yourself? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUj8O1DfWpo&list=PL7OV2MeHZIkOqAFU-c2jUzTKyMYcBnOY5

• Like 1

NO BILLY BROWN! Headline news! :yay: mods - get it on the front page ! ;)

:naughty: Maybe MIKA read your comment, about getting rid of BB... :teehee: 

Thank you all - for everything you've shared - after both gigs in France and Luxembourg, and now this last one from A'dam - lovely stuff, which I enjoy a lot!!  :wub:

Love,love

me 

Wendy (Shady) and I weren't very close to the stage, but we still had a good view. It was a good gig. Mika was energetic as usual and he put on a good show. I always enjoy what he does with his songs live, giving them a new vibe. Like the intro for Love Today, mainly with the bass, powerful! I loved Boum Boum Boum (a song that I had to get used to to be honest), Promiseland, No Place In Heaven and Last Party, and my all time favourite Happy Ending. A real surprise was the appearance of Paul de Leeuw.

Seeing Mika live always brings the fangirlness to a higher level :wub:

I didn't bring my good camera with me, but I managed to take a few pics that are okay.

P1110668_zpsbpnnfoni.jpg

P1110701_zps72ldjzdl.jpg

P1110704_zpscxovzau5.jpg

P1110756_zps5xoduni2.jpg

P1110784_zpsrwl70hsb.jpg

P1110789_zpswkhohnoo.jpg

P1110797_zpsbfwcij4c.jpg

P1110695_zpstemkjnz8.jpg

Edited by kaatje066
  • Like 2

I agree, I think it's one of the best I've seen. We're absolutely shattered from being tourists since Sunday so our feet were tired already but then the queuing and standing all night took its toll and we staggered back to our hotel about midnight but were giddy and chatting til 2am. Going to enjoy as much of Amsterdam as our feet will allow then home later tonight. Have to work tomorrow but will try to upload my videos tomorrow night.

Great night!

What an amazing night!

One of the best gigs I've been to. The set is beautiful, the setlist last night was just perfect for me and Mika's energy is astounding. When I saw the periscope clip yesterday afternoon I did wonder if he'd got the energy for another show.

We decided to queue yesterday as we wanted to see our first show from

front row. We were standing in front of the caravan and it was well worth the long and sometimes wet day.

After the show we waited to see him. I think we waited about an hour when the security guys came and put barriers up. Everyone was well behaved and quiet. A few minutes later Mika's car drove out, he got out and walked along the barrier, he signed a few things but didn't talk. All very civilised as it should be and everyone got a chance to see him.

Tonight we go to Brussels where we have seats and I'm looking forward to enjoying the show from a different perspective.

• Like 3

Thank you all for the early reports and photos!

No Place in Heaven
Big Girl
Good Wife
Grace Kelly
Good Guys
Boum Boum Boum
Talk About You
Origin of Love
Relax
We are Golden
Promiseland
L'Amour fait ce qu'il veut
Rain
Underwater
Staring at the Sun
Stardust (with Paul de Leeuw)
Happy Ending
Love Today
Last Party
Lollipop

No Billy Brown!! And two French songs. I'd expected Boum boum boum but I was very surprised he sang L'Amour. It didn't really work. The concentration of the people that were standing around me decreased considerably during that song. It was the only moment that this happened. For the rest of the concert, people were jumping, clapping and singing and everyone I saw had a great time.
I was with my brother, his girlfriend and a friend and they all loved the concert. I'm pretty sure there's at least one new Mikafan (the girlfriend) since this evening. We arrived late so we were not very close to the stage. But since the whole HMH was participating and the sound was good, it didn't really matter.
Conclusion: I had a great great evening. Only minus: I'm definitely too small for standing concerts, especially in Holland.

ps: i forgot to mention that Promiseland was fantastic live. Almost as good as Relax and Grace Kelly. Maybe even better.

YAY FOR PROMISELAND!  I just can't wait to hear it in person! :excite:

I love this set list except for L'amour... I must admit of all the French songs on this album it's my least favorite. Oh well, can't have everything. Good Wife and Promiseland are enough for me! :)

NO BILLY BROWN! Headline news! :yay: mods - get it on the front page ! ;)

A date that will go down in history! :lmfao:

• Like 4

I would like to see pictures from after the show. I wasnt able to wait until Mika came out (we did wait for 45 minutes but time was running out for us).
I had a friend give Mika a cartoonmagazine i found some time ago (from his birthyear 1983). If anyone happens to have pictures of that i'd appreciate it :).

• Like 1

My first Mika gig :excite:

Let me start off by saying that this was the best concert I've ever been to. I love how much he connects with the audience and the how much he lets the audience influence what he's doing on stage. Plus, I've never been so close to the stage before ;)

I don't want to talk to much about the queuing part, it's really about the concert after all! But I want to thank the people that I have been talking to, it was really nice all under our umbrellas (no it wasn't, it was cold and wet but at least we could share our misery :teehee: ) I was the blond girl with the flower headband in my hair waiting for my sister, by the way :naughty:

Then we could get in, and my sister and I ended up at the second row! I couldn't be happier, I didn't really need front row for my first concert but I wanted to at least be somewhat close to the stage. This was perfect. I have never waited so much on one day but once Mika got on stage, it had all been worth it. He started at his caravan which was on the other side of the stage, but he often came to our side as well and then he was standing right in front of us.

During Grace Kelly, he made Max play the bass veeeery slowwwllyyyyy..... then he sped up and sang the song normally. But, after the final chorus.. he started the song again! And made Max play slowly again! "Just because I can" :facepalm::lmfao:

Somewhat after that he said that just before they got on stage, he promised the band that he was going to behave that night. "I already F'ed that up", he said :naughty: As he had messed it up anyway, he decided to sing songs in French, even though he originally hadn't planned to. Boum Boum Boum came next and was so much fun. But as someone said before, L'Amour didn't work. People didn't know the lyrics (boum boum boum is easy to sing along to, même les Américains comprennent after all) and they started to lose attention. Even I started taking pictures instead of singing and dancing along. But this was the only song that this happened, with the rest of the gig, Mika had the audience with him. Speaking of which, I am soooo happy about finally having seen Underwater live. I have seen that in so many videos and now I could be a part of the audience and sing for him :wub: And the Relax jump! And "don't screeEEAAMMMM"! All those tiny things that I had seen so often on Youtube. That is all I wanted.

Promiseland live was something I didn't dare dream, when I got the album. So the fact that it happened.... :cheer::fangurl:

To my ears, he didn't make any mistakes at all during that song! I know he did in the previous gigs. But it was perfect. Instead of the first time "I've got no money in my pocket and the whole world's bringing me down" he said: "Heineken Hall..... dance with me". The second time round he did sing those lyrics. His voice was On Point. I was very happy that I could hear everything very well because during the support act Citizens, I did not hear a thing once the drum started. Mika's mic was louder, thankfully.

So then, at one point, Love Today ended, Mika disappeared, the audience was screaming We Want More and he came back to sing Last Party. At one point during the chorus he was standing right in front of me and I was singing and smiling really wide. He had a serious kind of look on his face but then he looked at me (of course, can't be sure. It was really close anyway) and started smiling really wide as well. Perfect ending for a gig.

Except, it wasn't! The audience had been demanding Lollipop for quite some time (screaming Hey, what's the big idea?! and Yo Mika! and simply yelling Lollipop!) soo... after Last Party he sat himself behind his keyboard (I did miss his beautiful piano to be honest) and said: "Normally, after this song, I just leave. But tonight..." and started Lollipop. This guy, who was standing right next to us, screamed so loud at the lyric "She's a player and a downright whore!" that Mika fell silent and smiled: "couldn't have said it better myself"! He searched for the guy and finally he found him, and got his name wrong (it was Frans and he called him Hans) and then he invited him on the stage! It was hilarious.

Eventually, the gig was over, Mika, Curtis, Tristan, Joy, Lewis and Max bowed and that was it. I bought the black shirt as a souvenir and my sister and I waited for Mika at the back. However, after 45 minutes or so we really had to leave. I was kind of sad but we just had to get home and we couldn't miss the last metro. I wasn't expecting to meet him anyway, the gig was all that really mattered to me. Maybe one day when I'm more prepared to meet him, I will.

I couldn't be happier. Well, maybe only if I still were experiencing the gig. His voice was on fire, the setlist was (almost) perfect, I love his outfits, the set design is AMAZING, we had better spots than I had hoped for.. Best concert ever. Thank you Mika :huglove:

By the way, I didn't take many pictures, and the pictures I have are not very good. This one is my favourite:

312i6x3.png

Edited by Manon14
  • Like 15