2020 - Mika @ Rokhal Luxembourg, 29 Jan

mellody

3 hours ago, carafon said:

During "Big girl" it crossed my mind that it could be funny to create a "track game" with road signs like "this way" ,"stop here" and so on ...

Don't know if it's a good idea  ?????:dunno:

Yes funny idea ! 

But how can we manage to give signs random to people ? We don't even know if Mika is going in the crowd by the middle like tiny stage in London or by the side like big stages in Lille (on the left of the stage) or Paris (on the right I think)...

1 hour ago, mellody said:

dunno if it makes sense, as we never know which way he takes, and it's mostly not the fans in the front he gets close to (apart from 2 places). But it certainly is a funny idea! :lol3: If we consider it, maybe we could do it in a messed up kind of way like in Alice in Wonderland, there are all those signs saying "Up" "Down" "This way" etc, but completely without making sense. :lmfao:

It can be funny only if Mika sees the signs and follow the instructions 😉

In my opinion he wouldn't go down in the crowd 

Nevertheless a fan action especially during THIS song in the crowd would be terrific 👌 he obviously still loves that song 

1 hour ago, Irina Samoylova said:

Всем привет.Я не понимаю. В какое время открываются двери? И когда начнется концерт. И как рано надо подходить, чтобы быть в первых рядах .

Hello @Irina Samoylova although I love the cyrillic way of writing, would it be possible for you to translate your message in english please ? We are not english but this is the language we use to communicate together 😉... Thanks you - Spasiba !

"Hello @Irina Samoylova although I love the cyrillic way of writing, would it be possible for you to translate your message in english please ? We are not english but this is the language we use to communicate together 😉... Thanks you - Spasiba !"

I wrote in English. I do not understand why it is written in Cyrillic.I wanted to know what time the concert started. What time do the doors open?And is it known whether it will be a Revelation or a Tiny Love Tour, as it was in Spain?

Edited by Irina Samoylova
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Irina Samoylova said:

I wrote in English. I do not understand why it is written in Cyrillic.I wanted to know what time the concert started. What time do the doors open?And is it known whether it will be a Revelation or a Tiny Love Tour, as it was in Spain?

If it's in the big hall that holds 6500 people I'm sure it's the Revelation tour stage. I think the Rokhal also has a hall for 1200 people, but I think it's in the big one, otherwise he could've done it in Den Atelier like the last 2 times. :dunno:

The times should be on the tickets, no? On the Rokhal website it says doors open at 7 (which probably means the support act starts at 8 and Mika at 9).

• Like 2

Thanks. So I can not understand what kind of show I expect, because it is not clear in what hall, large or small it will be.  The site says-box. What's it?

And another question.The Rockhall website says:

Every ticket you buy for a show here in Rockhal is valid for free public transport throughout the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. Use this as it helps prevent pollution and also avoids you getting stuck in traffic before and after the show.Your concert ticket = your travel ticket. This service is provided to You in cooperation with the local transport authority. So why bother with the car ... when all you have to do is show your concert ticket (hard ticket or e-ticket) to take a free train or bus through the Grand Duchy to Rockhall and back.

Can anyone from the local residents explain how it works?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Irina Samoylova said:

Thanks. So I can not understand what kind of show I expect, because it is not clear in what hall, large or small it will be.  The site says-box. What's it?

Ah, that's interesting, thanks for finding it! While on every website I can find only 2 halls, Club and Main Hall, on the Rokhal's Facebook site I found this:

Premium Concert Venue : Club (1200 cap), Box (2500 cap), Main Hall (up to 6500 cap), Rocklab (Médiathèque / Studio / Rehearsal Rooms ...)

So you're right, it could be either of the 2 shows! :shocked: I was sure so far that it'd be the big stage at the Rokhal. :doh: Maybe it makes sense to contact the venue about it - even if maybe they can't tell us what stage Mika is using, they might have links to photos of that hall, so we can see how big it is. :dunno: I'll write to them tonight and ask, unless someone of you wants to do it.

• Thanks 1

Ah, I meant to post here again because of the venue size, but forgot because I was busy with competitions. :doh: The venue didn't answer me on Facebook, but instead I found an article about a concert of Skunk Anansie, and there it said that "Box" is a configuration of the Main Hall. So well, we still can't be absolutely sure, but as the main hall should be high enough for the big stage set, I suppose that's what we'll get. :dunno:

We'll see for sure on the gig day, whether there's 2 or 6 stage trucks. :teehee:

15 minutes ago, Ysara 22 said:

Hello :bye:
I come back to you to know if we make a fanaction in Luxembourg? Because the deadline is getting shorter and shorter :dunno:

We won't do anything big, just what you can already read earlier on this thread - there's not much preparation necessary for this. ;)

• Like 2

Hi

So ? Any new ideas for fan actions ?

I have read @dcdeb's topic concerning MFC fan actions rules and I am am wondering if led balloons are not going to create a mess in that venue ?

Can these balloons burn ? Normally yes like every normal balloon if you light it with a lighter, but not with a phone and not with the led system Inside :wink2: We have tried some on New year's eve and they were really good quality and lighting for 3 days

Moreover, I think we should specify people that they have to take their balloon back home with them I think

Well, I would like to be sure whether we bring some or not please ?

Because I have found 50 balloons for 19,99 euros on french Amazon (good quality ones) and would like to order 2 packs of them, don't want to waste money for nothing :wink2:

Still looking for some other fan action but quite afraid of doing something bad now :eek::eek::eek:

• Confused 1

Hello :bye: I've booked to come to his Luxembourg show as I had to miss his London date. I'm a little anxious as I've never been to Luxembourg before and I'm going on my own, so it's good to see so many others of you that will be there also!

I hope this is OK to ask here, but does anyone have any advice on what the location is like to get to? I still haven't booked my hotel yet and I don't know whether to get something close to the venue, or if public transport will be OK that late to get me back to the main city afterwards? From what I can tell of Google it doesn't run very late into the night and I don't want to be stranded in a foreign country :doh:

I also wondered what sort of time is it best to arrive at the venue? I know doors are at 19h, but I have the whole day to get there early but I don't want to be TOO early and sit on my own in the cold all day :aah: I'd appreciate any advice!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dodgyholiday said:

Hello :bye: I've booked to come to his Luxembourg show as I had to miss his London date. I'm a little anxious as I've never been to Luxembourg before and I'm going on my own, so it's good to see so many others of you that will be there also!

I hope this is OK to ask here, but does anyone have any advice on what the location is like to get to? I still haven't booked my hotel yet and I don't know whether to get something close to the venue, or if public transport will be OK that late to get me back to the main city afterwards? From what I can tell of Google it doesn't run very late into the night and I don't want to be stranded in a foreign country :doh:

I also wondered what sort of time is it best to arrive at the venue? I know doors are at 19h, but I have the whole day to get there early but I don't want to be TOO early and sit on my own in the cold all day :aah: I'd appreciate any advice!

I can´t advice you anything but I can tell you that my friend and me booked a room at the hotel next to the venue because we don´t want to travel at night. I still don´t know when we will go to the queue, I want to wait how the weather will be. I´m sure some people will start queueing early. Maybe we will meet there 

2 hours ago, dodgyholiday said:

Maybe this helps re. your travel plans: https://m.rockhal.lu/faq-m/travel-accomodation/ - if you look on Google Maps, you'll see there's a train station very close to the venue. I also got a room at the Ibis hotel next to the venue, like Sabine, but if you prefer to get something cheaper in Luxemburg city or have an early flight/train the next day, generally it should be possible to get back to Luxemburg city after the show. Because most people who come there won't be fans who travel far like we do, but rather people from the area, and they also have to go back.

It used to be a problem when Mika used to leave only hours after the show had finished and came to meet fans then - but he doesn't do that anymore and if he waves to fans when leaving, it's not that late... so you should still be able to get a train then. Personally I prefer to have a hotel nearby, just in case, and because I might be on the train alone if I leave that late - but it depends on your personal preferences.

As for queueing, ok it's during the week, but still I don't think you'll sit there on your own, unless maybe you arrive in the early morning. :wink2: I'll only arrive in the afternoon, but I'm sure a few will be there before noon. 

• Like 2

On 1/18/2020 at 7:18 PM, Sabine64 said:

I can´t advice you anything but I can tell you that my friend and me booked a room at the hotel next to the venue because we don´t want to travel at night. I still don´t know when we will go to the queue, I want to wait how the weather will be. I´m sure some people will start queueing early. Maybe we will meet there 

For the weather next Wednesday, I saw that it was going to rain, with wind. The temperatures will vary between 4 and 7 ° C. The weather will not be great to queue, but the morale of the fans will be there I think :biggrin2:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ysara 22 said:

For the weather next Wednesday, I saw that it was going to rain, with wind. The temperatures will vary between 4 and 7 ° C. The weather will not be great to queue, but the morale of the fans will be there I think :biggrin2:

4 - 7 ° C sounds good - and the rain, they can never say that for sure a week in advance, so who knows. :bleh:

• Like 2

Thanks for the tips everyone! The Ibis is sold out for the nights I need (and a bit pricey for me honestly) but I’ve booked into a hostel a few km away so I can walk if I have to.
It’s getting close, I’m so excited! I’m used to a bit of rain so I don’t mind waiting in it :excite:

• Like 4