Beware of fake Mika accounts on Social Media!

mellody

26 minutes ago, dew said:

Is this fake account? Please clarify 

Screenshot_20240421_234307_Facebook.jpg

It definitely isn't Mika himself. I think it might be a fan account, but if they claim to be Mika or an official account associated with Mika, then it's fake.

I've moved your post to the thread where we talk about fake accounts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2024 at 8:22 PM, dew said:

Is this fake account? Please clarify 

Screenshot_20240421_234307_Facebook.jpg

I believe this is simply a fan account too. 

Spammers post in Mika fans grouos and even on Mika's official facebook page they answer to fans  and pretend to be Mika and ask you to private message you. Never message them if they ask you to. Their goal is to steal money  from you by pretending to be Mika. Always report them to the social media where they post and to MFC as well. 

Hello, 

I'm writing here because, some days ago, I have received on my Facebook this message.Screenshot_20240422_192056_Facebook.thumb.jpg.ce8527b59e7f6fa4a21e565392c70efc.jpg

I doubt this is Mika! Naturally I haven't replied. What do you think about it?

I Specific: In the message I have cancelled only my name on FB.

Anyway, on my Instagram too, I think someone that follow me has a fake profile. In the last time it's happening to me very often.There are many strange people that enjoy themselves in this manner evidently! 

15 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I believe this is simply a fan account too. 

Spammers post in Mika fans grouos and even on Mika's official facebook page they answer to fans  and pretend to be Mika and ask you to private message you. Never message them if they ask you to. Their goal is to steal money  from you by pretending to be Mika. Always report them to the social media where they post and to MFC as well. 

I am getting a whatsapp number,  and regular message,  the artist speaking about his private life and he wants donation from fan urgently to replete his bank account,  as he is in financial trouble,  the number is +14252439076.

31 minutes ago, Arianne921 said:

Hello, 

I'm writing here because, some days ago, I have received on my Facebook this message.Screenshot_20240422_192056_Facebook.thumb.jpg.ce8527b59e7f6fa4a21e565392c70efc.jpg

Anyway, on my Instagram too, I think someone that follow me has a fake profile. In the last time it's happening to me very often.There are many strange people that enjoy themselves in this manner evidently! 

I have got this too

14 minutes ago, dew said:

I am getting a whatsapp number,  and regular message,  the artist speaking about his private life and he wants donation from fan urgently to replete his bank account,  as he is in financial trouble,  the number is +14252439076.

That is definitely a scammer. Report and block! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Arianne921 said:

Hello, 

18 minutes ago, dew said:

I have got this too

Yes, another scammer. Report and block. 

I'm always suspicious of so-called fan accounts that include his official profile picture. Or that say "fan account" but then copy his official profile and bio word for word. Why? Genuine fans are usually more imaginative, and include a unique picture or info. I suspect it's usually scammers pretending to be another fan, trying to build a following of victims for a mass scam attempt. Anytime you see anything that looks similar to, or reads like, his official profile, please be wary. 

• Like 1

Came across two more over on X (twitter) both blocked and reported. The one from the second screenshot even has the audacity to post the CLV fan video! 😠

20240425_141215.thumb.png.25d598a418bf72cc107369371cf805f2.png

20240425_141231.thumb.png.d36d952b3b14376145addc2ed9c97453.png

Avoid these accounts, they are NOT Mika!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero said:

I'm always suspicious of so-called fan accounts that include his official profile picture. Or that say "fan account" but then copy his official profile and bio word for word. Why? Genuine fans are usually more imaginative, and include a unique picture or info. I suspect it's usually scammers pretending to be another fan, trying to build a following of victims for a mass scam attempt. Anytime you see anything that looks similar to, or reads like, his official profile, please be wary. 

I agree, but the account I referred to has in their bio something like "Mika is the best", and several fans use his pfp... anyway you might be right that they try to pretend being another fan or official fan website. So ofc never send money, or even just give out any personal data like your phone number, address or full name to people where you're not sure if they're genuine.

Sometimes even real accounts get hacked and try to get your phone number - keep asking them questions that only the real person would know the answer to! I nearly fell for it once when a friend's IG account got hacked and asked me for help while I was travelling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arianne921 said:

Another Mika account, but how many are they? 

Screenshot_20240425_174835_Instagram.thumb.jpg.20aaa812f4fd7064424e743ef9fbd550.jpg

Lots, unfortunately. It's very easy to create an account on social media. As soon as a scammer has one account taken down, they just open another. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Had one last month who gave themselves away. They'd copied his official profile text: "Love music and Melachi and Amira".

Except they'd typed it all in lowercase, and misspelt Amira as "amari". 😏 Love a self-own like that. 😁 But don't point it out to them if you see mistakes like that, they're useful clues for others that it might be a fake account.  Just report and block, and let them make the same telling mistake again. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dew said:

Please do something for these scammers , they are ruining the reputation of this great singer :no:

Please keep reporting them to us, Deb is forwarding all these fake accounts to Mika's team and they keep working on having them taken down. And of course also report them to the social media channel where you found the account and block them. Unfortunately that's all we can do. Here on MFC we can monitor who creates accounts and posts, but on social media it's out if our hands. :dunno:

• Like 2

Here's an example, I've just received a follow request from this account:

Screenshot_20240425-212847.thumb.png.119b911a0304b1a965c0de2def9949f9.png

Doesn't use his profile pic or bio - that's good. But. It also doesn't tell us anything about the person behind the account. There's nothing personal. Could be a scam, could be a bot. Let's look closer. The account title. Why use "officiel"? To make people think it's officially connected to him? The bio text just states "MIKA" in capital letters, like his. Again, trying to make people think it is him? Let's check the account info. The account was created in March, but has 0 posts and just one follower. But is following 83 other accounts. That's suspicious. Finally the name of the account has been changed 4 times. That's a lot, especially if it was only created in March! 

No, this account is throwing up too many warnings. There's not enough for me to definitely state it is scam, but it's possible. It could also be a bot. Either way, I don't trust it. R&B! 

• Like 1