2019 @ Shepherd's Bush Empire London, UK, 10 Nov REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Kumazzz

25 minutes ago, Eric Yu said:

Hello chefs! 

Yes, I am that person who was number 1 in the queue and slept outside the venue overnight! I am aware that I am slightly insane!

I've only recently made an account because the last time I was here I was about 14 and I have no idea what my old account was lol. This was the best night of my life. I was so overwhelmed that when the concert ended and he'd left stage door and gone, I literally sat on the green and cried my eyes out for about two hours. Probably didn't help that I'd been up for about 48 hours at that point. 

Two points I want to make about my experience queuing- it was entirely not necessary to do what I did, I didn't know what to expect so I wanted to be extra sure I would be front row, especially because I paid over £100 to get there in the first place lol. The group who got there after me and were subsequently 2+ in the line got there at around 5am ish. Please do not take this as 'I need to come earlier than that then', because to be honest, the line didn't grow much until noon, and there really is no real difference if you're 3 compared to 13. Also, sorry to be negative but some of y'all are deadass rude?!?!!? I'd been queuing since 2 in the morning, I was tired and cold. I did not need a group of people much older than me who should have known better to be jostling me and insulting other people in the queue (including me) in their native language. Oh, by the way, I have a fairly reasonable grasp of a few languages so I understood what you were saying lol! You know who you are!! You have made clowns of yourself!!! There was also a fiasco with the O2 priority queue, when people who had no right to be in the queue started trying to lie their way in, and when they got called out by people in the queue (and rightly so), they would pretend not to hear or even pretend they didn't understand. I wasn't even in their queue and I thought this was ridiculous and unfair on the people who were supposed to be in the queue. This rudeness all accumulated to a point where when we got into the venue, my friend ASKED a girl if she could move next to me, and the girl literally shoved her and called her a c*nt. When I asked if that was necessary at all for a question she could have easily just said no to, people started ganging up?? I've never seen such rudeness and childishness and it was honestly shameful, if Mika saw any of what happened he would have been mortified. 

Anyway. 

Everything's pretty much been said about the actual concert, but I just wanted to add that during Love Today Mika saw me in the crowd and took my Pride flag, as well as someone throwing him a Lebanese flag, and he ran around stage with them both. I pretty much transcended at that point lol. I wish more pictures of it had been taken because Mika holding Pride flags after everything he's been through adds 20 years to my lifespan. 

I have a lot of the concert on my instagram @fauxphrodite, and I also got the whole of Grace Kelly and the finale here.

E2A7966ewm.jpg

hi!!! i was so glad to see that you got to the front bc you had been waiting so long and it was freezing that day!! it was worth it though and the fact he took your flag!!

idk if you remember me but i briefly talked to you outside early on in the day with my sister and i think you were like 2ish people down from me in front row😊

also I recorded the end of him with the flags if you wanted it. its not a great and there are alot better clips people have uploaded on YouTube but on the off chance u want it, its there😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 4:44 PM, krysady said:

I think it's @Romy04 

Bonsoir tout le monde oui "Romy blue" c'est effectivement bien moi 😉

Excusez moi je ne parle pas l'anglais et ne "navigue"pas bien ici ...Mais je suis heureuse qu'Eriko( merci ) partage mes vidéos avec vous tous ! 😊

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Romy04 said:

Bonsoir tout le monde oui "Romy blue" c'est effectivement bien moi 😉

Excusez moi je ne parle pas l'anglais et ne "navigue"pas bien ici ...Mais je suis heureuse qu'Eriko( merci ) partage mes vidéos avec vous tous ! 😊

Merci d'avoir partagé vos vidéos

Et merci pour tous ces cœurs :flowers2:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 8:58 PM, silver said:

Thanks for the report - I think I missed a really great night. You are right about not bothering to try to see Mika after London gigs, but it is a pity long-standing UK fans miss out on this.

And I am beginning to think balcony seats are better for shows anyway, as you get such a good view of everything,  It will be interesting to see where next year's UK gig is staged.  Maybe see you there?

sorry hun just seen this now. 100% next time I will be a balcony gal 🌈🌈❤️❤️

• 4 weeks later...

PRESS REVIEW

METRO UK on 11 November 2019

3 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

METRO UK

• 11 November 2019

Mika makes emotional return to UK with showstopping performance

ttps://metro.co.uk/2019/11/11/mika-makes-emotional-return-uk-showstopping-performance-11076367/?ito=cbshare

The love in London was certainly not tiny for Mika, as he made an emotional return to the UK with a sold-out gig.

The love in London was certainly not tiny for Mika, as he made an emotional return to the UK with a sold-out gig.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/11/mika-makes-emotional-return-uk-showstopping-performance-11076367/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

After exciting fans with the release of his latest album My Name Is Michael Holbrook, the 36-year-old bounced onto the stage under a yellow hue and launched into the single Ice Cream – basically the new Lollipop.

As the lights dimmed down, his dedicated fanbase surprised the singer by raising homemade signs, all of which read: ‘We’ve missed you.’

And it seems as though Mika was just as touched by the message as we were with his return as he held his hand over his heart while taking in the view.

Agreeing with the crowd, he smiled: ‘It’s been a while,’ before blasting out his new track Dear Jealousy – and his energy took over the room.

Despite kicking back his best moves and jumping all over the stage, the star hit every note and was pitch-perfect throughout the dazzling performance.

And like his albums have taken us on a journey through his life, Mika made sure there was a story to his night, as he introduced a colour theme early on in the evening.

Breaking up the hour-and-a-half set, the much-admired A-lister sang his love anthems under a yellow light before joking that green means envy, ‘or for the purpose of this concert, jealousy,’ as he told punters how pink is both sin and desire.

But it was his last colour blue that really stole our hearts, as while explaining how it has bad reputation and is often misunderstood, the musician then broke into a rendition of Happy Ending, and it was pure magic.

Shushing the crowd so much so that you could hear a pin drop, Mika proved just how incredible his vocals are as he sang the final verse a capella.

And there wasn’t a dry eye in the house, as his raw version of the song was met by an outpour of love and rapturous applause.

The theme didn’t go unnoticed by fans, who brought along multicoloured paper hearts and lit up Shepherd’s Bush Empire, in London, with their phone lights during the track Tiny Love.

But while he sang a collection of new songs, he also treated his audience to a number of hits from his back catalogue.

Giving a shout out to his mum, who was proudly sat on the balcony, the musician took to the piano for a stripped-back version of Lollipop and added in a new verse about how love didn’t get him down – even though he revealed he’d once been dumped on Shepherd’s Bush Green at three in the morning when living in the city as a teen.

Throwing in another classic, Mika continued into the Wicked inspired hit, Popular Song – which he collaborated on with Ariana Grande back in 2013.

And just when you thought things couldn’t get better, the star clambered over the barriers, where he got up close and personal with his fans by walking among them while singing Big Girl.

The encore was just as special as the entire evening, as Mika closed off the night by bringing all the colours together with his infamous hit Grace Kelly and finished his set with a reprise of Tiny Love, which slowly blended into Stay High.

It was a showstopping performance that was met with nothing but love, and well worth the almost decade-long wait for his return. Let’s hope he comes back soon.

Mika makes emotional return to UK (Picture: Capital Pictures)

PRI_95808417.thumb.jpg.e0bacf5371e838e1125665b5bb68a56c.jpg

Fans let the star know just how much they’d missed him (Picture: Getty Images)

GettyImages-1151656467.thumb.jpg.60e48d1581541bd22bd05b40eef0dbad.jpg

He treated his audience to a number of hits from his back catalogue (Picture: Getty Images)

GettyImages-1180060854.thumb.jpg.5282063b80c668b6bc461e05a25d5b19.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1