https://www.instagram.com/p/B83ryDXlwlO/

REPORTS

PICS

VIDEOS

YouTube user alilaro

PRESS

Edited by Kumazzz
updating

This was without a doubt one of the best concerts I've ever been to. I loved how intimate the town hall felt, but also don't know why there weren't thousands more people. He is a performer with a presence that I've never experienced before. It was magical. More @mikasounds plz.

• Like 5

He sang OMS.

11 hours ago, Susan Smith said:

He sang Over My Shoulder??

Grace Kelly, Tiny Love (reprise) / Stay High and Over My Shoulder.

20 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Sharing this playlist found by @Sonelle

Thanks a million to you :hug::flowers2:

3 hours ago, KiwiMikaFreak said:

I was shooketh when he sang Over my Shoulder but it was so impromptu because he said he loved the acoustics of the town hall and that he didn't get many amazing venues like it

Can you give a little review of the gig?  Or are you still on :cloud:

• Like 2

PRESS

Tour Buzz.co.nz

Concert Review : Mika Live In NZ

Mika rocked Auckland Town Hall last night with the Revelation Tour. Although he gained popularity back in 2007 after releasing his hit single Grace Kelly, this was the first time that the Lebanese-born singer had made his way to New Zealand in his career. The concert was nothing short of a great night as he brought his moves and personality to the stage, engaging with the audience for the entire show.

As the lights went down, Mika came blasting out on stage in a bright red suit and began performing ‘Ice Cream’, the lead single from his fifth album, My Name Is Michael Holbrook. Everyone that was sitting in their seats were out of them now, as the singer instantly turned his show into a dance party. Although a theatrical performer, Mika was very soft spoken when interacting with the crowd and was an incredible storyteller, giving the meaning behind his songs before performing them. He continued the first part of his set with more up-tempo songs like ‘Dear Jealousy’, and ‘Origin of Love’. He also included some throwbacks from his first album, Life in Cartoon Motion, like ‘Relax, Take It Easy’ and ‘Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)’. Hearing these songs definitely took me right back as I hadn’t heard them in years, and the fact that he performed them so well made it even better. He also took his audience interaction to another level by going into the mosh pit while singing as the crowd danced and jumped around him. It was cool to see to see that he was enjoying it just as much as the crowd was too.

After starting the show on such a high, Mika started to slow things down for the night as he went onto performing songs like ‘Underwater’ and ‘Paloma’, which are both piano ballads. He quickly picked up the pace again and performed ‘Tomorrow’, and his 2013 hit that features Ariana Grande, ‘Popular Song’. Even though the dancing had slowed down a little bit amongst the crowd, everyone was still singing along to every word he sang which was really good to see considering we don’t always hear a lot of his music being played on mainstream radio over here! To slow things down again, he performed a stripped-down acoustic version of ‘Happy Ending’, another throwback from his first album. He closed out the show on a high and energetic note with ‘Love Today’ and ‘We Are Golden’, and came back for encore with his iconic hit ‘Grace Kelly’. By then, the whole crowd was up off their seats again. As the show came to an end, Mika liked the venue so much that he even performed another song that was not usually on his tour set list, ‘Over My Shoulder’. This is another song from earlier in his career. It was also quite slow and stripped back as he played it solo on the piano without help from his band.

This was such a fun night! I went in not knowing what to expect as I had only heard his earlier work and wasn’t completely up to date on his recent stuff. However, I felt that I didn’t really have to know every song to enjoy the night as I was kept up on my feet the entire time. Mika has a really great stage presence and always knows how to keep the crowd on their toes with his high energy and quirky way of storytelling. He interacted with the audience with every chance he got and certainly knew how to capture everyone’s attention with his amazing voice and electric moves. If you’re ever in need of a night to just dance all your troubles away, I would highly suggest going to a Mika show!

Reviewed by: Shelley Earwaker

744935985_TomGrut_Auckland2020_NZ(3).thumb.jpg.217f16a13e11d56910078dc9a69d83ff.jpg

925761681_TomGrut_Auckland2020_NZ(5).thumb.jpg.4d80c355bb98f6268936553bdf7dd2f2.jpg

1925431449_TomGrut_Auckland2020_NZ(7).thumb.jpg.875212944762493e16cf858364fb66d0.jpg

1076587961_TomGrut_Auckland2020_NZ(9).thumb.jpg.246b75799d25cc962ab0484b376a1d6f.jpg

1933477609_TomGrut_Auckland2020_NZ(6).thumb.jpg.2959ff0b26ddc7cc9063749ab3807b7d.jpg

904848165_TomGrut_Auckland2020_NZ(1).thumb.jpg.e4dcfd3411362fd88d966d08915be9fd.jpg

1555773942_TomGrut_Auckland2020_NZ(4).thumb.jpg.c36d53a1f0bff8dc964f2c6d47336034.jpg

1638039502_TomGrut_Auckland2020_NZ(8).thumb.jpg.f4335987f81491946a6acc2d0b71b3dd.jpg

2051099107_TomGrut_Auckland2020_NZ(2).thumb.jpg.6d1f34acbd407c122f7c54c6c30e4188.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...