Christmas 2021

Prisca

37 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Ok, the multiple choice test with 40 was supposed to go 30 minutes, ended up going 17 minutes :teehee:. And I got 17 out of 40 right -_-. The level is: A2-Pre-Intermediate. I had to pick out the correct conjugated verb form everywhere. I have hardly any idea about it. I only got around to practising verbs the last few days after months. :doh:

Is this a test available online? Might have a laugh trying to remember my old GCSE Spanish. :naughty:

37 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Dear Mika :bye:,

Please do concerts this year in a Spanish-speaking country to increase my motivation to learn the language faster. If you play in Spain, you would especially make @Mikasister very happy with it. :yes:

Yes. :thumb_yello:  But not in summer as it gets too hot. Unless it's a private MFC beach party and we can dance in the sea to cool off. 😎 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hero said:

Is this a test available online? Might have a laugh trying to remember my old GCSE Spanish. 

Well, I did the test at this page:

https://www.esl.ch/de/online-sprachtests/spanisch-test

You can click at "Gratis Test starten" :wink2::

grafik.thumb.png.66e0f1990cf7d7c107b5403718eb64fc.png

Sorry guys for the :ot:.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Ok, the multiple choice test with 40 was supposed to go 30 minutes, ended up going 17 minutes :teehee:. And I got 17 out of 40 right -_-. The level is: A2-Pre-Intermediate. I had to pick out the correct conjugated verb form everywhere. I have hardly any idea about it. I only got around to practising verbs the last few days after months. :doh:

Dear Mika :bye:,

Please do concerts this year in a Spanish-speaking country to increase my motivation to learn the language faster. If you play in Spain, you would especially make @Mikasister very happy with it. :yes:

Spanish is very complicated, especially the verb tenses. But you're a smart girl, and when you finish with Spanish I can teach you catalan. Knowing italian, catalan wouldn't be difficult for you.:wink2:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mikasister said:

Spanish is very complicated, especially the verb tenses.

I think the tense logic is the same in Spanish as in Italian (or very similar at least), but I would have to memorise all the conjugated forms. :sweatdrop:

Work less, learn more Spanish. :thumb_yello:

After all, I also went from A1 to B2 in French in 4,5 months. It was hard, I tell you, but I forced myself to do it. I took a curly-haired guy as a role model, you might know him! :biggrin2:

• Haha 3

Fun fact: My Mum had a holiday apartment in Costa del sol, which we went to once or twice a year from when I was aged 2 - 6. I've read that young children pick up languages really quickly at this age because a child's brain is like a sponge and soaks up everything. 

I did that online test that @Prisca shared....

20220104_221952.thumb.png.ffff1c45e7171010afca1229fd4fc7ae.png

Turns out I'm not a sponge when it comes to Spanish! 😅

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Fun fact: My Mum had a holiday apartment in Costa del sol, which we went to once or twice a year from when I was aged 2 - 6. I've read that young children pick up languages really quickly at this age because a child's brain is like a sponge and soaks up everything. 

I did that online test that @Prisca shared....

20220104_221952.thumb.png.ffff1c45e7171010afca1229fd4fc7ae.png

Turns out I'm not a sponge when it comes to Spanish! 😅

You have the same level as me, but you learnt Italian and not Spanish, so... :lmfao:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Prisca said:

but you learnt Italian and not Spanish, so... :lmfao:

I still find it strange though that Spanish never stuck with me at all, I studied French for 3 years and still struggle with it, and yet having never learned Italian before (at least not a year ago) my learning is going really well and I am remembering more and more every day!

Also thanks to a curly haired role model! :biggrin2:

• Haha 2

I'm learning Spanish for about 5 years (but with many breaks), I made the biggest progress in the past 2 years. This year my resolution is to get the DELE B2 certificate. I'm not quite there, I'm still taking classes but I think I could be able to take the exam in July.

The biggest problem for me is the speaking part - I'm able to learn the grammar, I'm quite good at writing, I'm also trying to read a lot in Spanish and to watch a lot of Netflix in Spanish (with Spanish subtitles but still, I'm able to understand it without help most of the times) but speaking is hard for me, I need more practice... :sweatdrop: I make really bad and stupid mistakes because there's too much to think about, all at once (what do you want to say, vocabulary, verb tense, indicative or subjunctive... :blowup:). It's much easier for me to write because you aren't under such a pressure. So wish me luck! :lol3: 

On the other hand, I don't really "need" the certificate for anything so I don't have to do it if I don't want to but somehow, it would be nice to get it. :biggrin2: 

I'll try the test Prisca posted above.

• Like 3

So I made the test but the result is a joke... I'm good at this type of grammar tests but my level really isn't so high. :doh:

20220105_125746.thumb.jpg.d4e6ec73fc812a32c4baaf3b138a955f.jpg

My speaking level is probably B1. :blush:

19 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

there's too much to think about, all at once (what do you want to say, vocabulary, verb tense, indicative or subjunctive...

I almost forgot, also ser/estar/haber... It's easy but while speaking, I'm just unable to think about so many aspects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

So I made the test but the result is a joke... I'm good at this type of grammar tests but my level really isn't so high. :doh:

You got 36 out of 40, I'd say that's pretty good!

I'm sure you'll be fluent in Spanish in no time! 

I get what you mean with speaking a language compared to writing it. I find reading/writing Italian much easier than speaking it. Living in the UK there's really not many opportunities for me to go out and speak it. Maybe I should just start speaking it anyway even if other people don't understand me? 🤔 😄

Is there an Italian version of that test @Prisca?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

Yeah, I guess that's your passive knowledge. :wink2:

I guess it's always like that with these multiple choice questions. You "only" have to tick what is right and not write it yourself and that is a huge difference. I guess you got such a good result because you have a feeling for what is right. :thumb_yello: As you said, you've read a lot, watched Netflix, etc.

On the other hand, this is only a test of a language school and not representative, but I guess it indicates approximately what level you have. :original:

And there are the areas: oral, write, listening and comprehension...

And since speaking is an active skill, it's quite possible that your level is lower there, since you don't have much opportunity to speak Spanish. :original:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

You got 36 out of 40, I'd say that's pretty good!

I'm sure you'll be fluent in Spanish in no time! 

I get what you mean with speaking a language compared to writing it. I find reading/writing Italian much easier than speaking it. Living in the UK there's really not many opportunities for me to go out and speak it. Maybe I should just start speaking it anyway even if other people don't understand me? 🤔 😄

Is there an Italian version of that test @Prisca?

I moved the conversation to here:

• Thanks 2

I'm wondering about starting a thread where we could talk about customs in different countries throughout the year.  There are always common festivals, like Christmas and Easter, but lots of countries celebrate other days in a special way - foods, customs etc.

What do you think?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, silver said:

I'm wondering about starting a thread where we could talk about customs in different countries throughout the year.  There are always common festivals, like Christmas and Easter, but lots of countries celebrate other days in a special way - foods, customs etc.

What do you think?

Excellent idea! :clap:

• Like 1