Bonjour/Hi from Montréal, Canada!

Danieli

Hello! my name is Daniel, I'm French Canadian and I'm of Lebanese descent. I'm in my twenties and work in the healthcare field. I currently live in Montréal. Growing up, MIKA wasn't unknown to me, seeing as he's a legend and from the same nationality as me. Every Lebanese I know is proud of the fact that MIKA & Shakira are part Lebanese :p. My earliest and most distant memory of liking MIKA was when I requested "Relax, Take it Easy" at my Grade 3 teacher's wedding (I was somewhat of a teacher's pet ;) ).

I've seen MIKA only once in concert in Lille, France on Dec 15th, 2019. Lebanon had already started to experience increasing turmoil at the time, so I had brought a Lebanese flag with me to the concert, and MIKA had noticed it and gestured a heart my way. I obviously "attended" (if that counts) the virtual concert dedicated to Beirut (on that note, can we all agree that Promiseland with Mashrou' Leila is the collaboration we didn't know we all needed!). I look forward to finally seeing him on Canadian soil in one week on April 25th in Montréal at the Bell Centre.

Happy to share my love for MIKA with fans from around the world through this platform! I'm not too forum savvy, so please bear with me :)

• Like 5

Hi Daniel, lovely to hear your story and that you'll be at the Montréal gig! I'm a relatively new Mika fan myself, in that I've enjoyed his music since his early days ("Relax" was the first song I remember hearing in 2007, while I was a student in France :) ), but haven't engaged much with his fandom or his live performances until recently. Montréal will be my first, if I'm lucky (wasn't so lucky with the Boston gig :doh: ). No worries about not being forum savvy - I'm still getting the hang of it myself. Welcome and enjoy!

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the MFC! I’m Lindsey from Indiana, USA. The “Promiseland” collab with Mashrou’ Leila is one of my favorite MIKA songs/performances. Don’t worry about being confused by the forums, I was at first too (I joined last fall), but it’s getting easier to use with practice!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Daniel! :bye:

I'm Gabriella and I live in Italy, nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC! :welcomeani:

Relax is my favourite song... I love it! 

Have fun here and see you around... :cheer:

• 7 months later...