Mika's Social Media & official Website updates - 2023

Mikasister

10 minutes ago, Hero said:

I give up, he obviously wants people to know where he's staying! :doh::lmfao:Or he's too tired to realise. Bless him. :wub2:

He's been doing this long enough, there's always a back exit. :wink2:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Or it's quite possible that he was not there already. :lol3:

I would normally agree but considering the time he posted that, I don't think he was already outside... 🤔

58 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I would normally agree but considering the time he posted that, I don't think he was already outside... 🤔

He might have had an early flight or other early appointments, so maybe he was gone by the time he posted this, or on his way out.

Edit: Then again, he probably really doesn't care, because in Paris also everyone knows where he's staying when he's there. :dunno_grin:

• Like 1

Ah the Lanesborough! I went for high tea there once (pre Mika), it’s absolutely stunning from the inside.
However, the people going for high tea there… not so much. I distinctively remember going there, because this ironic scene is just etched in my mind; imagine this luxurious hotel with beautiful carpets and chairs and chandeliers…. And then women dressed in pants that were so low that you could see their crack when they would sit. I mean!?! Dresscode “smart” casual? :facepalm:

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, mellody said:

He might have had an early flight or other early appointments, so maybe he was gone by the time he posted this, or on his way out.

Yes, he wouldn't get up at this time of his own free will. :teehee:

If he had a meeting, however, it may be that he will return.

43 minutes ago, mellody said:

Edit: Then again, he probably really doesn't care, because in Paris also everyone knows where he's staying when he's there. :dunno_grin:

Yes, he'll be fine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Ah the Lanesborough! I went for high tea there once (pre Mika), it’s absolutely stunning from the inside.
However, the people going for high tea there… not so much. I distinctively remember going there, because this ironic scene is just etched in my mind; imagine this luxurious hotel with beautiful carpets and chairs and chandeliers…. And then women dressed in pants that were so low that you could see their crack when they would sit. I mean!?! Dresscode “smart” casual? :facepalm:

Welcome to Britain! :facepalm: 🙈

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Hero said:

I give up, he obviously wants people to know where he's staying! :doh::lmfao:Or he's too tired to realise. Bless him. :wub2:

Sexy Halloween pumpkin. 😁

Maybe it was his way of saying "something's happening in London today"

and if I had known, I might have flown over - not because he said at which hotel he's staying but for hearing him sing my fave Beatles song, omg! :crybaby: Ok one of my faves, they have too many good ones - but this one was the one my husband and me chose to be played last at our wedding party, and we made sure everyone had glowstick hearts like the one I had used for some of Mika's gigs - so this song has some very special memories for me, and hearing Mika sing it live would have been a dream come true. I hope we'll get at least a full video of this performance. But as the author of that tweet wrote "improptu", it might just have been something spontaneous.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, mellody said:

and if I had known, I might have flown over - not because he said at which hotel he's staying but for hearing him sing my fave Beatles song, omg! :crybaby: Ok one of my faves, they have too many good ones - but this one was the one my husband and me chose to be played last at our wedding party, and we made sure everyone had glowstick hearts like the one I had used for some of Mika's gigs - so this song has some very special memories for me, and hearing Mika sing it live would have been a dream come true. I hope we'll get at least a full video of this performance. But as the author of that tweet wrote "improptu", it might just have been something spontaneous.

In London, today? :blink::blink::blink:

While I was at work?? :blink::blink::blink:

And I missed it???? 

:overreact:

:crybaby:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, mellody said:

Looks like a rehearsal. Maybe for The Piano Xmas episode? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mellody said:

So it was at Kings Cross railway station in London.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyeV4v-oOwa/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hero said:

they must be filming for the Christmas episode of The Piano. 

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Maybe for The Piano Xmas episode? 

Yep! Some people were invited to watch if they were close enough to the train station or able to get there in time.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Yep! Some people were invited to watch if they were close enough to the train station or able to get there in time.

Really, invited? How? I saw this guy who took photos with Mika, but I assume a friend told him about it? Or he saw it on socials - I've now seen a few tweets who posted a photo of the setup yesterday am, saying The Piano would be filmed there later.

3 hours ago, mellody said:

Really, invited? How? I saw this guy who took photos with Mika, but I assume a friend told him about it? Or he saw it on socials - I've now seen a few tweets who posted a photo of the setup yesterday am, saying The Piano would be filmed there later.

I'd imagine it was done through the crew of the TV production team to contact anyone they know in the area to be there. Of course ordinary people and commuters passing through would have probably stopped to watch as well but I would expect the team would want to create the feel of having a small audience. I can't be 100% sure how it will look on TV, but when it airs it might look as though a small crowd is already placed there to watch, but in fact it's slightly "staged" with the people who were invited. This is fairly common with outdoor TV productions.

Saying that, with the massive success of The Piano here I'd expect a small audience could easily be created with just members of the public already there too. I also saw the posts on Twitter so some may have gone on the off chance of seeing it filmed if they had the time. Certainly makes me wish I was back in London!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'd imagine it was done through the crew of the TV production team to contact anyone they know in the area to be there. Of course ordinary people and commuters passing through would have probably stopped to watch as well but I would expect the team would want to create the feel of having a small audience. I can't be 100% sure how it will look on TV, but when it airs it might look as though a small crowd is already placed there to watch, but in fact it's slightly "staged" with the people who were invited. This is fairly common with outdoor TV productions.

Saying that, with the massive success of The Piano here I'd expect a small audience could easily be created with just members of the public already there too. I also saw the posts on Twitter so some may have gone on the off chance of seeing it filmed if they had the time. Certainly makes me wish I was back in London!

I don't know, CJ, it sounds like you know more than you're letting on ;) Have you been talking to someone who was invited to attend, by chance?

To me, they (Mika, Lang Lang, the singers) all seem so casually dressed -- I would think they would wear something a little nicer for the actual show, so I wonder if this was just a rehearsal and they will be there again today? :huh:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

To me, they (Mika, Lang Lang, the singers) all seem so casually dressed -- I would think they would wear something a little nicer for the actual show, so I wonder if this was just a rehearsal and they will be there again today? :huh:

Yes, I'm wondering that too, saw some people on Twitter assuming that it was rehearsals and they might be filming for a few days. Maybe we'll know tonight... if not, I might just write to Love Productions and ask.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

I don't know, CJ, it sounds like you know more than you're letting on ;) Have you been talking to someone who was invited to attend, by chance?

No, I don't know anyone who attended 😅

I guess I'm just reminded of a small production I got the chance to see filmed some time ago (it was a small local event here in Yorkshire), I honestly thought everyone in the crowd were all ordinary members of the public but some had been invited by agents to make up the numbers I guess. 

The Piano team might not have gone down that route after all, even though there were posts on Twitter it might have also been advertised locally in London. Besides, it's not like London train stations are ever empty!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyghEaRIKLZ/

Big news! I can finally reveal that my album 'Que ta tête fleurisse toujours’ will be released on December 1st! The artwork was created in collaboration with the amazingly talented @matmaitland with photography by @royalgilbert and I am so proud of what we have achieved!

To celebrate the album announcement, I have also launched a brand new store (link in bio) which also includes brand new merchandise! You can pre-order the album today exclusively from the new store and from tomorrow it will also be available for pre-order from all other outlets!

Thank you all for waiting so patiently and I cannot wait to reveal more surprises over the coming days!!!!!

Bonne nouvelle ! Je peux enfin vous annoncer officiellement que mon album 'Que ta tête fleurisse toujours' sortira le 1er décembre ! Le visuel a été créé en collaboration avec l'incroyablement talentueux @matmaitland et les photos de @royalgilbert et je suis tellement fier de ce que nous avons réalisé !

Pour célébrer l'annonce de l'album, j’ouvre ce soir une toute nouvelle boutique (lien dans la bio) qui comprend également de nouveaux produits ! Vous pouvez précommander l'album aujourd'hui sur la nouvelle boutique en exclusivité et à partir de demain il sera également disponible en précommande dans tous les autres points de vente habituels !

Merci à tous d'avoir attendu si patiemment et j'ai hâte de vous révéler toutes les surprises qui vont arriver dans les prochains jours !!!!!

#quettateteffleurissetoujours #mayyourheadalwaysbloom

392768096_1051261332976660_9111743310997597798_n.jpg

• Like 2