MIKA's Soundtrack instrumentals for "Zodi et Tehu, Princes of the Desert"

Kumazzz

11 hours ago, silver said:

I don't think we need individual threads for each part of the soundtrack.Ā 

Ā 

I agree, talking about 19 individual pieces of music could get confusing, just for the instrumental parts I'd rather just discuss them here without making extra long threads.

• Like 3

On 2/3/2023 at 9:35 AM, mellody said:

I've moved a few posts here, so we have a thread to talk about the (instrumental) songs.

Ā 

Ā 

Yes, I noticed that too. And in another song I can hear a bit of "Les Baisers Perdus". I love this, it's like little nods to Mika's songs that we've known for years, and it's generally the feeling I get from this soundtrack, it's so new, something we never heard before from Mika, but at the same time so 100% Mika, the way we've known him for 16 years. :wub2:

Ā 

I like that: "something we never heard before from Mika, but at the same time so 100% Mika." That's exactly it.

Ā 

Ā 

On 2/3/2023 at 10:39 AM, Maaikie... said:

If only I could actually listen to it.. I canā€™t find it in the Apple store, nor SpotifyĀ :annoyed:Ā Anyone else in the Netherlands dealing with this?Ā 

Ā 

How frustrating for you! I'm trying to find out what the story is.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

5 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Ā 

I agree, talking about 19 individual pieces of music could get confusing, just for the instrumental parts I'd rather just discuss them here without making extra long threads.

Ā 

I think @TinyLove_CJ sums up my feelings on this, too.Ā  I don't think we need 19 separate threads. I mean, a couple of the tracks are less than a minute long. I think comparing and contrasting the different tracks here in one thread makes more sense. :thumb_yello:

• Like 5

Already commented on this somewhere but there's never enough appreciation when it comes to Mika's work, right? šŸ˜€ Overall, this soundtrack is epic and mind-provoking, it's a rollercoaster of emotions. With my headphones on, I sank into the world of fantasies. It felt like reading a book you're writing yourself by listening to those beautiful tracks.

Ā 

"Early in the morning" sounds like a true soundtrack of the most beautiful sunrise you could have ever imagined.

Love the sweetness and playfulness of "The Butterfly and the Miracle".

"The boy and the camel in the night" feels like a warm hug ā¤ļø

During "Farewell Tehu", I wanted to hug Zodi and Tehu!

"Final Race" - If hope could gallop, that would be the sound od it!

Ā 

Mika proved again that he is an incredible, out-of-this-world, with-or-without-words storytellerĀ :cloud:

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Vero Bott said:

Already commented on this somewhere but there's never enough appreciation when it comes to Mika's work, right? šŸ˜€ Overall, this soundtrack is epic and mind-provoking, it's a rollercoaster of emotions. With my headphones on, I sank into the world of fantasies. It felt like reading a book you're writing yourself by listening to those beautiful tracks.

Ā 

"Early in the morning" sounds like a true soundtrack of the most beautiful sunrise you could have ever imagined.

Love the sweetness and playfulness of "The Butterfly and the Miracle".

"The boy and the camel in the night" feels like a warm hug ā¤ļø

During "Farewell Tehu", I wanted to hug Zodi and Tehu!

"Final Race" - If hope could gallop, that would be the sound od it!

Ā 

Mika proved again that he is an incredible, out-of-this-world, with-or-without-words storytellerĀ :cloud:

"Early in the morning" made me cry.Ā 

Relistening to it, at the very end it reminds me of Ennio Morricone's soundtracks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SusanT said:

Relistening to it, at the very end it reminds me of Ennio Morricone's soundtracks.

It's a beautiful piece of music ā¤ļø

And I agree, it has a similar sound as Morricone's soundtrack šŸ™‚ The first song with the similar theme that came to my mind was Coldplay's Sunrise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vero Bott said:

Early in the morning" sounds like a true soundtrack of the most beautiful sunrise you could have ever imagined.

Ā 

Indeed, I can just see the dew drops in my mind, and the flowers slowly opening their blossoms. :wub2:Ā I need to see if I can set that as my alarm on the phone, it's such a beautiful sound to wake up to. :wub2:

Ā 

In the RTL interview Mika talks a bit about his inspirations for the soundtrack, and I'm not surprised to find Vangelis there. "The Beginning" reminds me of it. He also mentions West Side Story, Gone with the Wind and Jaws, all great soundtracks! :mikalove:

Ā 

The Butterfly and the Miracle is so beautiful, it's one of my faves on the album. :cloud:Ā I really can see the butterfly fluttering, and feel the magic happening in this song. The soundtrack makes me so curious to watch the movie, to see how similar the images Mika creates in my head with his music are to the ones he saw in the movie for creating this music.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, mellody said:

Ā I need to see if I can set that as my alarm on the phone, it's such a beautiful sound to wake up to. :wub2:

Ā 

This is a great idea, that song it's perfect for that!Ā 

• Like 1

It is truly amazing.Ā 

Ā 

Facing the storm is a piece of such intensity. The mid section where it just builds and builds and builds, adding layers one on top of another, swirling and encompassing the listener in a seemingly endless storm of musical notes,Ā  which should be jarring but somehow they blend together to become this incredible immersive experience. And then, the release afterwards, the chance to draw breath that you didn't realise you'd been holding. Just, amazing!

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, mellody said:

I need to see if I can set that as my alarm on the phone, it's such a beautiful sound to wake up to. :wub2:

Perfect idea!

Ā 

In the RTL interview Mika talks a bit about his inspirations for the soundtrack, and I'm not surprised to find Vangelis there. "The Beginning" reminds me of it.

I hadn't thought of that but now you've said it, yes absolutely.Ā 

Ā 

Jaws

I knew I heard that.Ā :biggrin2:Ā 

Ā 

I also thought at one point of Stravinsky's Rite of Spring, with the stilted music and jagged strings.Ā 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SusanT said:

Ā 

And it looks like that's no coincidence: :biggrin2:

Ā 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mellody said:

Ā 

Indeed, I can just see the dew drops in my mind, and the flowers slowly opening their blossoms. :wub2:Ā I need to see if I can set that as my alarm on the phone, it's such a beautiful sound to wake up to. :wub2:

Ā 

In the RTL interview Mika talks a bit about his inspirations for the soundtrack, and I'm not surprised to find Vangelis there. "The Beginning" reminds me of it. He also mentions West Side Story, Gone with the Wind and Jaws, all great soundtracks! :mikalove:

Ā 

The Butterfly and the Miracle is so beautiful, it's one of my faves on the album. :cloud:Ā I really can see the butterfly fluttering, and feel the magic happening in this song. The soundtrack makes me so curious to watch the movie, to see how similar the images Mika creates in my head with his music are to the ones he saw in the movie for creating this music.

Beautiful fantasy!

I was strolling through a forest that was waking up, with the first rays of sun making their way through the branches and leaves šŸŒžĀ 

Ā 

Nice to read about his sources of inspiration, thank you!

And I also can't wait to watch the movie to experience the music together with the visuals šŸ’›

• Like 2

Hi everybody!Ā :original:

Ā 

For all those who haven't been able to listen to the new TEHU movie soundtrack yet and who have a messenger account, I can send you the MP4 links (ie the individual songs one by one) if you wish.

Ā 

This will at least allow you to discover all the music from this wonderful soundtrack. I just sent them to @Miky SchynsĀ (who lives in Belgium and is affected by this restriction), and I confirm: it works. :thumb_yello:

Ā 

So give me a sign.Ā :giveup::pbjt:

I am thinking in particular of @KumazzzĀ and @Maaikie....

See you later.

Ā 

Happy I Love You GIF by Life of a Potato

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Happymika_by_celine said:

Salut tout le monde!Ā :original:

Ā 

Pour tous ceux qui n'ont pas encore pu Ć©couter la bande originale du nouveau film TEHU et qui ont un compte messenger, je peux vous envoyer les liens MP4 (c'est Ć  dire les chansons individuelles une par une) si vous le souhaitez.

Ā 

Cela vous permettra au moins de dĆ©couvrir toute la musique de cette merveilleuse bande originale. je viens de les envoyer Ć @Miky SchynsĀ (qui vit en Belgique et est concernĆ© par cette restriction), et je confirme : Ƨa marche.:pouce_jaune:

Ā 

Alors fais-moi signe.Ā :abandonner::pbjt:

Je pense notamment Ć @KumazzzĀ et@Maaikie....

ƀ plus tard.

Ā 

Heureux je t'aime GIF par Life of a Potato

Encore merci ma CĆ©linetteĀ :bow:Ā :cloud::mikalove:

Je peux Ć  prĆ©sent vous envoyer aussi les musiques individuelles par messenger. Je viens de faire plaisir Ć  trois fansĀ :hi5:Ā et Ƨa c'est superĀ :excite:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I was by myself in the office at work so I put the soundtrack playlist on. Colleague wanders in to collect his coat. He stops and listens (it was on track 2). "Oh that's nice. I like that.. Wait, is that Mika's soundtrack that you mentioned before?" "Yes, yes it is.Ā :yes:" "It's really nice. Peaceful. I could work to that. (...long pause...) Um, what's it called again?":teehee:Ā I sent him the link to the playlist. šŸ˜Š Happy and proud.Ā 

• Like 11

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, SusanT said:

I found the film on Mediaset Infinity. It's in the category "film a noleggio".Ā 

It's available on Amazon.itĀ  as well.

Ā 

Be careful though if you decide to get the film from Amazon.Ā  Amazon has the dvd, which apparently is only in French; instead you can stream the movie in ItalianĀ  on Prime Video.

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 3