MIKA's Soundtrack instrumentals for "Zodi et Tehu, Princes of the Desert"

Kumazzz

Amazon Music

https://amazon.fr/music/player/albums/B0BT8GRN11?marketplaceId=A13V1IB3VIYZZH&musicTerritory=FR&ref=dm_sh_faubUnbOly3mIOsdOrYoJLD5Q 

edit by mellody: In this thread we can talk about the music of the instrumentals on this soundtrack. We have separate threads for Feels like Fire (one for both versions) and No time to Leave.

Edited by mellody
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The whole soundtrack is beautiful. I love all the music from The Beginning to the end! With a few of the music pieces it's nice to hear Mika's voice dotted here and there. There's something quite comforting about hearing Mika do heart beat sounds for Two Hearts Beat Together.

My favourite piece of non lyrical music is Final Race, it just feels like there's so much happiness behind it, I can really begin to imagine a camel race when I close my eyes to that music! 

With Calm After the Storm does anyone else think it sounds like Over my Shoulder?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

The whole soundtrack is beautiful. I love all the music from The Beginning to the end! With a few of the music pieces it's nice to hear Mika's voice dotted here and there. There's something quite comforting about hearing Mika do heart beat sounds for Two Hearts Beat Together.

My favourite piece of non lyrical music is Final Race, it just feels like there's so much happiness behind it, I can really begin to imagine a camel race when I close my eyes to that music! 

With Calm After the Storm does anyone else think it sounds like Over my Shoulder?

Me too :wub2:

• Like 1

I've only just managed to listen to the whole soundtrack since this morning (I've been working :D), and these are the ones I like the most:

No time to leave,

The Butterfly and the Miracle

Tehu's theme

Farewell Tehu

Tehu's return home to the village and

Feels like Fire (Orchestral Version). 

• Like 3

I've moved a few posts here, so we have a thread to talk about the (instrumental) songs.

4 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Yes, I noticed that too. And in another song I can hear a bit of "Les Baisers Perdus". I love this, it's like little nods to Mika's songs that we've known for years, and it's generally the feeling I get from this soundtrack, it's so new, something we never heard before from Mika, but at the same time so 100% Mika, the way we've known him for 16 years. :wub2:

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, mellody said:

I've moved a few posts here, so we have a thread to talk about the (instrumental) songs.

Yes, I noticed that too. And in another song I can hear a bit of "Les Baisers Perdus". I love this, it's like little nods to Mika's songs that we've known for years, and it's generally the feeling I get from this soundtrack, it's so new, something we never heard before from Mika, but at the same time so 100% Mika, the way we've known him for 16 years. :wub2:

We feel home :wub2:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Maaikie... said:

If only I could actually listen to it.. I can’t find it in the Apple store, nor Spotify :annoyed: Anyone else in the Netherlands dealing with this? 

Michelle (@holdingyourdrink) said she could download it from iTunes.

2 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Michelle (@holdingyourdrink) said she could download it from iTunes.

Nope not there.. even if I follow the album link through google it says I can’t get it. (I usually find J-pop songs through this method that I can’t find in the app)

B1A4CA07-9C9A-4E87-AE42-6C52B129CBF6.png

538D51F2-9547-4DD1-BAE4-7DB2646B2961.png

71EBCACD-2DF8-44B5-AD0A-DDAD9971D4BE.png

Edited by Maaikie...
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Maaikie... said:

Nope not there.. even if I follow the album link through google it says I can’t get it. (I usually find J-pop songs through this method that I can’t find in the app)

B1A4CA07-9C9A-4E87-AE42-6C52B129CBF6.png

538D51F2-9547-4DD1-BAE4-7DB2646B2961.png

71EBCACD-2DF8-44B5-AD0A-DDAD9971D4BE.png

Sorry, I forgot, Michelle is Dutch but lives in Germany. :doh:

3 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Sorry, I forgot, Michelle is Dutch but lives in Germany. :doh:

yeah can you believe it? Germany actually being able to access foreign music like this and the Netherlands not? What a joke. :dunno: 

I just linked the apple music album to myself (stumbled upon a spanish one for some reason) and it also said not available on my apple music app.. I wonder if there are more countries that get passed over with this release..

• Sad 2

The only reason why I still didn't write my joy here is I'm totally speechless. I really don't know what to say about this soundtrack. I knew it would be wonderful, but it's even better.

I waited to hear that since months, like everything Mika makes, but even more because I was really curious to hear, and also, because beside Mika I really like to listen instrumental music, may be classical, soundtracks or modern piano pieces. So, Mika making that inspired me this : :cloud::excite::stretcher:

And that's also what I feel now I heard it. All that I can say at the moment is I'm really moved. :wub2: I think Mika writing a movie soundrack was really something I needed in my life without knowing it. It's something totally new, but yes, I agree with you, it's still him. I would love to make a super-long speech about what all that inspires me, but I can't -not yet. I just LOVE this soundtrack very, very much. That's all. 

For the moment, I have difficulties to tell what are my favorites pieces. I think each of them have one bit I really love, so it's hard to tell. I suppose I will be able to in some time. 

Honestly, if someone tells me Mika is just some commercial singer or, without talent, I will put this soundrack under his nose... or on the ears. 

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Maaikie... said:

yeah can you believe it? Germany actually being able to access foreign music like this and the Netherlands not? What a joke. :dunno: 

I just linked the apple music album to myself (stumbled upon a spanish one for some reason) and it also said not available on my apple music app.. I wonder if there are more countries that get passed over with this release..

Maybe it's something to do with the film release? :dunno:

• Sad 2

Guys please I beg you, can we have one thread for each song of this album as we usually do :bow:

So we can talk about each music in its own thread? 

If the mods could do it, it would be sfo sweet. 

Even if some musics have no lyrics each of them is special and touches or hearts and we do hear Mika's voice, music, heart and art in it :wub2:

The beginning hit my soul so strongly and I feel deprived not to be able to talk about it in its own thread (it's true for the others too) and share with other fans.

I would open  the threads but I can be very messy so if @Kumazzz @mellody 

@dcdebor @silvercould open the threads and link/merge whatever should be I'd be so very happy :wub2:

Also they are all on this youtube playlist 

1 minute ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Guys please I beg you, can we have one thread for each song of this album as we usually do :bow:

Even if some musics have no lyrics each of them is special and touches or hearts and we do hear Mika's voice, music, heart and art in it :wub2:

The beginning hit my soul so strongly and I feel deprived not to be able to talk about it in its own thread (it's true for the others too) and share with other fans.

@dcdebor @silvercould open the threads and link/merge whatever should be I'd be so very happy :wub2:

Anne, the YouTube playlist is NOT AVAILABLE :no:

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I don't think we need individual threads for each part of the soundtrack.  Commenting on the lyrics makes up a large part of song threads, but here there is just the music to comment on. 

• Like 5

So, I just listened to the full playthrough on YT and omg, I'm crying, I'm shaking with emotion and adrenaline, I feel like I've been transported. My god. Mika not only understands and crafts beautiful music, he understands the power of music and imbues his work with it. It's incredible. 

I know he's not in it for awards, but I really hope he is profesionally and critically acknowledged for this soundtrack. It merits it, and he deserves nothing less. 

Wow. I'm speechless. Wow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, silver said:

I don't think we need individual threads for each part of the soundtrack.  Commenting on the lyrics makes up a large part of song threads, but here there is just the music to comment on. 

It's not just lyrics or else we'd be the Mika bookclub :lmfao:

And Mika wouldn't be mikasounds either...

I want to know who likes the same songs without lyrics I do and how it makes them feel. 

I'm not asking this just for me. Tonight on the  MFC instagram live we were actually discussing about all those songs without lyrics together and it was a way to keep doing it. 

The beginning made me cry so much. No lyrics but Mika's voice exploding in my head. It was something wild and amazing. The vibes of his voice. So strong.